IGNORED

Noble Or Trundle To Start At Ipswich?

Robbored

Personally I'de like to see Noble start instead of LJ, and keep Trundle and Byfield in front of him.

When GJ took over, we lost 9 matches, were down the wrong end of division 1 and struggling. City then went on a great run of form and narrowly missed the play offs. We managed this by controlling the midfield with, guess who. Noble, Skuse and Russell. LJ was brought in with Noble and Skuse dropping down the pecking order. Add some injuries and Noble and Skuse have not been regular starters since their successful half season in the midfield.

Now we have the Elliot equation and competition is even harder. However, given that plenty of you rate Noble as one of our best, imo he deserves a go in his successful midfield position. Give LJ a rest with Noble getting a chance with Elliot in the midfield and behind Trundle and Byfield.

Bristol Boy mentions that LJ will not be dropped. Not dropped, but on the bench whilst we look at the options on the field. Did I not hear it was a squad game.

Well, drop LJ for a little rest, bring in skuse, play noble and Byfield up front :innocent06:

Trundle covers more ground and pressures defenders much, much harder than Noble ever has.

And where did this crap about Trundle lacking stamina come from? That's just rubbish.

Byfield would be doing that wouldn't he?

Are you telling me that Trundle contribute the same amount as Byfield? :noexpression:

Its not rubbish, its an OPINION :innocent06:

The only game I can think of where the opportunity arose was Southampton - where GJ started Byfield with Noble, which worked a treat in the first half to be fair, and I've no problem at all with whoever GJ selects.

Other games have seen Noble either injured or coming back from injury.

I just think that GJ is a purist who would like to see two potential match winners in the side - as well as the unpredictable McIndoe and Sproule.

I'd like to see it too - it's a long long time since I've seen this much talent and desire from a City team and long may it continue.

I'll drink to that :innocent06:

Byfield would be doing that wouldn't he?

Are you telling me that Trundle contribute the same amount as Byfield? :noexpression:

In terms of how hard they close down defenders? Yes.

Results? No, Byfield has one more goal.

If you want defenders closed down and workrate, why are you advocating Noble in for Trundle? Makes no sense!

Its not rubbish, its an OPINION :innocent06:

Please enlighten me on what your opinion of Trundle's stamina is based on.

I really can't see what possible basis there could be for it.

In terms of how hard they close down defenders? Yes.

Results? No, Byfield has one more goal.

If you want defenders closed down and workrate, why are you advocating Noble in for Trundle? Makes no sense!

Please enlighten me on what your opinion of Trundle's stamina is based on.

I really can't see what possible basis there could be for it.

What are you on about?? Seriously :noexpression: What you have wrotemakes no sense Nibs

Trundles never been the fittest has he :yawn:

What are you on about?? Seriously :noexpression: What you have wrotemakes no sense Nibs

It's quite simple.

Trundle chases defenders down just as much as Byfield does and has worked very hard in every game I've seen him in.

Noble has never chased a defender down in his life and can barely last half a game.

Yet you're saying that Trundle doesn't work hard enough, has no stamina and you want Noble in the side in front of him?

What exactly are you basing your opinion that Trundle doesn't have enough stamina on? A report in the Mirror written by someone else who hasn't even seen the game?

Anyone would think you had an axe to grind...

I'm not advocating Noble in for Trundle because of workrate. What I'm saying is Noble should play but with Byfield upfront not Trundle

I was making a point to the other belfast, not yourself.

However, since you're asking - for what reason do you think Trundle lacks the workrate and doesn't close defenders down enough? Because from what I've seen he does it as much as Byfield.

I was making a point to the other belfast, not yourself.

However, since you're asking - for what reason do you think Trundle lacks the workrate and doesn't close defenders down enough? Because from what I've seen he does it as much as Byfield.

Well from what ive seen Byfield does the job better than Trundle, so thats my reason.

It's quite simple.

Trundle chases defenders down just as much as Byfield does and has worked very hard in every game I've seen him in.

Noble has never chased a defender down in his life and can barely last half a game.

Yet you're saying that Trundle doesn't work hard enough, has no stamina and you want Noble in the side in front of him?

What exactly are you basing your opinion that Trundle doesn't have enough stamina on? A report in the Mirror written by someone else who hasn't even seen the game?

Anyone would think you had an axe to grind...

No you have got this all wrong, I want Noble in the side for the simple reason that I feel we function better away from home playing 4-4-1-1.

