IGNORED

Steve Brooker?

Dan Of The Dolman

I believe it is safe to ask this question as a certain somebody isn't around. What is the latest with Brooker's recovery just that things have been a bit quiet recently. Hopefully he will be in contention before xmas again as it gives us an option we are lacking at the moment.

You wont see Brooker in a City shirt again.

You wont see Brooker in a City shirt again.

Really? Somehow I doubt that. Care to expand on how you know this?

Last I heard was he's able to start full training in about a week but obviously getting to full fitness won't happen overnight. Hopefully we'll see him playing off the bench in December.

Would be a shame if the above statement was true we don't really have a striker who can rough up the opposistion with Enoch being out as well. Brooker and Trundle is a strike partnership that could really work. Although the pace of these 2 isn't great could work out so could Brooker and Byfield in a different way, we could adapt our play a bit more with Brooker back.

I believe it is safe to ask this question as a certain somebody isn't around. What is the latest with Brooker's recovery just that things have been a bit quiet recently. Hopefully he will be in contention before xmas again as it gives us an option we are lacking at the moment.

Steve is thoroughly focused on getting back.

Fine with me.

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

Absolutely priceless! I personally do not think Brooker will ever play for us again, shame really as i used to be a fan. Not now though, he'll never be fit again.

So he's gone from fans favorite, to being injured, possibly something that has jeoporadised his career, yet works tirelessly to get back into fitness but you now don't like him..

GOOD ONE.

:disapointed2se:

So he's gone from fans favorite, to being injured, possibly something that has jeoporadised his career, yet works tirelessly to get back into fitness but you now don't like him..

GOOD ONE.

fing right mate

The difference this season is we don't have to rush brooker back into the squad as we have strikers doing the business, Brooker WILL be back and better than ever i reckon, he will want to pay us all back for tanding by him, lets get behind him as hes a quality player.

If Brooker doesn't get fit soon then he may well have to move on. Would anyone put him into the team in the new year if the current encumbents are still playing well and we are in the top two? If we are then promoted is he good enough for the Premier league. Would love to see all our players fit and available but sadly brooks has been out a long time and he will have to work hard and get a bit of luck to play for City again if the team keeps improving at the rate it has been since GJ joined.

GOOD ONE.

Ok, i probably didn't word that post very well.

What i meant was, despite the fact that i am a fan of Brooker's, i strongly doubt that we'll ever see him in a Bristol City shirt again. I certainly didn't mean that now he's injured i don't like him!! Apologies.

However, this thread has a certain groundhog day element to it... :rolleyes::shifty:

Ok, i probably didn't word that post very well.

What i meant was, despite the fact that i am a fan of Brooker's, i strongly doubt that we'll ever see him in a Bristol City shirt again. I certainly didn't mean that now he's injured i don't like him!! Apologies.

However, this thread has a certain groundhog day element to it... :rolleyes::shifty:

Fair play.

I just cant believe the attitude of some people on here, this is a blokes career at stake here and to be perfectly honest I think if he ever gets back to top form he'll be better than Trundle and Byfield anyway.

Fair play.

I just cant believe the attitude of some people on here, this is a blokes career at stake here and to be perfectly honest I think if he ever gets back to top form he'll be better than Trundle and Byfield anyway.

Key word is highlighted.

That said, i agree with you. Brooker is (was?) a top striker and if he was fit he would be a huge asset to this team.

That's just it though isn't it? If...

• Admin
Fair play.

Agreed and if we continue to use the 4411 formation whenever Noble is available I don't think there's a better striker in the squad to play at the head of it (if he can recover his old game).

Archived