IGNORED

Might Be Rubbish...possible Takeover

ciderup

Guest mesa boogie

Afternoon Sh'eads,

Call me a Macabre Sag Bastard but I personally wouldn't like to see an 'oil magnate' pump money into Rovers. I enjoy the lower leagues, it's real football. There's nothing better than seeing one of your heroes pushing a trolley round a supermarket. The Premiership is over rated, ask Wigan supporters and when I say Wigan supporters I mean the 3,000 that would turn up every week at Springfield Park.

Keep Football Real.

Guest mesa boogie
who would you prefer to have in charge of the club? A foreign businessman or a life long fan?

Which one's Steve Lansdown?

Are you honestly challenging a man who has put in amounts of his own money that i will probably never see in my life, in this club to put money that he has as a resut of floating his company into the club?

You are a tad unrealistic, lansdown has worked for years for that money, to give himself definite financial security etc. and you demand that he put this money into the club. I will have no qualms if we do not see a penny of mr lansdowns personal fortune, because without doubt we are in a better position financially than when he took over.

i was talkin about this kinda thing friday night, Not City being taken over but foreign investment, control etc.

Is it just me or is the business world treating football like a fad, my teams better than your team attitude.

My concern is when this "Fad" gets boring what happens to the club, the foreign investors or even

english investors wont care, they'll just get out and move on .

I see an awful lot of clubs having big problems when the next in Thing comes along.

I for one want to see city play in the prem but not at any cost, i love my club will they ?

Afternoon Sh'eads,

Call me a Macabre Sag Bastard but I personally wouldn't like to see an 'oil magnate' pump money into Rovers. I enjoy the lower leagues, it's real football. There's nothing better than seeing one of your heroes pushing a trolley round a supermarket. The Premiership is over rated, ask Wigan supporters and when I say Wigan supporters I mean the 3,000 that would turn up every week at Springfield Park.

Keep Football Real.

course you would'nt, settle for second best? least you know your place,or is it just lack of ambition?

Could'nt care less where players do their shopping ,its what they do on the pitch that matters

So that was'nt you in lidl rumaging for change in you pocket, whilst stood in the queue behind d### walker the other day? :laugh:

Guest mesa boogie
course you would'nt, settle for second best? least you know your place,or is it just lack of ambition?

Could'nt care less where players do their shopping ,its what they do on the pitch that matters

So that was'nt you in lidl rumaging for change in you pocket, whilst stood in the queue behind d### walker the other day? :laugh:

Cheers Honey,

I just prefer reality than the joke that is the top flight at the moment.

Guest mesa boogie
Yeah good point, who needs Champions League when you've got LDV.....

Indeed. The best thing about supporting a shit team is when something actually goes right we don't expect it. It's better then, it's worth the wait. Who wants to win a cup every year when you can wait 17 years for one promotion and it means everything.

if a tycoon wants to invest 30mill into bristol city then fairplay, (i have done in the past not as much as 30 mill) but if you think all they will do is like chelski buying the best players in the world and garanteed to win the prem every year football is not enjoyable this way.

if we have an investment it will give us a choice to build a new stadium and have a better wage structor, i want to support a team that plays propper football, have a decent stint in the championship and maybe prem in about 5 yrs. i know there are some S*it heads out there who wants to reach the top asap but i don't think its wise.

as i have been a city fan for 10yrs now I'm used to see city go through tick and thin and i would like it to stay that way, you never know we might get promoted to the prem next season 40 million or not.

I don't want anyone who thinks it's acceptable to conduct their business through the Sunday Mirror anywhere near running our club.

I don't want owners throwing money at the club such that it cannot cover it's own bills. Has noone paid attention to the shit that Leeds and Cardiff are in after doing that?

I suspect nothing will come of this anyway because I think SL will be of the same mind and if this joker was serious he wouldn't be going about business the same way as that lackwit Jon Maguire did.

Guest Eamer

There are far too many words that decribe what I'm feeling after hearing this. Cautious? Excited? Worried? Hopefull?

I'd love to see us up in the top 20 of the English Leagues and usually it comes with a big investment. If not then clubs don't usually survive up there and are only there for a season. I'd want us to keep ourselves up there. Even the likes of Fulham and Portsmouth had foreign investment and I doubt anybody would object to being in Portsmouth's position right now.

As long as everything was sorted out correctly and the chairmen give up their season tickets and chelsea and whoever for City instead and show us they really care about the club and such then I'd be ok with it and more than happy for the takeover. I know if I owned a club that wasn't City I would want to see everything that was happening with the team and do everything possible to make the club a success.

