IGNORED

Big Brother

RedRedRobin32

It wasn't in a malicious way, and the girl wasn't offended.

Racist no, not in my opinion.

I'm guessing channel 4 are not going to air it tonight anyway as of what happened the last time, i havent seen or heard about this, news to me.

I haven't watched it, but i've read the dialogue, and it certainly doesn't come across as malicious.

Either way, she's a silly girl. It's a horrible word and BB didn't have a decision to make; she had to go.

So much for our Bristol representative.

And she's now been kicked out and the eviction has been cancelled.

She was kicked out for using a racist word about Charley.

Racist b1tch called charley a n#####!

No place for that, bristolian or not!

I haven't seen it but they were discussing it on the tv a few minutes ago. Apparantly Emily was dancing with Charley, some hip hip music or something when she said n****r. The people discussing it, and one of them was black, said it's now used as a term of endearment between black people so thought Emily was just trying to be friendly. They said the term is being used more and more in this type of music and the 'lines have become blurred' to whether it was racist or not.

It wasn't in a malicious way, and the girl wasn't offended.

Racist no, not in my opinion.

No but it goes back to the Jade Goody race row last year. Charley didnt get offended but i gurantee you it wouldve/has offended alot of black people in Britain.

For those that havent heard it, i first heard it on the news on Radio 1 at 10 this morning. The news was announced to the house at around 9:30 this morning apparantly.

I think if they show the clip, they might/should bleep that word out then show the announcement.

I haven't seen it but they were discussing it on the tv a few minutes ago. Apparantly Emily was dancing with Charley, some hip hip music or something when she said n****r. The people discussing it, and one of them was black, said it's now used as a term of endearment between black people so thought Emily was just trying to be friendly. They said the term is being used more and more in this type of music and the 'lines have become blurred' to whether it was racist or not.

In that sort of music every other word is N****r, I'm not sure how id interpret that situation though.

Its all lobbocks really isnt it?

*Racist Term Removed is offensive in the wrong way, yet playful between those who find it offensive.

Personally, I thought Shilpa Poppadom was hilarious, so what if shes Indian, she associated them with the food, big woop.

Its all lobbocks really isnt it?

*Racist Term Removed is offensive in the wrong way, yet playful between those who find it offensive.

Personally, I thought Shilpa Poppadom was hilarious, so what if shes Indian, she associated them with the food, big woop.

I find the word offensive but certainly don't find it playful, and i'm certain i'm not the only one.

You strike me as a Mr. Know-it-all, and believe me, you're wrong on this one.

I find the word offensive but certainly don't find it playful, and i'm certain i'm not the only one.

You strike me as a Mr. Know-it-all, and believe me, you're wrong on this one.

Sorry I didnt really put that across well.

I mean those who DO use it as a playful term, are hipocrites if they place the race card if its aimed at them in an offensive way.

Sorry I didnt really put that across well.

I mean those who DO use it as a playful term, are hipocrites if they place the race card if its aimed at them in an offensive way.

It's cool, I understand now.

If people stopped using the word then we wouldn't have this grey area. It pisses me off.

It's usually obvious whether people are intend to be offensive or not with the word, but some people just feel uncomfortable hearing it either way.

Have you ever thought about applying?!!!

Daft apeth that I am, I got as far as filming my application video before getting cold feet.

This was for BB3 and, even though I'm not at all arrogant, the thought of spending maybe nine weeks away from my kids was the main reason I didn't go through with it.

I think they had no choice but to boot her off because all the housemates had signed a contract agreeing not to use a list of words the Big Brother makers gave them, and as she broke that contract they had no choice but to kick her off, and the shows producers had to make an example of her due to all the kerfuffle before.

Still not a nice word and not one I would use.

I think they had no choice but to boot her off because all the housemates had signed a contract agreeing not to use a list of words the Big Brother makers gave them, and as she broke that contract they had no choice but to kick her off, and the shows producers had to make an example of her due to all the kerfuffle before.

Agree with you totally Dolly. Its a horrible one and one she shouldn't have used

Silly little tart has to drag our name through the mud..

''Where are you from?''

''Bristol''

''Where I live, we all use that word''

:disapointed2se:

Yes mate, it's not good publicity. She has been a terrible representative for our city.

I just hope people don't give her a hard time when she gets back to Bristol.

I don't like her but she seemed genuinally apologetic upon leaving. I think she thought she was being cool using the word and it back-fired big time. She's been shown up on t.v, and much more importantly got people talking about the issue. People still find the word very offensive and are uncomfortable upon hearing it.

Daft apeth that I am, I got as far as filming my application video before getting cold feet.

This was for BB3 and, even though I'm not at all arrogant, the thought of spending maybe nine weeks away from my kids was the main reason I didn't go through with it.

that's not arrogant, that's caring for and thinking about your family.

Yes mate, it's not good publicity. She has been a terrible representative for our city.

I don't like her but she seemed genuinally apologetic upon leaving. I think she thought she was being cool using the word and it back-fired big time. She's been shown up on t.v, and much more importantly got people talking about the issue. People still find the word very offensive and are uncomfortable upon hearing it.

Of course people are going to give her a hard time about it. Not only in Bristol but nationally.

She did seem genuinly apologetic, i just hope it wasnt partly/mainly her thinking that if she did that then they would reconsider and keep her in on her final chance.

I don't mind if she gets a hard time over it.

Shes a snotty little brat to be honest, from what i've seen.

Shes also a shite stirring little liar.

Plus anyone who uses such a word like that, likely uses it reguarly or it wouldnt have slipped out.

Transcript as follows -

Charley: No way. (Pause) Yeah, me. I'm a n*****.

Maybe not all the housemates signed the contract :dunno: Maybe it's not the word said but the colour of skin of the person saying it :dunno:

Archived