IGNORED

Gj On Radio Bristol

KnowleUtd City

He mentioned that he is disappointed with people leaving early and also the fact that we never seem to be able to fill the ground, i'm worried that he's starting to see the club for what it truely is. The people of Bristol don't deserve a top flight side with the numbers of home fans we have got down the gate, it's been nothing short of dreadful. 40k at LDV final, what a bunch of muppets!

He mentioned that he is disappointed with people leaving early and also the fact that we never seem to be able to fill the ground, i'm worried that he's starting to see the club for what it truely is. The people of Bristol don't deserve a top flight side with the numbers of home fans we have got down the gate, it's been nothing short of dreadful. 40k at LDV final, what a bunch of muppets!

actually the true City fans DO DESERVE a top flight side - he is having a pop at those that don't come not those that do - though judging by the part timers that sat by me today I would rather they were not there at all - not a clue about the team

today was never going to be a sell out unfortunately having played them last season,

however early leavers was mentioned during the game on Radio Bristol that Johnson was looking around the ground towards the end of the game and was shaking his head in disgust at all the people leaving early,

Its absolutely ###### disgusting that people leave early. Ok people do have reasons sometimes, other commitments but I'm affraid if what you are doing is affecting the mentality of the manager and the team then you are a disgrace.

You are selfish people who just want to get out earlier. And why?

I leave when the whistle goes, and i am still on the m32 within 10/15 minutes.

Then on your way out you stand and watch, **** off if you wanna go early don't get in other peoples way.

actually the true City fans DO DESERVE a top flight side - he is having a pop at those that don't come not those that do - though judging by the part timers that sat by me today I would rather they were not there at all - not a clue about the team

agree about part-timers, even though it didn't sell out, the barnsley again did my head in, as it was soo cheap, all the part-timers who have no clue about who is who were there and quite simply the rubbish they were coming out with drove a few of us up the wall,

one bloke I'll never forgot was ever moaning about Murray's performance at one point, until we correctly told him it was Ivan Sproule and Murray wasn't even playing, he response.......oh yeah he's at Reading isn't he!!!!!! WHAT!!!!

got to be honest much as it's nice to get a sell outs, I much prefer it when it's a smaller crowd, plus you get a MUCH better atmosphere when the day-trippers aren't there,

the 2 Cardiff games at the Mill Stad, were probably 2 of the most annoying games I've ever been too, surrounded by idiots!

I don't get the leaving early, its like going to the cinema and leaving 10 mins before the film finishes. I always stay and clap the team off until the last of our players is down the tunnel.

I don't understand why people leave early, it doesnt save much time. We normally stay in our seats for 5 minutes until the crowd has cleared, and then walk out without any hassle. Get home more or less the same time whichever way you do it..

I said the people of Bristol mate, not the fans that go down the ground, with the population in the City and surrounds it is nothing short of a disgrace the crowds we are getting this season, tin pot towns like Ipswich and Norwich, all the midlands clubs truely put us to shame and they are all Languishing, we are flying in our first season up ffs!

one bloke I'll never forgot was ever moaning about Murray's performance at one point, until we correctly told him it was Ivan Sproule and Murray wasn't even playing, he response.......oh yeah he's at Reading isn't he!!!!!! WHAT!!!!

Thats the funniest thing ive read all day! :laugh:

Never understand people leaving early, never will, never want to.

The early leavers were no different today than any other day and it's down to the design (or lack thereof) of the Dolman stand. Most people that leave their seats early don't actually leave the ground early anyway they just block everyone else's view which is a different issue.

Even the day I had to get the train home to chippenham at 5.30 to go out, think it was burnley I had it set in my mind that I would need to leave the ground at 4.45 to make sure i get it regardless of how long was left, but once there I just could not do it! I couldnt leave early, ok that game was more exciting, and there was a goal I would have missed but just cannot understand missing the end of the game.

They do hack me off but it depends why they're leaving early.

If I'm travelling by train to and from Bristol I need to get out a few mins before as I need to jump on the Abus' before they fill up.

Petty but its the difference between a 40 minute walk and missing your train.

They do hack me off but it depends why they're leaving early.

If I'm travelling by train to and from Bristol I need to get out a few mins before as I need to jump on the Abus' before they fill up.

Petty but its the difference between a 40 minute walk and missing your train.

