IGNORED

Noble Or Trundle To Start At Ipswich?

Robbored

Personally I'd like to see Noble start instead of Trundle.

Noble is the best footballer currently at City and we only have to see what a difference he made on Tuesday night.The second half pressure that City created came after the introduction of Noble.

It means playing one up front but Noble is so creative and skillfull that he warrants a start imo.

The only stumbling block is Nobles' fitness. He hasn't yet managed a run of games so might not last the full 90 - but with Trundle on the bench he could come on as an impact player as he did at Norwich.

Both could play - either by resting Byfield in a 4411 or LJ if we want a 442.

On last performance I'd say LJ needs a rest more than Trundle but I'm not convinced that Noble can last long enough if we play him in the middle just yet.

It's worth bearing in mind that Noble starting is pretty much a guaranteed substitution and he can also be an impact player.

GJ will most likely go unchanged I think.

I think we'll go in unchanged citing Noble's match fitness for the reason.

I think we'll either lose or play badly until Noble comes on. And it'll be back to 4-5-1 starting after the international break provided Noble doesn't get injured again.

Noble is the best footballer currently at City and we only have to see what a difference he made on Tuesday night.The second half pressure that City created came after the introduction of Noble.

It means playing one up front but Noble is so creative and skillfull that he warrants a start imo.

The only stumbling block is Nobles' fitness. He hasn't yet managed a run of games so might not last the full 90 - but with Trundle on the bench he could come on as an impact player as he did at Norwich.

Nobes to start for me.

IMO I think we have played some of our best football when Noble has been in the team and if fit should def start with Byfield up top.

As you said Robbored Trundle would be a great impact player to bring on later in the game.

I would go for Noble. I would say he is easily one of our best players and we play so much better with him in the team. If he carnt make the whole match then it would be brilliant to have a player of Trunds quality to come on off the bench.

Having said that, I wouldnt be surprised if Johnson chose Trundle. I just feel that if he can get a goal he will go on a scoring run and maybe Johnson thinks the same?

I would go for Noble. I would say he is easily one of our best players and we play so much better with him in the team. If he carnt make the whole match then it would be brilliant to have a player of Trunds quality to come on off the bench.

Having said that, I wouldnt be surprised if Johnson chose Trundle. I just feel that if he can get a goal he will go on a scoring run and maybe Johnson thinks the same?

Fair point, if LT gets 1 goal he might go on a run. But i don't think GJ will pick a team just to help Trundle get his goalscoring boots on, he will pick a team that he thinks is best to get us the 3 points

Big fan of Nobes, best "Footballer" at the club i reckon, so would be happier if he starts. I think he is more capable of providing the types of balls that Trundle needs to be fed, mainly as he is playing in the hole. Also, he can retain the ball very well, has the option of dropping deeper when needed, which helps our defensive play. I think this has been our most effective formation in this league so far.

Both could play - either by resting Byfield in a 4411 or LJ if we want a 442.

On last performance I'd say LJ needs a rest more than Trundle but I'm not convinced that Noble can last long enough if we play him in the middle just yet.

It's worth bearing in mind that Noble starting is pretty much a guaranteed substitution and he can also be an impact player.

GJ will most likely go unchanged I think.

As it's away at the CCC's best home team, I would think 4-4-1-1, with Byfield starting.

I can't see LJ being dropped.

Has to be Nobes and Byefield 4 me

We seem to play our best football with Noble 'in the hole' and if hes not fit enough to last 90 minutes then would rather see him start, as we have been slow starters in the 1st half in a lot of recent games (Charlton, Wolves).

Agree that Trundle could prove an excellent impact player from the bench atm. Most people seem 2 b of the opinion that he is taking time 2 adjust 2 having less time and space in the CCC, so hopefully once the game opens up he'll find more space in the later stages of games

Was it Nobles introduction alone, or the fact we had equal numbers in midfield?

Couldn't Trundle play this role?

Will Noble get fit AND stay fit?

Indeed, Charlton switched to 442 about the same time bringing Varney on.

I think an unchanged side is most likely due to Noble's lack of fitness but I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see him in place of either striker or LJ.

It should be 4-4-1-1 but I'd go for Noble with Trundle up front.

I'd like to see those two have some time on the pitch together.

Having said that, Trundle and Byfield did very well in the last away game at Wolves so if Noble isn't up for starting the game, I'm comfortable with those two up top in a 4-4-2.

I think I agree with you :dunno:

I'd go 4-4-1-1 AND I'd go with Noble and Trundle up front. Noble drops back into midfield when they have the ball.

Noble is easily the most intelligent player and I'd really liek to see him feeding Trundle on the each of their box.

People seem to be forgetting that Byfield looked knackered on Tuesday night so a rest is overdue.

I can't believe people are seriously thinking of leaving out Byfield, as he was by far the most effective out of the 3 of him, Trundle and Noble in midweek.

To me Noble was nothing special when he came on, booked almost immediately for a poor tackle after giving away possession, followed by two very poor passes, however Trundle's performance was even worse, totally anonymous and completely marked out of it by Sodje.

My guess is that Noble will start tomorrow in a 4-4-1-1 but as he doesn't seem able to do 90 minutes Trundle will then be on for him at some stage.

I don't get this whole Trundle thing now.. Trundle should no way start.. GJ knows his strongest attacking lineup to start matches, and its been proven it does not involve trundle the league 1 player who is finding it hard adapting to life int he championship.. Byfield and Noble should start and I'm sorry to bring this up but why has Jevons not even been given a chance?

