IGNORED

Bloody Hell

mossey

6 weeks+, till the start of the season, don't see the point in rushing to get players, we have been linked and been in talks with various of players, plenty of time to sign those players up that we actually want, alot of quality players hold on for the best offer and don't just sign up right away.

although it's great to get players in, it doesn't make a scrap of difference that they aren't offically announced until the start of pre-season,

personally I'm not in the slightest bit bothered by the lack of any further signings as of yet, they have worried about getting players contracts renewed all of which they wanted to keep have stayed.

personally I'm happy to sit back and enjoy the close season, stop attention seeking with your constantly repetitve postings

Agree.

Much as I still love Tinion look what happened to him when he panicked and signed people who were not suitable, for what ever reason.

eg. Coughlan, was supposed to be coming to us from Plymouth, let us down by going to Sheffield Wednesday instead. Brian panicked and signed Partridge. We wasted £150,000 and what looks like his poor influence led to the Romeo Brown catastrophy.

What is so impressive about GJ is that he does what says he is going to do.

12 starts in the championship - couldn't get into Colchesters team ?

I know nowt about him, but it sounds like "he's free, get him".

I'm sure that we are after players and that some will come here - but it'll take another couple of weeks due to contracts running out, holidays etc etc.

Plenty of time - and I haven't seen one player move who we could or should have signed.

It is a case of he's free, get him, because as a bench/impact player, it would be useful no?

To be fair Colchester were impressive in the CCC last season, if Garcia wasnt a starter, doubt he would have been able to force himself into a winning team.

Thought it would be useful as Betsy/Murray might struggle IMO.

It is a case of he's free, get him, because as a bench/impact player, it would be useful no?

To be fair Colchester were impressive in the CCC last season, if Garcia wasnt a starter, doubt he would have been able to force himself into a winning team.

Thought it would be useful as Betsy/Murray might struggle IMO.

i actually agree that Garcia might not be too bad a signing, but in the present situation i'd prefer Sproule. similar situation with the two (bench players at their clubs, striker/wingers, experience at higher level) although Garcia would be free. Garcia has also mentioned he is looking to get into the aussie squad as well, which might not be a good thing from our point of view.

6 weeks+, till the start of the season, don't see the point in rushing to get players, we have been linked and been in talks with various of players, plenty of time to sign those players up that we actually want, alot of quality players hold on for the best offer and don't just sign up right away.

although it's great to get players in, it doesn't make a scrap of difference that they aren't offically announced until the start of pre-season,

personally I'm not in the slightest bit bothered by the lack of any further signings as of yet, they have worried about getting players contracts renewed all of which they wanted to keep have stayed.

personally I'm happy to sit back and enjoy the close season, stop attention seeking with your constantly repetitve postings

hi, me again, but surely, new players in ( the right ones) ASAP = increased interest from supporters which will result in more season tickets being sold= more money in the bank.

hi, me again, but surely, new players in ( the right ones) ASAP = increased interest from supporters which will result in more season tickets being sold= more money in the bank.

But we want more POD and we want to charge season tickets at a higher price later. If we sign people later, we get more money!

do you not remember the last promotion? we signed players like they were going out of fashion, messed up and went straight back down.

we should all be excited at the fact we have FINALLY returned to the 2nd tier, not just cause we've signed a player.

anyway, people can buy season ticket whenever, and if your cynical about it, we actually make more from PotD and the season tickets are more pricey after the first 10k, so the club gets more moolah if we sign players later.

But we want more POD and we want to charge season tickets at a higher price later. If we sign people later, we get more money!

and if, heaven forbid, we are struggling, and in the bootom 3, how many POD,will we get then, surely it's better to get as much money as you can , up front and in the bank.

and if, heaven forbid, we are struggling, and in the bootom 3, how many POD,will we get then, surely it's better to get as much money as you can , up front and in the bank.

so, let's get this straight; you are effectivly saying we should sign big players quickly so to get more people tied to season tickets, so when we've playing rubbish the club is still in the money? why not just be patient, let GJ sign the right players for and on the right money who'll make us competative, thus ensuring we DON'T stare relegation in the fact all year?

