IGNORED

Moaning B C F C 'supporters'... (merged)

Mr Mosquito

All the moaning coming from certain sections of our support is damnright criminal. With the best standard of BCFC football being played for some 30 odd years there's certainly something seriously wrong with their attitude to this club. Anyone that sees fit to moan about our players and management tactics when we're now second in the Championship after 27 games played is a complete loon in my opinion. What's wrong with these so called 'supporters'? :noexpression:

'Stuck In Work' - posting on ziderheads as per link below - even heard the moaners on Radio Bristol. Were these moaners actually at the Blackpool game to see the quality of football on offer ???!!!! :noexpression:

http://www.ziderheads.co.uk/ch/index.php?s...&#entry8914

agreed, i was listening on the radio on the way home, i thought we had lost 4 or 5 nil judging by the comments on how badly we need a striker - Only one bloke praised the defence for yesterday!!

A battling and attacking midfield, a solid defence, second in the Championship, highest league position for 28 years and people still moan !!!! What the hell is wrong with them? :noexpression:

We're averaging 15,000 plus for home matches.

About 100 regularly post on here of whom a large proportion seem to be "glass half empty" types.

This Forum is a tiny minority of the fan base but is getting too much credibility (is so up itself?) for being a source of "true feelings" of "real" City fans?

Why do I read the Forum and sometimes post? Because I can.

Why don't I criticise the Club? IMO nothing to criticise.

It seems to me that for too many posters, this Forum operates on the "Good news is No news" principle, so what the hell. Let's criticise, belittle and character assassinate fellow human beings on our keyboards.

A battling and attacking midfield, a solid defence, second in the Championship, highest league position for 28 years and people still moan !!!! What the hell is wrong with them? :noexpression:

The reason that fans are moaning about getting a striker is, £1,000,000 paid for one L.Trundle who was bought into the club to score goals. His pay back to the club is poor, to say the least.

If the the goals were flowing i still think fans would fined another way to have a go at the club!!

FRUSTATION! was the word i was hearing about Trundle.

But hey, We are still where we are without scoring lots of goals.

About 100 regularly post on here of whom a large proportion seem to be "glass half empty" types.

This Forum is a tiny minority of the fan base but is getting too much credibility (is so up itself?) for being a source of "true feelings" of "real" City fans?

Unfortunately this BCFC forum and others made the following headline on the backpage of yesterday's Bristol Evening Post.....

"Gary's Anger at Web Chat"

....Gary Johnson claimed in the article, by Andy Stockhausen, that many posts about signing players were "hurtful" and "wide of the mark".

The players probably do read this site and if I was one of the players I'd be pretty pissed off with the same old posters moaning about management tactics and about the players in general when we're second in the Championship.

We're averaging 15,000 plus for home matches.

Why do I read the Forum and sometimes post? Because I can.

Why don't I criticise the Club? IMO nothing to criticise.

It seems to me that for too many posters, this Forum operates on the "Good news is No news" principle, so what the hell. Let's criticise, belittle and character assassinate fellow human beings on our keyboards.

Couldn't agree more. I've said this once and I'll say it again, these people were born to moan it's just that being a footbal fan gives them another vehicle to do it. I couldn't believe my ears listening to Geoff 20man on the way back yesterday and some guy called Jeff from Shirehampton phoned in moaning. Jeff if you are reading this and can't be happy with where city are at the moment then I honestly don't know why you bother going. But then I'm guessing you probably sat in your local last night moaning about the new barman because he doesn't really pull a pint fast enough for your liking.

I felt ashamed when some sag called "Proud Gas Head" sent a text in after Jeff's from Shire's call and said "City fans are unbelievable - they get a home win and phone in to complain" Hate to agree with a sag but he's right.

So basically yesterday I went home thinking the following :

Great 3 points hard earned

Didn't quite have lady luck but still come away with 3 points

Nicky Carle was class - boy oh boy am I looking forward to seeing more of him.

Things started to click a bit for Lee Trundle and I've got hopes the lad may yet prove us all wrong when his confidence picks up.

Some great football through the middle and once again Lee Johnson proved the doubters wrong.

Merv Elliot was great again.

What a season we are having

!5.000 - what a cracking attendance for Blackpool especially considering they only had a small ish away support

In contrast I bet the Moaners went home thinking the following:

We played badly today and were lucky to get the points

We need a new striker

There was no attempt by us to finish the game off etc etc

We only had 15,000 because it was quid a kid - gumble grumble grumbel......