What is it with you Nibor? I am on here trying to have a discussion about ptomorrows game and you keep bringing in childish comments about the fact that I live in Belfast :disapointed2se:

I feel Byfield workrate is far better that Trundles, at least he doesnt spend his time throing himself on the floor looking for freekicks etc

Belfast City you to make some good and valid points but I would just like to point out that I'm not blaming GJ at all for the lack of form shown from LT just simply stating that the way we play our game does not suit his needs in order to get the best out of him. I agree it is time to stop giving excuses but it is also time to start looking at ways of changing problems. Your comment about Ronaldo is true. But all I would say on that is United use him as their main attacking resource wheras Trundle fits into a gameplan.

By no means am I blaming GJ! The bloke is a genious!

You are also right in saying that 4-4-2 is not always the right option although we have to set up a pattern that will stop teams from playing and not always to allow us more freedom around the park.

Clevedon Red

Well from what ive seen Byfield does the job better than Trundle, so thats my reason.

Really? Out of interest - which games? Because I really haven't got that impression at all.

But that aside, if you think closing defenders down is important then why not play both Byfield and Trundle so they can both do it? Because Noble never has and unless something miraculous happens with respect to his fitness never will.

Both. Drop Byfield and play Trundle up on his own with Nobes in the hole.

Noble plays it along the ground which suits Trundle down to the ground and lets see what he can do with someone hitting into feet for him for once.

But trundle playing as a lone striker, with 2-3 defenders on him IMO will not work. Yes well hit his feet, but will he beat the defence. Has not had much luck so far

Belfast City you to make some good and valid points but I would just like to point out that I'm not blaming GJ at all for the lack of form shown from LT just simply stating that the way we play our game does not suit his needs in order to get the best out of him. I agree it is time to stop giving excuses but it is also time to start looking at ways of changing problems. Your comment about Ronaldo is true. But all I would say on that is United use him as their main attacking resource wheras Trundle fits into a gameplan.

By no means am I blaming GJ! The bloke is a genious!

You are also right in saying that 4-4-2 is not always the right option although we have to set up a pattern that will stop teams from playing and not always to allow us more freedom around the park.

Clevedon Red

Fair shout.

Didn't say yu were blaming the messiah, but if the tactics don't suit Lee then GJ should change them. But should we change them to try and get the best out of one player?

No you have got this all wrong, I want Noble in the side for the simple reason that I feel we function better away from home playing 4-4-1-1.

Ah yes, so you're going to ignore the obvious contradiction then.

What is it with you Nibor? I am on here trying to have a discussion about ptomorrows game and you keep bringing in childish comments about the fact that I live in Belfast :disapointed2se:

I feel Byfield workrate is far better that Trundles, at least he doesnt spend his time throing himself on the floor looking for freekicks etc

I don't give a shit where you live to be honest.

If you were saying "I'd leave Trundle out because he hasn't scored as many as I'd hoped" I wouldn't be arguing the point because goals are quite obvious facts whether you watch a game or not - though he's only one behind Byfield and has looked more like scoring than Byfield too.

But you're slating his workrate, attitude and fitness and making sarcy comments about how he "creates space for other" and the fact is that it's completely impossible to have a clue about those things unless you've watched him. Commentators never comment on movement off the ball and ratings in the tabloids by reporters who never left their Kensington pads simply are not enough to back up the dozens of posts you've made slating the guy.

Please, explain WHY you feel Byfield's workrate is better than Trundle's?

Really? Out of interest - which games? Because I really haven't got that impression at all.

But that aside, if you think closing defenders down is important then why not play both Byfield and Trundle so they can both do it? Because Noble never has and unless something miraculous happens with respect to his fitness never will.

What are you on about??? i am talking about playing 4411 tomorrow because when we play this formation we seem to play better, with noble in the hole and Byyfield up top for his workrate. Not once have i said that Noble has a good workrate

What are you on about??? i am talking about playing 4411 tomorrow because when we play this formation we seem to play better, with noble in the hole and Byyfield up top for his workrate. Not once have i said that Noble has a good workrate

You seemed to be implying that closing down defenders and workrate up front was important, so I was asking you a simple question - why not play 442 and have TWO players doing that job?

Noble could always play in Johnson's place - well for half an hour anyway!

You seemed to be implying that closing down defenders and workrate up front was important, so I was asking you a simple question - why not play 442 and have TWO players doing that job?

Noble could always play in Johnson's place - well for half an hour anyway!

