IGNORED

Johnson Out!

Alex_BCFC

Not Gary but Lee of course.

Now before you start jumping all over me, he wasn't the only reason we lost today. Ipswich outclassed us and cut through us easily.

BUT this guy isn't good enough for The Championship. I didn't rate him that highly in League 1 but he offers little in this league. He is meant to be a creative midfielder but doesn't do anything. Today we created nothing. I can only presume Noble was injured at half-time as I was shocked he went off- he looked like the only guy likely to cause them a problem.

LJ also gave the ball away so many times today under little pressure. Now you might say that is only one game but this has gone on all season. When is he going to get dropped?! He has had about 2 reasonable games in 15 and it isn't good enough.

Sorry Gary- great manager but you're son just doesn't cut it in this league.

Now before you start jumping all over me, he wasn't the only reason we lost today. Ipswich outclassed us and cut through us easily.

BUT this guy isn't good enough for The Championship. I didn't rate him that highly in League 1 but he offers little in this league. He is meant to be a creative midfielder but doesn't do anything. Today we created nothing. I can only presume Noble was injured at half-time as I was shocked he went off- he looked like the only guy likely to cause them a problem.

LJ also gave the ball away so many times today under little pressure. Now you might say that is only one game but this has gone on all season. When is he going to get dropped?! He has had about 2 reasonable games in 15 and it isn't good enough.

By the sounds of it you were there today,and i was not so cannot comment on LJ today.

However personally think you are being harsh on him,LJ has had many a good game unfortunatly he is not a ball winning midfielder,more a play maker this he has done in many a game creating goals and chances this season and last.

He does seem to build the team around him and our million pound man gets dropped

to make way for another midfielder, ok LJ is not a bad player but he is inconsistant

and in the center of midfield it will cost you, but i agree others have had poor games

and have paid the price but lee does not, a rest here and there will do him good,

mabe next game we could see noble there and trundle upfront as the part of trundles

problem is he has to come in deep to get the ball from midfield.

By the sounds of it you were there today,and i was not so cannot comment on LJ today.

However personally think you are being harsh on him,LJ has had many a good game unfortunatly he is not a ball winningmidfielder,more a play maker this he has done in many a game creating goals and chances this season and last.

I don't expect him to win the ball- that wasn't the point of my post. But I also don't expect him to give the ball away so cheaply. I can't remember exactly but I'm sure he cost us a goal or two today through his poor passing- would be good if someone could confirm this.

We are not creating chances right now- there is a reason for that. Our so called playmaker doesn't cut it.

However personally think you are being harsh on him,LJ has had many a good game unfortunatly he is not a ball winning midfielder,more a play maker this he has done in many a game creating goals and chances this season and last.

I was there, have not been a Lee Johnson hater but have to endorse his opinion. Ipswich are a top side and I am certain will feature in the promotion shake out and Lee just wasn't at the races against them. Physivcally he was outmuscled throughout but it was when he had the ball that he was at his most dangerous because he put under pressure far too often with the wrong choice of pass, dwelling o the ball and getting caught of just giving the ball away with overoptimistic passes. His losing the ball cost 2 perhaps 3 of the gaols today.

It may be that to many players didn't perfrom today, but sadly lee stood out by a country mile as a very weak link. Looked short of confidence and might be a god time to rest him and try a different option.

• Admin
I don't expect him to win the ball- that wasn't the point of my post. But I also don't expect him to give the ball away so cheaply. I can't remember exactly but I'm sure he cost us a goal or two today through his poor passing- would be good if someone could confirm this.

We are not creating chances right now- there is a reason for that. Our so called playmaker doesn't cut it.

Correct. Either the 3rd or 4th was as a result of him back-flicking it to their player.

He is in the team for his passing and I'm afraid today this was WAY off target. Why Noble went off ahead of him I have no idea, and again this comes from a poster who is normally accused of being an "LJ Apologist".

I actually think he has been player better this year than last but maybe that has been down to Marvin's performances. At this level we can't afford to carry someone who can't tackle or head. Not much pace I'm afraid although he does get around the pitch and support the man in posession - who would swap him though for another Elliott...

