IGNORED

Gj On Radio Bristol

KnowleUtd City

Its absolutely ###### disgusting that people leave early. Ok people do have reasons sometimes, other commitments but I'm affraid if what you are doing is affecting the mentality of the manager and the team then you are a disgrace.

Id love to live in your world, where people who leave 5 mins early are a disgrace.

Must be a real happy place, free of murder, war, famine etc.

The early leavers were no different today than any other day and it's down to the design (or lack thereof) of the Dolman stand. Most people that leave their seats early don't actually leave the ground early anyway they just block everyone else's view which is a different issue.

spot on many people move from the dolman seats down to the bottom but not that many actually leave , i include myself in this batch, its because the dolman is very painstaking to get out due to the design, u look at the other stands with 5 mins to go very little movement cos these stands are easier to get out of at the final whistle

Its absolutely ###### disgusting that people leave early. Ok people do have reasons sometimes, other commitments but I'm affraid if what you are doing is affecting the mentality of the manager and the team then you are a disgrace.

You are selfish people who just want to get out earlier. And why?

I leave when the whistle goes, and i am still on the m32 within 10/15 minutes.

Then on your way out you stand and watch, **** off if you wanna go early don't get in other peoples way.

Exactly!!!

Guest WellyCiderHead

I do actually get embarrased watching thousands of part timers flood out of the dolman bout 5 mins before the end.

It must be pretty disheartening to the players watching everyone leave early aswell.

Stay and clap them off u miserable gits!!

one bloke I'll never forgot was ever moaning about Murray's performance at one point, until we correctly told him it was Ivan Sproule and Murray wasn't even playing, he response.......oh yeah he's at Reading isn't he!!!!!! WHAT!!!!

The kids sitting behind me were speculating on which tunnel the players were going to come out of :grr:

The kids sitting behind me were speculating on which tunnel the players were going to come out of :grr:

Thing is everyone has to start somewhere, you never know those kids might come back next week, and the week after. It is a bit frustrating when the person next to you says "I havent been since we last played Boro," but surely a proportion of these fans will come back again and learn as they go. I'd prefer newbies to whingers.

I had to watch the match on sopcast and to be honest City were very disappointing, the gulf in class was obvious.

You can only play as well as the opposition will allow you to, and Middlesbrough didn't let City play at all.

The entire ground came over as strangely quiet

Our attack today was what ?,not at home it appeared to me.

The defense and midfield were ok but had no one up front to pass it to.

The substitutions were totally ineffective, It seemed as if the whole squad weren't up for it today although the effort was there.

I don't know about you but I get pretty depressed when I see City performing badly and I will now have to feel like this until we hammer Colchester next week.

As for leaving early , It's always been the case that people try to avoid the crush at the end,especially after a poor performance,(If a defeat to a prem team by 2-1 can be called a poor performance ) so it probably won't change ,

I agree I wish they wouldn't do it ,but the fact is the club has taken their money and they want to leave and don't care if they block your view so short of locking em to their seat get used to it.

Thing is everyone has to start somewhere, you never know those kids might come back next week, and the week after. It is a bit frustrating when the person next to you says "I havent been since we last played Boro," but surely a proportion of these fans will come back again and learn as they go. I'd prefer newbies to whingers.

The thing is Dolls, they had just watched the players going down the tunnel after warming up. I blame E additives.

Yup, he aint happy

City boss Gary Johnson, whose side had shared two 2-2 draws with Boro in the same competition last season before being dispatched on penalties, admitted Boro had been the better side this time.

But he also made it clear he had been disappointed by the home fans, who failed to create much of an atmosphere with many also leaving early.

He said: "We have done well in the Championship and because of that we were almost made favourites. That made the supporters and the players even more disappointed than they normally would be to be beaten by a Premier League side.

"The whole club has got to learn from the experience because at 2-1 down both on and off the pitch we didn't get our game going.

"I say off the pitch because too many people were going home early when we had been doing well coming back in games."

I think Gary ought to have a moan at Lansdown about the lack of atmosphere - fill the East End like many have asked and you will have a great atmosphere.Moaning at the fans isn't the answer.

There are plenty of you and GJ complaining about atmosphere and leaving early.

Since my first trip to the gate over 60 years ago, people have been leaving early. Crowded terraces were sometimes half empty with 5 minutes to go, with the exits packed with fans craning their necks for one last glance. There were not many cars, mainly buses lined up, filling the pubs was not such an issue as the spare cash was not there.

People leave football games early all over the country, always have, so GJ and some of you need to get used to it.

As for calling people part timers, or not knowing what they are talking about, lets look at that. I can tell you now that going to a lot of games does not make you a good judge of football, in fact some of the biggest posters and know it alls are the absolute worst judges of the game and its players.

