IGNORED

Johnson Out!

Alex_BCFC

I'm pretty sure he was at fault for one of them, but then again so was Elliott.

So mate but he wasn't! And if you can say that a player that gives the ball away way up in the oppositions half can be at fault for a goal, thats laughable!

Sproule played a poor ball to Johnson, and he tried to win it back, but it didn't lead to a goal just a shoot on target.

Not Gary but Lee of course.

Now before you start jumping all over me, he wasn't the only reason we lost today. Ipswich outclassed us and cut through us easily.

BUT this guy isn't good enough for The Championship. I didn't rate him that highly in League 1 but he offers little in this league. He is meant to be a creative midfielder but doesn't do anything. Today we created nothing. I can only presume Noble was injured at half-time as I was shocked he went off- he looked like the only guy likely to cause them a problem.

LJ also gave the ball away so many times today under little pressure. Now you might say that is only one game but this has gone on all season. When is he going to get dropped?! He has had about 2 reasonable games in 15 and it isn't good enough.

Sorry Gary- great manager but you're son just doesn't cut it in this league.

It's time to stick together - not to find scapegoats for one poor result.

COME ON YOU REDS!

What is irrefutable is that LJ was the smallest man in the most important position on the pitch- needing to dominate the play with Elliott he needed to fend off several challenges, play telling balls to the wings and remain strong and faithful in the face of his team-mates losing key balls.

He failed all three tasks and he's only got himself to blame. Even if he's only at fault for one of the goals his overall contribution to the match yesterday spoke volumes as to how ill-equipped he is to play at this level.

Is it crippling? no. Can it be fixed? yes, I think it can. How? A little more meat on him would certainly help the situation- he's small and quick but that's not ideal for the ringmaster role in the centre of the pitch. Lee could also do well not to worry about the quick passes through to the wings/forwards. Let Marv worry about that as he's good at it, so Lee can take some lessons on reading how the opposing mids/backs are positioning themselves. He could do with watching some game-tape on where to spot holes where he can channel the ball forward... after making sure Trundle and/or Byfield can get into position.

And the best thing for this to happen is to get rid of 4-5-1. We're where we are at through offensive thinking when it wouldn't normally work, and our defensive play hasn't worked when it should've.

Warksred, you don't have a clue either!!

Just watched the highlights, and didn't see Johnson at fault for any of the six goals!

1st deflection, player was not closed down

2nd Carey failed to clear, out of position for the header

3rd Orr at fault then sent off

4th Elliot gave the ball away

5th Defence caught out once again

6th Defence at fault again

Pathetic

Just using LJ as the scapegoat as per usual

Unfortunately you can't acurately pin the blame on someone from watching the highlights. Anyone who's been to a live game knows that you get more perspective from actually being there.

LJ hasn't stepped up to the plate this year at all IMHO and I've often said it will take it's toll on Elliott eventually because he's having to put in a double shift, more times than not. We need a top drawer partner for Elliott and by that I mean someone like Graham Kavanagh, Neil Danns, or Isaiah Osbourne on loan. Until then Noble and Elliott should be given a look.

Unfortunately you can't acurately pin the blame on someone from watching the highlights. Anyone who's been to a live game knows that you get more perspective from actually being there.

LJ hasn't stepped up to the plate this year at all IMHO and I've often said it will take it's toll on Elliott eventually because he's having to put in a double shift, more times than not. We need a top drawer partner for Elliott and by that I mean someone like Graham Kavanagh, Neil Danns, or Isaiah Osbourne on loan. Until then Noble and Elliott should be given a look.

I think you got this wrong Tin. LJ has came in for some stick for apparently being at fault for 2 of the goals yesterday. All BCF is stating is that from watching the highlights on The Championship earlier, he doesn't think LJ was at fault for any of them goals.

Idiot - doesn't matter who his father is he isn't playing well enough, not just today. It's a pity because I think he has had a very good early start to the season. No player should have a devine right to the shirt though - Murray, Wilson, Trundle, Skuse, McCombe all regulars who have had to spend time out of the side.

spot on Exiled, spot on.

