IGNORED

It Was The Night Before Christmas

Guest ashtonyate

how

"We don't want to alert clubs to who we are buying". But you're saying they already know of these players and that they don't feel that they are good enough.

Guest ashtonyate
"We don't want to alert clubs to who we are buying". But you're saying they already know of these players and that they don't feel that they are good enough.

Well I would think there agents would put the word around to see whats on the table thats there job

Well I would think there agents would put the word around to see whats on the table thats there job

Wow - I didn't realise you knew Agents on the continent! Do you really think the likes of Pospisil, Bendar &Jankauskas would have ended up at Hearts if it wasn't for their chairman? They'd still be languishing in the Lithuanian Premier Division if he wasn't in charge.

Guest ashtonyate
AY....this isn't strictly related to this post, but I was just wondering how exactly you're related to SarahB...Father, Uncle?

Don't understand ??

Guest ashtonyate
Wow - I didn't realise you knew Agents on the continent! Do you really think the likes of Pospisil, Bendar &Jankauskas would have ended up at Hearts if it wasn't for their chairman? They'd still be languishing in the Lithuanian Premier Division if he wasn't in charge.

That's what agents do offer player to clubs its like selling anything you find out your market then tell them what you got footballer are no different to any sellable item. I don't see what you are trying to say??.

Guest east_dundry_red
Johnson said in the EP that it he does not expect any major signings before the end of June this has me worried sounds like some one going around Christmas Eve looking for a bargain and ending with what is left.

I would have hoped that City would have identified the player they wanted and signed them up by the end of May I hope with the increase of season tickets we are going to get players and not rookies

Or maybe the fact that on the 1st of june players contracts ends. Maybe a few players he is after have contracts else where and their clubs wont allow them to talk becaus ethey are trying to keep hold of them.

That's what agents do offer player to clubs its like selling anything you find out your market then tell them what you got footballer are no different to any sellable item. I don't see what you are trying to say??.

What I am saying is that if their agents were flashing them around in the UK, then why did they not end up at Hearts until a compatriot gained control of the club?

Last season we needed a front player from about November

if we had NEEDED an additional front player, we wouldn't have got promoted.

We might have badly wanted a new player, and I'm sure we would all have felt a whole load happier if we had found that player and walked the league by the end of March. But the evidence of our final league position proves that we didn't NEED it....beyond even your ability to argue otherwise with any credibility!

ah, the wonders of hindsight :)

Dan

We might have badly wanted a new player, and I'm sure we would all have felt a whole load happier if we had found that player and walked the league by the end of March. But the evidence of our final league position proves that we didn't NEED it....beyond even your ability to argue otherwise with any credibility!

Dan

If we had needed an additional striker, we also wouldn't have registered the most shots in the division!

Guest ashtonyate

Dan

Had we got the strikers then they would have bedded down and i would have been a lot happier than now we have got to build an understanding between the front players and that does not happen over night.

Which is why I cannot understand people saying we got till August to bring in players we must start the season running not wait until the team gets it together we could be at the bottom of the league by then.

As for last season I still think we were lucky that it was a poor division I know you can only beat what is put in front of you but I felt uneasy at a lot of the games as i felt we lucky, next season will be a different ball game and i feel we cannot take to much from last season time will tell.

Had we got the strikers then they would have bedded down and i would have been a lot happier than now we have got to build an understanding between the front players and that does not happen over night.

Which is why I cannot understand people saying we got till August to bring in players we must start the season running not wait until the team gets it together we could be at the bottom of the league by then.

As for last season I still think we were lucky that it was a poor division I know you can only beat what is put in front of you but I felt uneasy at a lot of the games as i felt we lucky, next season will be a different ball game and i feel we cannot take to much from last season time will tell.

AY can i just ask you something?

I actually admire your boll@cks with some of the things you post on here, and without sounding OTT, do you actually sit down and think to yerself; "how the #### can i wind these wan@kers up now?

I think, in general, every City fan on here wants the same thing.

By that i mean, possible new signings, the stadium being developed, as cheap as possible season tickets, funding into the football club, and on and on and on.

But after reading some/most of your quotes on here, my judgement is you love to wind the younger fans up, who retaliate, and bite back with vengence!