That's the risk we're taking yes. As our finances aren't shocking though, and we're fairly confident of doing ok next year I think it's a risk worth taking.

Signing a player now or in three weeks time won't affect our teams performance, but it will increase the revenue!

Having let time go by,watched the STs grow to nearly 10000,it is about time the club showed some ambition and starts bringing the quality in that is needed to keep us up.

The fans have backed the club with increased ST Sales,even with increases in STs prices.

Surly we are being left behind,the majority of clubs are doing business but not city.

Lets hope and prey we are not a one season wonder as was the case eight years ago.

There is two way at looking at the current situation,either the club is struggleing to bring/find the quality in,or we are are being rejected by many a footballer.

How ever the bottom line is we are just over 6 weeks to the seasons start,and nothing of any quality has arrived.

over to you dear city fans.

Ambition?? sign who Marcus Stewart???

The AMBITION i'd like to be shown is a desire to keep us in the Championship. Don't care who we do or don't sign. I'll be quite happy with 4th from bottom.

Based on what, the fact I wrote it?

4 in 20 starts 04/05 League 1

6 in 12 starts 06/07 Championship

Thats from the wing or middle of the park.

Whats wrong with that exactly?

not sure where the 6 in 12 came from, looking at last season in total he started 33 games and scored 7 goals, for me, for someone that is supposed to be a forward.........not good enough

so, let's get this straight; you are effectivly saying we should sign big players quickly so to get more people tied to season tickets, so when we've playing rubbish the club is still in the money? why not just be patient, let GJ sign the right players for and on the right money who'll make us competative, thus ensuring we DON'T stare relegation in the fact all year?

just looking at it from the clubs point of view, sure CS (£££!) would be looking at it this way, me, can wait, as long as we get the right player (or 3) who are going to improve on what we got, and help us stay up, think we got to expected some very tough game at the gate, and some games when we are going to be outclassed, but we must stick with it,and be patient, hope we stay up, even if it's by the odd point, but you know what a lot of city supporters are like, at the first sign of trouble, they will be moaning and jumping ship!

just looking at it from the clubs point of view, sure CS (£££!) would be looking at it this way, me, can wait, as long as we get the right player (or 3) who are going to improve on what we got, and help us stay up, think we got to expected some very tough game at the gate, and some games when we are going to be outclassed, but we must stick with it,and be patient, hope we stay up, even if it's by the odd point, but you know what a lot of city supporters are like, at the first sign of trouble, they will be moaning and jumping ship!

i think we'll be alright with GJ. he'll know what his squad needs and hethe kind of gaffer who tend to get the key signings right (though he is, of course, prone to the odd mistake like any other). we might not see them till later on this summer, but then LJ and McAllister didn't arrive till late last summer.

not sure where the 6 in 12 came from, looking at last season in total he started 33 games and scored 7 goals, for me, for someone that is supposed to be a forward.........not good enough

Colchester official site.

don't confuse starts with appearances as a sub.

5 goals in the League, 1 in the FA cup.

Perhaps a 7th in League cup.

Guest ashtonyate
Agree.

Much as I still love Tinion look what happened to him when he panicked and signed people who were not suitable, for what ever reason.

eg. Coughlan, was supposed to be coming to us from Plymouth, let us down by going to Sheffield Wednesday instead. Brian panicked and signed Partridge. We wasted £150,000 and what looks like his poor influence led to the Romeo Brown catastrophy.

What is so impressive about GJ is that he does what says he is going to do.

Thats unfair on Tinnion told him there was no money for signings and to get freebees in which he done he was given very little money to build a squad of players.