I couldn't get out of the Dolman early enough before the final whistle to beat the traffic ......... (OK that one's a bit tongue in cheek before the Dolman faithfull flame me...! - I don't tar everyone with the same brush)

My point is - who do you think had the happier night last night me or the negative thinker.

Jeff from Shire I can reccommend a good book if you like. Do you know that they've actually proved scientifically that negative thinkers and moaners (Glass half empty people) live shorter less fulfilled lives often with health problems attributable to their state of mind - just a bit of food for thought for you there mate.

On another note Gary J came up to the Atyeo yesterday for his salute as always when we win and gestured with one finger in one hand and a fist with the other and shrugged his shoulders as if in apology for only winning 1 - 0.

I hope you read this MR J because don't ever feel you need to apologise to me sir, I for one have utter respect and admiration for what you have done with everything about the club since you arrived and am actually now really worried that you will leave us soon if this fan negatiity continues. So I for one salute you sir. I will apologise to you for my some of my fellow fans who can't see the wood for the trees!

Please please keep doing what you are doing and remember the faithful and loyal who will stay with you through the rough and the smooth and not lose patience at the first little down turn.

If you ask my opinion we should learn a lesson form the mighty Kop at Liverpool, just look at the poor season they are having (relatively speaking of course) and yet their renowned loyal fans are still right behind Rafa Benitez through thick and thin becasue they have faith and patience and recognise his ability.

On that note though, I also salute the ever faithfull up behind me in the Atyeo block D and E who do the same each week chanting GJ's name - I'm proud to be part of one of the best stands at AG In my humble opinion - sadly they are just let down by the Jeff from Shirehampton's of this club.

I do not understand why people are moaning about anything the reasons not to moan are below if anyone can give a valid list based on FACTS as to why we should be moaning I will be happy to listen, but it seems too many are just moaning without due cause.

We are 2nd in the CCC - and form suggest we are on course for a top 6 finish.

We have a manager who has proven time and again he can get the best from a group of players and plays good football people want to see.

We will be watching CCC football next season at worst but possibly Premiership.

We are signing players of the standard not see in a red shirt at the gate in recent memory - yes that includes Trundle, Sproule ,Byfield. McIndoe, Carle, Elliott and Johnson.

We are financially secure.

So there you have it, all of the above are facts. Not just bull$h/t and bluster. I am sure we are the envy of 22 other teams in our league at the present time so why moan. Get behind the boys, whoever it is that pulls on the shirt and support the one thing we all want which is success for the club.

:city: :goingup: (I hope)

I couldn't believe it either listening to Geoffs show, the text messages were a lot better than the callers to be fair, the young lad who phoned in with his dad promting him to say things, said, he didn't want City to go up, because we would lose loads, :noexpression: ######ng incredible, lets get relegated shall we, so we can win more, stay away from AG you absoloute turds.

Anyone under mid 30's has never seen City in the top flight, we have a fantastic opportunity now to rectify that and I cannot understand those that are constantly looking for a moan when we win.

Couldn't agree more. I've said this once and I'll say it again, these people were born to moan it's just that being a footbal fan gives them another vehicle to do it. I couldn't believe my ears listening to Geoff 20man on the way back yesterday and some guy called Jeff from Shirehampton phoned in moaning. Jeff if you are reading this and can't be happy with where city are at the moment then I honestly don't know why you bother going. But then I'm guessing you probably sat in your local last night moaning about the new barman because he doesn't really pull a pint fast enough for your liking.

I felt ashamed when some sag called "Proud Gas Head" sent a text in after Jeff's from Shire's call and said "City fans are unbelievable - they get a home win and phone in to complain" Hate to agree with a sag but he's right.

Things started to click a bit for Lee Trundle and I've got hopes the lad may yet prove us all wrong when his confidence picks up.

Some great football through the middle and once again Lee Johnson proved the doubters wrong.

!5.000 - what a cracking attendance for Blackpool especially considering they only had a small ish away support

We need a new striker

I couldn't get out of the Dolman early enough before the final whistle to beat the traffic ......... (OK that one's a bit tongue in cheek before the Dolman faithfull flame me...! - I don't tar everyone with the same brush)

My point is - who do you think had the happier night last night me or the negative thinker.

Jeff from Shire I can reccommend a good book if you like. Do you know that they've actually proved scientifically that negative thinkers and moaners (Glass half empty people) live shorter less fulfilled lives often with health problems attributable to their state of mind - just a bit of food for thought for you there mate.

