IGNORED

So What Did The Chairman Chat About?

thatcham red

Thanks to everyone who turned up to the Trust event last night.

Find out what fan's really wanted to know and Steve Lansdown's response:

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/trust_news...cle000384.shtml

Steve Lansdown said the following:

"The stand design is now agreed and there will be the chance for supporters to have a say in the finer detail."

Anyone have any inside knowledge as to what's been agreed?

Very interesting questions and answers there. Even if people don't agree with some of the things he said, at least he was honest. I think he might have annoyed a few people when he said "The East End is a catalyst for problems".

Some good responses about the ticket prices aswell. Sounds like should we somehow go up this season that there wont be any price increase next season.

Steve Lansdown said the following:

"The stand design is now agreed and there will be the chance for supporters to have a say in the finer detail."

Anyone have any inside knowledge as to what's been agreed?

it will be a single tired stand with 16 ex.boxes at the rear. that is for sure!

It was a very informative meeting, i was very impressed with Mr lansdown he holds no punches and answered all the questions put to him with a full explanation. He was also prepared to listen to new ideas and possibly review some club rulings! Not many chairman would be prepared to meet with supporters at this level, it was appreciated!!

Good points raised by Chairman, only thing I'd query is the change from "We won't open it, the Policing would be too expensive, considering how much take up we'd have" to "It's not the policing costs, it's the reputation of the club." This with all of 200 season ticket holders inside!

I like the bloke and think that in my time as a supporter (20 years) he's by far the best chairman we've had.

Football is a completely different beast to even 10 years ago, but i believe SL is the right man to steer us on to better things.

Having him and Johnson in charge fills me witha lot of confidence!

I like the bloke and think that in my time as a supporter (20 years) he's by far the best chairman we've had.

Football is a completely different beast to even 10 years ago, but i believe SL is the right man to steer us on to better things.

Having him and Johnson in charge fills me witha lot of confidence!

totally and whole-heartedly AGREE,

people moan about Colin Sexstone, but he is just an employee, anything he does has to be run past SL, alot of the stick CS gets is very uncalled for, this article has shown that Steve is the one making the big decisions and he's shown time and time again he is not willing to hide when he is questioned about them.

perhaps from this article, those hammering Colin Sexstone for price increases, should actually be praising him for trying actually trying keep prices down

Did anyone then ask the obvious question of "Does he feel the current pricing levels set are working or will the club be looking at special pricing deals with a view to putting more bums on seats at Ashton Gate?". The Southampton/Stoke double ticket offer is a step in the right direction although I think the club can do a bit more for POTD families at the very least.

Yes it was one of the many follow on questions around that subject. In short, he feels that at this point the club have got it right and that it's easier to decrease price if required rather than increase.

totally and whole-heartedly AGREE,

people moan about Colin Sexstone, but he is just an employee, anything he does has to be run past SL, alot of the stick CS gets is very uncalled for, this article has shown that Steve is the one making the big decisions and he's shown time and time again he is not willing to hide when he is questioned about them.

perhaps from this article, those hammering Colin Sexstone for price increases, should actually be praising him for trying actually trying keep prices down

I agree with your comments. Perhaps, with the knowledge we now have, Sexstone was the one who realised that the increases ultimately made would price out a sizeable minority of supporters from attending on a regular basis. It is also good to see that the Chairman takes full responsibility for the pricing rather than hiding behind his CEO.

...Sorry Colin,

I'm one of those who have had digs at CS recently over what I still think are OTT potd ticket prices (although I understand SL's comment that published prices can be brought down but if they were set low & theres a big demand they couldnt subsequently increase them).

Still at a loss as to why several thousand spare capacity (considering present league position & start to season) seems to be acceptable by the club, & I don't think the small concessions/inducements currently being put forward (buy two -save a fiver) go far enough to attract significantly more potd support. Maybe on-field success takes longer to affect attendance than I would have imagined...

Given the teams current position & great start, its disappointing that any inducements (however small) have had to be introduced - it must surely be that the prices were set too high in the first place.

What crowds would we be seeing if (as could've been the case) we were still waiting for our first win this season?.

