IGNORED

It Was The Night Before Christmas

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

Johnson said in the EP that it he does not expect any major signings before the end of June this has me worried sounds like some one going around Christmas Eve looking for a bargain and ending with what is left.

I would have hoped that City would have identified the player they wanted and signed them up by the end of May I hope with the increase of season tickets we are going to get players and not rookies

Johnson said in the EP that it he does not expect any major signings before the end of June this has me worried sounds like some one going around Christmas Eve looking for a bargain and ending with what is left.

I would have hoped that City would have identified the player they wanted and signed them up by the end of May I hope with the increase of season tickets we are going to get players and not rookies

Does the transfer window not open until July 1st anyway? Or is it June 1st? I always get mixed up. Either way i don't think he will leave it until a week before the 1st game of the season before making signings as he will want them to bed into the side in the pre season friendlies.

Be under absolutely no doubt that Johnson has identified who he wants.

There are a number of reasons why new players don't sign 'before the end of May'.Namely most current contracts end in June and then players are away on their summer hols.Contract negociations can take a time as well.

Already looking at possible signings with pospsill looking like being a target !!

Plus i think Johnson is refering to not making any signings unitill pre-season with not many other teams making signings bar Charlton,

So sit tight and i think Johnson will mke the right decisions,

unless of course you want us to sign big names and make a gaff of it like we did the last time we got promoted

All aboard, all aboard. Anyone else for the AY express to doom and despondency.

:fish:

PDG

Already looking at possible signings with pospsill looking like being a target !!

Plus i think Johnson is refering to not making any signings unitill pre-season with not many other teams making signings bar Charlton,

So sit tight and i think Johnson will mke the right decisions,

unless of course you want us to sign big names and make a gaff of it like we did the last time we got promoted

Were they actually big names or just alot of money paid? I don't think i'd heard of any of the players that were brought in, mainly the foreigners

Guest ashtonyate

There are a number of reasons why new players don't sign 'before the end of May'.Namely most current contracts end in June and then players are away on their summer hols.Contract negociations can take a time as well.

In the papers there are players signing for other clubs all the time, also from what you are saying we are after out of contract player and not buying them

It could be they want the season tickets sold before they upset us with crap signings.

In the papers there are players signing for other clubs all the time, also from what you are saying we are after out of contract player and not buying them

It could be they want the season tickets sold before they upset us with crap signings.

I refer you to post #7

PDG

Were they actually big names or just alot of money paid? I don't think i'd heard of any of the players that were brought in, mainly the foreigners

They were big name signings such as Tony Thorpe and Ade Akinbiyi i had def heard of Tony Thorpe before he signed and didn't we ( scott davidson) pay close to a Million for him !! so that must class a big signing for us

They were big name signings such as Tony Thorpe and Ade Akinbiyi i had def heard of Tony Thorpe before he signed and didn't we ( scott davidson) pay close to a Million for him !! so that must class a big signing for us

That was the only two. i was referring to the foreign players we signed. Thorpe did ok fur us at this level, Akinbuyi missed god knows how may chances he SHOULDVE scored. I remember one particular game (forget who against) where the ball came in, he was 6 yards out, middle of the goal, with the keper stranded on the near post (to where th cross came from), and he hit the far post!

Didn't stop Charlton yesterday

That was the only two. i was referring to the foreign players we signed. Thorpe did ok fur us at this level, Akinbuyi missed god knows how may chances he SHOULDVE scored. I remember one particular game (forget who against) where the ball came in, he was 6 yards out, middle of the goal, with the keper stranded on the near post (to where th cross came from), and he hit the far post!

Akinbiyi was a good player for us and we probably made more out of him than any other player in financial terms.He scored plenty of goals in a relegation team and Andy Cole missed shed loads of chances et has still played for England and move around for millions..

Our problem that season was caused by a few bad decisions:

1.Not replacing Sean Taylor.

2.Not signing Jason Roberts to partner Akinbiyi.

3.Not bringing in Ray Harford to work with John Ward.