To be fair there weren't many positives today.

alex is spot on, he cost us 2 goals today .......

and i don't think i've seen him win a 50/50 tackle this season

How predictable.

Marvin Elliott also gave the ball away for at least one of their goals. Noble didnt look at his best either. And Jamie McAllister was shocking. I don't think there was one city player today who can walk away saying they had a good game. So, why are we singling out Lee Johnson again ?

If you drop Lee Johnson, who are you going to play there instead ? David Noble ? Even if he was fit I can't see him working hard to win back the ball.

Lee Johnson isnt in the side because he's the managers son. He's in the side because he's a good player who can do things others can't (and perhaps just as important, he does things others won't). Gary Johnson isnt stupid and he picks the side he thinks will win football matches.

Has nobody else noticed how much LJ gets given the ball, with the expectation that every ball will be some wonder-ball ? He's going to get caught out on occasions. And not every pass will be inch perfect. But, if he's not there, who's going to control the game for us ?

I just can't believe how blinkered some people are. There were plenty of balls going astray today.

But, I never heard anyone shout "get off Noble !" or "rubbish McAllister !"

All you ever hear is people giving Lee Johnson stick.

Surely, that can't be right ? Can it ?

How predictable.

Marvin Elliott also gave the ball away for at least one of their goals. Noble didnt look at his best either. And Jamie McAllister was shocking. I don't think there was one city player today who can walk away saying they had a good game. So, why are we singling out Lee Johnson again ?

If you drop Lee Johnson, who are you going to play there instead ? David Noble ? Even if he was fit I can't see him working hard to win back the ball.

Lee Johnson isnt in the side because he's the managers son. He's in the side because he's a good player who can do things others can't (and perhaps just as important, he does things others won't). Gary Johnson isnt stupid and he picks the side he thinks will win football matches.

Has nobody else noticed how much LJ gets given the ball, with the expectation that every ball will be some wonder-ball ? He's going to get caught out on occasions. And not every pass will be inch perfect. But, if he's not there, who's going to control the game for us ?

I just can't believe how blinkered some people are. There were plenty of balls going astray today.

Idiot - doesn't matter who his father is he isn't playing well enough, not just today. It's a pity because I think he has had a very good early start to the season. No player should have a devine right to the shirt though - Murray, Wilson, Trundle, Skuse, McCombe all regulars who have had to spend time out of the side.

I couldn't care less if the guy was the manager's ex-wife. As long as they perform then fine. LJ isn't good enough for this league.

Maybe he just needs time to settle in :innocent06:

Lets face it, the past few games we seem to be under the cosh for the first 20-30 minutes. On this occasion, we came up against a side that doesn't waste chances.

We need to come out of the blocks a lot quicker when we play the foxes :fingerscrossed:

I couldn't care less if the guy was the manager's ex-wife. As long as they perform then fine. LJ isn't good enough for this league.

I think LJ is plenty good enough for this division, he always shows for the ball and trys to make a positive pass, as an ATTACKING midfielder thats what he is there to do.

Who would you put in his place as you cant play Skuse or Marv together as if you did our strikers would get about 3 touches a game.

The same Lee Johnson has played in the majority of our games this season!

Scored our first goal of this campaign.

Today was an off day for more than LJ. Perhaps reality of being in the Championship is coming to our team. We've had a good start to the season and possibly got a few results that we didn't expect.

Lets hope that 2 weeks from now we can be back here praising LJs contribution to a victory over Leicester :fingerscrossed:

Correct. Either the 3rd or 4th was as a result of him back-flicking it to their player.

He is in the team for his passing and I'm afraid today this was WAY off target. Why Noble went off ahead of him I have no idea, and again this comes from a poster who is normally accused of being an "LJ Apologist".

Johnson gives away possession

Richard Hoskin, commentating for BBC Radio Bristol, seemed to quote the aforementioned phrase rather a lot. He also mentioned that Noble didn't appear to be injured at the interval, which doen't explain why Johnson stayed on. Unless....

Johnson gives away posession

Richard Hoskin, commentating for BBC Radio Bristol, seemed to quote the aforementioned phrase rather a lot. He also mentioned that Noble didn't appear to be injured at the interval, which doen't explain why Johnson stayed on. Unless....

