IGNORED

C.a.t.s.

foghornred

:city: Got my tickets for the Blackpool game yesterday and was very surprised when I found out the cost.

I expected Blackpool to put up the price to sit in their 'temporary' stand, and sure enough last season we paid £15 and this season we pay £17 to watch the same teams play in the championship.

What I did not expect was that traveling the same distance to Blackpool has gone up from £19 last season to £27 this season a whooping £8 or 29% rise ! :redcard:

C.A.T.S. Already make a profit and now the club is cashing in on the fact that we are in the Championship by increasing prices across the board.

Some games last season we only had two coaches going to games and it seems that the club are not keen on having an away support, because if they were then C.A.T.S. would be a service for the fans and not another money maker.

We all know of clubs that have given free travel for fans to a match and even some that do an away season ticket, its about time that City thought about the supporters that follow them away as they are needed as much as home supporters. :argh:

anybody know how many a coach seats?

assuming 50 (and all members) that's £1350 for a single day's coach hire - complete & total ripoff!

In a season where we're going to need every bit of support we can, Mr Sexstone decides to do everything he can to keep the numbers down!

Why not make a little off a lot instead of a lot off a few?

Surprised he hasn't tried to charge for the opening day!

Cost me £37 to go to Alton Towers on coach, included tickets for park as well which I thought was pretty good.

So for a extra tenner you can have a whole days entertainment.

Meh I don't know prices at football just seem so OTT now don't they? 12 pounds to get into a friendly against a side we played last season when I have also just splashed on a Season Ticket. don't think I will bother with a friendly next season and I am not usally one to complain about the cost of things.

Still expect to get to a few away games this year anyway but yeah the price does seem high.

Anybody got any idea why a price increase is needed at all?? I mean it costs a certain amount to travel on coach a set distance so in theory it should cost the same this season as it did the last.

Peter Carol have increased the costs so I was told today. Must be cos were a Championship Side.

Peter Carol have increased the costs so I was told today. Must be cos were a Championship Side.

Well the club should look eleswhere then for a new coach operator.

After the farce of Millwall last year too, why are we still entertaining P&C ? :disapointed2se:

City should do something about this, Who cares what the coach is like as long as its got a toilet, I cant believe anybody would pay £27 to get a CATS coach to Blackpool, Whoever is in charge of Cats should hang their head in shame. This is how the conversation should have gone

City - Morning, can we book 3 coaches for Blackpool as per the last 10 years

PC - certainly, that will be £1458 per 54 seater coach please,

City - I think you have your sums wrong Mr Carol, it was much less than that about 4 months ago when we last went there, are you sure thats right?

PC - Absolutley correct, Your championship now, expect to pay championship prices for this coach!

City - ###### you, were not going to expect our young and elderley fans to pay that, that would cost a family of four in the region on £120 + match ticket, Give me a proper price or we take our business elsewhere.

PC - Sorry final decision has been made

City - B****x(hangs up) Ring, Ring............Hello is that Turners, its Bristol city football club and were looking for 3 coaches to travel to Blackpool, how much would that be and for regular use can we negotiate a set discount.

Got to be a misprint surely?

Has anyone got a CATS ticket and can confirm that's what it cost?

I've travelled regularly by CATS to most away games for more years than I care to remember, but no way am I going to pay that sort of price this season.

Maybe its a one off hike for the first game when everyone will be using the £10 vouchers they got after the MIllwall debacle?? That would be typical CS spin; we give you £10 to shut you up after Millwall, you think you're getting something, then when you use it we charge you £10 more than we would have done anyway, everyone (thinks they) wins.

Got to be a misprint surely?

Has anyone got a CATS ticket and can confirm that's what it cost?

I've travelled regularly by CATS to most away games for more years than I care to remember, but no way am I going to pay that sort of price this season.

Maybe its a one off hike for the first game when everyone will be using the £10 vouchers they got after the MIllwall debacle?? That would be typical CS spin; we give you £10 to shut you up after Millwall, you think you're getting something, then when you use it we charge you £10 more than we would have done anyway, everyone (thinks they) wins.

My mate bought cats tickets saturday. He paid £27 per ticket so yes this is the price. I'm not sure this is the price for non season ticket holders though??

problem is Peter Carol are probably the best firm in Bristol, only other firm still going is Turners and they are well.....SH;T

What about Blue Iris, based in Nailsea I think?

If it's true that they have put up the prices due to our promotion that is extremely warped thinking. I suspect a certain CS may be involved somewhere though, as someone else has pointed out further up the thread - any way that man can fleece the average punter he will.

The only time I used CATS last year was for Swansea and Millwall,and after the Millwall game where I never got in until half time I decided that I'd never use them again,so I will be driving.

I prefer driving anyway as you can get their whenever you like.

I stopped using them the season before last when they started arriving at matches about 2;15pm and enjoyed driving to games,which I think adds to the day when you have the challenge of finding the grounds.

The hardest to find this year will undoubtably be West Brom(joke)

City should do something about this, Who cares what the coach is like as long as its got a toilet, I cant believe anybody would pay £27 to get a CATS coach to Blackpool, Whoever is in charge of Cats should hang their head in shame. This is how the conversation should have gone

City - Morning, can we book 3 coaches for Blackpool as per the last 10 years

PC - certainly, that will be £1458 per 54 seater coach please,

City - I think you have your sums wrong Mr Carol, it was much less than that about 4 months ago when we last went there, are you sure thats right?

PC - Absolutley correct, Your championship now, expect to pay championship prices for this coach!

City - ###### you, were not going to expect our young and elderley fans to pay that, that would cost a family of four in the region on £120 + match ticket, Give me a proper price or we take our business elsewhere.

PC - Sorry final decision has been made

City - B****x(hangs up) Ring, Ring............Hello is that Turners, its Bristol city football club and were looking for 3 coaches to travel to Blackpool, how much would that be and for regular use can we negotiate a set discount.

Don't think for one minute that PETER CAROL would be stupid enough to raise their prices by over 40 % - they know that there's plenty of other coach firms (not just in Bristol City but in adjoining areas eg Bath) who would LOVE to get the BCFC contract with a guaranteed minimum of 23 Away game bookings.

Look closer to home - the Peter Carol prices (to BCFC) are - I'm sure - similar to last seasons, but there is one man who has seemingly made it his mission to squeeze and wring every last penny from City's loyal supporters on the back of our promotion.

So:

Peter Carol have competition - would they therefore risk a 40% hike?

CS however knows he has a customer base desparate to watch City and will act accordingly (as per S/T's, price of friendlies, lack of concessions etc) - ?

You decide

CodeRed

This is getting ridiculous.

What the #### is the point in having the FCC and the Supporters Trust when seemingly no consultation with the fans takes place?

An explanation should be sort by the ST or FCC on this matter IMMEDIATELY. Otherwise we're going to continue to be bent over by CS and BCFC for the foreseeable future.

This price increase will have an adverse affect when we have 2 away games in a space of 4 days (Sat & Tues) and also when we have a cup match away.

A lot of loyal fans will no longer be able to afford to follow City like they've done year in, year out.

It looks like I've got many more Motorway miles to drive this season then....or a few more games than usual sat in front of a radio :disapointed2se:

Don't you just love being a City fan?

Archived