All bad decisions that cost the Board and John Ward dearly.

2.Not signing Jason Roberts to partner Akinbiyi.

We got rid of Jason Roberts/he walked away after he disobeyed club orders in our promotion season. He wanted to play for his country in a nothing game while we told him to stay. He went against the club and played for his country and never came back.

I actually spoke to Gary Johnson the other day and he told me that NO-ONE will be signed in the close season just so that Ashtonyate can come on here and say "I told you so".

Guest ashtonyate
I actually spoke to Gary Johnson the other day and he told me that NO-ONE will be signed in the close season just so that Ashtonyate can come on here and say "I told you so".

I hear that Smith is coming back and Johnson has a bet that he will score this season the price is 500 to 1 I might have a pound on that no 50p might be less risky.

Didn't stop Charlton yesterday

Who get £3m Parachute payments per year, plus made a profit of £4m+ last financial year. Oh and £8-10m likely to come in for Bent.

Bit different to our situation isn't it?

Who get £3m Parachute payments per year, plus made a profit of £4m+ last financial year. Oh and £8-10m likely to come in for Bent.

Bit different to our situation isn't it?

There are lots of "clever" emotive comments flying around that arise from the season ticket pricing. We all know that Charlton's situation is light years different to ours - it is just that one or two are choosing to ignore it to try and be controversial in my opinion.

Guest ashtonyate

After last season debarkle of not being able to sign a striker I was hoping that we would have one lined up we don't need to know his name.

All Johnson needed to say we have got a forward coming in for the start of training but unable to name him yet, but reading between the lines we are still looking and most on this forum will agree we need to get some experience up front for the new season.

After last season debarkle of not being able to sign a striker I was hoping that we would have one lined up we don't need to know his name.

All Johnson needed to say we have got a forward coming in for the start of training but unable to name him yet, but reading between the lines we are still looking and most on this forum will agree we need to get some experience up front for the new season.

Sometimes when I read your posts AY I think you must have a very simple outlook on life.Its all very straightforward for you.Black and white if you like.

Does it never occur to you that the wheelings and dealings that go on within AG are confidential? That its far bettr to play cards close to your chest rather than go public on just about everything.

Every City fan must know that Johnson is looking for a striker or two.Its common knowledge.City didn't have a 20+ goal scorer last season and lost/drew games that a poacher may have made the difference in.His interest in Popisil is well known and he is looking at other options as well.

What more info do you want?

I'm really not stressing about our current striker situation as i feel that Johnson has it all covered, he knows we need one / two, and is on the case hence scouting missions to Europe and you never no we might find a gem such a doyle that Reading found

so sit back and enjoy the ride :yawn:

Guest ashtonyate
What I want to know is where are all the academy players coming through..

God damn waste of space..

:noexpression:

Sorry that was like an outta body experience.

We can't afford them

Does the transfer window not open until July 1st anyway? Or is it June 1st? I always get mixed up. Either way i don't think he will leave it until a week before the 1st game of the season before making signings as he will want them to bed into the side in the pre season friendlies.

urrrr no mate. Charlton, Chelski and others have already been snapping up players faster than you can say Michael posposiellieanoonill or whatever his friggin name is.

urrrr no mate. Charlton, Chelski and others have already been snapping up players faster than you can say Michael posposiellieanoonill or whatever his friggin name is.

we did the same last year with Jevo, McCombe, and Chris Weale. They cant join up with the squad yet. they have to wait until the day the transfer window opens on july 1st (i think from what ive been told)

After the way GJ and everyone else involved managed to somehow keep the fact that Basso was injured and GJ had signed emergency loan keeper from Everton and nobody heard about it an hour before KO against carlisle ( actually bumped into kitman with wwhatisnames shirt and shorts having numbers printed on them in Carlisle clubshop )........deep breathe........i woudn`t be surprised to hear nothing in the way of rumour from the Gate until such time as any deals are done and dusted.

PDG

Guest ashtonyate

Are my words coming true a couple of weeks before training starts and we have not signed a player yet

Archived