I can see you have followed the club for a long time, me too, and most of the older posters don't jump down yer throat to much.

But i swear, you love the wind up and get off on it!

Now please don't take that as a rude reply, just my own personal feeling.

Just personally I disagree. In comparison to the 2 seasons before I felt it a pretty decent league.

For what it's worth I totally agree with you. We were crying out for some effective fit strikers last year and it's only because of the quality from the rest of the pitch that we succeeded.

If we don't get some strikers in for this season then we'll be stuffed.

Now that's the obvious stuff over and done with.

Last season I don't believe that GJ was content with that - he tried to get that oaf from Notts in - and also Popsicle and that's just the ones we know about.

And in a similar vein, we've still got some way to go before the beginning of the season - although getting players in ASAP is better than leaving it til later (as you say so that the team can gel), there's a number of factors to consider:

- players on holidays won't move

- players won't move until they've felt they've had all the options they're going to get in front of them

- GJ keeps things close to his chest.

- Some players will take some persuading to come here - we're unproven at this level.

Therefore even if there is something going on, we won't know until later on and it won't happen straightaway.

GJ's not stupid - he's obviously going to get someone in - you just have to be patient.

Unless you think he's so stupid that he's not looking? You don't think that do you?

Guest ashtonyate
AY can i just ask you something?

I actually admire your boll@cks with some of the things you post on here, and without sounding OTT, do you actually sit down and think to yerself; "how the #### can i wind these wan@kers up now?

I think, in general, every City fan on here wants the same thing.

By that i mean, possible new signings, the stadium being developed, as cheap as possible season tickets, funding into the football club, and on and on and on.

But after reading some/most of your quotes on here, my judgement is you love to wind the younger fans up, who retaliate, and bite back with vengence!

I can see you have followed the club for a long time, me too, and most of the older posters don't jump down yer throat to much.

But i swear, you love the wind up and get off on it!

Now please don't take that as a rude reply, just my own personal feeling.

The thing is with the younger fans they have not seen a team at the top of its game here, the last time we when up the promotion season the team was playing good open attacking football its was a pleasure to watch.

Now going by that I thought we would have no trouble holding our own but it all went pear shape. This team I think is not a patch on that in my opinion and we need some experience quality player got in.

This season we were playing poorly until the boro game and I think that was the changing point.

We started to get it together but i felt its was not that convincing it was the away form that got us promoted they had some outstanding away win

To here some of the fans on here we are the best thing since sliced bread I have watch football for years and base my post on what I have seen over the years and we are not that good there are some very good players here but there are player that will be found wanting.

You read some of the post on here about our forward line last season its unbelievable the naivety of it, me winding them up its the other way round I think but everybody is entitled to their views

Guest ashtonyate
For what it's worth I totally agree with you. We were crying out for some effective fit strikers last year and it's only because of the quality from the rest of the pitch that we succeeded.

If we don't get some strikers in for this season then we'll be stuffed.

Now that's the obvious stuff over and done with.

Last season I don't believe that GJ was content with that - he tried to get that oaf from Notts in - and also Popsicle and that's just the ones we know about.

And in a similar vein, we've still got some way to go before the beginning of the season - although getting players in ASAP is better than leaving it til later (as you say so that the team can gel), there's a number of factors to consider:

- players on holidays won't move

- players won't move until they've felt they've had all the options they're going to get in front of them

- GJ keeps things close to his chest.

- Some players will take some persuading to come here - we're unproven at this level.

Therefore even if there is something going on, we won't know until later on and it won't happen straightaway.

GJ's not stupid - he's obviously going to get someone in - you just have to be patient.

Unless you think he's so stupid that he's not looking? You don't think that do you?

I don't think Johnson is stupid far from it but i feel he could be a bit of a chancer lets wait and see type of Guy. All i know is its taken us eight years to get here.

I know how important to hit the ground running and having a team with a bit of understanding which should be done in the preseason.

Also bring in experience player who you know can handle the league you are in is a must.

The thing is with the younger fans they have not seen a team at the top of its game here, the last time we when up the promotion season the team was playing good open attacking football its was a pleasure to watch.

