IGNORED

Not Good Enough

no_merde

Well, I hate to say it but the performance was simply not good enough to stay in this league:

1) Trundle looked a yard of the pace

2) Back four in complete disarray

3) Hungarian centre back seems incapable of communicating with anyone (does he speak English?)

4) LJ looked out of his depth

We're going to leak goals like a west country flood defence at this rate, and Trundle looks incapable of replacing them at the other end.

I'd take 22nd right now if it was offered.

3) Hungarian centre back seems incapable of communicating with anyone (does he speak English?)

Yes, he does speak english, and if you paid attention to anything that had to do with this club ove the summer, you would know that his english is actually quite good, and has been joked to be better than some of the British squad members. :)

Seriously dude. If theres a few problems GJ will address them, there were a bunch of new signings in the squad today and if you really think that leading twice in the match and coming out with points on the first day of the season with a bunch of guys who are playing their first competitive game together is a sign of being doomed to 22nd position, I think you better take your fingers away from the keyboard for a few minutes and check your closet to see what color your shirts really are, red or blue.

yay

Yes, he does speak english, and if you paid attention to anything that had to do with this club ove the summer, you would know that his english is actually quite good, and has been joked to be better than some of the British squad members. :)

Seriously dude. If theres a few problems GJ will address them, there were a bunch of new signings in the squad today and if you really think that leading twice in the match and coming out with points on the first day of the season with a bunch of guys who are playing their first competitive game together is a sign of being doomed to 22nd position, I think you better take your fingers away from the keyboard for a few minutes and check your closet to see what color your shirts really are, red or blue.

yay

Dude - Please do not refer to me with your colloquialisms.

I personally say that todays performance was not the standard needed to retain our place in this league. That doesn't make me a Rovers supporter. It means I care about this team passionately and I'm not happy about what I've seen.

Well, I hate to say it but the performance was simply not good enough to stay in this league:

We're going to leak goals like a west country flood defence at this rate, and Trundle looks incapable of replacing them at the other end.

Good grief! theres always at least one whinger.This one is so insightfull that he can predict the outcome of an entire season based on one game. Amazing.

Perhaps the poster No Merde was just a little upset as he prob left in the 85th minute thinking it was all over then turned on his radio outside the ground only to hear we had then taken the lead, to which he prob started running back to the ground only to be dissapointed when he got back that qpr had snatched a late goal...then perhaps he went all the way back to his car only to be found it had been towed away.. Could this be the reason he has taken it all out on the players!

Today's performance was not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

First game in this league for nine years against an established Championship side who played a very physical and often dirty game. We proved that we could hold our own, it was disappointing to concede two goals straight after scoring, but both had questionable circumstances leading up to them.

For me LJ was one of the best players on the pitch today. The odd misplaced ball but come on, that happens, no one is faultless at any stage in any game.

You're right, some people will never get past the Daddy's Boy thing, and frankly it's pathetic. Knowing the type of manager GJ is he'd have no problem dropping any player if he didn't train hard and earn his place. I thought he stood out above a lot of others today. One a*hole in my block couldn't help but shout "JOHNSON - YOU'RE SH*T!" at him when he walked past. I couldn't help thinking what a helpful influence he was being with the score at 1-1 and all to play for.

We're one game in, we've put two past an established and physical side, work still to be done, but what newly promoted team can say there isn't?

Let's get it together for the lads who played with all they had today.

Perhaps the poster No Merde was just a little upset as he prob left in the 85th minute thinking it was all over then turned on his radio outside the ground only to hear we had then taken the lead, to which he prob started running back to the ground only to be dissapointed when he got back that qpr had snatched a late goal...then perhaps he went all the way back to his car only to be found it had been towed away.. Could this be the reason he has taken it all out on the players!

Christ.. you should write scripts for Eastenders! :)

A few good signs, but also many worrying ones. McIndoe and Trundle had very quiet debuts, and plenty of effort all round, but we did give the ball away far too often, and nothing to do with parentage, but LJ was one of the main culprits.

Last time up, we started with a 2-2 draw at home to supposedly weak opposition, and had a key centre back missing through injury. If GJ goes in October and is replaced by the Swedish Chef, history is repeating itself!

Dude - Please do not refer to me with your colloquialisms.

I personally say that todays performance was not the standard needed to retain our place in this league. That doesn't make me a Rovers supporter. It means I care about this team passionately and I'm not happy about what I've seen.

Am I missing something here, bruv ? You said you'd take 22nd place, but that would mean relegation ? Were you being ironic or innumerate ?

Shut up you fool was you even at the game today

Today's performance was not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

First game in this league for nine years against an established Championship side who played a very physical and often dirty game. We proved that we could hold our own, it was disappointing to concede two goals straight after scoring, but both had questionable circumstances leading up to them.