I don't think Johnson thinks that Noble can withstand 90 minutes which is why he keeps Lee on the field. To be fair he had a mare of a game today and gave needless passes away.

How predictable.

went to a different game to me then mate

mcindoe aside Noble was the only person who was going to create anything. He put a lot of nice balls to sproule's feet in space or balls for him to run in. Ok sproule didnt do nothing with them but didnt see elliott or johnson do that

johnson didnt have any positive effect on todays game, ok again i agree elliott did give the ball away and didnt have the best afternoon's, he's not superman and isnt going to be man of the match every week

johnson bottles tackles, tries stupid flicks in stupid places, and goes hiding for large periods of games. he certainly should not have stayed on ahead of noble today (unless noble was injured, i don't know)

I'm not a lee johnson hater, as when he plays well he is good and is a good passer of the ball and also keeps possession. These games though are not frequent enough for him to start and play 90mins every week

McCallister got a pasting today, it didnt help him playing a large part of the game on a yellow for stupidly abusing the linesman

So Macca and Orr both suspended for Leicester and Carey possibly inj

Now are season starts....

I have to say that the obvious BOTTLING OUT of tackles by LJ is beginning to annoy me big time. Especially when it put us in trouble (such as the goal against Burnley that arose as a direct consequence of a half hearted tackle). That is unacceptable. I don't expect him to WIN tackles, just put in enough of a challenge to make it awkward for the other player. And today, it sounds like the other negative side of his game that can creep in, the tendency to try the Hollywood pass/flick has cost us twice. I feel LJ needs to be rested, just like Sproule, Byfield and Trundle have been this season. Hopefully we can then put him back in, freshened up, and his performances will get back to the level we need.

Just as an aside, is there any news on Brooker or has he retired?

Shortly after GJ took over we had a 9 game losing streak. However not long after the shake down we dominated most games in the second half of the season and went close to the play offs.

That great run was achieved with a midfield of Noble, Skuse and Russell. Now, Russell at 34 is on loan, Skuse is no longer a regular starter and LJ has assumed Nobles old role. To be fair Noble has had time off with injuries and LJ has managed an average job with the occasional good game. IMO Noble is bigger and better than LJ and should be selected in the midfield with Elliot. Elliot by the way could be forgiven for some form lapses, as he has to carry the load for two in midfield and you can bet he knows it.

We can all offer our opinions, but GJ sees the players every match and training day and is seeing LJ's form differently. I for one would like to see Noble and Elliot tried in the midfield with Trundle and Byfield up front. Last season LJ produced "some" match winning performances, but not enough of them to convince me he would consistantly benefit the side in the Championship. This season has been average to below average and with a third of the season already gone LJ has had more than a fair go.

The fans enjoy players with 90 minutes of passion in the red shirt, players like Carey, Orr and Mcindoe. If LJ could show some of that, he would get far more support.

I disagree, Johnson is cut out for this league, he showed this against Wolves over a week ago. A lot of credit should also go out for LJ for our promotion. The lad may be small but he is a mean midfielder. Just because this guy is the managers son it does not mean that he is getting any special treatment at City, GJ knows better than that.

Johnson showed what a good player he is at the end of last season. Undoubtably, he's in a poor run of form at the moment though and it begs the question, does he bring enough to the team? Of course he's an excellent passer and good runner when on form but does he do the dirty work, win headers, win tackles, etc, ever?

Is it enough to have Elliot do the donkey work and let Lee play his natural game? Overall I think he wouldn't get as much criticism if his manager could see LJ is in poor form and either drop him or at least show he's not unsusceptible to being subbed off.

Just after watching the Championship and from what i seen LJ was not at fault for any of the goals toay

alex is spot on, he cost us 2 goals today .......

and i don't think i've seen him win a 50/50 tackle this season

Warksred, you don't have a clue either!!

Just watched the highlights, and didn't see Johnson at fault for any of the six goals!

1st deflection, player was not closed down

2nd Carey failed to clear, out of position for the header

3rd Orr at fault then sent off

4th Elliot gave the ball away

5th Defence caught out once again

6th Defence at fault again

Pathetic

Just using LJ as the scapegoat as per usual

Archived