IGNORED

######in Meatloaf!

Sticks

Just seen the official site 14000 rocked to meat loaf !!! :grr: Like it was a big coup for sextone. For months it's been a desperate struggle to get people to buy tickets, Does he personally choose the music? Ronan Keeting :grr: Just wondered who gets the casting vote? Who would you liek to see rock the gate? :banana: A decent band/artist would sell out in days always seems to be a safe option for the geriatric generation, The Who, Bryan Adams.

Come on get Kasabian, Arctic's, The Killers anything upto date, Ivan Sproule...

One mans water is another mans wine.

Thought the performance was ok, not great, and the encore confused me a bit - I was expecting him to save one of his big hits for that.

Not worth 45 quid mind you...

Sorry but it was the worse performance at AG since Baz Savage played against Yeovil!

although i'm sure city made a killing at £45 per ticket

No they didn't. The club will be lucky to break even and before anyone asks 'why bother' if the club don't make a profit its because of the PR benefits.Raising the profile of AG as a venue so that companies would be more aware of its potential.

No they didn't. The club will be lucky to break even and before anyone asks 'why bother' if the club don't make a profit its because of the PR benefits.Raising the profile of AG as a venue so that companies would be more aware of its potential.

But surely they've raised the profile by having Elton John etc, can't see any point in not making a profit. Meat Loaf!

i have seen meatloaf live on tv before and i knew what to espect, i wan happy with the songs he did but the problem was:

Supporting Act: half an hour late starting, felt like i wanted to kill my self when she finished her gig

The man himself:45 min late Funny and entertaining first but he did try his best paradise went on for 20 min (booring).and finished early.

stage.lights etc: Stage was a bit small. lights were good and the exsplosives etc etc the sound room was too close to the stage. no big screens etc

My mate went and got put at the bottom end of the williams stand and could not see a thing and because the seats are so cramped up you cant move.

Overall i would agree with the Evening post (first time for anything) i rate it *** 3 stars

Bands we should have: Status Quo, Kiser Chiefes, elton john (again), cliff richard

i have seen meatloaf live on tv before and i knew what to espect, i wan happy with the songs he did but the problem was:

Supporting Act: half an hour late starting, felt like i wanted to kill my self when she finished her gig

The man himself:45 min late Funny and entertaining first but he did try his best paradise went on for 20 min (booring).and finished early.

stage.lights etc: Stage was a bit small. lights were good and the exsplosives etc etc the sound room was too close to the stage. no big screens etc

My mate went and got put at the bottom end of the williams stand and could not see a thing and because the seats are so cramped up you cant move.

Overall i would agree with the Evening post (first time for anything) i rate it *** 3 stars

Bands we should have: Status Quo, Kiser Chiefes, elton john (again), cliff richard

I couldn't see much from the pitch so I dread to think what the people felt like in the Dolman and Williams stand at the Wedlocks end. At least down at pitch level you could force your way nearer to the stage.

£20 for a programme,£25 for a T-shirt,£45 for a sweatshirt and £3.50 for a plastic bottle of cider or lager.Concerts are always complete rip-off.It was the same at the Who last year.

I've been to enough concerts over the years to know what to expect and I never buy anything at all.Eat before I go out and take a drink with me.

Other than London Gigs, and where-ever the venue is a Carling one (IE Carling Apollo, Brixton Academy, Astoria etc. T shirts cost £20.00 or less. so I would say no, City, took their cut. I may be wrong about this specific gig at the Gate, but it is the case that venues take their cut. The sweat shirt prices are similar to what I've seen elsewhere.

I've been going to gigs for 31 years now, including Meatloaf (Not at the Gate, either) in five countries, and virtually every top name band in that time.

Continental gigs and prices are always cheaper than the UK- let alone booze prices. They think our VENUES take a cut here, and I wouldnt disagree, from the experiences I have had, not least with the Stones, who despite including a couple of days in a hotel, and seeing them right at the front of Stad De France, Paris worked out only a wee bit more expensive than seeing them at Twickenham, only, and merchandise, though expensive by French standards was STILL cheaper than what we pay.

Other than London Gigs, and where-ever the venue is a Carling one (IE Carling Apollo, Brixton Academy, Astoria etc. T shirts cost £20.00 or less. so I would say no, City, took their cut. I may be wrong about this specific gig at the Gate, but it is the case that venues take their cut. The sweat shirt prices are similar to what I've seen elsewhere.

I've been going to gigs for 31 years now, including Meatloaf (Not at the Gate, either) in five countries, and virtually every top name band in that time.

Continental gigs and prices are always cheaper than the UK- let alone booze prices. They think our VENUES take a cut here, and I wouldnt disagree, from the experiences I have had, not least with the Stones, who despite including a couple of days in a hotel, and seeing them right at the front of Stad De France, Paris worked out only a wee bit more expensive than seeing them at Twickenham, only, and merchandise, though expensive by French standards was STILL cheaper than what we pay.

I've never see a major band or 'star' perform outside the UK but like you I've been going to concerts for over 30 years.My first was Desmond Dekker and the Aces at the Corn Exchange in Devizes about 1969.Back in those days there was no such thing as 'merchandise' nor a bar if I remember correctly.

All bands from about 1975 onwards that I saw in the UK started to rip off thier fans with extortionate prices for merchandise.I once paid £7 for a Bad Company T shirt and that was approx 1978! (a pint was about 55p) Its nothing new and setting the merchadise prices is nothing to do with the venue.City won't have made a penny from the sales.

Archived