IGNORED

Moaning B C F C 'supporters'... (merged)

Mr Mosquito

The happy clappers league here then you do not frighten me into not posting, yesterday second half we were poor and i don't care if we were in the premierships we were still poor.

We lack forwards and I don't care what anyone says we were very lucky to win that game and you lot my hold sway on here but you listen to the crowd around the ground you would soon get a different opinion to what you get on here.

After the substations the team lacked any resemblance of shape or style and people pay there money and there view are not all wrong I fed up with this look where we are lark

We

Got

The

Three

FFS !!!!!!!

Interesting thread this. In my humble opinion, we played some fantastic football yesterday and went joint top of the the league. Anyone who didn't enjoy that needs their head examined!

Unfortunately, you'll always get moaners in every walk of life but the only slight moan I have is the need for another striker. Otherwise, everything's rosy for me with BCFC. People have been moaning down the Gate for years as we've toiled in the lower league's and I appreciate that it's a habit of a lifetime but there really is very little to moan about down there at the moment.

'Fans' who ring up Twentyman and have a moan are very sad people and are not the voice of the club. The real fans will be discussing events in the pub or in their car back home and I didn't hear one bad word said about yesterday in the BS3 after the game.

As for those idiots who abused Trundle in the Dolman, if they've done it before and keep doing it shop them to a steward and get them chucked out. If that fails, give 'em a good clip round the ear. Twats!

What a top class post, I am stunned by the amount of moaning AGAIN after a win which puts us right up there. The usual suspects will trot out the 'Lucky' rubbish again, you don't get promotion then sit where we are after 27 games with luck. Thank god we have sensible fans like the ones who have posted their support on this thread, WE ARE NOT MANCHESTER UNITED! we are Bristol City, we currently have a great future to look forward to and that is exactly what I will be doing.

I pity those that choose to whinge and moan at times like these, sad, very very sad, and before certain posters give it the old 'it's a forum...opinions...blah...blah'I quite agree, there are people on this forum who give a balanced view, there are others who just spit vitriol and won't be happy until Gary Johnson/Lee Johnson/Lee Trundle leave and we can sink back to mediocrity, it's amusing that at least one of these 'supporters' who was very vocal about the team last year saying we wouldn't go up, completely disappeared.....until a couple of results didn't go our way then they're back....surprise, surprise spouting the same crap as last year!!! Well we're second, we have a team and manager to be proud of, i'll keep reading the posts of balanced posters that I quite often don't agree with, but at least they give their honest opinion and give credit where it's due, as for the others? THANK GOD FOR THE IGNORE BUTTON!

Just a quick note of thanks to Yessir and Worthyred. Reading all the threads on this post gives me a real buzz now because I can see the positive people are getting fed up with the moaners and giving their due response.

Look out for me, my wife and my little girl in the Atyeo every home game clapping every player off win,draw or lose. We are easy to spot because my little girl always wears her Home top with - yes you guessed it No 33 and Johnson on the back. She wears it with pride and with a two fingers up to the doubters. For that I make no apology and yes I can't deny I influenced her choice of name and number on her shirt this season. Again I make no apology for that.

Alas, as positive as I try to be, it does genuinely worry me that GJ will get fed up of this and leave us when a better offer comes along. There has to be club execs out there in tune with these moaners thinking GJ must be getting fed up of it and make him an offer.

If that happens- we will only have ourselves to blame.

But then the moaners will probably start moaning about the quality of the blades of grass on our pitch and how they are not quite as good as european grass ...... you get the picture!

Did someone say Victor Meldrew was a city fan ..........?

We are going up...I said we are going up! Only West Brom have a decent strike force and they have the same number of points as us! Nobody has a better midfield...especially now Carle has joined the ranks...nobody has a home-grown talent like Carey and a Hungarian international to fill in at the back...nobody else has wingers as good as McIndoe and Sproule. That is why they are all below us in the table.

If Watford want to catch us up they will have to get three points away to Sheffield United...anyone think that will be easy? WBA have to go to Preston midweek and they are scrapping for their lives for survival....they may get a point to put them one point ahead of us.

Next weekend we have a tough fixture away to QPR...lots of new players settling in there...can we beat them...Get behind the lads and I'm sure they will give it a go.....there is nothing to moan about. I was behind the goal when Cheesley headed us into the lead in the first game away to Arsenal when we reached the top flight....If Trundle's next goal is at the Emirates in September for us to win 1-0 somebody will be on here moaning...but how sad are they...

We lack forwards and I don't care what anyone says we were very lucky to win that game and you lot my hold sway on here but you listen to the crowd around the ground you would soon get a different opinion to what you get on here.

