IGNORED

Lee Johnson & Red Card [merged]

old_man_terry

'But despite camping in the City half, Saints could not find the equaliser their possession deserved and their frustration was compounded at the death when Safri was harshly sent off.

The stand-in skipper would probably have been booked for a foul on Lee Johnson and appeared to pat him on the head consolingly as the midfielder got up.'

This taken from the saints website - frankly how they can suggest it was a 'consoling pat on the head' is beyond me!

he raised his hands and should have gone, enough said. Still another manager unable to take that we turned them over eh?

However....why Lee Johnson went over as if he had been shot , yes the bloke slapped him on the head, but it didn't warrant going to ground.

a bit dida (?) if you ask me, and he could get himself into a bit of bother.

don't like to see that.

'But despite camping in the City half, Saints could not find the equaliser their possession deserved and their frustration was compounded at the death when Safri was harshly sent off.

The stand-in skipper would probably have been booked for a foul on Lee Johnson and appeared to pat him on the head consolingly as the midfielder got up.'

This taken from the saints website - frankly how they can suggest it was a 'consoling pat on the head' is beyond me!

he raised his hands and should have gone, enough said. Still another manager unable to take that we turned them over eh?

However....why Lee Johnson went over as if he had been shot , yes the bloke slapped him on the head, but it didn't warrant going to ground.

a bit dida (?) if you ask me, and he could get himself into a bit of bother.

don't like to see that.

He tapped him. Johnson was an idiot for going down the way he did.

Have to say, Lee Johnson's dive at the end, pure comedy the southampton player barely touched him on his head! and he was down like a sack of spuds!

Quite possibly the funniest sending off I've see, PURE STUPIDITY from their player, and quite possibly the slowest dive I've ever seen

I thought it was pathetic, Johnson should have walked for that, there is nothing worse than seeing someone getting a fellow pro sent off. He must be so embarressed when he sees that !?

He had a good 1st half tonight but showed what a horrible little #### he can be.

I can remeber the friendly when he raked his studs down that yeovil players leg, no need, he suffers from small bloke syndrome !

On the game, what a cracking display in the 1st half and a goal of pure class from ivan, just seen it again on sky ports news

2nd half was a little one sided !!! - but fair play, we held on

Carey and Nobes were missed, hope they will be ok on saturday, although i hear louis has broken his nose ?

Tap, slap or punch its irrelivent. You don't raise your hands to another player. Simple as in my book. I'm not condoning Johnson's reaction but the red card in my opinion wasn't harsh.

replied to a similar post but will add my 2 pence worth to this one

Johnson acted in a pathetic manner, no need for that, I hope he does get punished. Play acting is prob the worse thing in our game

rules are rules, deserved red card. But if johnosn hadnt of dived then I don't think the ref would of noticed it, or if he did I doubt he would of done anything.

Crap behaviour by Lee, quite embarressing actually.

I think George Burley was making the same point to Lee as they were walking off at the end. Burley looked like he was having a right go at Lee.

If he hadn't of gone down would the referee/linesman have done anything about it? There's a difference between diving and exaggerating. Lee Johnson exaggerated by the sounds of things. To gain us an advantage, he didn't cheat, he just made sure that Safri got the deserved punishment.

Why are Safri's hands up there, what was he doing with them? LJ isn't the perpetrator in this matter. I'm sure GJ will take this up with LJ, and i'm sure the rest of the lads will take the mick in training. Punishment enough really.

Sounds like some of you want Lee Johnson to be banned to me. Not for the sanctity of the game but because it's LJ.

It was a Red card because the rules say it is!

But the rules also state that simulation is a booking, and there is no way that the pat on the head would knock a grown man (Or Johnson) to the floor, so he should have been booked for his reaction!

If he hadn't of gone down would the referee/linesman have done anything about it? There's a difference between diving and exaggerating. Lee Johnson exaggerated by the sounds of things. To gain us an advantage, he didn't cheat, he just made sure that Safri got the deserved punishment.

Why are Safri's hands up there, what was he doing with them? LJ isn't the perpetrator in this matter. I'm sure GJ will take this up with LJ, and i'm sure the rest of the lads will take the mick in training. Punishment enough really.

Sounds like some of you want Lee Johnson to be banned to me. Not for the sanctity of the game but because it's LJ.

Have you seen the Dida incident- he reminded me of that. Watch it and make your own mind up but if any one of our players does that they will get the same stick.

Come on guys, give the guy a break.

He's just helped us grind out win against a difficult side, let's at least wait until the replay before damning the guy completely, otherwise it does sound a bit like he's getting the usual rough ride he often gets on here.

Have you seen the Dida incident- he reminded me of that. Watch it and make your own mind up but if any one of our players does that they will get the same stick.

It'll be interesting to see if any of the journos are brave enough to ask the question to the manager or players about their thoughts on the incident.

I'm glad that Lee's willing to embarrass himself for the teams chances of victory. Shows true commitment. The difference with Dida is that it in no way helped his side hence the stick from fans. We should be applauding Lee for his efforts.

Again. Why were Safri's hands there? What was he doing?

If the referees are so incompetent not to notice such things, isn't it the players responsibilities to help them out to come to the correct decision like Lee did?

It'll be interesting to see if any of the journos are brave enough to ask the question to the manager or players about their thoughts on the incident.

I'm glad that Lee's willing to embarrass himself for the teams chances of victory. Shows true commitment. The difference with Dida is that it in no way helped his side hence the stick from fans. We should be applauding Lee for his efforts.

Again. Why were Safri's hands there? What was he doing?

If the referees are so incompetent not to notice such things, isn't it the players responsibilities to help them out to come to the correct decision like Lee did?

Oh yeah because cheating like that is brilliant isn't it?! Commitment is throwing yourself in front of the ball to stop a goal or running your heart out. Not going down like a little girl. Pathetic.

Safri raised hands in anger, coupled with his idiotic lunge on Elliott he was getting a red - or worse two yellows.

The reaction from LJ made him look like a schoolgirl and was pathetic - I don't want to see that from a City player ever.

However I do recall seeing something on telly about the Dida incident where one of the Scottish commentators was saying FIFA/the FA instruct players to go down and hold their head regardless so perhaps there's a slim justification for that. If that's the case though I'd rather we ignored the instruction.

Safri raised hands in anger, coupled with his idiotic lunge on Elliott he was getting a red - or worse two yellows.

The reaction from LJ made him look like a schoolgirl and was pathetic - I don't want to see that from a City player ever.

However I do recall seeing something on telly about the Dida incident where one of the Scottish commentators was saying FIFA/the FA instruct players to go down and hold their head regardless so perhaps there's a slim justification for that. If that's the case though I'd rather we ignored the instruction.

Sounds pretty stupid to me!

And in all the wailing and knashing of teeth people forget that in the Dida incident the bloke who gave him a tap should never have been on the pitch no matter what, end of. Dida has aplogised publicly to his clubs fans and Celtic and taken his ban, and considering he's had a flare thrown at him from the stands before I can believe why he'd be jumpy. If Safri raised his hands in anger he is, for lack of a better phrase, F#*&^d whatever Lee Johnson did.

A lot of us do. Yes the guy got rightly sent off but I care about own players. We don't need to act like that to win.

So what if he slightly exaggerated the contact? Would you be complaining if one of our players got fouled in the area and made the most of the contact to win a deserved penalty? No, thought not. It's not as though he rolled around holding his head or anything (like Dida, which some people are ridiculously comparing LJ to).

Jeez, people will find any reason to start a Lee Johnson witch-hunt.

Archived