Now going by that I thought we would have no trouble holding our own but it all went pear shape. This team I think is not a patch on that in my opinion and we need some experience quality player got in.

This season we were playing poorly until the boro game and I think that was the changing point.

We started to get it together but i felt its was not that convincing it was the away form that got us promoted they had some outstanding away win

Make up your mind!!!

Reading your posts on here is now getting very boring, Its obvious you don't have a clue.

My advice is stop typing for a while a read other peoples comments- you might learn something!

Experience does not make you smarter but it gives you perspective on things you can judge with more authority on a subject

that you have had a experience of, what has happened then you know the likely outcome of events now.after all you know hot water will scaled you so you don't put your hand in it if you can help it that's comes from experiences.

'perspective'? 'authority'? :rofl2br:

you might have seen a few more matches than other people and been around a bit longer, but the last thing that you can claim is that this gives your postings any 'authority' over others. just cause you've seen it doesn't mean you have a clue what you have witnessed.

quick example of your TOTAL lack of credibility is that you constantly slate the academy; yet it produces both first teamers and profit, which was it's intended aim. your arguments against it constantly come back and hit you in the arse.

i'm at work so can't be botherd to look, but i bet i can find plently of other examples of positions you hold blowing straight back up in your face. YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY. check yourself man, you live in a dream world.

You say that Johnson brought Jamie Mcombe, Jamie Mcallister, Adriano Basso or David Noble to the club he has also brought Savage Smith and jevons to the club as well and being Jevons Manager at Yeovil should have known what he was like.

um, yeah? what does any of that prove mate?

"being Jevons Manager at Yeovil should have known what he was like" is that Jevons who was our top scorer despite playing poorly,and after being topscorer for two seasons at Yeovil too? not sure if we've got two of them... are you suggesting we don't buy goal scoring players ashtonyate?

and as for savage and smith, what does that prove?! for a start Smith was actually quite a useful player when i watched him and played a role in the end of the season shake up. savage might have been a mistake, but i can't believe you think signing Bas Savage wipes out all the other good signings GJ has made SINCE then which helped build a PROMOTION WINNING SIDE!

is this useless reasoning based on your 'authority' and 'perspective', because your not actually making any real points are you now? try and back up some of the rubbish you post for once please.

I am sorry you think its immature & childish to have players in place for the start of pre season training but everybody is entitled to their views.

Just one thing what are you basing your views on??.

i've never once said your not entitled to your views, just that the views you do post don't make any sense and are just usually an excuse to try and put the knife in to the current manager. and that you hide behind the fact you've watched city for long time as an defence when questioned or debated. if you don't know what you're talking about it doesn't matter how long you've been watching city; you still don't know what you're talking about. end of.

my views on what? the fact we don't need to sign players as soon as the team has walked off the pitch on the last match day? or the fact you claim GJ isn't doing enough to bring in top targets? you're aimless ranting is so confusing i don't know where to start.

well, let's see if i can explain myself on this issue...

Jamie Mcallister and Lee Johnson; two key members of the squad signed in August 2006 who played important roles in our promotion campagin. proof the best signings are not made immediatly. and name me a rival championship team who has made a significant (ie. high profile top striker, high profile top winger) signing like you demand we make as of yet? have scunny and blackpool? waiting for your response old fruit...

Guest ashtonyate
'perspective'? 'authority'? :rofl2br:

you might have seen a few more matches than other people and been around a bit longer, but the last thing that you can claim is that this gives your postings any 'authority' over others. just cause you've seen it doesn't mean you have a clue what you have witnessed.

I never said it gives me authority over others it just mean I can make a judgment on what I see you may not agree with it that's up to you but i have played watch and refereed the game so I think I know a bit about it

quick example of your TOTAL lack of credibility is that you constantly slate the academy; yet it produces both first teamers and profit, which was it's intended aim. your arguments against it constantly come back and hit you in the arse.

i'm at work so can't be botherd to look, but i bet i can find plently of other examples of positions you hold blowing straight back up in your face. YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY. check yourself man, you live in a dream world.

