IGNORED

Moaning B C F C 'supporters'... (merged)

Mr Mosquito

How exactly were we lucky? Basso had one save to make in the second half and that from a free kick. That's not luck it's called good defending. An important part of the game I would have thought. I also fail to follow the argument that we will fall out of the promotion race without a new striker. On that logic we would surely not be in the race in the first place.

We won't fall out of the promotion race purely without a new striker.

But we will make it much harder for ourselves should we not get one in.

We are up there through hard work, solid defensive displays, a little bit of luck in some away games and goals from the midfield.

The striker area is lacking and we should look to strengthen it.

Our goal difference is glaringly a weak point if you look at it in comparison to those around us.

We are up there through hard work, solid defensive displays, a little bit of luck in some away games and goals from the midfield.

Exactly. What I don't understand is why some are assuming that will not continue to be the case. They may be right but it seems to be regarded as inevitable. I seem to have been hearing from day one that the bubble is about to burst.

Guest ashtonyate

The problem is when we a goal down I can't see us scoring two as proved by Colchester and when we are behind the first thing Johnson does is put a tall defender up front so it shows he know what we need so go out and buy one and stop faffing around

The problem is when we a goal down I can't see us scoring two as proved by Colchester and when we are behind the first thing Johnson does is put a tall defender up front so it shows he know what we need so go out and buy one and stop faffing around

Jeeze. Why didn't GJ think of that? It sounds so bloody simple. In some sense I do agree with you. We should be allowed to have our say. Before the Internet and Forums this was the stuff of the pub. But, on here your words stick because you've put them into print. I know little about you but I'm guessing you're not a football manager. Therefore, spouting stuff as though it is obvious and we're all missing the point because you would make a better manager than the present one is laughable. That is why 'us' happy clappers spend so much time with the happy glasses on. We know that deep down we'd be s%$t at the real thing. Because all this is just fantasy... we will never get to do the one job for our beloved city that we want. Serving burgers is as far as I got...

Jeeze. Why didn't GJ think of that?

:clapping:

It really is laughable. With the Internet I too can play at being a top class football manager. :icecream: The reality is that most of us haven't a hope in hell of playing for BCFC let alone managing the club. However, we can all act out our fantasies on here by telling Gary Johnson where he's going wrong and who he should be signing next etc. This forum and the Internet in general is a Gobshite's charter and I love it. :clapping:

Sorry to disagree Nogbad but "Terry from Shirehampton" has become a real pain who phones into Twentyman directly after every home game to moan and complain. He really needs to take some happy pills or find something else to do with his Saturday afternoons - because watching City never seems to make him happy.

Makes me wonder if you could ever see Terry and AshtonYate together in the same room?

Fair enough Rudolf, I've only really heard him on a Friday, when he seems alright.

Although even then I reckon GT sometimes appears to steer City callers towards negativity.

I thought maybe people were mixing him up with Mike from Stockwood, the one who had the bet on.

Cynic seems to reckon "Terry" comes on here, be interesting if he made himself known.

Cynic seems to reckon "Terry" comes on here, be interesting if he made himself known.

DaveL, our matchday announcer, seems to be taking a keen interest in this thread. :winner_third_h4h: So will "Terry" now make himself known to us and - more importantly - DaveL? :innocent06:

My mind's eye view of 'Terry from Shirehampton' :rolleyes: ........

victormeldrew220ke8.jpg

DaveL, our matchday announcer, seems to be taking a keen interest in this thread. :winner_third_h4h: So will "Terry" now make himself known to us and - more importantly - DaveL? :innocent06:

My mind's eye view of 'Terry from Shirehampton' :rolleyes: ........

victormeldrew220ke8.jpg

Don't think Dave originates from these yer parts.

Whatever you think of Terry, he's got a great Bristol accent.

Guest ashtonyate

I am fed with poster being so negative saying we cannot afford a striker or there no one out there better than we got. Even Johnson knows that we lack fire power up front and may still bring a player in

Most of the poster having a go at me know deep down our striking force is pants but are in denial

I am being told I am negative but up to some of the post about goal scorer i am the most positive poster on the forum that because I want to give the team ever chance of going up.

I am fed with poster being so negative saying we cannot afford a striker or there no one out there better than we got. Even Johnson knows that we lack fire power up front and may still bring a player in

Most of the poster having a go at me know deep down our striking force is pants but are in denial

I am being told I am negative but up to some of the post about goal scorer i am the most positive poster on the forum that because I want to give the team ever chance of going up.

I was in denial 5 years ago....she still left me though!

Think about it

Because it has to be the right player, at the right price, who wants to come for the right reasons, who will fit into the dressing room mentality Gary Johnson has created and be a positive influence on the players at the club rather than a disruptive or negative one.

I, for one, trust the manager to do that and make the right decision. And I'd say the results he's achieved thus far afford him the right to be respected for whatever decision he makes which he feels is right for the football club.

Ultimately, the manager will be judged on results and either keep his job, lose his job or move on to bigger things based on those. With that in mind, he will do what he thinks is right to achieve the best possible results.

If you want to give the team the best possible chance of going up, then why not trust the man who has got us this far already to make the right decisions to give us that chance?

What has he done to make you doubt he isn't capable or trying to do just that?