Why so quick to dimiss this? Ok, so it might well be a load of guff. If people are dismissing this for that reason then fair enough, but what if it isn't? I personally think this has to be discussed. In fact it would be scandalous if it wasn't

No thanks.

I am currently happy enough with the progression of this club, and do not see the need for a takeover.

I would rather stay in the Championship for years and get to the Prem with our own merit, rather then being the latest club to buy their way into the Premiership.

SL has always said he will consider takeover plans if the time and money is right, but theres no way I can see him even considering an offer at this stage.

Proud to be an English club with a Bristolian chairman. :englandflag:

Tell them where to go Steve. :bruce_h4h:

You are a tad unrealistic, lansdown has worked for years for that money, to give himself definite financial security etc. and you demand that he put this money into the club. I will have no qualms if we do not see a penny of mr lansdowns personal fortune, because without doubt we are in a better position financially than when he took over.

I did not DEMAND Lansdown put his money in. Agree we are in a better position than when he took over but I ask you to consider this.

Lansdown's wealth is phenomenal [not a £4-£5M lottery sum]. If you had his money and you were a "lifelong fan" wouldn't you gamble what is [to him] a petty cash sum to give your club a chance of competing not just surviving in the Championship.

Investing in a football club is money down the drain outside the Premiership but look at it this way if you are the Czech - Serb investors and you pay £15m for the club and invest £10m [more than Reading did] to get to the Prem you immediately get a profit : COST £25M > TV MONEY 45M = PROFIT £20 ; GET RELEGATED FIRST SEASON = PARACHUTE PAYMENT £13M > USE £10M to get up at first attempt = £45M TV MONEY.

In summary 2 seasons in prem with one in C'ship between = £103m INCOME less cost of club £15m, transfers £20M, extra wages £25m = PROFIT £43M !!!!

Quite scary isn't it. Only problem is 23 other clubs chasing 3 places to the promised land

Are you honestly challenging a man who has put in amounts of his own money that i will probably never see in my life, in this club to put money that he has as a resut of floating his company into the club?

A slightly different view would be - with the potential we have, not as great as some would make out but definate potential to be bigger, where has Lansdown taken us.Year after year he never goes the extra mile to get players in and same again this year.After 8 years we get out of this division , which itself was a fantastic performance from GJ and the team as we had one of the poorest strike forces in the divivsion and with July now arrived we have signed one player.What sort of committment does that show.Just where does he want to take us on past perfromance noy very far.If there is somebody out there who has some real ambition then let's bring them on.

if lansdown rejects the bid then he must stump up the funds and put the same sort of money in as the investors would of... obviously we want a city fan in charge but if hes unwilling to push us into the prem then we've got to ask ourselves whats better for the club?

A slightly different view would be - with the potential we have, not as great as some would make out but definate potential to be bigger, where has Lansdown taken us.Year after year he never goes the extra mile to get players in and same again this year.After 8 years we get out of this division , which itself was a fantastic performance from GJ and the team as we had one of the poorest strike forces in the divivsion and with July now arrived we have signed one player.What sort of committment does that show.Just where does he want to take us on past perfromance noy very far.If there is somebody out there who has some real ambition then let's bring them on.

Totally agree with your viewpoint. We are no worse off than when he took over but the ambition is muted I have to say.

In Lansdown we have a Gordon Brown type character - steady as she goes. I suppose that is better than the spin of Blair [although CS is pretty good in that respect !!!]

No thanks.

I am currently happy enough with the progression of this club, and do not see the need for a takeover.

I would rather stay in the Championship for years and get to the Prem with our own merit, rather then being the latest club to buy their way into the Premiership.

SL has always said he will consider takeover plans if the time and money is right, but theres no way I can see him even considering an offer at this stage.

With the level of investment in the team that Lansdown provides I think you are in dream land if you think we will be capable of staying in Championship for years.So to dismiss potential investors oput of hand I think is totally wrong.Without ambition we will go backwards not even stand still.

No thanks.

Disagree. City need big money to succeed IMO. People would be blind to see that money (especially in this division) will give you a great deal of a chance for promotion on the short term, but I guess this can depend on the supporters general demand. In the Prem, we would most definately require big money to survive and do well.

If people want Premiership football, then this is the easy way. Myself, I don't mind too much if we stick about in the Championship for a good few years, far better than L1 and less risky than the Prem. Unless these people actually invest!

It will be very pricey if we reached the Prem too!!

Archived