IGNORED

...I'll see you in my dreams!

Redbarn

I would say that 'One for the Bristol City' is unique to BC - by my reckoning that is a football related song and hardly something we've ripped off from another club.

At the end of the day you won't hear a single song chanted by City fans that has originated from a lovesick person, which to be quite frank I would be embarrased to be associated - even if I was raised by a bunch of inbred north Bristol gypsies.

Also...... as I have said before..... As football songs go 'One For The Bristol City' is not actually that bad at all

Take your PC crap elsewhere for heavens sake.

I'd be careful mate - there is a world of difference between racism and political correctness.

When the Spanish were calling Shaun Wright-Phillips a monkey do you think thats acceptable? Do you dismiss the people who complain about incidents like that as the PC brigade? Maybe you think it's acceptable for the scum gashead to call Scott Murray a monkey because the hue of his skin isn't as dark as SWP. Where do you draw the line?

Personally i love the J.R Cash version of the song, know its Rovers but personally

don't give a damn. A classic depressing song that Morrissey would of been proud of.

Still wish we had a decent anthem to sing along to with some passion.

Thank God we're not in Div 4 though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be careful mate - there is a world of difference between racism and political correctness.

When the Spanish were calling Shaun Wright-Phillips a monkey do you think thats acceptable? Do you dismiss the people who complain about incidents like that as the PC brigade? Maybe you think it's acceptable for the scum gashead to call Scott Murray a monkey because the hue of his skin isn't as dark as SWP. Where do you draw the line?

The fact is there is a difference in thinking somebody (of any race) looks like a monkey and saying so...or saying they look like a monkey because of the racist connotations in doing so.

The spanish are racist scum. The gashead is just saying he think Scott looks like a chimp.

Its nothing to get worked up about.

Personally I don't think people should tiptoe over such issues, if a black person does look like a monkey then he does. Like I say its the intent in what people say and how they say it thats a bigger issue.

Anyhoo, Gas are crap eh.

Archived