I have not had a go at the academy for a good time now but I stand by what I said about it when it was costing 645K a year and producing poor players, at 200k it good value for Money

"being Jevons Manager at Yeovil should have known what he was like" is that Jevons who was our top scorer despite playing poorly,and after being topscorer for two seasons at Yeovil too? not sure if we've got two of them... are you suggesting we don't buy goal scoring players ashtonyate?

I think jevons is not up to Championship football his level is 3/4 division as for Savage/ smith just proves Johnson is not infallible and can sign crap as well as any other Manager

and as for savage and smith, what does that prove?! for a start Smith was actually quite a useful player when i watched him and played a role in the end of the season shake up. savage might have been a mistake, but i can't believe you think signing Bas Savage wipes out all the other good signings GJ has made SINCE then which helped build a PROMOTION WINNING SIDE!

is this useless reasoning based on your 'authority' and 'perspective', because your not actually making any real points are you now? try and back up some of the rubbish you post for once please.

i've never once said your not entitled to your views, just that the views you do post don't make any sense and are just usually an excuse to try and put the knife in to the current manager. and that you hide behind the fact you've watched city for long time as an defence when questioned or debated. if you don't know what you're talking about it doesn't matter how long you've been watching city; you still don't know what you're talking about. end of.

my views on what? the fact we don't need to sign players as soon as the team has walked off the pitch on the last match day? or the fact you claim GJ isn't doing enough to bring in top targets? you're aimless ranting is so confusing i don't know where to start.

Jamie Mcallister and Lee Johnson; two key members of the squad signed in August 2006 who played important roles in our promotion campagin. proof the best signings are not made immediately. and name me a rival championship team who has made a significant (ie. high profile top striker, high profile top winger) signing like you demand we make as of yet? have scunny and blackpool? waiting for your response old fruit...

Put the knife in our Manager well he could well be doing that himself if he does not start putting together a team to compete this season for some one who can't make out what I am saying you are not doing a bad job of it

As I said were does your experience come from to have a view how have you gained your vast knowledge of football Management please tell.

Guest ashtonyate
Put the knife in our Manager well he could well be doing that himself if he does not start putting together a team to compete this season for some one who can't make out what I am saying you are not doing a bad job of it

As I said were does your experience come from to have a view how have you gained your vast knowledge of football Management please tell.

QUOTE(samo @ Jun 19 2007, 3:59 PM) *

'perspective'? 'authority'? rofl2br.gif

I never said it gives me authority over others it just mean I can make a judgment on what I see you may not agree with it that's up to you but i have played watch and refereed the game so I think I know a bit about it

I have not had a go at the academy for a good time now but I stand by what I said about it when it was costing 645K a year and producing poor players, at 200k it good value for Money

I think jevons is not up to Championship football his level is 3/4 division as for Savage/ smith just proves Johnson is not infallible and can sign crap as well as any other Manager

Jamie Mcallister and Lee Johnson; two key members of the squad signed in August 2006 who played important roles in our promotion campagin. proof the best signings are not made immediately. and name me a rival championship team who has made a significant (ie. high profile top striker, high profile top winger) signing like you demand we make as of yet? have scunny and blackpool? waiting for your response old fruit...

Experience does not make you smarter but it gives you perspective on things you can judge with more authority on a subject

that you have had a experience of, what has happened then you know the likely outcome of events now.

now, YOU posted this. you also claim to have experience of watching city several times during this thread. do i even need to point out how foolish you look saying you now DON'T have authority, after previously trying to claim you did, or at least held "more authority" thn others?

i don't even need to call you a liar, the evidence does that for me.

"good time" what, like a week? "standing by" what you said? what damage did the youth program do long term? you quote figures, but can you provide evidence proving what you quote? no? well then, no sure you have a case old bean... sorry.

fine, if you don't think Jevons is good enough for the championship more power to you. we'll see, or not if he is sold. but i'll remind you that Jevons being championship quality was nothing to do with what we were debating. trying to cloud the issue to cover up the flaws in your resoning ashtonyate? for shame...

trying to say the signing of Jevons is proof of GJs bad transfer policy is stupid, plain stupid. "his level is 3/4" well unless you didn't notice we were at the 3rd level and he was a proven player there. he did a job, scored goals, and we got up. why is this a black mark on GJ pray tell? oh, wait, i forgot; YOU CAN'T BECAUSE YOU NEVER EVER BACK UP ANYTHING YOU SAY. shame that.

i've explained my position on Smith and Baz before, and on the fact GJ is failable, so you using them again just proves you don't actually have anything worth while to say and are just a bitter man with an axe to grind.

you've still not given a stone cold reason why GJ is a bad manager for not having signed players already. are you sure you actually have one..?

