IGNORED

C.a.t.s.

foghornred

This price increase will have an adverse affect when we have 2 away games in a space of 4 days (Sat & Tues) and also when we have a cup match away.

A lot of loyal fans will no longer be able to afford to follow City like they've done year in, year out.

It looks like I've got many more Motorway miles to drive this season then....or a few more games than usual sat in front of a radio :disapointed2se:

Don't you just love being a City fan?

The club have responded on the official site with the reason for the price increase !!!

anybody know how many a coach seats?

assuming 50 (and all members) that's £1350 for a single day's coach hire - complete & total ripoff!

In a season where we're going to need every bit of support we can, Mr Sexstone decides to do everything he can to keep the numbers down!

Why not make a little off a lot instead of a lot off a few?

Surprised he hasn't tried to charge for the opening day!

I ran a coach to Middlesboro (a tad further than Blackpool) last season - a 52 seater but seats taken out to make it a 36 seater with card tables. It cost £900. Baker Dolphin. And that was with 2 drivers, which is what the official site is saying has caused the price increase.

The official site says CATS is non-profit - perhaps they are including admin costs? Or perhaps they are being ripped of by Peter Carol? Or perhaps Mr Sexstone has got his sums wrong? :dunno:

Why would the fact we're now in the Championship justify such a hike on travel arrangements, can't really see it makes a blind bit of differance what league we're in. Driving to Blackpool is driving Blackpool and would cost the club the same being in league 2 or the premiership.!?

It's just another example of the club getting greedy of the back of promotion and exploiting the fans.

Why would the fact we're now in the Championship justify such a hike on travel arrangements, can't really see it makes a blind bit of differance what league we're in. Driving to Blackpool is driving Blackpool and would cost the club the same being in league 2 or the premiership.!?

It's just another example of the club getting greedy of the back of promotion and exploiting the fans.

By that i take it you havent read the story on the OS!?!

More BS from the club - who have clearly read the comments about the £8 rise from £19 to £27 on this coach trip.

They claim it's down to EU rules (isn't everything) and that the coach co need 2 drivers instead of 1 and that neither the club or Peter Carol are charging any more , well fair enough but £8 x 50 seats = £400 doesn't it !!!

So the extra driver costs £400 for the day!

Does anyone seriously believe that 1 driver earns (or even 1 agency charges) £400 for a days driving?

I know the club are taking the p out of fans but you would expect them to actually think it through before coming out with such ridiculous BS.

CodeRed

Edit - just noticed the mainsite also quotes "fuel escalation" as a contributor. Ok if fuels gone up 10% (it's gone up less) on a round trip of approx 400 miles the extra derv works out at LESS than 50p per passenger on a 50 seat coach!!!

I really think Sexstones believes we're just a bunch of thick oiks that he can tell anything to and we just believeit

By that i take it you havent read the story on the OS!?!

No. To be honest I don't need too.

Of course they will have spin to justify the hike just like they did with the season tickets, and of course you're going to get individuals on here who believe what there told but common sense tells you they are just on the make again. Sextoy & Co needs to remember football isnt like a normal business and if he keeps pissing of the fans off it will come back to bite him on the arse in the long term.

I advise everyone who normally travels on coaches to find another mode of transport if possible and just don't use the service. Thats the only way you can make a stand and not allow the club to take the micheal.

Of course they will have spin to justify the hike just like they did with the season tickets, and of course you're going to get individuals on here who believe what there told but common sense tells you they are just on the make again. Sextoy & Co needs to remember football isnt like a normal business and if he keeps pissing of the fans off it will come back to bite him on the arse in the long term.

I advise everyone who normally travels on coaches to find another mode of transport if possible and just don't use the service. T

Well to be fair to CS, he makes a good point about the drivers but an increase of that much is still a bit too much.

Also, for people who got the discount from the Millwall fiasco last season, does this increase mean that the discount is part of the money to be paid instead of the full amount?

Well actually yes you do because Sexstone has given a completely different reason for the price increase that is nothing like the one for season tickets and has nothing to do with Championship football.

I still fail to understand how they arrive at £27 a ticket though.

I advise everyone who normally travels on coaches to find another mode of transport if possible and just don't use the service. Thats the only way you can make a stand and not allow the club to take the micheal.

As I posted above - the drivers cost is BS

I extra driver for a 16 hour round trip, even if he was paid £10 p.hour (which I doubt) would be £160 extra ie just over £3 per passenger + 50p for the fuel "escalation".

the total rise shoud be <£4

Anything more is just ripping fans off

Either the club are so usless they cannot correctly negotiate a competitive coach contract after all these years - or they are lying.