Guest ashtonyate
do you not remember the last promotion? we signed players like they were going out of fashion, messed up and went straight back down.

we should all be excited at the fact we have FINALLY returned to the 2nd tier, not just cause we've signed a player.

anyway, people can buy season ticket whenever, and if your cynical about it, we actually make more from PotD and the season tickets are more pricey after the first 10k, so the club gets more moolah if we sign players later.

It was not signing players that was the reason we when down last time it was not signing a player that put us down namely a centre half

Colchester official site.

don't confuse starts with appearances as a sub.

5 goals in the League, 1 in the FA cup.

Perhaps a 7th in League cup.

got my figures from Soccerbase - 33 starts, 3 sub, 7 goals,

checked on Colchester website with the same result - 33 starts, 7 goals?

not good enough personally

I fully agree for a striker, he makes Jevo look prolific, but he plays out wide.

Are you his mum?

God. Grow up. Yet another snappy, inappropriate retort to a well put post defending more of your bashing.

Nice one.

just the kinda signing we don't want to be making, not good enough

He's good enough to be chased by both Colchester & Hull, maybe more to this than stats?

But if Cureton and Iwelumo played up front all season...

He's a midfielder. 1 in 4ish is great for a midfielder!

Ambition?? sign who Marcus Stewart???

The AMBITION i'd like to be shown is a desire to keep us in the Championship. Don't care who we do or don't sign. I'll be quite happy with 4th from bottom.

I think every fan and his dog wants that,who is going to score the goals to keep us there,and more importantly keep us there.

Quite clearly the frontline struggled last year,and it certainly is going to be a lot harder in the champonship what we have is not good enough.

Simple

p.s fourth from bottom certainly is not ambitious,and according to our chairmain,ST prices were increased to put us on a level playing field with the rest not to struggle and make the numbers up in the championship.

just please hurry up and sign someone ! anyone , now just don't care who it is, getting very fed up off every day looking at the web sites to see if we have signed anyone, only to be dissappionted!

Wheres the fire??

When does all this wait and see lark ends and blind panic take over, because the season is a couple of week away and we have not signed anyone. Then you might get cheap players because no one else wants them

If Johnson reads this dribble he must banging his head against a brick wall.

He said that there were unlikely to be any signings untill the team returned for pre-season training , which is JULY NOT JUNE

Have a little patience :innocent06:

It was not signing players that was the reason we when down last time it was not signing a player that put us down namely a centre half

actually, that is quite true, but i'd say that the ramifications of spending like we did (which is what some are alluding us doing again) damaged the club short and long term. we bought in an attempt to try and totally transform a soild divison two (old money) team into a divison one team over night. we lost the core of what made us sucessful in doing that, john ward's biggest mistake.

this time i hope we have a bit more faith in those who won us promotion before throwing cash about. augment not replace. plus we did sign Julian Watts and carl hutchings (who ended up at right back later on), but the less said about them the better...

If Johnson reads this dribble he must banging his head against a brick wall.

He said that there were unlikely to be any signings untill the team returned for pre-season training , which is JULY NOT JUNE

Have a little patience :innocent06:

Couldn't agree more. It's simple. We will sign players. Johnson has no doubt got targets lined up already - it is not always as simple as announcing new signings immediately as many targets will still be under contract. We had exactly the same discussions last year. Personally, I will just sit back and wait for the players to arrive - particularly as I have no influence or say on proceedings anyway!!

I get the impression that one or two who were overly critical of Johnson last year and had to shut up and eat humble pie for the last three months of the season are almost preparing the ground and waiting for him to come a cropper this season.

I get the impression that one or two who were overly critical of Johnson last year and had to shut up and eat humble pie for the last three months of the season are almost preparing the ground and waiting for him to come a cropper this season.

BINGO!

clutching at straws for the haters me thinks. all those who still hold grudges over the Stewart/Bridges fiasco, the losing streak two years ago, the sir basir savage issue and the fact he insisted on playing LJ whilst he was slightly off the boilare now looking for any percived flaw in him to have a shot after promotion proved them all wrong.

Archived