Fans today are spoiled for choices, plus wives and families have more of a say on what the man of the house does with his time. Its a very self indulgent age with so many other attractions its mind boggling for someone like myself. Computors, running home to check your emails and blogs, television with so many cable options, cars and more transport options, huge shopping malls with more food, clothes and product choices than ever before.

People saving for overseas holidays in Portugal, the USA etc, no longer a bus trip to Weymouth, yes folks we have planes in the equation.

I have a large extended family, full of families with youngsters and I know they will select a football game much the same as they would a movie, a shopping trip etc. That trip to the local football match is no longer the epicenter of their universe, its merely a sideshow.

For GJ, the club and fans who have football as a lifes obsession, this may be hard to accept, but thats modern day reality.

Just the opinion of an older City fan.

I have never left a game early and this is essentially something drilled into me as a young lad when I used to go down to the ground with my dad and grandad. Neither had ever left a game and recounted to me a day when City got beat away vs West Ham in the rain (think it was 6-1) and they'd driven up there.

They said if you can stay through that and show the team you'll give your support then you stay through anything.

I don't sit in the Dolman anymore but have located myself in the Williams.

It can be quite off putting watching the game to see the other side streaming down the steps - its difficult to tell though sometimes whether they're leaving or just going to the pitch side.

If they're going down to the pitch and still cheering the lads on, personally I got no issue with that. If anything the players will hear them even better!

I look at it this way. If the team are putting it in, they are grafting, they are giving it a go then my side of the bargain is to stay until then end and show them I'm supporting them the 90 mins of the game.

They put in the effort and then so will I.

PS - this isn't just us. I've heard the same story about fans leaving from mates who support Watford, Southampton, Tottenham, West Ham Utd etc etc.

I haven't left a game early yet and I can't see this happening anytime soon either.

It's easy to have a pop at the fans and whilst we are responsible for creating an atmosphere let us not forget that a very flat performance by City did not help the situation. Many players played below their normal standard and, in truth, it was a very comfortable outing for a Boro side who kept possession well and were able to wait until the opening materialised. The only players who really did themselves justice were Orr who played well against a tough opponent in Downing and Vasko who is looking better and better with each game. Sproule was dangerous on occasions, Elliott was OK as was Fontaine. The others were simply outclassed by their Premiership opposite number. Compare Johnson to Arca, Wilson to Downing, Noble to Rochemback etc. That is not a particular criticism of those players - it just shows the difference in quality needed to compete at the highest level. What we therefore saw was a mediocre performance both on and off the pitch. The biggest cheer of the day for me was that we don't have the worry of a replay or further tough cup matches to come whereas other teams round us in the league us do.

Johnson is now beginning to find out that Bristol in general has a large non-Bristolian population who couldn't give a rat's ar$e about City or Rovers and a large Bristolian population who either care from afar (the pub or their living room) without being willing or able to shell out the dosh or simply do not care less about sport. That, coupled with general pricing is the problem at present and hard work needs to be done by the club to change the situation. If they want capacity crowds at the Gate then the club needs to take the lead far more often to get the extra backsides on seats I am afraid. If you moan and whinge at Bristolians, in general, they are even more likely to STAY AWAY!!

I think we should draw a line under yesterday and both the team and supporters should concentrate on the real business between now and May.

Id love to live in your world, where people who leave 5 mins early are a disgrace.

Must be a real happy place, free of murder, war, famine etc.

Its not 5 minutes though, it was more like 10.

Whoever blamed people leaving early on the design of the Dolman, ummmmm explain why people left the Williams early then. And looking over to the Eastend I could see people leavig the back of their early also, which is probably the easiest to get out of!

To whoever said maybe people left because all that mattered was the result and the game was that bad.... explain why it happens every week then please? Great game against Coventry i thought where we still attacked to the last minute and they looked like getting in equaliser, very exciting end, why did people leave early??

To say people wanted to leave early to watch the Utd game.... why?!?! If thousands of people left early to watch that over-hyped pile of shite then they should question which team they support!

Yesterday was a poor day in MANY aspects, from the moment I walked through the turnstyle to be greeted by some spotty teen girl who probably wouldnt have smiled if you'd paid her I knew it would be a bad day. They really need to look at their employees at this club sometimes, what sort of impression does it give out when the turnstyle operators don't even respond when you say hello? Just sat there with their headphones in looking like the worlds about to end!

Don't worry everyone, it's only the useless ill-informed part-timers who leave early. This club don't need 'em. With a bit of luck we'll go up next year, fill the ground with Bristolian football 'fans' supporting Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc, then get relegated over the next 3 consecutive seasons and find ourselves at the foot of League 2 with 4,000 dedicated TRUE fans who stay to the very end, and beyond. That'll be progress eh?

