IGNORED

Mr. Robbored

tommy doc

Instead of hounding Robbored and pouring scorn on his views and service to the SC at every opportunity, why don't you see this page or the official website for ways in which you can contact the SC to have all your questions answered?

Many thanks for the link to a webpage that in parts is at least 12 months out of date.

RR, is it too late to apply for the role of Part-time Administrator? Has the 12 October deadline been extended?

Many thanks for the link to a webpage that in parts is at least 12 months out of date.

Well, really, that's not my fault, is it? I can only point at the current page for the SC, can't I?

:disapointed2se:

As I said before, if people are that concerned about what the SC do and RR's involvement (or not), why not go to the SC and ask them in person instead on posting smart-alec, sarcastic and abusive remarks on this forum?

It is plain to me that RR is not going to be drawn on this thread.

From my point of view, it seems that from the results of their survey, the ST is more politically motivated than the SC.

Well, really, that's not my fault, is it? I can only point at the current page for the SC, can't I?

As I said before, if people are that concerned about what the SC do and RR's involvement (or not), why not go to the SC and ask them in person instead on posting smart-alec, sarcastic and abusive remarks on this forum?

From my point of view, it seems that from the results of their survey, the ST is more politically motivated than the SC.

It's only a small thing, but a poor webpage that is a year out of date is something I've come to expect of the SC.

I made enquiries into the activities of the SC a couple of years ago and discovered that despite having spare capacity in the old venue, they were not encouraging new members. I was gobsmacked by this as I thought the SC's reason for being was to raise funds for the club.

If all the SC wants to do is provide a venue for it's members to have a pint in then fine, simply rename it the Bristol City Social Club. If the SC is there purely to provide such a venue then I don't think it's chairman should have a seat at board meetings.

• Admin

The point being if a potential member has questions they wish to have answered before committing to join the SC then they must join up in order to get access to the SC Hall in order to get these questions answered.

The ST in contrast are very happy to answer these questions before you join up.

Both organisations rely heavily on membership to generate funds though it looks like the ST try to encourage their ranks to gorw whilst the SC doesn't and therefore doesn't maximise their potential to raise money for BCFC.

It's only a small thing, but a poor webpage that is a year out of date is something I've come to expect of the SC.

I made enquiries into the activities of the SC a couple of years ago and discovered that despite having spare capacity in the old venue, they were not encouraging new members. I was gobsmacked by this as I thought the SC's reason for being was to raise funds for the club.

If all the SC wants to do is provide a venue for it's members to have a pint in then fine, simply rename it the Bristol City Social Club. If the SC is there purely to provide such a venue then I don't think it's chairman should have a seat at board meetings.

The old venue of the SC, which is now the Premier Lounge, was only able to hold a maximum of 200 people due to fire regulations. The membership was fully

subscribed, all be it that not every member attends every match day, therefore there was no spare capacity at all.

As for the idea of calling the SC The Bristol City Social Club, it may shock you to discover, that all the SC members are Bristol City supporters - what do you think they do - just come in for a pint before the game, go home and come back after? !!!!

I understand there is currently a waiting list for gold membership, so the SC can't be all that bad can it?

Is that not what i'm doing now?

The old venue of the SC, which is now the Premier Lounge, was only able to hold a maximum of 200 people due to fire regulations. The membership was fully

subscribed, all be it that not every member attends every match day, therefore there was no spare capacity at all.

I was told by one committee member that there were a small number of vacancies for membership. Subsequently a different committee member sent me an application form.

The point being if a potential member has questions they wish to have answered before committing to join the SC then they must join up in order to get access to the SC Hall in order to get these questions answered.

I don't think I said that. I said go to the SC in person and ask your questions there. I made no mention of having to join. I was trying to be practical. It is obvious that, as chairman of the SC, RR is not going to be drawn on this thread. My suggestion was to go see them in person. According to the website, the SC is manned on Mondays and Tuesdays. AFAIK, I don't think you have to be a member in order to ask questions.

