IGNORED

Steve Brooker?

Dan Of The Dolman

he'll be better than Trundle and Byfield anyway.

? he might have a better right foot than Trundle, but his control is nowhere near these two lads. I personally don't think we'll get the chance to see if your proven right or wrong.

If we were to get an injury, god forbid, to either Truns or Byfield I think GJ might be in for a new striker in the Jan window. Don't think Brooks would be near match fitness even then.

Brooker at only 26, is in his prime and has the time to recover. He is also under contract until 2009

Byfield and Trundle are both 31 and are limited by time.

Brooker will always be 5 years younger than them and even if he takes another 2-3 months to hit top form he will only be 26. The team always looked more confident with Brooker leading the line and putting himself about. I for one will be happy to see his return in a City shirt.

Brooker at only 26, is in his prime and has the time to recover. He is also under contract until 2009

Brooker will always be 5 years younger than them and even if he takes another 2-3 months to hit top form he will only be 26. The team always looked more confident with Brooker leading the line and putting himself about. I for one will be happy to see his return in a City shirt.

good point not often considered. he might look 40 yers old but he's actually one of the younger forwards.

I know a fella who writes for the WDP and they have a bit this morning saying Brooker is progressing well and is pain free at last. The last time he played for the reserves the comeback was all too short-lived as we all know. The next one will tell us a lot. :pray:

When was the last time he lead the line? We have looked very confident without him this year.

The Brooker of 2005/6 would work wonders in this divsion. His positional play was superb, balls into feet weren't a problem, a working man's Peter Crouch. The sooner we get him back, the better.

Brooker is a great player who would be an automatic first team choice if fit. I don't think comparisons between him and Trundle / Byfield are helpful. They're fit and playing and he isn't.

The club will have to take a view on whether he is likely to fully recover and play a decent number of games each season. If he's not (and Stoke have one player who's played 12 games in 5 years) then he needs to be paid off as he's a luxury we can't afford.

I have zero medical knowledge so I'll leave it up to the doctors and SarahB to decide whether he is likely to be able to play enough games in the future.

When I first started watching City 2005-2006, Brooker was the player I rated most. Ye, he has been injured for a long time now but I don't see any reason why he carnt get back to that form he was in. I would'nt go as far as saying he is better then Trundle or Byfield but being 5 years younger then them (I think) he certinaly has the time to get there.

With Brooker back we will be a better team then we are now in my view.

People bang on about Brooker, and yes he was a VERY good player at League 1 level......however Championship? totally unproven, based on the jobs Trundle and Byfield are doing at the moment for the team, even when he gets fit he still has to get himself into the matchday squad, let alone the 1st team

People bang on about Brooker, and yes he was a VERY good player at League 1 level......however Championship? totally unproven, based on the jobs Trundle and Byfield are doing at the moment for the team, even when he gets fit he still has to get himself into the matchday squad, let alone the 1st team

True, but don't tell me you werent crapping yourself at the prospect of losing him to Norwich, Sheff Weds, whoever, regardless of whether it was true or not.

reading the reports on this i think we'll most definatly see him play again. GJ doesn't tend to speak out about players who are 'out in the old' (Keogh, Stewart & Bridges are examples) but he's been keen to be seen supporting Brooker. He signed him on for a new contact that he didn't have to summer before last, he plays him whenever possible and he has also worked with Brooker from a young age (Watford years) so knows the bloke. I think he just need to get fully (not half, not semi, but fully) fit before he gets introduced back in. i actually could understand the 'mental' side being difficult, but anyone who saw his post-op intereview on World can see he is just keen as mustard to get back to business and was actually very positive.

reading the reports on this i think we'll most definatly see him play again. GJ doesn't tend to speak out about players who are 'out in the old' (Keogh, Stewart & Bridges are examples) but he's been keen to be seen supporting Brooker. He signed him on for a new contact that he didn't have to summer before last, he plays him whenever possible and he has also worked with Brooker from a young age (Watford years) so knows the bloke. I think he just need to get fully (not half, not semi, but fully) fit before he gets introduced back in. i actually could understand the 'mental' side being difficult, but anyone who saw his post-op intereview on World can see he is just keen as mustard to get back to business and was actually very positive.

Good post.

For all his critics, he played injured last season and played his part in our promotion season despite being overlooked..

We went up by what, 3, 4 points?

He got a winner against Port Vale and it was his self made shot that hit the bar and fell to Williams for a tap in against Tranmere.

Thats contribution enough for me and I will applaud him for it when he's back.

I think that as far as mental fitness goes, Brooker is as strong as an ox, and let's face it, he's had plenty of challenging issues to put up with.

Time waits for no man in football, and if he was anything like a lost cause he'd be gone from BCFC or even out of the game.

First op and it's rehab clearly didn't go well, revised op and proper rehab appears to be working.

Brooker has said knee feels "a million times better than before" and once he starts striking a ball properly, which isn't far away, he'll be close to a comeback of some sort.

GJ can see it, Brooks can see it, to add a player of his calibre to the rest of the highly motivated squad will do no harm at all.

Good luck Brooks, good luck GJ let's hope for good news soon.

Don't see Brooker being good enough for this side at all. Great League 1 player, WHEN fit, but he aint so I cant see him getting back in, specially as he has NO Championship experience, and the rest of the squad has increasing experience, gained without him being among the team.

Don't see Brooker being good enough for this side at all. Great League 1 player, WHEN fit, but he aint so I cant see him getting back in, specially as he has NO Championship experience, and the rest of the squad has increasing experience, gained without him being among the team.

How can you say that? most of the current squad had no experience of Championship football at all before the season started.

Noble has only played a handfull of games but looks possibly the most adept at this level

Reserve judgement until a fully match fit Brooker has played half a dozen games at this level

How can you say that? most of the current squad had no experience of Championship football at all before the season started.

Noble has only played a handfull of games but looks possibly the most adept at this level

Reserve judgement until a fully match fit Brooker has played half a dozen games at this level

Oh yeah, a player with zero championship experience, who has lost a season, and a bit, due to injury, and his little spell in chokey is really going to make a difference.

Lee Trundle has not made a huge impact in this league yet, despite being fitter to start the season, and scoring more goals than Brooker over the last couple of seasons, seasons in which Brooker has not played a full season due to the knee injury. who is to say he will not break down with the same injury?

Oh by the way Noble is a better player than Brooker anyway.

Archived