C'mon, they don't all need to catch a bus or a train. The fact of the matter is that they are selfish bastards who know how long it takes to get out the Dolman after a game. Usually takes me at least 10-15 mins but it doesnt bother me and I stay right to the end to clap the players off.

They just all go and linger around the pathway at the bottom and stairs. True, the Dolman is badly designed, and god help us at the back rows if theres a fire, but I think they are all #### who have no regard for anyone else.

Should Johnson being saying this on the radio though, thats another question.

I sit in the Dolman - the old Family Enclosure - loads leave their seats early and walk past me and stand in the front - but it does not bother me and they will have their reasons - it is not a competition to see who can stay the longest - I sometimes wander along when the injury time board goes up - I make sure I don't block views and I can't see how it really bothers anyone - seems a non issue to me

I sit in the Dolman - the old Family Enclosure - loads leave their seats early and walk past me and stand in the front - but it does not bother me and they will have their reasons - it is not a competition to see who can stay the longest - I sometimes wander along when the injury time board goes up - I make sure I don't block views and I can't see how it really bothers anyone - seems a non issue to me

The thing is it is not one or two people doing this.......its bloody thousands!!!!

Yup, he aint happy

City boss Gary Johnson, whose side had shared two 2-2 draws with Boro in the same competition last season before being dispatched on penalties, admitted Boro had been the better side this time.

But he also made it clear he had been disappointed by the home fans, who failed to create much of an atmosphere with many also leaving early.

He said: "We have done well in the Championship and because of that we were almost made favourites. That made the supporters and the players even more disappointed than they normally would be to be beaten by a Premier League side.

"The whole club has got to learn from the experience because at 2-1 down both on and off the pitch we didn't get our game going.

"I say off the pitch because too many people were going home early when we had been doing well coming back in games."

I wonder if we had exits out of the rear of the ground i.e wolves for example, would people still leave early? Because of the lay out of the dolman, people get up from their seats, wait by the advertising boards then dash off the minute the whistle goes. This is desperatley annoying and damn right inconsiderate for those still sat in their seats and cant see a bleeding thing!

could you imagine if people started leaving 5 mins before the end of a movie or play and blocked the view of people sat down? You'd be annoyed, and with good cause.

I don't see why a vastly more expensive trip to a football ground should be any different. It's just ignorance.

I've been coming down the Gate regularly since '85. Its always been like that, its worse if we're losing. If your in the lower Dolman, its worse, cos if we look like scoring they stand and block your view! WTF????

Now, Mrs Bucks, and I travel 100 miles each way to the Gate, and we've always stayed to the end, even if it would be in our best interests in leaving early (Takes me half an hour to get to the M4 FFS!), but we always stay, and clap the players off the pitch.

Why is it the Dullmoan half empties before full time? Everyone of my mates who support different teams who visit the Gate, always ask me why our lot leave early?? :noexpression: 'ckd if I know.

Surprised no one ever mentions how there's still hundreds coming into the Dolman after kick-off every match. Why pay all that money and get to your seat 5 mins after the kick-off. Maybe it's the same reason why people leave early :dunno: poor designed stand? or poor supporters? If you want to see the whole match from the Dolman, arrive 15 mins before everybody else, then leave 15 mins after everybody else.

Surprised no one ever mentions how there's still hundreds coming into the Dolman after kick-off every match. Why pay all that money and get to your seat 5 mins after the kick-off. Maybe it's the same reason why people leave early :dunno: poor designed stand? or poor supporters? If you want to see the whole match from the Dolman, arrive 15 mins before everybody else, then leave 15 mins after everybody else.

The queues into the Dolman through the turnstyles are terrible from around 2.40...

Not much supporters can do about that.

I don't get the leaving early, its like going to the cinema and leaving 10 mins before the film finishes. I always stay and clap the team off until the last of our players is down the tunnel.

not really cus films are usually better towards the end that game got worse as it went on! oh and i have seen people leave halfway through crap films i think the cinema manager was disgusted :laugh:!

It's soley down to the design of the Dolman, it takes an age to get out at the final whistle if your sat near the back. This has always happened, even when we were in the top flight many moons ago.

People can leave when ever they want, they've paid there money, but, when they just hang about in front watching the game then I agree, it is annoying for those in the lower Dolman. The stewarding must be better, instead of sitting the other side of the barrier watching the crowd build up, they should try and usher them out somehow.

