IGNORED

These Championship Boys Don't Like It Up Em'

Tunley Legend

Reading the managers comments and message boards of various clubs it seems we are causing quite a stir so far this season. I can only conclude that "Little Bristol City" must be the worst team ever to grace second position in the Championship. Firstly you hear the likes of Mowbray, Dowie, Simpson, Laws, Gregory, Duffy and Burley almost reduced to tears at their team's failure to comfortably turn us over after apparently having "battered" us. The only managers to accept the results and give us any real credit were Adkins, Cotterill and Robson (surprisingly). And then there are the comments from other teams fans:-

"Bristol City are a very poor side" - Sheffield Wednesday, West Brom and Southampton

"Couldn't even string two passes together" - Southampton

"The lucky ba$tard$ only had three shots" - Coventry

"Very average and will plummet down the table" - Norwich

"Worst side I have seen at Deepdale in a long time" - Preston (wrong, that accolade belongs to Preston themselves!!)

"We should be beating sides like Bristol City" - All of the above

Whilst there is a long way to go before we can celebrate anything this season (celebrations start at 50 odd points as far as I am concerned) isn't it nice to see all these gigantic clubs with their huge wages, massive squads and even bigger debts unable to beat the "poor, average, rubbish etc. etc." but mighty reds!!

Reading the managers comments and message boards of various clubs it seems we are causing quite a stir so far this season. I can only conclude that "Little Bristol City" must be the worst team ever to grace second position in the Championship. Firstly you hear the likes of Mowbray, Dowie, Simpson, Laws, Gregory, Duffy and Burley almost reduced to tears at their team's failure to comfortably turn us over after apparently having "battered" us. The only managers to accept the results and give us any real credit were Adkins, Cotterill and Robson (surprisingly). And then there are the comments from other teams fans:-

"Bristol City are a very poor side" - Sheffield Wednesday, West Brom and Southampton

"Worst side I have seen at Deepdale in a long time" - Preston (wrong, that accolade belongs to Preston themselves!!)

Whilst there is a long way to go before we can celebrate anything this season (celebrations start at 50 odd points as far as I am concerned) isn't it nice to see all these gigantic clubs with their huge wages, massive squads and even bigger debts unable to beat the "poor, average, rubbish etc. etc." but mighty reds!!

Very pleasing indeed. Sour grapes tastic. Stuff the lot. Who cares and who gives a rats arse whether they think we play good bad or indifferent.. we turned em all over. priceless.

Sour grapes isn't it, especially from the likes of Dowie. Burley would probably have the biggest reason to be negative about us, they battered us last night.

Of the 7 league games I've seen we've never really been outplayed, except for the 2nd half last night and I'm pretty sure the others ended up being a fair result.

Where did you get these comments can i ask? i have only heard about 2 of the above

GJ should slap those comments up all over the dressing room for the players to read.

I have said it before and i will say it again. If teams keep on taking us lightly then we will keep on punishing them. So many "big" teams will make pathetic comments about how we got lucky etc.. This will only spur the players on (as far as I'm concerned) IMO NO TEAM should be ashamed of being beaten by us. I don't think for a second this is a so-called honeymoon period, i think we have a group of players who with the help of GJ, have realised their potential.

Bring on the stoke... :city:

So far i think it the scummers who are the worst, did anyone hear the idiot on fivelive last night (about 10.50 ) who professed that they should have hammered us and the ref failed to award 3 cert penalties, then he has the gall to state that southampton are really a premiership side and shouldn't be losing to clubs like bristol city :ranting:

What planet are these ar*eholes living on?

You'd think Brian Laws would be used to us beating his sides by now. We did Scunny on opening day last season whilst he was there (he'd left them for the "Mighty"?? Wednesday by the time Scunny got their own back in February).

I think the press also see us as a small, inconsequential team in comparison with the championship "glamour" clubs.

Reading the Mirror this morning the Wolves game coverage took up 2/3 of the page, with glowing praise throughout for Wolves' performance and the fact that it lifted them into 3rd place. By comparison the report on the City game covered 2"x3" and most of that related to the sending off incident and seemed to say " by the way City were lucky to scrape a win" I thought they would to on to say that we are only 12 points above the relegation places!

You would think it would have been the same last season for Colchester, but they always seemed to be treated as the "fairytale" club in the Championship.

In Championship terms we are a small club and we're doing great. It gives me great pleasure to see these clubs who think they are going for a walk in the park getting turned over. The first half hour last night Southampton had no idea what had hit them. Let's hope everyone keeps expecting an easy game against us, but I fear we're about to start getting taken seriously.

I just hope that we don't start worrying about the league table - we need to simply enjoy this block of 10 as much as we did the last block of ten and worry about the league table around mid April if we still have something to play for. I thought there was a bit of fear in how we played second half last night which is the first time I've thought that this season.

In Championship terms we are a small club and we're doing great. It gives me great pleasure to see these clubs who think they are going for a walk in the park getting turned over. The first half hour last night Southampton had no idea what had hit them. Let's hope everyone keeps expecting an easy game against us, but I fear we're about to start getting taken seriously.

I just hope that we don't start worrying about the league table - we need to simply enjoy this block of 10 as much as we did the last block of ten and worry about the league table around mid April if we still have something to play for. I thought there was a bit of fear in how we played second half last night which is the first time I've thought that this season.

Nibor - much as it galls me to say it but I'm begining to agree with most of your posts recently.This one is absolutely spot on. Well said.

The good thing is that we haven't even hit top gear yet and we are winning games against established championship sides. It's all alright for these teams to say they should beat us,but the fact is they didn't and we are 2nd in the league and not even at our best. Good times.

How do you know that we haven't hit top gear yet?

1 word

JELOUSY

if you spelt 'Jealousy' right, then this is psot of the season so far. :innocent06:

but seriously, this thread does make you think. Last season we was a big fish in a small pond. this season is the absolute opposite and the opposition managers and fans our absolutley hating it that we our doing well :winner_third_h4h:

My view to all of the above is GREAT...Sooner or later clubs will wake up to the fact that accidents don't last that long and we probably do deserve to be where we are. However in the mean time encourage the idea we are crap with these and other clubs...And let them wake up by themselves

GJ should slap those comments up all over the dressing room for the players to read...Exactly Rockinrobin21

Archived