IGNORED

Hull V City

boadle

tin, i agree that he is hot headed, but he is a quality player. i admit it is frustrating when he gets sent off like this but him and mcindoe are absolutely quality down the left and there is no way we could attract a better full back than him. I know stats are not everything but a few weeks ago he was ranked the best full back in the league so lets not get 2 over the top.

McAllister's first booking for 'unsporting behaviour' as well according to Sky Sports, hot on the heels of a ban! :doh::gaah:

tin, i agree that he is hot headed, but he is a quality player. i admit it is frustrating when he gets sent off like this but him and mcindoe are absolutely quality down the left and there is no way we could attract a better full back than him. I know stats are not everything but a few weeks ago he was ranked the best full back in the league so lets not get 2 over the top.

I agree he's quality, but only going forward IMHO. Him and McIndoe are a decent pairing down the left and McAllister takes a decent set piece now and again but let's not kid ourselves, he has been found wanting defensively this season. Anyone who was at Ipswich will tell you that!

mccombe on for orr would be my shout. play 3 accross the back having carey and fontaine either side of big jamie. both have experience at full backs so hopefully could combine the centre back role with full back role effectively?

No, you have to go 4-4-1. They will be on us like a rash. We have no natural cover for LB, but Fonts would be my choice. Mccombe in middle with louis.

Noble off, sproule upfront, showumni left hand side.

Noble which makes sense.

what makes more sense,

removing noble and switching to 4-4-1

or

remove johnson, change the midfield and switch to 4-4-1?

it was the obvious decision, don't see the fuss

Taking Noble is basically asking to draw 0-0 at best. All first half we dominated the game and Noble was a big part of that. We won't be able to get the ball second half and we'll now lose at least 1 nil. The only way we'll get anything from this game is if Hull score first and we get a goal from a sub or Showunmi.

guys, i know nobes is a good player, but the reason he has gone off is fitness levels. he is probably the least fit player we have and could not play the rest of the game at the levels necessary with only 10 men. i know he is quality but gary has always said how important fitness is and that is why he doesnt always play.

Taking Noble is basically asking to draw 0-0 at best. All first half we dominated the game and Noble was a big part of that. We won't be able to get the ball second half and we'll now lose at least 1 nil. The only way we'll get anything from this game is if Hull score first and we get a goal from a sub or Showunmi.

Thats right....... lets be positive!!!!!!

McAllister's first booking for 'unsporting behaviour' as well according to Sky Sports, hot on the heels of a ban! :doh::gaah:

I agree he's quality, but only going forward IMHO. Him and McIndoe are a decent pairing down the left and McAllister takes a decent set piece now and again but let's not kid ourselves, he has been found wanting defensively this season. Anyone who was at Ipswich will tell you that!

Re. Macca at Ipswich, not so much found wanting, more like not found at all, plain invisible - team should be used to playing without him there - he was absent all that afternoon.

Having said that I always thought he was one of our best players last year and he does provide some quality service...

guys, i know nobes is a good player, but the reason he has gone off is fitness levels. he is probably the least fit player we have and could not play the rest of the game at the levels necessary with only 10 men. i know he is quality but gary has always said how important fitness is and that is why he doesnt always play.

WELL SAID!

Noble has enough trouble last 90mins with 11men, playing in a ten man team, he'd do well to last till 60mins!

right sub

OK well apologies for thinking for myself and not just nodding along to whatever the manager says/does.

no one is a nodding job, and we all have views, however sometimes their are certain people who just talk total crap!

I've said my view before and again, neither Noble or Johnson are suitable/good enough long term at this level,

technically Noble is a better player, however, fitness wise he isn't good enough, same can be said about his goal scoring record 12 goals in 150 odd games in his career? not good enough.

Johnson, not far behind technically and however is capable of creating something out of nothing, again poor goal scoring rate, however his fitness level's are fantastic,

people are quick to hammer johnson for his lack of defensive ability, but they ignore the exact same problem with Noble.

either way, the sub decision was totally right for a 10man team,

Archived