But I don't get why its such a big deal for Gary Johnson and the players, it happens at every home game, surely they should be used to it by now. Blackburn have the same problem as us with there small side stand too, but I cant remember Mark Hughes bleating on about it.

I really don't understand why people leave early, i watched hundreds of people leave 4-2 down at mansfield, and miss the most glorious of comebacks. Since that moment, i vowed never to leave a game early, and i would have missed loads of winners at either end if i did!!

I agree with the earlier poster who said that the fans in bristol are poor. I think it's the mindset after years of being let down and frustrated has led our lot to be bitter and miserable. Leaving early, moaning about creative players, not showing up or clapping players off are just examples of a poor fan base. We do have an excellent 'core' support, but that probably only stretches to 3000 or so.

THIS IS THE BEST IT HAS EVER BEEN FOR A CITY FAN 35 OR YOUNGER. WHY ISN'T THERE MORE PASSION AND SUPPORT?? :dunno::ranting::protest:

I really don't understand why people leave early, i watched hundreds of people leave 4-2 down at mansfield, and miss the most glorious of comebacks. Since that moment, i vowed never to leave a game early, and i would have missed loads of winners at either end if i did!!

I agree with the earlier poster who said that the fans in bristol are poor. I think it's the mindset after years of being let down and frustrated has led our lot to be bitter and miserable. Leaving early, moaning about creative players, not showing up or clapping players off are just examples of a poor fan base. We do have an excellent 'core' support, but that probably only stretches to 3000 or so.

THIS IS THE BEST IT HAS EVER BEEN FOR A CITY FAN 35 OR YOUNGER. WHY ISN'T THERE MORE PASSION AND SUPPORT?? :dunno::ranting::protest:

Whole can of worms opened up right there.

See endless topics on Season ticket price, in the doldrums for years, EE not open for POTD, stealth charges, POTD prices etc etc. x Infinity.

Whole can of worms opened up right there.

See endless topics on Season ticket price, in the doldrums for years, EE not open for POTD, stealth charges, POTD prices etc etc. x Infinity.

Indeed.

I was mainly aiming at those at the game though pal, who had obvioulsy overlooked the above!!

To play Devils Advocate to all the posters saying people should stay to the end, have you considered that the people that leave early may have decided that all that matters is the result? If they think the team arent going to get anything from the game, they may dislike it so much they may not want to put themselves through anymore of it, and have to leave.

I didnt actually go down today (holiday next week), so I cant say how bad it was, but this happens at clubs all around Britain. I cant count the number of times I have heard the 'cheerio, cheerio' chant to opposing fans leaving early at AG and other grounds.

I stay to the end pretty much every game and clap the team off, but there occasions when I have left early as we were getting thumped at the time. Does this make me a bad person that shouldnt be allowed at AG? :innocent06:

Myself, I do feel that people have paid good money to watch the game, so why not get your moneys worth and stay to the end, but there are always reasons why people will leave early.

To play Devils Advocate to all the posters saying people should stay to the end, have you considered that the people that leave early may have decided that all that matters is the result? If they think the team arent going to get anything from the game, they may dislike it so much they may not want to put themselves through anymore of it, and have to leave.

I didnt actually go down today (holiday next week), so I cant say how bad it was, but this happens at clubs all around Britain. I cant count the number of times I have heard the 'cheerio, cheerio' chant to opposing fans leaving early at AG and other grounds.

I stay to the end pretty much every game and clap the team off, but there occasions when I have left early as we were getting thumped at the time. Does this make me a bad person that shouldnt be allowed at AG? :innocent06:

Myself, I do feel that people have paid good money to watch the game, so why not get your moneys worth and stay to the end, but there are always reasons why people will leave early.

here here totally agree think alot of people went to the gate today and paid good money expecting us to win or at least have a hell of a go at winning which just didnt happen and probably left feeling a bit p****d off !! simple as that

The early leavers were no different today than any other day and it's down to the design (or lack thereof) of the Dolman stand. Most people that leave their seats early don't actually leave the ground early anyway they just block everyone else's view which is a different issue.

Bingo and it's a bit difficult to fill the ground when we allocate 800 away fans 2/3,000 Seats every week :disapointed2se:

Archived