IGNORED

The Supporters Club

BB.

As I see it, the supporters club have 4,000 or so members.

I see a dozen or so people on here carping on and on.

That aint representative of the membership.

It's a losing battle guys.

and how many get anything from it? or care? Convenient place for a (crap) pint before the game.

Oh and a question. does this 4000 include those who paid a fiver for access for the R & W last season, and going forward?

Course you can BB, what would you like to know?

Flippin' 'eck, that was a quick response. Thank you.

My question is: What does that Supporters Trust set out to achieve - what are the aims of the Trust?

Flippin' 'eck, that was a quick response. Thank you.

My question is: What does that Supporters Trust set out to achieve - what are the aims of the Trust?

Have a gander here to see some of our aims, and I would also say to have a look at Jays profile here which lists things that have happened due to the Bristol City Supporters Trust. Our AGM is tomorrow at the football club if you would like to come along.

He might be, but he's right. I am pretty sure that the Gold members bar (which used to be accesible to everyone btw) has subsidised beer, paid for by all the bronze members fivers

Why do you think Gold membership is £25 per season and Bronze a fiver?

The point is everyones fivers go into a pot and then that goes towards supplying Robbored and his chums with subsidized drinks. Any remaining monies goes back to the club.

I have been a member of the SC for 20yrs, and i can assure you that the cheaper drinks are only in the lounge, which gold members pay a higher membership fee for.In fact it is Lindley Catering that set the prices and not the SC.As it appears you are not a member of the SC(thank goodness!!!) how would you know anything about it?Also, the prices charged in the DEH compare with other sporting venues up and down the country.

:city: the supporters trust and the supporters club have got the same aim .

to see bristol city football club successfull in the championship and beyond.

:city:

I'd like to think they bloody well have. However, I know where i'd put m y money, if I wanted things to happen, and feel happier with.

And that is NOT, I repeat NOT a sly dig.

The point is everyones fivers go into a pot and then that goes towards supplying Robbored and his chums with subsidized drinks. Any remaining monies goes back to the club.

I'd give up Dan - you are really embarressing yourself. :blush:

Its become very clear that you know absolutely nothing.Everyone but you can see it, it seems.

I'd give up Dan - you are really embarressing yourself. :blush:

Its become very clear that you know absolutely nothing.Everyone but you can see it, it seems.

I wander why he doesn't know much, it seems that nobody knows much about the Supporters Club, care to explain Sir, or do you only answer trivial questions?

What does the Supporters Club set out to achieve?

Because at the moment, DanC's statement doesn't seem as far fetched as it looks...

4000 members paying at least £5 each = at least £20000

£5000 of that money goes to BCFC I hear.

What is the point in the Supporters Club?

I wander why he doesn't know much, it seems that nobody knows much about the Supporters Club, care to explain Sir, or do you only answer trivial questions?

Because at the moment, DanC's statement doesn't seem as far fetched as it looks...

BB I already asked this quesiton and it was said that the rest of the money went on doorstaff. All 15k of it so it seems :disapointed2se:

Guest DanC

That's exactly the point I was trying to get at.

So is the supporters club just a drinking club, with subsidised prices if you pay more for your yearly membership?

If I was a member and I have thought of becoming one in the past, I might want a bit more idea where my £25 was going...

This is quite a serious question, but if that and raising small/medium pots of money for BCFC is what it does, then surely a name change is in order?

The only reason I'm a member is so I'm able to get a drink and watch the prem game thats on first, Not to happy with the prices of beer though for a rubbish pint, as a member maybe i could ask somebody as to why the price of a rubbish pint is ludicrously high?

Same here. Also, you pay £2.70 for a pint when most the time about a quarter of it is head! Something has to be done about that situtaion

So that all the gold members can go and have a quiet pint while smoking their pipes before they take up their prawn sandwich seats? Why should it be segregated off so that the "upper" people can have a NICE quiet pint in a nice, probably air conditioned room etc, when everyone else has to settle for the crap beer that is served and get boiling hot around 2-2:15?

Arny - this reply might tell you that the beers in that bar are indeed subsidised, although it's also a fair point from RR that the extra payment of the Gold Members goes to the subsidising.

Daft what you miss until it's pointed out to you. Sorry about that.

Arny - this reply might tell you that the beers in that bar are indeed subsidised, although it's also a fair point from RR that the extra payment of the Gold Members goes to the subsidising.

Daft what you miss until it's pointed out to you. Sorry about that.

Good on you!

The supporters club is sort of a meeting place for me and a load mates.

Really does need a little "sparkle" added as its become a little bit drab.

I think Alan will agree with this, and perhaps members could come up with some pre match ideals.

I wanted the bar staff topless, and a strip show every 15 mins but some how don't think that would get approved........... :dancing6:

Ps when i mention topless bar staff, that doesnt include good ald "Bob"........... :noexpression:

Archived