IGNORED

65 Premiership Players Available On A Free

Eddie Hitler

There's a lot there we can forget about (Veron, Fowler), many I've never heard of, but there are some that sound well, possible. It would mean GJ has to overcome his big name player issue but how about:

Lee Hendrie

David Thompson

Keith Gillespie

Out of contract, unlikely to get picked up by another premiership club so won't be expecting premiership wages. Obviously not all three but is our signing one of those really beyond the bounds of possibility?

Arsenal Ryan Garry, Joseph O'Cearuill

Aston Villa Mark Delaney, Lee Hendrie, Chris Sutton

Blackburn Rovers Keith Barker, Michael Gray

Bolton Wanderers Quinton Fortune, Henrik Pedersen, David Thompson

Charlton Athletic Nathan Ashton, Rurik Gislason, Jimmy-Floyd Haselbaink, Talal El Karkouri, Kevin Lisbie, Thomas Mhyre, Alistair John, Myles Weston (Offered contract) James Walker

Chelsea Magnus Hedman, Juan Sebastian Veron

Everton Alan Kearney, Scott Phelan, Alessandro Pistone, Richard Wright

Fulham Claus Jensen, Mark Pembridge, Tomasz Radzinski

Liverpool Jerzy Dudek, Robbie Fowler, Boudewijn Zenden

Manchester City Stephen Jordan, Trevor Sinclair, Hatem Trabelsi (Offered contract) Michael Ball, Nicky Weaver

Manchester United Phil Marsh, Florent Ngalula, Daniel Rose

Middlesbrough Malcolm Christie

Newcastle United Olivier Bernard, Kris Gate, Craig Moore, Pavel Srnicek

Portsmouth Daryl Fordyce, Nwankwo Kanu (Offered contract) Svetoslav Todorov

Reading Jonathan Hayes (Offered contract) Aaron Brown, Simon Cox

Sheffield United Paul Gerrard, Rob Kozluk, Craig Short, Alan Wright (Offered contract) James Ashmore, Keith Gillespie, Chris Lucketti

Tottenham Hotspur Robert Burch

Watford Joel Grant, Albert Jarrett, Chris Powell

West Ham United Shaun Newton, Teddy Sheringham

Wigan Athletic John Filan, David Unsworth

Keith Gillespie, Rob Kozluk and Henrik Pederson, unless wages are prohibitive are the only names i can pick out of that who i'd actually want or feel we'd need.

Florent Ngalula was going to be something special before he got crocked so it's sad to see he's been released.

If Chris Sutton is fit, at 34 he would bring good experience to squad, good target man.

Experience is a must for us to consolidate ourselves in the Championship. again wages and getting on with GJ is a must. If we want experience we will have to pay for it.

Wages plus - why are they being let go? Past it or not good enough?

As Toshack said recently 'there are Premiership players and players that play in the Premiership'

That really is a top quote.

Wages - well Forest had Alan Wright on loan. Why does everybody assume that these players would have execssive wage demands and we, as a championship club, could not meet their expectations.

They are being let go because they no longer can command a first team place at a premiership club. That doesn't mean they couldn't get into our side. We let players go for the same reason and they can be successful one league down.

It seems that people are ruling these players out because they have played in the premiership; which is an odd position to take.

Wages - well Forest had Alan Wright on loan. Why does everybody assume that these players would have execssive wage demands and we, as a championship club, could not meet their expectations.

They are being let go because they no longer can command a first team place at a premiership club. That doesn't mean they couldn't get into our side. We let players go for the same reason and they can be successful one league down.

It seems that people are ruling these players out because they have played in the premiership; which is an odd position to take.

Couldn't agree more Frank.....well put.

It seems to be the same old people who rule players out due to wage demands. Come on guys, change the record!!

What surprises me is that no-one has approached Robbie Fowler according to the BBC, I think the guy could do a great job in the CCC....more than Sutton (Celtic Scum)

It seems to be the same old people who rule players out due to wage demands. Come on guys, change the record!!

What surprises me is that no-one has approached Robbie Fowler according to the BBC, I think the guy could do a great job in the CCC....more than Sutton (Celtic Scum)

So what do you think of Finnbogason if he signs for us.?

WAGES.

Robbie Fowler has stated no offers have been made to him. "If I get a club I do, if I don't, I don't".

Premiership players maybe on high wages, but if City or any other Champ team was the only club to offer them a job, they'd have to take what was offered!

intuatively, am against going for any players of this type. They're already in pretty much every case (possible exception of Sheffied United) very rich men, who have all sampled life in the top flight in some shape or form. Even if we get past wages issue (and they *will* be amongst our top earners, regardless of how well we negotiate), i don't think they're a great fit for the club - as the rest of the dressing room will be less wealthy, and I suspect more hungry to both get the money and the experience.

should be treated on case by case basis - but GJ has worked wonders to turn our culture of overpaid underachievement around, and whilst there's no guarantee that signing players like these will regress that (or that younger less wealthy players wont decide they can relax a bit once we sign them!); there's still that risk.

Get me a team of young, hungry players from lower divisions or Scotland who are desparate to improve themselves - together with a few experienced pros who wont take the piss, and we'll be on the right track.

I'd like to think we could go in for Stephen Jordan from Man City after his release as he would provide real competition for Jamie McAllister at left back and is still a good age. Richard Wright would be another good signing seeing as he's out of contract but that would get shot down in flames considering Basso's 'cult' status.

Fowler will wind up in Scotland or the MLS and Hendrie will go to Derby IMO...

I'd like to think we could go in for Stephen Jordan from Man City after his release as he would provide real competition for Jamie McAllister at left back and is still a good age. Richard Wright would be another good signing seeing as he's out of contract but that would get shot down in flames considering Basso's 'cult' status.

Fowler will wind up in Scotland or the MLS and Hendrie will go to Derby IMO...

I think Richard Wright would be shot down in flames because we have 3 keepers already and he is injury prone

Archived