I agree with you entirely and so, I suspect, do the majority of people on here. However, there are a few pertinent points that several on here seem to miss every time:

1. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from rubbishing our present strike force. We'd all like better but why slate what has got us this far?

2. Not one of us knows exactly what Gary has planned or what constraints he is working under. Most of us aren't so arrogant as to assume that we know better than the man who has proved himself to be a very good manager of our club.

3. Just because Gary says nothing doesn't mean he thinks nothing. He probably sees the need for a striker but also sees the benefit in keeping quiet.

4. There is a strong chance that bringing in the wrong player could actually make things worse. I'd rather bring in nobody at all than bring in somebody who upsets the team spirit.

Frankly I think you'd be hard put to find anyone on here who would say that City did not need a 30 goal a season striker. However, repeatedly stating "we need a striker" when you have absolutely no idea of the mechanics of the situation is simply counter-productive. People aren't disagreeing with you because they think we don't need a striker, they just recognise that it might not be possible and that the present team really doesn't have much wrong with it.

Leroy Lita scored 30 + ish for us and guess what, we didnt go up.

Did he fit in with the style of play?

Did he fit in with the work ethic?

Was he a team player?

What we he like for team morale?

Think about it long and hard.

Football isnt just about scoring goals.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Guest ashtonyate
Leroy Lita scored 30 + ish for us and guess what, we didnt go up.

Did he fit in with the style of play?

Did he fit in with the work ethic?

Was he a team player?

What we he like for team morale?

Think about it long and hard.

Football isnt just about scoring goals.

And Trundle does he fit in he has scored 3 I know who I would want in my team

Because it has to be the right player, at the right price, who wants to come for the right reasons, who will fit into the dressing room mentality Gary Johnson has created and be a positive influence on the players at the club rather than a disruptive or negative one.

I, for one, trust the manager to do that and make the right decision. And I'd say the results he's achieved thus far afford him the right to be respected for whatever decision he makes which he feels is right for the football club.

Ultimately, the manager will be judged on results and either keep his job, lose his job or move on to bigger things based on those. With that in mind, he will do what he thinks is right to achieve the best possible results.

If you want to give the team the best possible chance of going up, then why not trust the man who has got us this far already to make the right decisions to give us that chance?

What has he done to make you doubt he isn't capable or trying to do just that?

Wise words indeed edson, let's just trust Gary Johnson's judgement. Afterall, we're now in our highest league position at this stage of a season for 28 years. Who the hell can argue with that fantastic achievement? Especially given the fact of how little Gary Johnson has spent so far to get us here !!!!!! :clapping:

This is not the time for moaning, this is a time for rejoicing with regard to the fact we're now on the verge of the top flight and the promised land. :icecream:

Enjoy !!!

All the moaning coming from certain sections of our support is damnright criminal. With the best standard of BCFC football being played for some 30 odd years there's certainly something seriously wrong with their attitude to this club. Anyone that sees fit to moan about our players and management tactics when we're now second in the Championship after 27 games played is a complete loon in my opinion. What's wrong with these so called 'supporters'? :noexpression:

'Stuck In Work' - posting on ziderheads as per link below - even heard the moaners on Radio Bristol. Were these moaners actually at the Blackpool game to see the quality of football on offer ???!!!! :noexpression:

http://www.ziderheads.co.uk/ch/index.php?s...&#entry8914

Unfortunately Red Goblin, these "moaners" take a hell of a lot to make happy....

I mean if one promotion in GJ's 1st season isn't good enough thats bad, but to be still moaning about being joint top is ridiculous.

They won't be happy until we win the premership the champions league and the FA cup, they probably still moan then!

Unfortunately Red Goblin, these "moaners" take a hell of a lot to make happy....

I mean if one promotion in GJ's 1st season isn't good enough thats bad, but to be still moaning about being joint top is ridiculous.

They won't be happy until we win the premership the champions league and the FA cup, they probably still moan then!

bcfc_4_life, I'm euphoric about us signing Adebola and being second in the Championship after 29 games. :winner_third_h4h:

.....forget the moaners because we're almost there !!!!!!!!! :icecream:

With the signing of Adebola, after 28 years I do really believe we're just 17 games away from a return to the top flight. Win a minimum of 12 of those 17 games and I reckon we should be up automatically. :clapping:

Poxy Div 4 in 1982 was our Stalingrad and we survived, now we're in sight of the promised land just as the Red Army troops shown below were in sight of smashing the Fuhrer bunker in April 1945. Red Army !!!!!.....

redarmypq9.png

Up the City

bcfc_4_life, I'm euphoric about us signing Adebola and being second in the Championship after 29 games. :winner_third_h4h:

.....forget the moaners because we're almost there !!!!!!!!! :icecream:

With the signing of Adebola, after 28 years I do really believe we're just 17 games away from a return to the top flight. Win a minimum of 12 of those 17 games and I reckon we should be up automatically. :clapping:

Poxy Div 4 in 1982 was our Stalingrad and we survived, now we're in sight of the promised land just as the Red Army troops shown below were in sight of smashing the Fuhrer bunker in April 1945. Red Army !!!!!.....

redarmypq9.png

Up the City

Here here chap, although it does get annoying reading negativity, with some of the post's you woudn't think we were joint top made a good signing which could push us over the line, and the chance of premiership football.

Life, as a Bristol City fan at the last 2 years has been up on cloud 9.

Archived