IGNORED

...I'll see you in my dreams!

Redbarn

Over the last few days I have been wondering just why the sags love to sing...ugh...sticks in my throat, "Goodnight Irene"...cos it has ######k all to do with football, or did I really miss something here!

Still not really sure, but I think the theme of the song revolves around DREAMS, well thats all them sags will ever have, is'nt it? Hearing it so often of late, it has become utterly sickening to me and I expect ALL other City supporters will be feeling likewise.

I doubt if there are many sags out there who would know the true words or even why this is their "signature" chant, not to mention a history of the song and the original artists who performed it.

But then I think their dreams turned into Nightmares years & years ago, don't you?

Especially so when we enter The Championship next season!!!

I enclose a link for those who of us who may be curios.. :source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodnight,_Irene

Okay, can't beat us on the pitch, so take the piss out of our song - whatever gives you a small sense of victory.

"When we get to the Championship"? Have you been watching City for the past five years? You'll bottle it, you always do. Hold me to that.

Okay, can't beat us on the pitch, so take the piss out of our song - whatever gives you a small sense of victory.

"When we get to the Championship"? Have you been watching City for the past five years? You'll bottle it, you always do. Hold me to that.

Come on Hodges you've had your cup final let us hold on to the belief that we will get out of the league were in this season. I'm sure if we do you will come over here to congratulate us like so many of our good city fans did on your site on Tuesday night.

Guest mesa boogie
Given that Scott Murray is a biracial Scot can you please explain the "monkey" comment.....

He looks like a monkey, it's not a racist statement you raging loon. It's exactly the same thing as Newcastle supporters saying that Peter Reid had a 'monkey's heed'.

Grow up.

He looks like a monkey, it's not a racist statement you raging loon. It's exactly the same thing as Newcastle supporters saying that Peter Reid had a 'monkey's heed'.

Grow up.

No - it's not the same thing in the slightest. Would you use your 'Newcastle / Peter Reid' example if someone were to call Shaun Wright-Phillips "monkey Wright-Phillips"? I would hope not, the reason being it is a racial slur.

There is no raging lunacy about it. If you don't want me questioning your dubious comments then either keep your comments to yourself.

Guest mesa boogie
No - it's not the same thing in the slightest. Would you use your 'Newcastle / Peter Reid' example if someone were to call Shaun Wright-Phillips "monkey Wright-Phillips"? I would hope not, the reason being it is a racial slur.

There is no raging lunacy about it. If you don't want me questioning your dubious comments then either keep your comments to yourself.

Oh suck on a lemon.

Come on Hodges you've had your cup final let us hold on to the belief that we will get out of the league were in this season. I'm sure if we do you will come over here to congratulate us like so many of our good city fans did on your site on Tuesday night.

I'll do just that.

My problem, which I show in posts like the one I put on this thread, isn't with your average red. It's with those who harp on about not caring about losing to your most hated rivals, trying to pretend that Yeovil/Swindon are bigger games, about how Rovers are just a tiny footnote on the ass of your club, who, in their eyes, deserve to be in some kind of World Super League for only the greatest, best supported teams on the planet.

The same ones who harped on about how we'd lose four or five nil.

IF you go up (and its fair to suggest it might not happen) I'll congratulate you no problem at all.

I'll do just that.

My problem, which I show in posts like the one I put on this thread, isn't with your average red. It's with those who harp on about not caring about losing to your most hated rivals, trying to pretend that Yeovil/Swindon are bigger games

The way things are going the Yeovil game is going to be a lot bigger than the jpt against you. :yes:

I'll do just that.

My problem, which I show in posts like the one I put on this thread, isn't with your average red. It's with those who harp on about not caring about losing to your most hated rivals, trying to pretend that Yeovil/Swindon are bigger games, about how Rovers are just a tiny footnote on the ass of your club, who, in their eyes, deserve to be in some kind of World Super League for only the greatest, best supported teams on the planet.

The same ones who harped on about how we'd lose four or five nil.

IF you go up (and its fair to suggest it might not happen) I'll congratulate you no problem at all.

Just because some people including myself thought we would hammer you doesn't mean it was all that important, i cringed at how excited some of your fans were, we had alot of fans that genuinely wern't bothered, and still arn't.

You cringed because supporters of another team celebrated getting to a cup final? Yeah, how sad of us.

No, i meant the excitement at facing us for a place in the mickey mouse cup final, i didn't even want to discuss it because it just wasn't important, we have bigger fish to fry, we need to get the bread and butter sorted out and get out this league, i couldn't give 2 hoots what you achieve, aslong as your still the rag bag rovers.

