IGNORED

Bloody Hell

mossey

although his comments are mostly small and brief, 'court-bcfc' is one of the better positive thinking posters on the forum. You think he is more pointless than lets say Eamer and probs 3 or 4 other members (obviously won't say the others). I mostly hate people who are negative all the time on this forum.

so, would you care to explain more to why you think he is the most pointless on the forum.

Are you his mum?

It ridiculous to suggest signing someone simply for the sake of it but I must say I'm getting concerned with the lack of activity so far. This time last year, we had McCombe, Enoch, Weale and Jevo signed, sealed and delivered yet seeing yet another potential target in Matty Jarvis drift away today really frustrates me.

It says to me that we're either going for cheap foreigners or carthorses and unfortunately I doubt similar carthorses that 'did a job' in League One will get us to survival in the Championship.

some people on here don't have a clue, if you want to get a good player it takes time to do a deal but if you go for crap players yea it will come through quicker because the clubs are willing to let them go but now we are a championship club we are looking to get top quality players such as naismith were kilmarnock are holding out for a big fee and we are also in a bidding war with the likes of rangers and villa

so for christ sake be patient, i know how your feeling because i look on the site everyday willing to see a big name at the club but a fue weeks back there was a message on there from gary johnson saying "be patient over signings" and that is what we have to do !

just started off as a light hearted post, to see how many people were doing the same, but some people(mention no names) seem to have taken and got a bit serious about the whole thing, and as for having Bas back, no way, he couldn't hack it in the first div, let alone the championship, think i would rather keep jevons!

Bloody hell folks, this lack of transfer activity is driving us all insane, since when did football pre-season become such a game of poker, and a case of keeping all of our cards close to the chest anyway?

Damn those filthy rich football vultures, circling high above ashton gate, just waiting to pounce as soon as a name of a player drops from GJ's lips..... wheres my shotgun?

On another note, the BBC website and teletext do both state that the Sproule transfer is closed to being sealed...

Guest ashtonyate

When does all this wait and see lark ends and blind panic take over, because the season is a couple of week away and we have not signed anyone. Then you might get cheap players because no one else wants them

When does all this wait and see lark ends and blind panic take over, because the season is a couple of week away and we have not signed anyone. Then you might get cheap players because no one else wants them

Honestly, if we're near bottom by the end of the Transfer window and no new faces have come in I'll be panicky.

You can get class players right up until the end as we did last year, and we really don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

And besides, we don't actually need that many players! 4/5 tops.

Honestly, if we're near bottom by the end of the Transfer window and no new faces have come in I'll be panicky.

You can get class players right up until the end as we did last year, and we really don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Very true but what would you rather... having the players in place by the time QPR comes round, arguably representing our easiest run of fixtures ALL season? Or, dropping stupid points in August and maybe not having anyone in place at all or bedding what new signings we have when we're playing the tougher fixtures from September onwards with the likes of Sheff Wed, WBA, Saints etc?

Very true but what would you rather... having the players in place by the time QPR comes round, arguably representing our easiest run of fixtures ALL season? Or, dropping stupid points in August and maybe not having anyone in place at all or bedding what new signings we have when we're playing the tougher fixtures from September onwards with the likes of Sheff Wed, WBA, Saints etc?

I'm going to do a GJ and non commit. I'd rather have the "right" players in.

If that means waiting 6/7 games then so be it. Of course I'd prefer to have the players in now but if the current lot can't get points out of as you say perhaps the easiest set of games we have, that would show we needed an entire squad overhaul. Which would be better to know now rather than in October when you can't sort it out.

Positive spin on things. :fingerscrossed:

Guest ashtonyate

I agree we need 4/5 players and you can get good players if you pay the price, but I would think most good players who can come on a bosman would be fixed up by now if they are any good.

So now the players we are likely to get will be from a background of not playing in the English game or bought from a lower division which is great if it works out but a big gamble for the Club.

we should start sign people now cause other teams we come in for them and they usually say know to us if a other team comes in

You mean like Fontaine & McCombe?

So now the players we are likely to get will be from a background of not playing in the English game or bought from a lower division which is great if it works out but a big gamble for the Club.

As opposed to...? Andy Cole? Robbie Fowler? Who are we going to buy from the teams bigger than us in this league that aren't either past it or useless? Who o would want to join us from a Championship/Premiership side who "knows the English game" well enough to have played in a decent string of professional matches at that level?