ANSWER THE QUESTION. why do you refuse make any REAL AND VALID points? this is the perfect example of what i'm getting at; you use my accusation that you are simply a mudslinger to... (wait for it) sling mud! You obviously have NO EVIDENCE OR IDEA about what is afoot behind the closed doors as regards transfer dealings, so apart from you're pathetic lack of patience what are you basing the garbage you write above on prey tell? telepathy? you ignored my points regarding it so i can only presume you have no real respose to them. YOU ARE CLUELESS

"or some one who can't make out what I am saying you are not doing a bad job of it"

WHAT?! this sentance MEANS NOTHING, like most of the tripe you post. if you can't even construct you arguements WITHIN THE CONFINES OF A SENTENCE what is hope for you over the context of a whole post? are you suggesting its MY FAULT that GJ hasn't signed any decent players yet and that we will fail next year? behave. the reason i don't understand your point of view is because you don't actually seem to have one. you have never made clear excatly what prompted you to have a go at our manager, so how the hell are the rest of us suppost to "make out" what you are saying? most likely you're not actually saying much at all, just going on cider-fuled rants. it's pretty obvious you don't have a clue, and the more you post the more that becomes apparent.

as regards me, I've no more real experience than any other cidered of sound mind (besides a lot of sunday league, a very keen interest in football as a fan and the like) but i've never claimed to have any special insight, i've simply exposed what utter rubbish you spout with simple factually based observations. YOU are the one claiming to be a big know-it-all, not i, and i just finally got sick of you talking crap and called you on it. the differnece between us isn't the amount of knowledge but how we use it (or don't, in your case).

well, i'm getting tired of responding to your posts. you can't even use this forum correctly most of the time so i takes ages to construct fully legible responses to your nonsense. you have failed to make any real reasoned points and proved to be nothing more than a troll with a chip on your shoulder about GJ. you know very little but try and make yourself look profound. that's about you in a nutshell really.

Guest ashtonyate
now, YOU posted this. you also claim to have experience of watching city several times during this thread. do i even need to point out how foolish you look saying you now DON'T have authority, after previously trying to claim you did, or at least held "more authority" thn others?

i don't even need to call you a liar, the evidence does that for me.

"good time" what, like a week? "standing by" what you said? what damage did the youth program do long term? you quote figures, but can you provide evidence proving what you quote? no? well then, no sure you have a case old bean... sorry.

fine, if you don't think Jevons is good enough for the championship more power to you. we'll see, or not if he is sold. but i'll remind you that Jevons being championship quality was nothing to do with what we were debating. trying to cloud the issue to cover up the flaws in your resoning ashtonyate? for shame...

trying to say the signing of Jevons is proof of GJs bad transfer policy is stupid, plain stupid. "his level is 3/4" well unless you didn't notice we were at the 3rd level and he was a proven player there. he did a job, scored goals, and we got up. why is this a black mark on GJ pray tell? oh, wait, i forgot; YOU CAN'T BECAUSE YOU NEVER EVER BACK UP ANYTHING YOU SAY. shame that.

i've explained my position on Smith and Baz before, and on the fact GJ is failable, so you using them again just proves you don't actually have anything worth while to say and are just a bitter man with an axe to grind.

you've still not given a stone cold reason why GJ is a bad manager for not having signed players already. are you sure you actually have one..?