How predictable.

Marvin Elliott also gave the ball away for at least one of their goals. Noble didnt look at his best either. And Jamie McAllister was shocking. I don't think there was one city player today who can walk away saying they had a good game. So, why are we singling out Lee Johnson again ?

If you drop Lee Johnson, who are you going to play there instead ? David Noble ? Even if he was fit I can't see him working hard to win back the ball.

Lee Johnson isnt in the side because he's the managers son. He's in the side because he's a good player who can do things others can't (and perhaps just as important, he does things others won't). Gary Johnson isnt stupid and he picks the side he thinks will win football matches.

Has nobody else noticed how much LJ gets given the ball, with the expectation that every ball will be some wonder-ball ? He's going to get caught out on occasions. And not every pass will be inch perfect. But, if he's not there, who's going to control the game for us ?

I just can't believe how blinkered some people are. There were plenty of balls going astray today.

But, I never heard anyone shout "get off Noble !" or "rubbish McAllister !"

All you ever hear is people giving Lee Johnson stick.

Surely, that can't be right ? Can it ?

I totally agree Andy.

LJ was no better or no worse than any of the others yesterday, but it seems that he gets most of the criticism.

He gave the ball away on several occasions, as did everyone else, but as I saw it he was not directly responsible for any of the goals.

Noble was IMO anonymous and wouldn't have lasted 90 minutes especially so once we went down to ten men.

To his credit LJ was still covering most of the pitch and was always making himself available (not hiding as someone else posted).

We had a bad day when virtually everything went wrong. It happens in football.

We have not become a bad side overnight, and I'm sure we will bounce back.

We lost 6-0 but still only dropped a point on Watford!!!

• Admin
Warksred, you don't have a clue either!!

Just watched the highlights, and didn't see Johnson at fault for any of the six goals!

1st deflection, player was not closed down

2nd Carey failed to clear, out of position for the header

3rd Orr at fault then sent off

4th Elliot gave the ball away

5th Defence caught out once again

6th Defence at fault again

Pathetic

Just using LJ as the scapegoat as per usual

So mate but he wasn't! And if you can say that a player that gives the ball away way up in the oppositions half can be at fault for a goal, thats laughable!

Sproule played a poor ball to Johnson, and he tried to win it back, but it didn't lead to a goal just a shoot on target.

Watch the 3rd goal again.

It supposedly started with the ball magically in Ipswich's possession around their left back position.

How did Ipswich get the ball here? Johnson back-heeled it to them with us having many bodies committed forward.

I'd try not to tell people who were at the game what they did or didn't see from a seat in front of a telly watching limited highlights.

Idiot - doesn't matter who his father is he isn't playing well enough, not just today. It's a pity because I think he has had a very good early start to the season. No player should have a devine right to the shirt though - Murray, Wilson, Trundle, Skuse, McCombe all regulars who have had to spend time out of the side.

Nice attitude mate. Not. Another fan of the same team puts in a reasoned argument and all you can do is start name calling. Pathetic.

I think you got this wrong Tin. LJ has came in for some stick for apparently being at fault for 2 of the goals yesterday. All BCF is stating is that from watching the highlights on The Championship earlier, he doesn't think LJ was at fault for any of them goals.

Fair shout and I know that. I was just saying it's easy to pin the blame from the comfort of your armchair but you see what's actually preceeded it at the games. Cause and effect.

I just think he's been carried for too long now and yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back in quite a few peoples eyes. I'd personally like to see Noble and Elliott given a run with Trundle taking his place up front. Afterall, we haven't seen Noble and Trundle together yet this season and I think it could pay off...

spot on Exiled, spot on.

He is right though. next.

Another fantastic contribution Bucksred.

Instead of making petty digs at me, why not try to come up with some reasoned arguement of your own ? Have you got an opinion on whether Lee Johnson should be in the team or not ? Would you prefer to see Noble take his place ? Is Lee Johnson being unfairly singled out in yesterdays poor display ?

If you live in Buckinghamshire you must have gone to the game, it wasnt that far for you to travel.

Lets hear your thoughts.