CodeRed

...it'd be interesting to get quotes from local coach company's for same day/same trip/ 50 seater private coach hire & see how prices compare... (haven't got time to do so myself today - but maybe someone fancies phoning around?... )

if the CATS are non profit making, makes you wonder what the overheads must be... & if they bother too much about getting the 'best deals' for fans etc.. do they negotiate discounts for instance as regular repeat business customers?..

The EU rules cover driving limits, rest periods, emergencies and the use of a tachograph.

Below is a summary of the main requirements:

The time limit on daily driving is nine hours. This can be extended to ten hours twice per week.

The time limit on weekly driving is 56 hours.

For fortnightly driving, drivers are subject to a limit of 90 hours in any two consecutive weeks.

The driver must take at least a 45-minute break from driving after a period of 4.5 hours.

The driver is entitled to a daily rest period of 11 hours in the 24-hour period commencing at the end of the last daily or weekly rest period.

Read about drivers' hours regulations and exemptions on the Transport Office website.

Assuming thats right surely they can drive to Blackpool and back in 9 hours??

How does this work then? The limit of 1 week is 56 hours, but 2 weeks is only 90 hours? 56x2=112. Doesnt make sense to me.

If you work 56 hours one week then you will only be able to work 36 hours the next week acording to these rules. It does say concequetive weeks ie 1 after the other so I would assume that most would only work 45 hours per week.

Assuming thats right surely they can drive to Blackpool and back in 9 hours??

It's 210 miles. In a coach it would be a bit touch and go I guess. In a car I'd do it in 3-3 1/2 easily

Those regs don't look any different to the regs from 10 years ago when I did some driving one summer to me. 45 minutes after 4 and a half hours driving is the same.

There's a doc here detailing the changes.

Perhaps Peter Carrol got bit by a tachy inspection.

£27 each still seems high even if two drivers are required.

If you work 56 hours one week then you will only be able to work 36 hours the next week acording to these rules. It does say concequetive weeks ie 1 after the other so I would assume that most would only work 45 hours per week.

so why not just state that drivers are only allowed to do a limit of 45 hours a week then? Seems they're just trying to make it complicated fot the public.

so why not just state that drivers are only allowed to do a limit of 45 hours a week then? Seems they're just trying to make it complicated fot the public.

It's to allow for things like Xmas where there are peaks and troughs. The idea is to make it safe but not hamper businesses.

It's 210 miles. In a coach it would be a bit touch and go I guess. In a car I'd do it in 3-3 1/2 easily

Those regs don't look any different to the regs from 10 years ago when I did some driving one summer to me. 45 minutes after 4 and a half hours driving is the same.

There's a doc here detailing the changes.

Perhaps Peter Carrol got bit by a tachy inspection.

£27 each still seems high even if two drivers are required.

yep I just did a rac route planner and it states 210 miles and 3 hours 34 mins driving time at the national speed limit for each road. Coaches stick to the limit so it could easily be done in 5 hours actual driving time each way, although the club would want to cover themselves if it was close to the driving limit.

...so much for the driving rules & regs then, -thats for the industry to worry about, we wanna know if we are getting a fair deal in terms of £££'s spent per fan.

Has anyone managed to find out costs of booking a private hire 50 seater for same journey yet? (as per my earlier post in thread) anyone shopped around for best deals etc.. curious to see if we (mere ordinary mortals with no company clout could better the CATS prices - & if so why? given that Cats are non-profit)

...it'd be interesting to get quotes from local coach company's for same day/same trip/ 50 seater private coach hire & see how prices compare... (haven't got time to do so myself today - but maybe someone fancies phoning around?... )

if the CATS are non profit making, makes you wonder what the overheads must be... & if they bother too much about getting the 'best deals' for fans etc.. do they negotiate discounts for instance as regular repeat business customers?..

What makes you think CATS are non profit making, are you nieve or somthing?

Dream on, they were a business the last time i checked. :noexpression:

The clubs?

Read the article mentioned in the thread.

"The club wishes to clarify that CATS is run on a non-profit basis."

OK i will look harder, but don't be sucked in though, i don't see how the club can ensure its runs on a non profit basis unless they have a number crucher working there full time to check.

I'm sorry but i've never read such utter 5h1t in my life.

The word 'non profit' is a marketing tool used by the most ruthless of businessmen, it really means 'the customer is a ####' and we should seek to rip him off.

Becuase they use the word non profit, you instantly think, Bargin! They instantly think SUCKER!

Archived