Is that not what i'm doing now?

No, you are hounding RR, who just happens to be the chairman of the SC.

I think he posts on this forum as an individual, not in his capacity as SC Chairman. If you want to ask questions of the SC, contact them through the normal channels advertised on the official website.

No, you are hounding RR, who just happens to be the chairman of the SC.

I think he posts on this forum as an individual, not in his capacity as SC Chairman. If you want to ask questions of the SC, contact them through the normal channels advertised on the official website.

If i were the chairman of any organisation i would expect that if people had queries about said organisation and were able to contact me very easily via an internet forum, then they would do so, and bring those queries to me, for, as chaiman, i would be ideally positioned to deal with them.

• Admin
I don't think I said that. I said go to the SC in person and ask your questions there. I made no mention of having to join. I was trying to be practical. It is obvious that, as chairman of the SC, RR is not going to be drawn on this thread. My suggestion was to go see them in person. According to the website, the SC is manned on Mondays and Tuesdays. AFAIK, I don't think you have to be a member in order to ask questions.

Again, that isn't particularly conducive to welcoming new members by expecting those who have a question or two to ask to make a trip to Ashton Gate in order to ask these questions in person. Remember on a matchday the only way a non-member could ask these questions is if they happen to go in the same stand as an SC member with answers (and can recognise them).

I can full well appreciate that this thread is possibly not the best way of getting questions answered (due to fishing by members on both sides of the debate) but my belief that the SC could do more in following the ST's lead in answering potential new members' concerns still stands.

If i were the chairman of any organisation i would expect that if people had queries about said organisation and were able to contact me very easily via an internet forum, then they would do so, and bring those queries to me, for, as chaiman, i would be ideally positioned to deal with them.

I've agreed to answer your questions personally - but you refuse to pm me.

I'll happily meet you for a pint at the next home game to discuss your queries if you like.

Again, that isn't particularly conducive to welcoming new members by expecting those who have a question or two to ask to make a trip to Ashton Gate in order to ask these questions in person. Remember on a matchday the only way a non-member could ask these questions is if they happen to go in the same stand as an SC member with answers (and can recognise them).

I can full well appreciate that this thread is possibly not the best way of getting questions answered (due to fishing by members on both sides of the debate) but my belief that the SC could do more in following the ST's lead in answering potential new members' concerns still stands.

There is also an email address which can be used.

Why can these questions not be answered here, on an open forum?

I've already explained why - whatever I say will be shot down in flames by those who just enjoy having a pop at either me or the SC.

Plus - I've already answered the questions you ask several times in the past.My replies will be in the archives.

I've already explained why - whatever I say will be shot down in flames by those who just enjoy having a pop at either me or the SC.

Plus - I've already answered the questions you ask several times in the past.My replies will be in the archives.

I don't believe there are many posters on here who would want to have a pop at you or the SC for no good reason. There may be posters who would wish to have a pop at a seemingly poorly run organisation whose chairman has no idea how to promote it and who refuses to engage in discussion with stakeholders, but then i would hope there are.

I don't have a spare however long it would take me to trawl the archives, i suggest it would be quicker for you to just answer the questions.

You must be joking! :rofl2br:

I don't think many people go about just having a pop with no reason. Mabe it is a case of what goes around comes around.

Also do you really believe that the way you come across posting on this board does not reflect upon the supporters club. Even if your opinions are not wholey representative of the club they are those of the chairman of it.

I don't think many people go about just having a pop with no reason. Mabe it is a case of what goes around comes around.

Also do you really believe that the way you come across posting on this board does not reflect upon the supporters club. Even if your opinions are not wholey representative of the club they are those of the chairman of it.

This forum reaches relatively few fans across the whole spectrum of the thousands that are out there.The number of subcribers on the forum is a small percentage of the total in other worrds.