On another note Gary J came up to the Atyeo yesterday for his salute as always when we win and gestured with one finger in one hand and a fist with the other and shrugged his shoulders as if in apology for only winning 1 - 0.

I hope you read this MR J because don't ever feel you need to apologise to me sir, I for one have utter respect and admiration for what you have done with everything about the club since you arrived and am actually now really worried that you will leave us soon if this fan negatiity continues. So I for one salute you sir. I will apologise to you for my some of my fellow fans who can't see the wood for the trees!

Please please keep doing what you are doing and remember the faithful and loyal who will stay with you through the rough and the smooth and not lose patience at the first little down turn.

If you ask my opinion we should learn a lesson form the mighty Kop at Liverpool, just look at the poor season they are having (relatively speaking of course) and yet their renowned loyal fans are still right behind Rafa Benitez through thick and thin becasue they have faith and patience and recognise his ability.

On that note though, I also salute the ever faithfull up behind me in the Atyeo block D and E who do the same each week chanting GJ's name - I'm proud to be part of one of the best stands at AG In my humble opinion - sadly they are just let down by the Jeff from Shirehampton's of this club.

Brilliant thread

(Still Shaking head)

Want to moan - go support the GAS. What is there to moan about? The negatives that are spouted here (Strikers, L Johnson, Luck et-al) are all positives which have got us where we are (2nd). Bring in a striker (and the stuff thats got us where we are could change and we let goals in - Keegan style). Effectively you are moaning about what MIGHT be. But just relax and look at the facts. We are looking like a strong championship side, have a class manager, team spirit... We should be proud - each and every one of us because for the first time in my BCFC long haul of worship I can hold my head up when I talk about us being a team with real promise.

They will carry on until GJ holds his hands up and say, "I have done what I can and they are still not happy, so I have taken the club as far as I can" and leave.

Yep, and then we have another god knows how many difficult - don't quite make it years and too many managers etc etc etc... while the moaners (and by this I mean 'the never see the bright-side, pathetic moaners who just bleat on and on' (rather than the fans who like to have their say but in their hearts walk with City arm in arm - right or wrong - in sickness and in health)). Just go back to Football Manager 2008 and tell us how it's really done... (Bugger being negative... Um ... Have a NICE day!)

The players probably do read this site and if I was one of the players I'd be pretty pissed off with the same old posters moaning about management tactics and about the players in general when we're second in the Championship.

If I was a player I wouldnt give a S*** about what posters on here say, As long as the manager has confidence in them it really doesnt matter. If what is being said on an internet forum is affecting them then the answer is simple - don't read it.

Some professional footballers are really starting to get on my tits. Steven Gerrard is a prime example - He said that all this takeover stuff at Liverpool is affecting the players performances on the pitch! Ah bless, I feel so sorry for him, He is so hard done by.

I didnt hear the Luton town players talking such crap when they hadnt been paid for 2 months but were still getting on with it and getting results.......

And no, This is isnt me criticising our club. We are almost guaranteed to finish in our highest position in my lifetime and I am delighted with it. I still have to do a double take at the league table sometimes!!

Just wanted to 'bump' this thread, brilliant post by 3bigcats. I frequent these boards but very rarely post, for I am shamefully what is termed as a 'Happy Clapper'. I have tried to come to terms with this terrible way of thinking for some time now and this thread has made me understand that I am not alone.

Will the people who moan constantly about lack of goals, the need for a striker, LJ, ES, LT, the ticketing, the stewards, the pies and pasties, the chairman, the police and everything else they constantly moan about just remember...........WERE 2ND IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO WHY don't YOU JUST SHUT UP AND LIVE WITH IT.

Let's just hope, if GJ has read some of this forum, that he also reads this thread and can see there is A LOT of positive support for the team even amongst the relatively small proportion of fans that post on otib!!!!

This is my most exciting time ever as a City fan (even though I can ge to fewer matches than in previous years due to being at uni) and that is almost entirely down to Johnson... long may it continue!!!

:city:

Just wanted to jump in and say I agree with the posts above and am delighted Johnson has finally said something about it.

This includes moaning about LJ, LT, or anybody else.

Our fans need to accept that we are better than we have been for years, and the whingers are stuck in a rut of negativity. They should accept that Johnson has proven he knows what he is doing, and they should accept that decisions which look strange are still better than the ones they would make. WE ARE SECOND IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Now let's get behind GJ and ALL of the lads and roar them on to the Premiership!