Don't worry everyone, it's only the useless ill-informed part-timers who leave early. This club don't need 'em. With a bit of luck we'll go up next year, fill the ground with Bristolian football 'fans' supporting Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc, then get relegated over the next 3 consecutive seasons and find ourselves at the foot of League 2 with 4,000 dedicated TRUE fans who stay to the very end, and beyond. That'll be progress eh?

Actually I'd be interested to know where alot of fans come from to watch home games.

It wouldn't suprise me if alot of the people leaving came from surrounding counties and arent in fact Bristolian football fans.

Just a thought.

:sleeping:

I don't get the leaving early, its like going to the cinema and leaving 10 mins before the film finishes. I always stay and clap the team off until the last of our players is down the tunnel.

I am in awe of your magnificent support.....Some of us have an hour to drive after the match.

it is frustrating watching everyone around me leave before the game has finished.

also the same people arrive 5 mins late for the game leave 5 mins early for half time get back 5 mins late for the second half and leave 5 mins early at the end.

so basically they've missed 20 mins of the match. me and the people in my row have had just about enough :ranting:

I am in awe of your magnificent support.....Some of us have an hour to drive after the match.

I have more than an hour to drive after the game. I got home at 6.30pm yesterday.

I never leave early and more often than not stay around to clap the players off. This isn't a plea for "fan of the year" status.

I just can't understand people needing to rush home after the game. Is it such a problem to be home at 6.30pm rather than 6.00pm? Also, I would feel devastated if I missed a last minute City equaliser/winner. Why don't the early leavers feel the same?

I have more than an hour to drive after the game. I got home at 6.30pm yesterday.

I never leave early and more often than not stay around to clap the players off. This isn't a plea for "fan of the year" status.

I just can't understand people needing to rush home after the game. Is it such a problem to be home at 6.30pm rather than 6.00pm? Also, I would feel devastated if I missed a last minute City equaliser/winner. Why don't the early leavers feel the same?

1. It is a question of choice.

2. It does not make you any less a supporter.

3. Stuck in traffic on Winterstoke Road with 2 children is not exactly inspiring.

3. Other supporters pontificating when I am allowed to leave is simply not going to happen.

4. The atmosphere yesterday was poor, and I had enough.

Next..

Guest WellyCiderHead

Well if u have an hour to drive after u leave the ground then surely leaving 5 mins later wont put that much on your journey.

I think its quite rude and embarrasing watching 5 thousand part-timers leave early

Why do people insist on using the excuses, I have to drive so far to get home, I want to get home early, I have to get a round in the pub (funniest I've heard yet), I need to get out before the crush etc etc. Possibly the only excuse is if you need to get to work, or even, have family commitments.

Surely when you buy your ticket or wake up in the morning and think, I'm going to go to football, you take decision that a certain period of your day is going to be eaten up by football. Whether it be 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 hours of your day. Why bother going if all these things are going to be a hinderance to you?

When I go to football, I have made the decision that my whole day will be wiped out by football. If I have more important things to do, then I don't go. Simple as.

I really cant understand the mentality of some people. Is the match just a thing that you HAVE to do and the sooner its all over the better (a bit like work). Or is sitting in your seat for 93mins so painful that your brain makes you stand up and leave and think.....HA HA poor suckers, if i leave now, I will be the first out. SSSSHHHHH! Keep this to yourself though, or others will notice.

Well?

Well if u have an hour to drive after u leave the ground then surely leaving 5 mins later wont put that much on your journey.

I think its quite rude and embarrasing watching 5 thousand part-timers leave early

Part timer???????????????? Are you sure??????????? :noexpression: :noexpression:

Guest WellyCiderHead
2. It does not make you any less a supporter.

Next..

I think it does as you are supporting the team for 5 mins less than most people, so u are less of a suporter in my view

Guest WellyCiderHead
Part timer???????????????? Are you sure??????????? :noexpression: :noexpression:

Yes because you are only watching part of the game so i think you can be classed as a part timer

I think it does as you are supporting the team for 5 mins less than most people, so u are less of a suporter in my view

Well done, you are obviously an academic in football supporters behaviour. As you obviously go home and away and have been in attendance at every home game for the last 10 years and put your team above the comfort of your children...... no really .............well done :noexpression:

Well done, you are obviously an academic in football supporters behaviour. As you obviously go home and away and have been in attendance at every home game for the last 10 years and put your team above the comfort of your children...... no really .............well done :noexpression:

I don't understand this comfort of your children comment. Does this mean that your children are uncomfortable for 80-85 mins then? Do they not enjoy going to football?

Archived