IGNORED

Gj On Radio Bristol

KnowleUtd City

If you think people left the Dolman because we were losing, why did noone leave the other three stands then?

The vast majority of people who left their seats did not leave the ground before the final whistle and this happens EVERY game.

fine Nibor, you think the scenes 5 mins before the final whistle were acceptable, i don't.

Wasnt just dolman. People in EE were derfinately leaving, i saw some in the williams leaving...

We're hardly talking mass exodus or the 50% maidenhead is on about are we? We're talking a few hundred around the whole ground tops and then a fair few in the Dolman on top of that who just loiter in everyone's way - the ones GJ overreacted about.

The truth is it was a nauseatingly tedious game on a horrible day in a competition we weren't going to win against a boring side that we played last season. It's not the end of the world that some people are making it out to be quite simply. All this bile being spewed by a couple of super fans is waaaaaaay over the top.

We're hardly talking mass exodus or the 50% maidenhead is on about are we? We're talking a few hundred around the whole ground tops and then a fair few in the Dolman on top of that who just loiter in everyone's way - the ones GJ overreacted about.

The truth is it was a nauseatingly tedious game on a horrible day in a competition we weren't going to win against a boring side that we played last season. It's not the end of the world that some people are making it out to be quite simply. All this bile being spewed by a couple of super fans is waaaaaaay over the top.

i don't push myself as a "superfan" - i live in london so only get to half our home games at best, and a handful of away games all in the south east. i do however, believe in supporting the team when i'm there. and i was disgusted by the droves of people i'm pretty sure i saw leave before then end, on a horrible day when frankly it was better to be undercover, against an excellent side compared to even our current lofty standards, in still the greatest domestic cup competition in the world. I didnt see the same against Southampton at home, for example, so don't see why it should happen in the 3rd road of the cup!

*and* i had a dinner reservation for 8pm in Clapham that i made with 40 mins to spare too, so isnt that hard getting home if you do decide to stay till the end..!

well, here is a real example, I live about 2 hours drive from the gate and get to about half the games (I have four young kids so cannot make them all - used to have an ST when single and only a few kids!).

This Saturday is my daughters birthday, but I have got a ticket for the game and will bring along my two of my boys..

i have sqaured it with my wife and daughter (aged 11) that I will go to the game but be back in time for her party starting at 19.00...

To do this means I have got to be at in my car by 17.00 latest...

where we sit in the dolman means that if i stay to the final whistle I will only be leaving the dolman at 17.00 with another 15 minutes to reach the car, then caught inthe traffic (not that bad, but add a further 10 minutes to travel time).

so I need to leave 5 minutes before the end and that is what I planned to do, however reading all this will I now get pelters!!

It a choice for me and the club of having 3 extra seats filled and being left a bit early, or having them empty all game (do not offer me the third option of being late for the birthday party!! I cannot afford the divorce at present!!)

well, here is a real example, I live about 2 hours drive from the gate and get to about half the games (I have four young kids so cannot make them all - used to have an ST when single and only a few kids!).

This Saturday is my daughters birthday, but I have got a ticket for the game and will bring along my two of my boys..

i have sqaured it with my wife and daughter (aged 11) that I will go to the game but be back in time for her party starting at 19.00...

where we sit in the dolman means that if i stay to the final whistle I will only be leaving the dolman at 17.00 with another 15 minutes to reach the car, then caught inthe traffic (not that bad, but add a further 10 minutes to travel time).

so I need to leave 5 minutes before the end and that is what I planned to do, however reading all this will I now get pelters!!

It a choice for me and the club of having 3 extra seats filled and being left a bit early, or having them empty all game (do not offer me the third option of being late for the birthday party!! I cannot afford the divorce at present!!)

Part-timer.

Was it really that hard to tell your daughter that because this is a leap year her birthday is put back a day to Sunday 13th?

Think out of the box man!

Apparently that makes you a part timer.

What makes me laugh is that all these people criticising, if we all left at the final whistle, would be long gone before you or I get halfway through the Dolman exit queue.

I don't get the leaving early, its like going to the cinema and leaving 10 mins before the film finishes. I always stay and clap the team off until the last of our players is down the tunnel.

I can understand the Dolman fans leaving their seats early because it takes an age to get out of there. Most of the people who leave their seats don't leave but watch from lower down. There is no reason for fans from other areas leaving early though!

Archived