IGNORED

Our Support Is flipping Shit

tin

Sorry but tonight I thought the main reason for our defeat was us, the fans. That and Lee Johnson bottling a tackle on half way that led to the goal, that is.

Here we are, sat in our highest position for 30 or so years and those who attended sat back and expected it to be served up on plate. Well, for those of us there we barely made a noise.

GJ openly speaks up and urges the fans to be the twelth man and we needed it tonight, as in previous home games, against a side that were Premiership last season. Unless we collectively do something about this, especially when the team were as tired as it looked tonight, then we can expect a swift slide back to reality so sing the hell up. :ranting::city:

We were quiet I admit that, in the first half. In the second half we picked it up, but I think that was because we played a team that relied on diving, kicking, hacking down our players and the referee agreeing that all of it was OK.

We looked a little tired, a little out of sorts and poor in the final third.

Apart from that.....

MM

Nothing to do with the useless ref, and his failure to control the away team then

Less said about Danny Mills the better

Yeah the ref was shit but so what? We've still got to back the team to overcome things like that. For the first time at the Gate this season, a large propotion of our crowd did bugger all to back the team and I can't believe it given our position and the opposition we were playing tonight.

LJ was shocking tonight... again!

Yeah the ref was shit but so what? We've still got to back the team to overcome things like that. For the first time at the Gate this season, a large propotion of our crowd did bugger all to back the team and I can't believe it given our position and the opposition we were playing tonight.

LJ was shocking tonight... again!

I have to say i would agree with your comment 1st half, east end were the only stand making an effort. 2nd half though the atmosphere definately heated up, especially with the diabolical decisions the ref + his linesman were giving.

Wouldnt say LJ had his best game but i don't think we can pick out 1 player, the team as whole looked tired + lacked that belief in the final 3rd. Anyway heads up it's our first loss at the gate this season but we didnt let em have it easy. CTID :englandsmile4wf:

I must've been at a different game because that was the worst I'd seen in down there in ages. :noexpression:

I cant agree with that... worse for ages ???

thought the atmos in the 2nd half was good, bit quiet in the 1st half but i thought charlton were the better team

The 2nd half when we got going a bit, the crowd responded. Its the age old question of should the fans get the team going or should the team get the fans going

where were u sat ?

I must've been at a different game because that was the worst I'd seen in down there in ages. :noexpression:

I think you were

good game, between 2 teams one of which was in the prem last season, the other in league 1, both perfored very well in a scrappy, but committed game

I was half listening to it online, as the commentator was rather boring to listen to her waffle on about something. There didnt seem to be much crowd noise, only when a decision was given by the ref or a good bit of play. Other than that not much singing the odd song now and again. Much better than the chalton fans though i didnt hear them until they scored and even then was only just about heard.

I agree the atmosphere wasnt up to our high standards this season and neither was the performance on the pitch. When they scored and all those fans were leaving the dolman, we started singing 'your support is f-ing sh1t'

But I think we had to lose at home eventually...... We were unlucky to lose, but we've had some luck this season - so we should still he happy to be 3rd.

I agree the atmosphere wasnt up to our high standards this season and neither was the performance on the pitch. When they scored and all those fans were leaving the dolman, we started singing 'your support is f-ing sh1t'

But I think we had to lose at home eventually...... We were unlucky to lose, but we've had some luck this season - so we should still he happy to be 3rd.

There were people leaving the Dolman before they scored, it's hardly unusual and nothing to do with the goal. Singing that to your own fans is pretty bloody stupid.

I was pleased that many fans stayed in each stand to clap the players off, their commitment was worth it.

I think it must depend on where you were because for me there was a good atmosphere for all the second half and I could hear noise from all round. Even the old farts behind me were singing which is rare.

I didn't think our noise was that bad- but Lee Johnson was.

You joking?? Fair enough he didnt have his best game. But neither did noble when he came on. Elliot wasnt as dominating as normal! and orr was lucky to not of cost us a few goals when thomas kept turning him! How can you pick on lee for being the worst?? Some city fans are a fukin joke!! :bruce_h4h:

ha that was great.

i didnt think the atmosphere was too bad. Heard better, heard worse. The Charlton fans were awful though!

Have you not been to many other matches then? That was by far the quietest the gate has been all season!!

Every league game home and away except for Barnsley, just seemed round louder to me to especially in the 2nd half, must be where I was sat!.

Our home support has not been bad this season and whilst our away support in terms of numbers has been good the noise created (away from home) has not been that great.

There were people leaving the Dolman before they scored, it's hardly unusual and nothing to do with the goal. Singing that to your own fans is pretty bloody stupid.

bloody stupid? leaving because city went a goal down is bloody stupid!! Thats when the player need the support the most when we concede. How are the players supposed to keep there heads up when all the fans are leaving??

Every league game home and away except for Barnsley, just seemed round louder to me to especially in the 2nd half, must be where I was sat!.

Our home support has not been bad this season and whilst our away support in terms of numbers has been good the noise created (away from home) has not been that great.

Fair enough, just seemed different from where I was sat!

the trouble is unlike away games,city,s voiciferous fans are in the atyeo,east end and dolman.i sit in the williams,very quiet in there.

ashton gate hasn,t been the same since it,s been all-seater for atmosphere,i wouldn,t call it intimidating at all. remember the enclosure and the east end,now that was what you call an atmosphere,used to love singing dooby doo in the enclosure!!

and that was when we had a shit team!

Where do you sit to Tin?

I cant agree with that... worse for ages ???

thought the atmos in the 2nd half was good, bit quiet in the 1st half but i thought charlton were the better team

The 2nd half when we got going a bit, the crowd responded. Its the age old question of should the fans get the team going or should the team get the fans going

where were u sat ?

In my season ticket spot in the Atyeo block E, at the back. The atmosphere has been quality in there this season but it was like we were hosting someone like Port Vale or Chesterfield in there tonight, not Charlton. Shite!

bloody stupid? leaving because city went a goal down is bloody stupid!! Thats when the player need the support the most when we concede. How are the players supposed to keep there heads up when all the fans are leaving??

Noone left because City went a goal down. People are ALWAYS leaving the Dolman early because otherwise you wait 15 minutes after the whistle to get out. I don't do it, I don't like it, but it's been happening longer than I can remember.

Calling your own support shit is bloody stupid in every way especially when you clearly misunderstood what was happening.

We were quiet I admit that, in the first half. In the second half we picked it up, but I think that was because we played a team that relied on diving, kicking, hacking down our players and the referee agreeing that all of it was OK.

We looked a little tired, a little out of sorts and poor in the final third.

Apart from that.....

MM

Never mind the countless times they beat our defenders and we did exactly the same, and i seem to recall us doing it first. Noble anyone?

Tonight was shocking for me in many ways.

I sat in a row full of complete #######s who moaned all game right from the first wrong thing we did, they found it funny that someone else was taken away in an ambulance from the dolman (I'm sorry but its not funny no matter how much of a coincedence it is!)

The flaming food counter in the williams stand, is there any point it being there? They never have what you want, i mean how the ###### hell can you be out of cheese BEFORE half time?!?! Or how about "Sorry you can only order if you've got the correct change because we havent got enough" WTF?!?!

Lets not go into why the hell did GJ bring noble on for trundle.... Byfield looked absolutely shattered, McIndoe was losing it, Sproule was hardly in the game and he's got Murray on the bench, or bring noble on for LJ who had a poor game at times. And why McCombe on at the end and not Murray?

Archived