After the substations the team lacked any resemblance of shape or style and people pay there money and there view are not all wrong I fed up with this look where we are lark

In the 1998/99 season, i.e. the last time we were in this division, we ended up finishing bottom. We finished bottom with the 'benefit' of 3 expensive strikers - Ade Akinbiyi, Tony Thorpe and Sorensen if memory serves me correct. I'm also quite sure that both Thorpe and Akinbiyi cost us £1million plus each - a fortune for olde Div 2 level strikers in those days. It just goes to prove that there's more to gaining promotion or even just surviving in this division than expensive strikers.

Couldn't agree more. I've said this once and I'll say it again, these people were born to moan it's just that being a footbal fan gives them another vehicle to do it. I couldn't believe my ears listening to Geoff 20man on the way back yesterday and some guy called Jeff from Shirehampton phoned in moaning. Jeff if you are reading this and can't be happy with where city are at the moment then I honestly don't know why you bother going. But then I'm guessing you probably sat in your local last night moaning about the new barman because he doesn't really pull a pint fast enough for your liking.

I felt ashamed when some sag called "Proud Gas Head" sent a text in after Jeff's from Shire's call and said "City fans are unbelievable - they get a home win and phone in to complain" Hate to agree with a sag but he's right.

So basically yesterday I went home thinking the following :

Great 3 points hard earned

Didn't quite have lady luck but still come away with 3 points

Nicky Carle was class - boy oh boy am I looking forward to seeing more of him.

Things started to click a bit for Lee Trundle and I've got hopes the lad may yet prove us all wrong when his confidence picks up.

Some great football through the middle and once again Lee Johnson proved the doubters wrong.

Merv Elliot was great again.

What a season we are having

!5.000 - what a cracking attendance for Blackpool especially considering they only had a small ish away support

In contrast I bet the Moaners went home thinking the following:

We played badly today and were lucky to get the points

We need a new striker

There was no attempt by us to finish the game off etc etc

We only had 15,000 because it was quid a kid - gumble grumble grumbel......

I couldn't get out of the Dolman early enough before the final whistle to beat the traffic ......... (OK that one's a bit tongue in cheek before the Dolman faithfull flame me...! - I don't tar everyone with the same brush)

My point is - who do you think had the happier night last night me or the negative thinker.

Jeff from Shire I can reccommend a good book if you like. Do you know that they've actually proved scientifically that negative thinkers and moaners (Glass half empty people) live shorter less fulfilled lives often with health problems attributable to their state of mind - just a bit of food for thought for you there mate.

On another note Gary J came up to the Atyeo yesterday for his salute as always when we win and gestured with one finger in one hand and a fist with the other and shrugged his shoulders as if in apology for only winning 1 - 0.

I hope you read this MR J because don't ever feel you need to apologise to me sir, I for one have utter respect and admiration for what you have done with everything about the club since you arrived and am actually now really worried that you will leave us soon if this fan negatiity continues. So I for one salute you sir. I will apologise to you for my some of my fellow fans who can't see the wood for the trees!

Please please keep doing what you are doing and remember the faithful and loyal who will stay with you through the rough and the smooth and not lose patience at the first little down turn.

If you ask my opinion we should learn a lesson form the mighty Kop at Liverpool, just look at the poor season they are having (relatively speaking of course) and yet their renowned loyal fans are still right behind Rafa Benitez through thick and thin becasue they have faith and patience and recognise his ability.

On that note though, I also salute the ever faithfull up behind me in the Atyeo block D and E who do the same each week chanting GJ's name - I'm proud to be part of one of the best stands at AG In my humble opinion - sadly they are just let down by the Jeff from Shirehampton's of this club.

Not wishing to correct you for the sake of it, but it's actually TERRY from Shirehampton.

I think it's important that we correctly identify the bloody idiot!

The bloke is a complete w***er who always appears to have an over inflated opinion of himself.

Anyone that sees fit to moan about our players and management tactics when we're now second in the Championship after 27 games played is a complete loon in my opinion.

Writing of corrections, we're actually second in the Championship after 29 games played after beating Blackpool and not 27 games as I previously stated in my initial post above. We've therefore gained 51 points so far and we still have 51 points left to play for from 17 games. We could finish as Champions with 102 points? Anyone for that delightful scenario? :icecream:

Brilliant thread

Yes, all the self-righteous City fans have gathered together in one place and are competing for the title of most sanctimonious fan on the planet.