For me LJ was one of the best players on the pitch today. The odd misplaced ball but come on, that happens, no one is faultless at any stage in any game.

You're right, some people will never get past the Daddy's Boy thing, and frankly it's pathetic. Knowing the type of manager GJ is he'd have no problem dropping any player if he didn't train hard and earn his place. I thought he stood out above a lot of others today. One a*hole in my block couldn't help but shout "JOHNSON - YOU'RE SH*T!" at him when he walked past. I couldn't help thinking what a helpful influence he was being with the score at 1-1 and all to play for.

We're one game in, we've put two past an established and physical side, work still to be done, but what newly promoted team can say there isn't?

Let's get it together for the lads who played with all they had today.

QPR are a one of the poor sides of this very tough league and we should have secured three points. Unlike League One every point matters in this league.

For me, the greatest concern is that our biggest signing of the year looked overweight and off the pace.

Not good.

:badmood: .............cheer up, your in the championship!!!, what was the attendance/atmosphere like today guys?

A few good signs, but also many worrying ones. McIndoe and Trundle had very quiet debuts, and plenty of effort all round, but we did give the ball away far too often, and nothing to do with parentage, but LJ was one of the main culprits.

Last time up, we started with a 2-2 draw at home to supposedly weak opposition, and had a key centre back missing through injury. If GJ goes in October and is replaced by the Swedish Chef, history is repeating itself!

Spot on.

All I'm doing is say what a lot of people are thinking, and taking the abuse for it.

QPR are a one of the poor sides of this very tough league and we should have secured three points. Unlike League One every point matters in this league.

For me, the greatest concern is that our biggest signing of the year looked overweight and off the pace.

Not good.

One of the poorer sides they might be but they still have been playing Championship football for some time now and are fully adapted to the league. This should, in theory, have been one of the easier games for them this season, and at full time they were celebrating like they'd won the FA Cup - what does that tell you? They knew they were very nearly bettered by us over 90 minutes.

Trundle is no bigger than he's ever been - he's always had the stigma of being branded overweight. Weight isn't an obstacle to your footballing ability when you're the kind of striker that LT is - he's not a pacy player and never has been, he's the man you want to get the ball to in the box, not the man to take it there. Put the ball at LT's feet inside the box and 9 times out of 10 it's going to hit the back of the net.

His lobbed effort in the second half would have been a beautiful way to open his account with us.

I am really wound up by todays performance. BUT it was only one game - there are 45 remaining. I can't believe you would take 22nd place... that would mean relegation!!!

Not good.

With all respect it's probably a little too early to decide how effective QPR will be this season. If they end up finishing in the play-offs for example, then today's result may not look so bad with the benefit of hindsight.

Besides, it's faaarrrrr too early to panic. Try enjoying the Championship for a bit.

With all respect it's probably a little too early to decide how effective QPR will be this season. If they end up finishing in the play-offs for example, then today's result may not look so bad with the benefit of hindsight.

Besides, it's faaarrrrr too early to panic. Try enjoying the Championship for a bit.

I'm not panicking, I just see us shipping a huge number of goals and no reliable goal machine to balance it.

I hope I'm proved wrong, but I'm just telling it as I see it.

1) Looked like he had no support to me, his game isn't about pace and he showed some great touches and tricks. Nearly scored, nearly set one up.

2) Bit strong. It needs to settle for sure though. McAllister got done too often and Vasko's height wasn't useful against the way QPR played.

3) I don't know how anyone in the stands can know how the players communicate. Problem seemed to me that he was a big player against quick forwards and that generally doesn't work.

4) LJ looked like he did in the first half of last season to me. Passing radar slightly off and trying clever stuff too much. He did score and play a couple of great killer balls but he made a few unforced errors.

I think you're massively overreacting and to me the fact that we created enough chances to put three of four past an established side is good. There are things to work on but that was far from not good enough.

I can't see us shipping vast numbers of goals, but I can see what No Merde is alluding to. Yes it is very early to judge, but the warning signs were there today, mush as they were last time that we were up. Thought that the guy marking Trundle was excellent, so lets hope that explains his modest display.

Ironically innumerate

Fair enough then blood. Understand the frustration but heck, it was the first game, we didn't lose, we could and should have won, I'm sure we wouldn't have conceded twice immediately after scoring with McCombe playing. And we're above the following teams :

Leicester, Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Cardiff, West Brom, Southampton, Hull - and come to think of it Charlton on goals scored. And QPR on alphabetical order. Could have been worse.

Monsieur No Merde, vous parlez merde! IMO

richard head

Archived