No, i meant the excitement at facing us for a place in the mickey mouse cup final, i didn't even want to discuss it because it just wasn't important, we have bigger fish to fry, we need to get the bread and butter sorted out and get out this league, i couldn't give 2 hoots what you achieve, aslong as your still the rag bag rovers.

Excitement at the chance to shut up the people who keep telling us we're shit, we're a nothing club, we're just a footnote on the ass of the sleeping giant Bristol City.

Excuse me for being excited and happy that we shut you up.

Was it mickey mouse in 2003 or 2000? I bet it was a very important competition then. Did you go to those games? If so, why did you, after all its just a Mickey Mouse trophy.

Excitement at the chance to shut up the people who keep telling us we're shit, we're a nothing club, we're just a footnote on the ass of the sleeping giant Bristol City.

Excuse me for being excited and happy that we shut you up.

Was it mickey mouse in 2003 or 2000? I bet it was a very important competition then. Did you go to those games? If so, why did you, after all its just a Mickey Mouse trophy.

But that was the final, not the Semi final, against such dross as yourselves, i believe we may have the last laugh if we go up automatic or walk out and win the play off final at the new Wembley, so i wouldn't sing too loud.

But that was the final, not the Semi final, against such dross as yourselves, i believe we may have the last laugh if we go up automatic or walk out and win the play off final at the new Wembley, so i wouldn't sing too loud.

Why would you have the last laugh? No-one is trying to claim we're a better team, so how would you going up get the last laugh on us?

Like I said, you'll bottle it. You always do.

Well well well one of the few sagheads (Well two seeing as philgas has joined too)I have defended on this forum as having intelligence has sunk to a typical saghead low. :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se:

You lot never registered on my radar until the last two weeks. I could never understand the outright hostility so many City fans have towards the blue few. I can now. go away.

This from a team which has errrrrrrrrr lit League 2 up since your fall from grace. Missed promotion, one year, relegated the next.

Unlike City who keep near missing. Know which I'd rather have.

Why would you have the last laugh? No-one is trying to claim we're a better team, so how would you going up get the last laugh on us?

Like I said, you'll bottle it. You always do.

Hodges 17!...Age or IQ?

Sad mate, have yer moment......as for bottle it?

Bit premiture cocker aint it....probably the same as you in a real life......

Over the last few days I have been wondering just why the sags love to sing...ugh...sticks in my throat, "Goodnight Irene"...cos it has ######k all to do with football, or did I really miss something here!

Still not really sure, but I think the theme of the song revolves around DREAMS, well thats all them sags will ever have, is'nt it? Hearing it so often of late, it has become utterly sickening to me and I expect ALL other City supporters will be feeling likewise.

I doubt if there are many sags out there who would know the true words or even why this is their "signature" chant, not to mention a history of the song and the original artists who performed it.

But then I think their dreams turned into Nightmares years & years ago, don't you?

Especially so when we enter The Championship next season!!!

I enclose a link for those who of us who may be curios.. :source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodnight,_Irene

Pete

Please rest assured that such songs are banned here in France

Tone

Well well well one of the few sagheads (Well two seeing as philgas has joined too)I have defended on this forum as having intelligence has sunk to a typical saghead low. :disapointed2se: :disapointed2se:

You lot never registered on my radar until the last two weeks. I could never understand the outright hostility so many City fans have towards the blue few. I can now. go away.

This from a team which has errrrrrrrrr lit League 2 up since your fall from grace. Missed promotion, one year, relegated the next.

Unlike City who keep near missing. Know which I'd rather have.

Buck,s yer a legend mate.........don't play up to the sad little low life.

Probably one of those running on to the pitch, dancing about like something out of Abba Queen and "hands up if i am a poof , hands up if i am a poof ", let them/ him have his day mate......

Buck,s yer a legend mate.........don't play up to the sad little low life.

Probably one of those running on to the pitch, dancing about like something out of Abba Queen and "hands up if i am a poof , hands up if i am a poof ", let them/ him have his day mate......

To give these two some credit, I don't think they did marra, but otherwise.

Given that Scott Murray is a biracial Scot can you please explain the "monkey" comment.....

He means exactly what he said. He thinks Scott Murray looks like a monkey. Monkeys are tanned/black. Scott has tanned skin and usually an afro.

Take your PC crap elsewhere for heavens sake.

As for the Irene song, I think its quality, Rovers fans have a unique song that they all actually sing together.

What have we got? As mentioned, a crappy chant of 'Come on you reds', a song about cider than Yeovil sing and a nickname thats shared with about 4 other professional clubs.

:fastasleep:

Archived