ANSWER THE QUESTION. why do you refuse make any REAL AND VALID points? this is the perfect example of what i'm getting at; you use my accusation that you are simply a mudslinger to... (wait for it) sling mud! You obviously have NO EVIDENCE OR IDEA about what is afoot behind the closed doors as regards transfer dealings, so apart from you're pathetic lack of patience what are you basing the garbage you write above on prey tell? telepathy? you ignored my points regarding it so i can only presume you have no real respose to them. YOU ARE CLUELESS

"or some one who can't make out what I am saying you are not doing a bad job of it"

WHAT?! this sentance MEANS NOTHING, like most of the tripe you post. if you can't even construct you arguements WITHIN THE CONFINES OF A SENTENCE what is hope for you over the context of a whole post? are you suggesting its MY FAULT that GJ hasn't signed any decent players yet and that we will fail next year? behave. the reason i don't understand your point of view is because you don't actually seem to have one. you have never made clear excatly what prompted you to have a go at our manager, so how the hell are the rest of us suppost to "make out" what you are saying? most likely you're not actually saying much at all, just going on cider-fuled rants. it's pretty obvious you don't have a clue, and the more you post the more that becomes apparent.

as regards me, I've no more real experience than any other cidered of sound mind (besides a lot of sunday league, a very keen interest in football as a fan and the like) but i've never claimed to have any special insight, i've simply exposed what utter rubbish you spout with simple factually based observations. YOU are the one claiming to be a big know-it-all, not i, and i just finally got sick of you talking crap and called you on it. the differnece between us isn't the amount of knowledge but how we use it (or don't, in your case).

well, i'm getting tired of responding to your posts. you can't even use this forum correctly most of the time so i takes ages to construct fully legible responses to your nonsense. you have failed to make any real reasoned points and proved to be nothing more than a troll with a chip on your shoulder about GJ. you know very little but try and make yourself look profound. that's about you in a nutshell really.

What a load of rubbish you are posting on here I have never said that my oppenion is better than others they are my oppinions. What are you on about I don't have a point of view then say I am wrong you can't be wrong if you don,t have a point of view. I don't drink Cider I am sober not so sure about you

Guest ashtonyate
Johnson said in the EP that it he does not expect any major signings before the end of June this has me worried sounds like some one going around Christmas Eve looking for a bargain and ending with what is left.

I would have hoped that City would have identified the player they wanted and signed them up by the end of May I hope with the increase of season tickets we are going to get players and not rookies

This is what I posted in May it looks as though my words are coming true I cannot belive that Johnson thinks that we have a squad good enough for the Chapionship.

Now it looks that we have missed out on the players who could have given us a chance even the most hardy happy clapper must be wondering whats going on.

Now with the transfer window its not that easey to bring in new players as when it shuts it will be Christmas before it opens again and we could be out of it by then.

Johnson said in the EP that it he does not expect any major signings before the end of June

This is what I posted in May it looks as though my words are coming true I cannot belive that Johnson thinks that we have a squad good enough for the Chapionship.

Even you don't listen to yourself! God knows why anyones else should!

Funny that GJ saying there would be no major signings before July and there was one...so that actually makes us ahead of schedule!

Yawn trialists...yawn start of season...yawn bids going in....yawn negotiations happening...yawn Ashtonyate whining about the lack of activity when there is stuff going on.

Clearly you're supporting the WRONG club, you need a club which is the subject of transfer rumours everyday. Can I suggest Chelsea, Manchester United or Real Madrid may be more your cup of tea?

If on August 11th we're starting with Enoch and Jevo up front, then I might be a little worried, but there's almost a month to go yet and some quality players still available.

Now it looks that we have missed out on the players who could have given us a chance even the most hardy happy clapper must be wondering whats going on.

Now with the transfer window its not that easey to bring in new players as when it shuts it will be Christmas before it opens again and we could be out of it by then.

Radical idea I know, but why not wait until August 11th before passing judgment?

Guest ashtonyate
Clearly you're supporting the WRONG club, you need a club which is the subject of transfer rumours everyday. Can I suggest Chelsea, Manchester United or Real Madrid may be more your cup of tea?

If on August 11th we're starting with Enoch and Jevo up front, then I might be a little worried, but there's almost a month to go yet and some quality players still available.

Well i should start to get worried as at the moment that is going to be It Enock and 1 other Do you realy think that a player can slot in a side and start scoring goals right away its a hard ask

Reading your posts on here is now getting very boring, Its obvious you don't have a clue.

My advice is stop typing for a while a read other peoples comments- you might learn something!

Nothing changes!

FFS give it a rest , Just wait and see what happens and stop posting the same old shit.

Archived