It therefore makes absolutley no difference to me how I 'come across' on the forum.Like everyone else I have opinions about all things City and am entitled to express them here. The fact that I am the SC chairman does not restrict me in any way as it does some others in official positions. I've said many times that the views I express on here are my own and not necessarily those of the SC. Some forum users choose to overlook that fact.

I make 'official' SC contributions whenever I have to - on local radio and TV and so on.In that capacity I am not anything like as outspoken or contraversial as I am on this forum for obvious reasons.

This was just the point I was going to make.

I don't particularly care for his role as SC Chair other than the fact he's in a relatively high profile position. I only signed up 'cos it's only a fiver' and I did use the DEH (mainly for the H/T pint admitedly) and just feel it's another club in the bag for matchday refreshments. Have no real other association with it.

It's the conduct on here that is my primary gripe, his aloof manner and all this ''voice of reason/sage'' nonsense from a man who's as prone to talking shite as me, you or any other poster.

The predictable and staunch defence of the Club in the face of rightfully begrudge People whatever the situation.

Then ofcourse his forum conduct in terms of games/angling/goading (call it whatever you want) I refer specifically to that one intense issue ofcourse.

Personally I'd expect better from a middle aged man in such a position so as far as any 'bandwaggoning' goes: it is no surprise to me and he has none of my sympathy whatsoever.

This forum reaches relatively few fans across the whole spectrum of the thousands that are out there.The number of subcribers on the forum is a small percentage of the total in other worrds.

It therefore makes absolutley no difference to me how I 'come across' on the forum.Like everyone else I have opinions about all things City and am entitled to express them here. The fact that I am the SC chairman does not restrict me in any way as it does some others in official positions. I've said many times that the views I express on here are my own and not necessarily those of the SC. Some forum users choose to overlook that fact.

I make 'official' SC contributions whenever I have to - on local radio and TV and so on.In that capacity I am not anything like as outspoken or contraversial as I am on this forum for obvious reasons.

Robbered I have nothing to do with either group, me looking in on what others are saying take it with a pinch of salt,you will never appease everybody on here never in a million years.

everybody has his or hers views and we all see things in a different way.

I personally have no wish to be involved with either scheme,however you are there always to be shot at on this forum.

RR

I don't think anyone would disagree with any of that. I don't read your posts and think they are representative of anyone but yourself.

However in your capacity as chairman of the SC why don't you take advantage of this forum to communicate to prospective members, or to increase the funds raised by the SC?

I don't think I have been approached to contribute to any fundraising initiative organised by the SC in as long as I can remember. How much have you raised for the club in the last few years?

Is it that small? 2500 registered users but how many that aren't registered?

I think the arrogance that you show really reflects poorly upon you as a person. It should matter to you how you come across because you are in a privilaged position and one which can aid this club. However it appears that you seem to be causing a rift between fans and the supporters club. Is this in the best interest of anyone?

I find it hard for a chairman of anything to distance their personal beliefs with the organisation that they are providing a strategic direction to. If you are able then maybe i've underestimated you.

Then ofcourse his forum conduct in terms of games/angling/goading (call it whatever you want) I refer specifically to that one intense issue ofcourse.

Personally I'd expect better from a middle aged man in such a position so as far as any 'bandwaggoning' goes: it is no surprise to me and he has none of my sympathy whatsoever.

And the worst bit for me is that he doesn't see it as a problem!

I would pay £5 to drink in the Dolman Hall as an annual membership, even a tenner.

But, not so long as it makes me a member of the S.C.

Why is that anyway? Surely it is better the money goes straight to the club.

I must have stepped through one of those worm holes in Space that are so frequented in Star Trek.

It's an alternative universe where I get to agree wholeheartedly with Neo. Scary.

I would like access to the Dolman Hall but not if it means signing up to an organisation that I cannot find anything out about.

I must have stepped through one of those worm holes in Space that are so frequented in Star Trek.

It's an alternative universe where I get to agree wholeheartedly with Neo. Scary.