It supposedly started with the ball magically in Ipswich's possession around their left back position.

How did Ipswich get the ball here? Johnson back-heeled it to them with us having many bodies committed forward.

I'd try not to tell people who were at the game what they did or didn't see from a seat in front of a telly watching limited highlights.

I don't think you can point the blame directly at LJ if he give a ball away in Ipswich's left back position. It would be different if he had done it on the edge of his own area or in the middle of the park like Elliot did, but if we had of defended properly after then we could have dealt with the situation.

I don't think you can point the blame directly at LJ if he give a ball away in Ipswich's left back position. It would be different if he had done it on the edge of his own area or in the middle of the park like Elliot did, but if we had of defended properly after then we could have dealt with the situation.

I didn't see the game but I think when you give possession away unforced and suddenly put your team on the back foot on a break you're definitely to blame. After all, if you didn't give the ball away they couldn't have scored.

Lee Johnson has given the ball away cheaply by being far too casual with it a bit too often this season and it's resulted in goals against more than once.

I'd like to see him use a little more discretion when deciding whether or not to try clever little flicks.

I didn't see the game but I think when you give possession away unforced and suddenly put your team on the back foot on a break you're definitely to blame. After all, if you didn't give the ball away they couldn't have scored.

Lee Johnson has given the ball away cheaply by being far too casual with it a bit too often this season and it's resulted in goals against more than once.

I'd like to see him use a little more discretion when deciding whether or not to try clever little flicks.

I agree. However, yesterday it wasn't clever flicks, it was basic passes to a team mate which found a blue shirt too.

Lee is a decent player, but he had an absolute nightmare yesterday and should have been taken off. I will never understand the decision to withdraw Noble and keep LJ on the pitch, unless Noble was injured.

I mean, it happens from junior level right through - if you're having a stinker, the manager takes you off. As a player you have to be honest enough to accept it and put it right in the next game.

It was unfair on Lee to leave him on, as much as anything.

I'm sorry but after just watching the highlights over and over again on BCworld i cant agree with LJ getting the blame for the 3rd goal. Yes he played a wee back heel which didnt go straight to our player. But we did retain the ball only for Enoch to play a bad pass to Sproule which he failed to control. To blame LJ is very harsh IMO

Also if LJ was to blame for the 3rd then does that mean Sproule was to blame for the 2nd?? He lost possession very easy in Ipswich's half only for them to break away and score. I haven't heard anyone mention this..

Madger i don't care who was at the game. After watching the highlights again on BCworld i still don't think LJ was to blame for the 3rd goal. We retained possession only for Enoch to play a poor pass to Sproule which he failed to control. This is what lead them to break away and get the 3rd.

I was there and my immediate reaction (as I texted to friends at the time) was that the goal "started by johnson giving ball away for about the 20th time".

To my mind, the point is not whether LJ was or wasn't directly responsible for a goal, it is why he wasn't the one substituted at half time. The whole team was having a mare, but our central midfield was particularly bad, and left the defence exposed time and again from the beginning of the game. Elliott looked tired, to me, but LJ was very poor.

A good proportion of the few good things we had done in the first half had involved Noble. So putting him in LJ's place to make room for Showunmi would have been a logical change. Not that Noble is a great ball winner, but he's at least as good as LJ and (in my opinion) better at keeping and using the ball when he gets it.

I do believe that LJ gets favoured by his dad - if he has a bad game or run of games he's (almost) never subbed and never dropped, where I believe other players would be. I thought he had a good game at Wolves and was OK against Charlton, so he certainly shouldn't have been dropped. But his performance yesterday was bad enough for him to be the one taken off at half time to try to improve our performance in one of our weak areas.

A good proportion of the few good things we had done in the first half had involved Noble. So putting him in LJ's place to make room for Showunmi would have been a logical change. Not that Noble is a great ball winner, but he's at least as good as LJ and (in my opinion) better at keeping and using the ball when he gets it.

Do you really think that Noble would have lasted 90 minutes?

Especially when we were down to 10 men.

IMO he doesn't have the best "engine" or cover enough ground.

