IGNORED

New Signing On The Way?

filtonred

Bristol City hope to complete the £750,000 signing of Celtic striker Derek Riordan in the next 24 hours. (Guardian)

Todays paper talk.

Copied from the web and not cross-checked I suspect. They even claim he will sign a contract to 2011. They then go on to describe Joe Garner as a midfielder. :disapointed2se: Problem is most journalists couldn't find their way to the ground of any club outside the Prem so it's pinch of salt time.

As I say, apologies. It was posted in good faith, I just made a bad call on this one. Live and learn.

Don't beat yourself up about it. The info was put out in good faith and I'm sure most people would rather have some info than no info at all and make their own minds up. Credit to you for clearing it up though.

Copied from the web and not cross-checked I suspect. They even claim he will sign a contract to 2011. They then go on to describe Joe Garner as a midfielder. :disapointed2se: Problem is most journalists couldn't find their way to the ground of any club outside the Prem so it's pinch of salt time.

Sky will get on the bandwagon soon too.

As soon as they've finished writing up the news of Huddesfield wanting Phil Jevons on a permanent basis.

extract from todays WDP

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/display...;pNodeId=145838

I know the majority is about ES, but it also says further down that GJ's trip to Scotland on Tuesday was not a fruitful one....

does this mean that all avenues in Scotland are now dead?

anyone with a bit of insider knowledge wish to cast a little light this way, please?

Don't beat yourself up about it. The info was put out in good faith and I'm sure most people would rather have some info than no info at all and make their own minds up. Credit to you for clearing it up though.

I was obviously used by the club to divert attention and to prevent alerting other clubs to our true target. A role I was only too happy to fulfil. Or something.

Ahem.

extract from todays WDP

I know the majority is about ES, but it also says further down that GJ's trip to Scotland on Tuesday was not a fruitful one....

anyone with a bit of insider knowledge wish to cast a little light this way, please?

The way I look at it is this, GJ would not be selling Enoch without at least one, maybe two, new strikers coming in...he isnt daft, we don't have to sell players, especially one who is getting his fair share of games this season.

I'm fairly certain Johnson is selling Enoch as the replacement(s) is pretty much a done deal

extract from todays WDP

Aberdeen played Tuesday. Maybe we were after Lee Miller :)

I was obviously used by the club to divert attention and to prevent alerting other clubs to our true target. A role I was only too happy to fulfil. Or something.

Ahem.

Are you saying you are a decoy or just a little premature?! :tongue:

extract from todays WDP

The Western Daily Press article, which is repeated in the Evening Post giving you one story for the price of two papers, carrries the following paragraph:

"Johnson travelled to Scotland to watch a potential target on Tuesday night. Although that particular avenue now appears to be closed, the Londoner is considering several other options and is set to make his move in the next few days."

The last few words imply that we may be a striker short this Saturday.

Ahem.

Or they thought they had a deal and leaked too soon? Sorry, I just love a conspiracy theory. :ph34r:

The Western Daily Press article, which is repeated in the Evening Post giving you one story for the price of two papers, carrries the following paragraph:

"Johnson travelled to Scotland to watch a potential target on Tuesday night. Although that particular avenue now appears to be closed, the Londoner is considering several other options and is set to make his move in the next few days."

The last few words imply that we may be a striker short this Saturday.

Yes, I know, I just read it that it implied all avenues north of the border were now closed.

In fairness it doesn't say an awful lot.

"the Londoner is considering several other options and is set to make his move in the next few days"

That sentence says it all really - it could mean anything; JMW to be recalled; SB to be recalled; Nick Carle to play up front; Christiano Ronaldo is flying to Bristol today etc., etc. - just vary vague journo's.

Yes, I know, I just read it that it implied all avenues north of the border were now closed.

In fairness it doesn't say an awful lot.

"the Londoner is considering several other options and is set to make his move in the next few days"

That sentence says it all really - it could mean anything; JMW to be recalled; SB to be recalled; Nick Carle to play up front; Christiano Ronaldo is flying to Bristol today etc., etc. - just vary vague journo's.

Have to write something.

Know nothing.

Think of something general which you can say with is true or cant be proved to be wrong.

Write a load of words but actually say nothing.

I was a master of this at GCSE and A level.

I should be working for the local papers.

The journo's know nothing - thats why the article is saying nothing in this respect.

They also say "that avenue appears to be closed" which backs this up - they just don't know.

They pick up their stories from here and fanzine sites as the club gives them no more information than they give us.

Bloody hell - if true that is scary.

Just imagine if they used football-rumours.com for their sources!

You'd have to be gas for them to employ you.

"Today the Post learns that Gary Johnson has indeed returned from a trip somewhere where he may have bought an attacker or midfielder that has also been known to play in defence for all or part of his career. One option could be cover or replacement for Bradley Orr, who was jailed last season following an unprovoked nightclub brawl with other players including the club captain. See page 2 for more details under story of Bag Snatch by youth wearing red shirt.

Don't forget your 80 page FA Cup pull out for the big clash of Barnet vs Bristol Evening Post Rovers"

I can see it now......

"Today the Post learns that Gary Johnson has indeed returned from a trip somewhere where he may have bought an attacker or midfielder that has also been known to play in defence for all or part of his career. One option could be cover or replacement for Bradley Orr, who was jailed last season following an unprovoked nightclub brawl with other players including the club captain. See page 2 for more details under story of Bag Snatch by youth wearing red shirt.

Don't forget your 80 page FA Cup pull out for the big clash of Barnet vs Bristol Evening Post Rovers"

I can see it now......

very good.......so who do you think they are referring to? Is it Tony Dinning?(joke)

I can see it now......

80 PAGE PULLOUT!! :rofl2br:

The target is not from Scotland... :ph34r:

Dear Mods, can you please stop people from pulling our fingernails out with rusty pliers please and force them under threat of watching Sags play Barnet in the FA Cup to reveal more than geographical location...

Seriously tin, don't leave us hanging....

I can see it now......

The jobs yours.

Bristol City hope to complete the £750,000 signing of Celtic striker Derek Riordan in the next 24 hours. (Guardian)

Todays paper talk.

Just to add to the fire...

Got proven in a study last summer that The Guaridan has the highest percentage of correct transfer rumours of all the papers (something around 34% printed ended up true) while The Daily Mail came last (around 8% of their rumours tunred out correct).

Archived