I would like access to the Dolman Hall but not if it means signing up to an organisation that I cannot find anything out about.

As I havent paid a fiver for entry to the red and white bar can someone tell me do you get anything other than a pass to get in? Do the sc send you a newsletter like the st or any updates during the season on what the sc have done with the money spent?

An interesting debate that has mostly steered away from personal abuse and insults!

I have no real problem with either organisation but am a member of only one of them, the ST. Why is that?

Well a couple of years ago I thought about applying to the SC but was put off by the form that seemed to suggest I had to be sponsored by a member of the SC and because I was told there was a waiting list (due to capacity issues in SC bar). I know this has now changed but as I rarely have a drink before a match and I sit in the Williams, access to the DEH isn't really a priority for me. So my only reason for wanting to join the SC would be to get more involved in the Club and show my support for a fan based organisation. Which is why I joined the ST (and was involved in it from an early stage) because it offered what I was looking for in a fan based organisation and the SC didn't.

I agree with Madger, the SC need to think about PR a little more and get better at publicising what they do and what contributions they make to BCFC - I am sure they are a good organisation but we don't hear much from them, whereas we certainly do from the ST.

An interesting debate that has mostly steered away from personal abuse and insults!

I have no real problem with either organisation but am a member of only one of them, the ST. Why is that?

Well a couple of years ago I thought about applying to the SC but was put off by the form that seemed to suggest I had to be sponsored by a member of the SC and because I was told there was a waiting list (due to capacity issues in SC bar). I know this has now changed but as I rarely have a drink before a match and I sit in the Williams, access to the DEH isn't really a priority for me. So my only reason for wanting to join the SC would be to get more involved in the Club and show my support for a fan based organisation. Which is why I joined the ST (and was involved in it from an early stage) because it offered what I was looking for in a fan based organisation and the SC didn't.

I agree with Madger, the SC need to think about PR a little more and get better at publicising what they do and what contributions they make to BCFC - I am sure they are a good organisation but we don't hear much from them, whereas we certainly do from the ST.

Untill the start of this season the SC was very restricted by the limited capacity in the old clubroom.Fire regulations limited the matchday attendence to 200.It was therefore very difficult to expand the membership numbers which had been the case for years.We had no reason then to have recruitment campaign and there were no stratagies in place.Nevertheless the SC was able over many seasons to donate around £10k each year to the football club.Money raised largely by membership revenue,xmas draws and other fund raising schemes.

In August we moved into tne DEH and overnight our membership ballooned to 10 times what it had been previously.Our membership reveune obviously increased and we made a donation of £3k to football in the community at the start of the season.We will be making a larger donation to the FC later this year.

Our difficulty has been dealing with such a large membership when we have been used to dealing with far less.Reaching 350 fans is simple compared to 3500+.This season has been a transitional one for the SC.

We are planning for next season to put on some social events and on Tuesday night we gave out forms to find out what the fans would like and the kind of event they would support.As yet we have not had the chance to evaluate the response.We are also organising a much grander Player of the Year awards in liaison with the Trust the details of which will be announced in due course.

Joining the SC as a bronze member couldn't be easier - its just a simple form which takes a couple of mins to complete.Gold membership is more complex as a passport photo is required.In the past our constitution dictated that new members had to be sponsored by existing members.That has now changed.

The SC has not needed this season to seek publicity - simply taking over a much larger venue has increased our profile no end.Next season its likely that our membership will remain much the same as it is currenetly and I daresay the only publicity you'll see next season is that advertising any events that we put on.

One point that I have picked up from this thread is that our webpage on the mainsite needs updating!

The SC has not needed this season to seek publicity - simply taking over a much larger venue has increased our profile no end.Next season its likely that our membership will remain much the same as it is currenetly and I daresay the only publicity you'll see next season is that advertising any events that we put on.

A good response to the questions but I would like to point out that PR is not just about publicity.

Archived