I can't believe people are seriously thinking of leaving out Byfield, as he was by far the most effective out of the 3 of him, Trundle and Noble in midweek.

To me Noble was nothing special when he came on, booked almost immediately for a poor tackle after giving away possession, followed by two very poor passes, however Trundle's performance was even worse, totally anonymous and completely marked out of it by Sodje.

My guess is that Noble will start tomorrow in a 4-4-1-1 but as he doesn't seem able to do 90 minutes Trundle will then be on for him at some stage.

I know, its crazy when you look at the effort the guy puts in. Playing this formation does not suit Trundle as he hasn't got the stamina to play this role. Trundle will tire, and fade out of the game which means we will have no outlet.

Welll, it's all about opinions.

I think Johnson is itching to get Trundle and Noble on the pitch.

If Noble is fit to play from the start, I'm sure that Trundle will also start.

If Johnson is itching to get Noble and Trundle on the pitch, why hasn't he did it before? Unless Byfield is suffering from his recent excersions, he will, and should start.

TBH I don't think it will make much difference if Nobes and LT are on the pitch at the same time, if Trundle can't cope with having 2-3 defenders around him

Whatever anybodys views are I think that GJ will start with the same side that started the last game and in doing so not start Noble. In my honest opinion I believe that Noble is too good a player to leave out of the side however he is not match fit yet so another start on the bench will probably be the case. If GJ deems him to be fit I think he will start the match because like someone posted he is one of if not the best footballer in the side and adds that bit of quality and presence.

In regards to Trundle I also think he is worthy of a starting place and as I have said on here before he is a confidence player who thrives at getting the ball to his feet in the right areas. The last few games the team has not managed to master this because sides have dealt with Lee as a priority, giving him little of what he likes best. The ball at his feet in and around the box.

Imo Trundle has done nothing wrong he has just not been able to live up tp the expectations of him. Not through any fault of his own but through the way teams play against him and in some cases how we utilise him in our tactics.

On the other hand I think Byfield is also worthy of a start. Up to GJ and this will hinge on Noble's match fitness.

Interesting nevertheless...

Come on you Reds!

Clevedon Red :englandsmile4wf:

Whatever anybodys views are I think that GJ will start with the same side that started the last game and in doing so not start Noble. In my honest opinion I believe that Noble is too good a player to leave out of the side however he is not match fit yet so another start on the bench will probably be the case. If GJ deems him to be fit I think he will start the match because like someone posted he is one of if not the best footballer in the side and adds that bit of quality and presence.

In regards to Trundle I also think he is worthy of a starting place and as I have said on here before he is a confidence player who thrives at getting the ball to his feet in the right areas. The last few games the team has not managed to master this because sides have dealt with Lee as a priority, giving him little of what he likes best. The ball at his feet in and around the box.

Imo Trundle has done nothing wrong he has just not been able to live up tp the expectations of him. Not through any fault of his own but through the way teams play against him and in some cases how we utilise him in our tactics.

On the other hand I think Byfield is also worthy of a start. Up to GJ and this will hinge on Noble's match fitness.

Interesting nevertheless...

Come on you Reds!

Clevedon Red :englandsmile4wf:

You make some good points. We don't look comfortable playing 442 TBH. If Noble is fit, he should start. I am flabbergasted that you have said that LT's start to the season is not of his own doing :noexpression: Managers in this division single out players that might cause them problems, welcome to the big league. If Trundle has the talent, he should be able to get around this. Case in point Ronaldo, he must be the most marked player in any division, but how often does it affect his game? Obviously I am not saying he is any were as good as Ronaldo, but just using an example.

Then you are blaming the tactics, which come from the messiah GJ. So is GJ the blame for Lee not being as effective as we expect him to be?

In the interviews Lee has given, he has admitted his form was not up to scratch and that he has come of the pitch dissapointed with his peformances. So I think really its time for the excuses to stop. Unless Trundle can find away around the attention he gets in a game, he will continue to be ineffective.

If two players are competing to start my preference would be that the one more hard working should start.

In this case non of them are sticking in but I would start with Noble.

Fat and fourtysix I would still work harder than Trundle.

The Noble and Trundle partnership will happen sometime but tbh i just don't think that Trundle is the right choice to play as a lone front man. You need to have someone up there who has a good work rate, is going to chase every ball and pressure defenders when they have it and i don't think Trundle would suit that role.

Personally I'de like to see Noble start instead of LJ, and keep Trundle and Byfield in front of him.

When GJ took over, we lost 9 matches, were down the wrong end of division 1 and struggling. City then went on a great run of form and narrowly missed the play offs. We managed this by controlling the midfield with, guess who. Noble, Skuse and Russell. LJ was brought in with Noble and Skuse dropping down the pecking order. Add some injuries and Noble and Skuse have not been regular starters since their successful half season in the midfield.

Now we have the Elliot equation and competition is even harder. However, given that plenty of you rate Noble as one of our best, imo he deserves a go in his successful midfield position. Give LJ a rest with Noble getting a chance with Elliot in the midfield and behind Trundle and Byfield.

Bristol Boy mentions that LJ will not be dropped. Not dropped, but on the bench whilst we look at the options on the field. Did I not hear it was a squad game.

The Noble and Trundle partnership will happen sometime but tbh i just don't think that Trundle is the right choice to play as a lone front man. You need to have someone up there who has a good work rate, is going to chase every ball and pressure defenders when they have it and i don't think Trundle would suit that role.

I said that.....post19 :innocent06:

Archived