Guest Eamer
although his comments are mostly small and brief, 'court-bcfc' is one of the better positive thinking posters on the forum. You think he is more pointless than lets say Eamer and probs 3 or 4 other members (obviously won't say the others). I mostly hate people who are negative all the time on this forum.

so, would you care to explain more to why you think he is the most pointless on the forum.

My post wasn't pointless. I get annoyed that people can't read and can't seem to put things in the right place and others who repeat what others have said but apart from that my posts aren't all that bad.

Having let time go by,watched the STs grow to nearly 10000,it is about time the club showed some ambition and starts bringing the quality in that is needed to keep us up.

The fans have backed the club with increased ST Sales,even with increases in STs prices.

Surly we are being left behind,the majority of clubs are doing business but not city.

Lets hope and prey we are not a one season wonder as was the case eight years ago.

There is two way at looking at the current situation,either the club is struggleing to bring/find the quality in,or we are are being rejected by many a footballer.

How ever the bottom line is we are just over 6 weeks to the seasons start,and nothing of any quality has arrived.

over to you dear city fans.

Having let time go by,watched the STs grow to nearly 10000,it is about time the club showed some ambition and starts bringing the quality in that is needed to keep us up.

The fans have backed the club with increased ST Sales,even with increases in STs prices.

Surly we are being left behind,the majority of clubs are doing business but not city.

Lets hope and prey we are not a one season wonder as was the case eight years ago.

There is two way at looking at the current situation,either the club is struggleing to bring/find the quality in,or we are are being rejected by many a footballer.

How ever the bottom line is we are just over 6 weeks to the seasons start,and nothing of any quality has arrived.

Have you donned your Kevlar vest and tin hat?

yeah, the bastards.

i hear the chairman and managers of every other club out there are constantly ringing round anyone who is interested and telling them about the inner workings of their complex transfer dealing. GJ and our board are rubbish, because they obviously aren't even trying to sign players at all. we would know all about it otherwise.

sack the board and let them take their lazy non-player signing manager with them w@nkers.

Having seen STs reach the 10000 barrier,fantastic responce from the fans,even with price increases.

The worrying thing is we have not signed any noticable quality to enhance our stay in the championship.We as fans don't want a immediate return to the lower eaches of football as eight years ago.

Other clubs around us are doing some healthy business,we have done nowt.

We here names mentioned,how ever nothing has materialised with signing.

Surley the board must show some ambition,we the fans have backed the crusade as aked,we would like to see some action in the transfer market,christ it is only six weeks to the seasons start.

We appriciate it takes time in putting deals to players etc,however unless some quality arrives in the strikeing positions I believe we are in for a long long and very hard season.

There is two ways at looking at the non signings either players are wrapped up and city are waiting to unveil them,or we are not willing or prepaired to pay for quality championship players.

Hence a total lack of ambition from the club.

We wait and hope that something special is going to happen,how ever you have a gut feeling that things are not quite happening behind the scenes as hoped for.

6 weeks+, till the start of the season, don't see the point in rushing to get players, we have been linked and been in talks with various of players, plenty of time to sign those players up that we actually want, alot of quality players hold on for the best offer and don't just sign up right away.

although it's great to get players in, it doesn't make a scrap of difference that they aren't offically announced until the start of pre-season,

personally I'm not in the slightest bit bothered by the lack of any further signings as of yet, they have worried about getting players contracts renewed all of which they wanted to keep have stayed.

personally I'm happy to sit back and enjoy the close season, stop attention seeking with your constantly repetitve postings

I see on the BBC that Richard Garcia (out of contract at Colchester) is looking at going to Hull, because they have ambition.

I'm sure we'd pinch a player from Hull 9 times out of 10.

As a winger/attacking midfielder/makeshift striker he would do a job for us.

I see on the BBC that Richard Garcia (out of contract at Colchester) is looking at going to Hull, because they have ambition.

I'm sure we'd pinch a player from Hull 9 times out of 10.

As a winger/attacking midfielder/makeshift striker he would do a job for us.

just the kinda signing we don't want to be making, not good enough

just the kinda signing we don't want to be making, not good enough

Based on what, the fact I wrote it?

4 in 20 starts 04/05 League 1

6 in 12 starts 06/07 Championship

Thats from the wing or middle of the park.

Whats wrong with that exactly?

Archived