The Stalinist view that all is wonderful at Ashton Gate and nobody has the right to criticise anything at all is really getting on my nerves. Yes, our league position is unbelievably good, but some of our performances have been average at best. Frankly, I thought the last twenty minutes of yesterday's game were awful, and the negative substitutions just made things worse. We clung on for three points but the group of fans I go with were thoroughly fed up at the final whistle and couldn't wait to leave and put another forgettable performance behind us.

I would never phone Twentypence and have a moan on air because that just gives the biased Gashead and his cronies even more opportunities to have a go at us. Those City fans who do phone him up to moan are just giving comfort to our enemies.

In the 1998/99 season, i.e. the last time we were in this division, we ended up finishing bottom. We finished bottom with the 'benefit' of 3 expensive strikers - Ade Akinbiyi, Tony Thorpe and Sorensen if memory serves me correct. I'm also quite sure that both Thorpe and Akinbiyi cost us £1million plus each - a fortune for olde Div 2 level strikers in those days. It just goes to prove that there's more to gaining promotion or even just surviving in this division than expensive strikers.

Soren Andersen - but here's my point.

We are joint top of the 2nd tier but that shouldn't be used as an excuse not to debate the highs and lows of our games. How on earth do we get better if we ignore our weaknesses? Is it a crime to utter that we look lightweight up front? That maybe our passing went astray in the second half? Maybe we could debate GJs choice of substitutions? One chap in front of me said that if we could use four substitutions he'd bring on Weale for Byfield! If we start a thread suggesting that GJ would be better off with more attacking substitutions we get accused of being some sad moaning git.

I for one am thrilled to bits with virtually everything at BCFC at the moment but I'd like to have someone with pace and power up front to shake up the opposition defence a bit. I'd also like to see Johnson back his players and when 1-0 up at home put a bit more emphasis on attack instead of waving the white flag with Skuse and Fontaine.

As for yesterday all the players were magnificent - the hard work and commitment is fantastic, the team spirit is immense and these guys can play.

Please everyone - stop posting "look where we are in the league = you are not allowed to mention anything that can be improved.

Yes, all the self-righteous City fans have gathered together in one place and are competing for the title of most sanctimonious fan on the planet.

The Stalinist view that all is wonderful at Ashton Gate and nobody has the right to criticise anything at all is really getting on my nerves. Yes, our league position is unbelievably good, but some of our performances have been average at best. Frankly, I thought the last twenty minutes of yesterday's game were awful, and the negative substitutions just made things worse. We clung on for three points but the group of fans I go with were thoroughly fed up at the final whistle and couldn't wait to leave and put another forgettable performance behind us.

I would never phone Twentypence and have a moan on air because that just gives the biased Gashead and his cronies even more opportunities to have a go at us. Those City fans who do phone him up to moan are just giving comfort to our enemies.

Fed up with another 3 points , I suggest you see your doctor early monday morning

The happy clappers league here then you do not frighten me into not posting, yesterday second half we were poor and i don't care if we were in the premierships we were still poor.

If the whole situation makes you so bitter and miserable why on earth do you go. If you choose to stop you will surely be a lot happier. As a side effect so will a lot of other people.

Fed up with another 3 points , I suggest you see your doctor early monday morning

As I've already posted on the ziderheads forum - for a genuine BCFC supporter to be moaning about our players and management tactics when we're second in the Championship - they would definately be in need of some psychiatric treatment. It's definately a mental health problem.

Even Bonaparte's luck ran out Johnson seems to be a lucky Manager but in the end you must have the right players.

At the moment up front we have not any quality a lot of the happy clappers may be in denial but we are poor up front.

We never had a central strike on the bench why not because we have none except Enock at johnson was going to sell him.

I shall keep on the same thing until we buy some

ashtonyate,

Listen very closely.

Take your time.

Slowly but surely read through the following statement. It will be to your benefit.

You are not wanted at Ashton Gate.

STAY AWAY FROM THE GATE

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Just what do you want? What do they have to do to make you happy????

His name is Terry and yes, I think the miserable git does post on here.

Victor Meldrew is the life and soul of a party compared to him - I feel sorry for his mrs.

I really don't know why that plank goes to games as it clearly makes him unhappy. And after 3 minutes of him on 20p, I'm in danger of losing the will to live.

Blimey, i don't hear all the phone -ins but I always reckon 'Terry from Shirehampton" is alright. Others much worse than him, surely?

Are you sure this is the bloke who riles you so much?

Who is he if he posts on here? :dunno:

Guest ashtonyate
ashtonyate,

Listen very closely.

Take your time.

Slowly but surely read through the following statement. It will be to your benefit.