As things stand I would've thought that our current success would have created a large demand for seats -if the price was right! ...as far as the football goes it cant get any better than it is a the moment, despite the clubs claims it is obvious that the crowds aren't what they should/could be (GJ expected 17000 for Sheff Utd - SL said the turnout (around 14000)was roughly as expected) ... what are we going to do if (I don't wanna say it) but if things take a downward turn on the pitch? -wheres the crowds going to come from then? will a huge price-cut save the situation?

Anyway, back to point of post, sorry Colin, I'd wrongly assumed that you were responsible for the pricing policy, but as SL openly confirmed last night my assumption was incorrect... Sorry for blaming you.

ps.. Robbored, when you stated SL made the price decision & not CS - I questioned if that was a fact... sorry you were right!.

hmm?

The last two times we've been in this division we've stayed up a very short while. It's far from unlikely.

Ah, but the last two times we didn't have the increased revenue from higher ticket prices to help fund better players and keep us up, did we? :whistle:

:fish:

if if if....... :disapointed2se:

yep, unfortunatly there is always a bit of negativity among people, the large majority of people are in a very positive frame of mind following on from promotion and the summer of transfer activitiy, personally after all the crap that we have had to indure since the last relegation, I'm currently just enjoying the ride of the championship again.

Steve L has said himself there will always be "still some people are out there with negativity, talking about the ticket prices, saying perhaps the crowd should be bigger" I wonder who those negative people are that he is refering to? still there is always a minority.

yep, unfortunatly there is always a bit of negativity among people, the large majority of people are in a very positive frame of mind following on from promotion and the summer of transfer activitiy, personally after all the crap that we have had to indure since the last relegation, I'm currently just enjoying the ride of the championship again.

Steve L has said himself there will always be "still some people are out there with negativity, talking about the ticket prices, saying perhaps the crowd should be bigger" I wonder who those negative people are that he is refering to? still there is always a minority.

I guess there is always a minority, and according to your own poll you're in it.

Still if you keep on making snide comments instead of actually arguing a point on it's merits I'm sure someone will agree with you eventually.

I guess there is always a minority, and according to your own poll you're in it.

Still if you keep on making snide comments instead of actually arguing a point on it's merits I'm sure someone will agree with you eventually.

where on there does it actually state my views? all I have done is setup a poll and ask the question? as for the poll in question? that's based purely on Season Tickets and nothing to do with the POD prices?

where on there does it actually state my views? all I have done is setup a poll and ask the question? as for the poll in question? that's based purely on Season Tickets and nothing to do with the POD prices?

Ok, sure. You make a post basically saying that you're right because you say you're right and think you're in a majority and anyone who disagrees with you is in a minority of negative moaners. Then it's pointed out that your own poll shows that a massive majority of people were unhappy with the price rises, and only now do you want to start arguing specifics. And instead of arguing the actual point being made, that price reduction and getting a higher attendance could only be positive for the club, you want to argue over who posted what when. I'd just give it up if I were you.

Many people who endured that same crap have been priced out.Ever considered that? :disapointed2se:

Well, I'm one of those people talking about ticket prices, still buying them and it won't stop.It's not negative, it's factual and I wonder what GJ will think if we maintain our position and make the plays offs and the lads are running out to an average gate of about 14,000?

Judging by what I hear and replies in numerous threads by dozens of people who one would assume aren't all liars or stupid, I think you're the one in the minority.Still, there is the significant minority that didn't renew ST's,quite a significant minority who aren't coming and, on this basis, it might be a good idea to ensure that at least 3,000 tickets are available for away fans, because we don't need them given the current demand.

I would have loved to hear something from last night along the lines of "We're happy with the attitude of those here and the cracking support they're giving to Gary and the lads and here are the incentives we're going to offer to get even more fans at AG, without penalising our ST's who are the bedrock of our support"

Ok, sure. You make a post basically saying that you're right because you say you're right and think you're in a majority and anyone who disagrees with you is in a minority of negative moaners. Then it's pointed out that your own poll shows that a massive majority of people were unhappy with the price rises, and only now do you want to start arguing specifics. And instead of arguing the actual point being made, that price reduction and getting a higher attendance could only be positive for the club, you want to argue over who posted what when. I'd just give it up if I were you.

No, this is TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DISCUSSIONS, I'm not arguing over who posted what? your the one bring up past polls that are clearly related to Season Tickets and Early Bird renewals which is a totally different subject.

well done on the straw clutching though. :disapointed2se:

Archived