Do you really think that Noble would have lasted 90 minutes?

Especially when we were down to 10 men.

IMO he doesn't have the best "engine" or cover enough ground.

I don't know if he'd have lasted 90 minutes, but at half time we still had the option of keeping him on and giving him a chance to. We weren't down to 10 men when he was taken off.

I would agree that he's not the player with the greatest "engine", but I don't think that Johnson contributes much defensively, and yesterday he wasn't contributing much going forward either, so I thought that was an obvious change to consider. If he'd been on the bench, it might have been a day to get Skuse in the middle to help Elliott out. This was really about how things looked on the day. LJ has had some good games recently, but this was very obviously not one of them, and it concerns me that the boss doesn't seem prepared to take him off.

Having said which, I don't think anything Gary J could have done yesterday would have made much difference. We had too many players having off days, losing their indivdual battles.

I don't know if he'd have lasted 90 minutes, but at half time we still had the option of keeping him on and giving him a chance to. We weren't down to 10 men when he was taken off.

I would agree that he's not the player with the greatest "engine", but I don't think that Johnson contributes much defensively, and yesterday he wasn't contributing much going forward either, so I thought that was an obvious change to consider. If he'd been on the bench, it might have been a day to get Skuse in the middle to help Elliott out. This was really about how things looked on the day. LJ has had some good games recently, but this was very obviously not one of them, and it concerns me that the boss doesn't seem prepared to take him off.

Having said which, I don't think anything Gary J could have done yesterday would have made much difference. We had too many players having off days, losing their indivdual battles.

At half time I guess it was felt that if we were to get the two goals back, we needed an extra striker, i.e. go from 4-4-1-1 to 4-4-2.

The option was there to take off Johnson and move Noble back to replace him.

However, as Noble had also done little in the first half (IMO), and had also given the ball away on several occasions, as did virtually everyone else, this together with his possible lack of fitness may have been the reason that he was the one taken off.

In addition, once we were down to ten men, I feel that Nobles fitness would have been put to the test even more.

It's all opinions I know. I'm still happy to trust GJ's opinion after what he's achieved so far!

Another fantastic contribution Bucksred.

Instead of making petty digs at me, why not try to come up with some reasoned arguement of your own ? Have you got an opinion on whether Lee Johnson should be in the team or not ? Would you prefer to see Noble take his place ? Is Lee Johnson being unfairly singled out in yesterdays poor display ?

If you live in Buckinghamshire you must have gone to the game, it wasnt that far for you to travel.

Lets hear your thoughts.

OK you asked.

No LJ shouldnt be in the team as I reckon he goes AWOL too often, as most people on here know. He plays well, we play well. He goes AWOL we don't. he bottles it too regularly. He never gets subbed unless injured. virtually everyone else does.

Yes I would prefer Noble, again, as is well known.

No LJ is not being singled out. Mac was poor too, and the rest were'nt great either. LJ contributed little by all accounts. again.

As to not going yesterday, a holiday in Botswana count?, added to the fact I went to Wembley last night for a gig, means no I didnt.

Exiled in Watford hit the nail absolutely on the head with his comments. Petty digs, hmmmm if you think that was a petty dig, you appear to be hypersensitive

I'm sorry but after just watching the highlights over and over again on BCworld i cant agree with LJ getting the blame for the 3rd goal. Yes he played a wee back heel which didnt go straight to our player. But we did retain the ball only for Enoch to play a bad pass to Sproule which he failed to control. To blame LJ is very harsh IMO

Also if LJ was to blame for the 3rd then does that mean Sproule was to blame for the 2nd?? He lost possession very easy in Ipswich's half only for them to break away and score. I haven't heard anyone mention this..

Me too, you can't accuse a player of costing us a goal when he is in the last third of the pitch. It thought the defensive line were very flat for the 3rd goal.

It could see what he was trying to do, and TBH, I see the same happening on Match of the Day every saturday night, and by better players than LJ.

But in saying that, maybe LJ should be given a rest but I would replace him with Cole Skuse. When Noble is fit, play him....but until then, why not try Trundle playing in behind Byfield?

Archived