I don't think we should play 442. My opinion is we should play 4411 tomorrow because when we do we play well. now when you play 4411 the lone striker needs to have a good workrate because if he doesnt then their defenders will have an easy game and start coming out with the ball or pick passes which maybe they wouldn't if they were being closed down. I feel that Byfield is best suited for this role. Do you understand??

Ah yes, so you're going to ignore the obvious contradiction then.

I don't give a shit where you live to be honest.

If you were saying "I'd leave Trundle out because he hasn't scored as many as I'd hoped" I wouldn't be arguing the point because goals are quite obvious facts whether you watch a game or not - though he's only one behind Byfield and has looked more like scoring than Byfield too.

But you're slating his workrate, attitude and fitness and making sarcy comments about how he "creates space for other" and the fact is that it's completely impossible to have a clue about those things unless you've watched him. Commentators never comment on movement off the ball and ratings in the tabloids by reporters who never left their Kensington pads simply are not enough to back up the dozens of posts you've made slating the guy.

Please, explain WHY you feel Byfield's workrate is better than Trundle's?

Have you been drinking you mad man???

Contridiction, enlighten me Mr 5000+ posts?

I don't slate him, but 3 goals in fifteen is shit mate. You have a real attitude Nibor. Must be be right all the time? Everybodys wrong but King Nibor is right.

Comentators never comment on movement of the ball, they do if it amounts to something. Theres no point running around like a headless chicken, falling over and over elaborating if there is no end product.

Byfield works hard too but has not been scoring to freely either, this is why I would like to see Brooker get back to fitness, jevo given a chance. If not, go out and buy someone in January.

I'll look froward to your pompus response :disapointed2se:

Have you been drinking you mad man???

Contridiction, enlighten me Mr 5000+ posts?

I don't slate him, but 3 goals in fifteen is shit mate. You have a real attitude Nibor. Must be be right all the time? Everybodys wrong but King Nibor is right.

Comentators never comment on movement of the ball, they do if it amounts to something. Theres no point running around like a headless chicken, falling over and over elaborating if there is no end product.

Byfield works hard too but has not been scoring to freely either, this is why I would like to see Brooker get back to fitness, jevo given a chance. If not, go out and buy someone in January.

I'll look froward to your pompus response :disapointed2se:

The only attitude I have is one that finds how you're making hundreds of posts slating Trundle without watching him play and without backing up any of those "opinions" and on the other hand having a pop at anyone who criticises Lee Johnson to be both hugely hypocritical and very amusing.

It seems that you're upset just because I asked you what the reasons were for your slating of Trundle's workrate and stamina. I guess I hit a nerve, sorry about that chap, I thought that part of debating an opinion was trying to understand the reasons for it but I guess that's harder when someone isn't willing to explain them.

I don't think we should play 442. My opinion is we should play 4411 tomorrow because when we do we play well. now when you play 4411 the lone striker needs to have a good workrate because if he doesnt then their defenders will have an easy game and start coming out with the ball or pick passes which maybe they wouldn't if they were being closed down. I feel that Byfield is best suited for this role. Do you understand??

I've already told you I understand, I was asking you a different question...

Given a choice between Byfield or Trundle I feel it's a complete toss up because neither has scored many and any slight extra workrate Byfield has is countered by Trundle's ability outside the box but we're not limited to that choice. We've played 442 in the majority of our games this season and got some outstanding results.

The contradiction lies where you suggest that Noble, who's the very definition of unfit should come in, while advocating that Trundle is dropped for said reason. Because you haven't managed to articulate your reasons for this properly we ensued a pointless argument where you'd probably agree with Nibor if you just thought about what he's actually asking/suggesting.

I incidentally agree that Byfield should be picked as the one up front and that we should play 4-5-1. Not that he works any more than LT23 it's just his style stretches play more and that he covers more ground because he's physically quicker. But then of course you can turn it around and go for putting him on the bench as an impact player for the same reasons.

I don't really understand why Trundle hasn't been asked/perhaps isn't capable of performing the "Noble" attacking midfield role.

I don't really understand why Trundle hasn't been asked/perhaps isn't capable of performing the "Noble" attacking midfield role.

Exactly.

Trundle is almost as clever on the ball and has just as good vision as Noble, he's fitter and he can shoot. I do wonder why he doesn't play deeper so he can get a ball to feet, but I think that's down to someone needing to make a target for Lee Johnson to chip the ball at.

Archived