You are not wanted at Ashton Gate.

STAY AWAY FROM THE GATE

go way in short sharp movements

Andy, what would it take to change for you and your friends to change your opinion on football? If, for example, you were all granted a week to watch Alex Ferguson take training sessions at Man Utd, do you think you would have a greater knowledge, and possibly a slighty different understading of the game?

This is obviously never going to happen. Maybe though, after seeing Bristol City put in 'some average performances at best', you can tell me something. Which performances were these exactly? Because, for me, every game I have seen we have played very good football. To back up my point, we are second in the league.

What will it take for you to change your mind about these performances? Would you include Blackpool in these 'awful performances'? From my point of view, Blackpool had a very talented and dangerous winger in Wes Hoolahan who had the potential to cause us a lot of problems. So Johnson changed to a more defensive style. Is this 'negative' in your eyes? What would you have done? Because I don't think it's fair to criticise Johnson without offering alternatives.

As for you being thoroughly fed up at the final whistle, I'm speechless. I don't think even the most well-reasoned argument will ever make you concede that this is the wrong attitude. How about clapping the players off for working hard and making sure we won?

Even Bonaparte's luck ran out Johnson seems to be a lucky Manager but in the end you must have the right players.

At the moment up front we have not any quality a lot of the happy clappers may be in denial but we are poor up front.

We never had a central strike on the bench why not because we have none except Enock at johnson was going to sell him.

I shall keep on the same thing until we buy some

There is an old saying that you make your own luck!!! There have been a lot of games this season that could have gone either way, but more have gone in our favour simply because the players have got themselves very fit and work their socks off in games and work for each other with a great team spirit!!

Most of this is down to the manager, who i'm sure would love to add a prolific striker who would fit into and add to this extremely succesful squad!!

In fact i am sure he is working very hard trying to find one and agonizing over wether their personality will fit in, so to keep harping on about it and worse whining that we haven't got one yet is at the very least tedious!!!

We can all pluck names out of the air but the reality of getting the right man/men is very different. What the Goblin is saying that what we have now is extremely good by BCFC standards and maybe we should appreciate it a bit more, and horror of horrors, enjoy it a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the Goblin is saying that what we have now is extremely good by BCFC standards and maybe we should appreciate it a bit more, and horror of horrors, enjoy it a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly right old spot, by BCFC standards we now have a fantastic team and a great manager. The current BCFC side is the best we've had at Ashton Gate for almost 30 years and it really shouldn't take a football expert to appreciate that fact. The league table doesn't lie at this stage of the season and we really do have the makings of a decent Premiership standard side. Blimey, we only very narrowly lost to Middlesbrough and Man City in the cup competitions this season and they are both very good Premiership sides.

Guest ashtonyate
Exactly right old spot, by BCFC standards we now have a fantastic team and a great manager. The current BCFC side is the best we've had at Ashton Gate for almost 30 years and it really shouldn't take a football expert to appreciate that fact. The league table doesn't lie at this stage of the season and we really do have the makings of a decent Premiership standard side. Blimey, we only very narrowly lost to Middlesbrough and Man City in the cup competitions this season and they are both very good Premiership sides.

If you read Bristol boys report I think it give a fair discreaption on yesterday game that's what I seen most of the red mist glass wearers on here think we were brillant from start to finish i am sorry but i try to see things fairly and for most of the second half we were not in the game

If you read Bristol boys report I think it give a fair discreaption on yesterday game that's what I seen most of the red mist glass wearers on here think we were brillant from start to finish i am sorry but i try to see things fairly and for most of the second half we were not in the game

OK, Gary Johnson could have thrown the whole team forwards in search of more goals and left us dangerously exposed at the back and I bet Blackpool would have beaten us. We didn't have so much of the game in the second half because Blackpool were pressing very hard for an equalizer and Blackpool are a good side well capable of beating us or anyone else in this division. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the way we won that game yesterday. There was quality football from both sides and we won the 3 points. :winner_third_h4h:

Bristol boys reports are generally fair......yours are definately not!

No one on here is claiming city had it all there own way againgt Blackpool, but they did enough to win against quite a good Blackpool side.

You seem so bitter! Let the hate out....take a deep breath,and try to be a bit more positive. Perhaps you need to be listened to. Perhaps this is your way of getting the attention you crave, i am sure deep down you are a nice guy. I love watching the footy.....do you......do you?.......be honest with yourself!

Blimey, i don't hear all the phone -ins but I always reckon 'Terry from Shirehampton" is alright. Others much worse than him, surely?

Are you sure this is the bloke who riles you so much?