Did anybody also see what happened when LT lost the ball in the first half and the ball went out for a throw in.

Half a dozen, burberry clad w'nkers swore and abused him. LT returned the compliment, and fair play to him.

Absolute f@cking d i c k h e a d s!!!!!!!

Are these the same muppets who were causing trouble last home game? cant find the thread?

No need for it what so ever. If he wasn't putting any effort in (a la Dinning) you could see where they were coming from but the amount of effort he does put in he deserves nothing. His confidence is so low its untrue, scared to shoot, scared to try anything, poeple like this do not help one little bit.

We need a new striker

What a top class post, I am stunned by the amount of moaning AGAIN after a win which puts us right up there. The usual suspects will trot out the 'Lucky' rubbish again, you don't get promotion then sit where we are after 27 games with luck. Thank god we have sensible fans like the ones who have posted their support on this thread, WE ARE NOT MANCHESTER UNITED! we are Bristol City, we currently have a great future to look forward to and that is exactly what I will be doing.

I pity those that choose to whinge and moan at times like these, sad, very very sad, and before certain posters give it the old 'it's a forum...opinions...blah...blah'I quite agree, there are people on this forum who give a balanced view, there are others who just spit vitriol and won't be happy until Gary Johnson/Lee Johnson/Lee Trundle leave and we can sink back to mediocrity, it's amusing that at least one of these 'supporters' who was very vocal about the team last year saying we wouldn't go up, completely disappeared.....until a couple of results didn't go our way then they're back....surprise, surprise spouting the same crap as last year!!! Well we're second, we have a team and manager to be proud of, i'll keep reading the posts of balanced posters that I quite often don't agree with, but at least they give their honest opinion and give credit where it's due, as for the others? THANK GOD FOR THE IGNORE BUTTON!

Unfortunately this BCFC forum and others made the following headline on the backpage of yesterday's Bristol Evening Post.....

"Gary's Anger at Web Chat"

....Gary Johnson claimed in the article, by Andy Stockhausen, that many posts about signing players were "hurtful" and "wide of the mark".

Agree with all that has been said - would hope though that the players would see through the moaning brigade - after all they are the ones delivering on the pitch, while the forum scribblers are just that forum scribblers who may have a view that some agree with but which most do not.

One thing I'd ask is please no more LJ threads even the positive ones simply mean the knockers have another platform

Did anybody also see what happened when LT lost the ball in the first half and the ball went out for a throw in.

Half a dozen, burberry clad w'nkers swore and abused him. LT returned the compliment, and fair play to him.

Absolute f@cking d i c k h e a d s!!!!!!!

3 rows in front of me. The fat #### 'odd-job look-a-like does it every game, total W* a* n* k* e* r! I have posted about the exact same situation on Ziderheads last night. I am still steaming about it now.

I am really pissed off with the shite Trundle is having to endure. He is a quality player trying to adjust to the step up like everyone else. Its as if 1 million quid should have bought a CCC striker that can produce 20 odd goals a season, and as we have seen in this transfer window -

1) Not many strikers in our league will hit 20 goals anyway.

2) The ones that can or will are either unavailable or priced starting at 5 million +

3) The 'Fox -in - the - Box' everyone craves will not fit GJ's work ethic expected of his strikers.

The above are straight up facts. So everyone should stop whinging about it and get behind the boys in red that are working their b***ocks off each and every week to try and get to the one singular goal we all want - City in the Prem.

If all you wanna do is moan and abuse just F*%k off somewhere else because your misplaced and under educated rants regarding the tactical attributes and player performances of GJ and the team are simply unhelpful and unwanted!

Well I rang up radio Bristol yesterday and said that our link up play was good but our final ball poor. Its glaringly obvious that we need a striker who can bang the goals in and whilst I wont slate players the ones that are upfront arent doing the business. We have one of the strongest midfields in the championship and not a bad defence we just need an extra edge upfront to ensure at least a play-off place is ours at the end of the season. Weve achieved far more than any city fan has expected, therefore the need to strengthen at a crucial part of our season is a must if we want to push on to the premiership.

listening to Radio Bristol is just embrassing now with the amount of idiots that ring/text in, you can hear the dispare in Twentyman's voice with the amount of moaning that happens after games.

to be honest majority of them are old people though, who quite simply will still find complaints with us winning the premiership and champions league double, despite not losing a game all season, it will still be a case of Johnson is getting it all wrong and Lansdown isn't spending enough money.

Archived