Who is he if he posts on here? :dunno:

Sorry to disagree Nogbad but "Terry from Shirehampton" has become a real pain who phones into Twentyman directly after every home game to moan and complain. He really needs to take some happy pills or find something else to do with his Saturday afternoons - because watching City never seems to make him happy.

Makes me wonder if you could ever see Terry and AshtonYate together in the same room?

Don't bother going anymore, the love has gone for you, spend your Saturdays out on the golf course or with the grandchildren, maybe sat in front of the telly watching a black and white war film, then drift off to sleep and wake up after 5 o clock so you miss the scores, don't watch the championship next morning or nip out and buy the paper with the results in, you'll only be disappointed.

Give it a go for a few years, maybe you'll discover that you don't need to watch the City anymore, because if you can't enjoy this now, then, you will never enjoy anything at the gate.

You have been going since the 50's, you have only seen 4 seasons at a better standard than this in your 50 odd years of going, we may well be on the verge of having another stint in the top flight 30 years on from the last one, everyone under the age of 30 hasn't seen this before, think about it, 4 years out of 50, and here we are again, on the brink of something that may not happen again for another 30 years. You may not be around to see it again, enjoy the ride.

I was a 5 year old trying to make sense of it all the last time City were in the top flight. When City got promoted to the top flight back in the 70's my dad hopped on the band wagon, he took me and my brothers along, since then he has become a season ticket holder every year, so can you imagine what would happen if we get promoted this time, new fans will appear and some will stick by the club for ever.

Just a few years on he was among those at Newport for what was the very last game, come on you miserable old sod, cheer up, enjoy it, it may be the last time you ever see City in the top flight or indeed be this close again for a very long time.

Thats the lad Lee, stomach hanging out from his tee shirt with his band of merry men.

I just don't understand it all.

Then when he got took off they applauded!

I must be losing the plot

I didn't get to the Blackpool game this weekend as I didn't get back in time from London - are these fellas you're on about sit near the front of the Dolman by the East End?

My bro and I move around the stands a bit but there were characters fitting this description with the odd-job bloke sat there for Forest last season.

All they wanted to do was sing about the Amici bar, I bet they weren't even ######ing there. Total bellends.

I'll stay right out of this one on our performance as I didn't make the game so can't comment.

I'll back the boys and GJ 100% as I always have, however we do have some problems up front that need resolving.

There are moaners at every sports club in the world, but City do seem to have more than their fair share. The honest fact is that lots of these idiots actually want us to lose. They'd never admit it of course, but if we lose, they can moan, and prove they were right. It's like when Fontaine came on on Saturday and, to be fair, he looked like he didn't know where he was supposed to be playing. Bloke behind me starts ranting at me - and you could just tell he would have been secretly pleased had we conceeded a late one 'Told you we should have kept Carle on' etc etc. There's nothing I hate more at Ashton Gate than the groan that goes round the ground (usually eminating from the Williams, has to be said) when one of our players makes the slightest mistake.

Fact is, these people would be more content to see us in mid table in league one, playing awful football so that they really would have something to whinge about. They're out of their comfort zones at the moment, and are forced to pick on the tiniest thing. I wish they'd just stay away.

Well I never thought I would be saying it but......ASHTONYATE I agree with you (just this once though)

If AT ANYTIME we sit back and get fat on the feeling of "look where we are" then we will get nowhere

We were lucky to hang on - and this can be said of several games

Our performances have dipped recently and people pay good money so they deserve the right to criticise and moan if they wish -

its no good burying heads in sand -

What will the "stop moaning" brigade be saying when we continue to perform poorly and drop out of the promotion race?

Will it be - oh well we had a good laugh lets hope we don't get relegated next year?

or

What a waste of a great opportunity?

Well I never thought I would be saying it but......ASHTONYATE I agree with you (just this once though)

If AT ANYTIME we sit back and get fat on the feeling of "look where we are" then we will get nowhere

We were lucky to hang on - and this can be said of several games

Our performances have dipped recently and people pay good money so they deserve the right to criticise and moan if they wish -

its no good burying heads in sand -

What will the "stop moaning" brigade be saying when we continue to perform poorly and drop out of the promotion race?

Will it be - oh well we had a good laugh lets hope we don't get relegated next year?

or

What a waste of a great opportunity?

How exactly were we lucky? Basso had one save to make in the second half and that from a free kick. That's not luck it's called good defending. An important part of the game I would have thought. I also fail to follow the argument that we will fall out of the promotion race without a new striker. On that logic we would surely not be in the race in the first place.

Archived