IGNORED

Come On City Stop Talking The Talk If You Can't

Guest ashtonyate

Why do you keep talking as though Gary Johnson isn't looking to improve the forward line, when we all know he is?

Because ashtonyate, voice of the people and follower of no man, knows EVERYTHING!

And if you cannot understand this Edson then you are, quite frankly, beyond help! :whistle2:

Guest ashtonyate
Why do you keep talking as though Gary Johnson isn't looking to improve the forward line, when we all know he is?

The trouble is he has been looking for the last 2 1/2 years for a forward We have had Savage Smith and a few more that have been poor and the pist of Resistance Trundle.

Yet we can sign midfielder and defender by the truck load lets face it he does not like signing forwards

The trouble is he has been looking for the last 2 1/2 years for a forward We have had Savage Smith and a few more that have been poor and the pist of Resistance Trundle.

Yet we can sign midfielder and defender by the truck load lets face it he does not like signing forwards

You tell 'em comrad! :chant6ez:

Forget the facts, forget reality; just feed the rage! :ranting:

Good forwards are a lot harder to find. It's why even those with shit attitudes go for ridiculous money.

He doesn't like signing players with bad attitudes who won't enhance the team and the dressing room. The position doesn't come into it.

Guest ashtonyate
Good forwards are a lot harder to find. It's why even those with shit attitudes go for ridiculous money.

He doesn't like signing players with bad attitudes who won't enhance the team and the dressing room. The position doesn't come into it.

This dressing room thing if I was a player and my team got the nastiest person in the world to sign if he got me promoted and a big pay rise it would not worry me.

If they got a player in on more money than me who was not doing the business that would pea me off can you think who I might mean

This dressing room thing if I was a player and my team got the nastiest person in the world to sign if he got me promoted and a big pay rise it would not worry me.

Your logic is breathtakingly flawless.

Answer that 'rose-tinted' spectacle brigade, I DARE you!

Guest ashtonyate
it may be that what a players value is, is not the problem ......

its more likely what we would have to pay in Salary....

if we bring a strong pacy forward in at a much higher weekly wage than our existing players .... we would have a very happy AY, and 20 other less than happy players .......

an expensive forward playing in an unhappy team would not be the goal scoring genius you would say we need,

any idiot can spend money .... look ay Leicester and Fulham, and to a point Charlton

but to spend wisely needs a clever man.

i can remember when in Fred Fords reign, we had Jack Conner our centre half, being played as centre forward, then we had real forward problems .

I've no doubt, GJ, has plans for every eventuality ,

i also think LT and DB playing as a front two, started to look promising last saturday, a few more games playing together and they may surprise even AY

:englandsmile4wf:

Do you mean they are going to stand behind the entrance gate and jump out at me they better none I have a Dicky ticker

If they got a player in on more money than me who was not doing the business that would pea me off can you think who I might mean

So, if you were buying a player, you wouldn't even bother interviewing them? You would just go on their goalscoring stats, and sod the fact they may destroy the dressing room spirit Gary Johnson has worked tirelessly to create over the last two and a half years, which has seen us climb from the depths of League One to joint top points scorers in the Championship with just 17 games to play?

Gary Johnson is in the results business. A business he happens to be very successful in.

What has he done to make you believe he won't do absolutely the best thing for this football club to ensure it achieves the best results it possibly can?

Yes, but whether you personally liked them or not, Savage and Smith were signed for a reason = both of which gained the desire result.

Savage was signed to help pull us away from a relegation fight and too give us option up front when we had very little - He did that and we stayed up.

Smith was signed to help add competition to the forward line to ensure we gained promtion from League One - He did that and we went up.

Trundle was signed to improve the forward line and to ensure that the club at least were secure in this division - He did that and we are staying up without doubt.

Trundle wasn't signed with the expentancy that we would be pushing for Automatic Promotion for the Premiership because no one genuilly believed that was possibly, however we are pushing and Trundle has been part of the reason we are in that postion. He was signed to be a creative influcence and to get goals, he's not getting the goals at the moment, but he is still a creative influcence.

The manager disagree's with you? he's wants a squad with players with the right attitude, we have had players in the past with the wrong attitudes and it's resulted in failiure time and time again

The position doesn't come into it.

I'm not convinced that is correct. Selfishness, arrogance etc are seldom considered good traits in 'keepers, defenders or midfielders but in a goalscorer they are often what makes them what they are.

I'd guess that a disproportionate number of forwards have failed the Johnson test.

Help.

Can someone tell me what a "pist of resistance" is please.

Thank you.

I'm not convinced that is correct. Selfishness, arrogance etc are seldom considered good traits in 'keepers, defenders or midfielders but in a goalscorer they are often what makes them what they are.

I'd guess that a disproportionate number of forwards have failed the Johnson test.

Yeah, sorry, I worded that badly.

That's why I said forwards were harder to find, as they often won't pass the Johnson interview, due to the reasons you mention.

I meant 'position doesn't come into it' in as much as, be they a keeper, defender, midfielder or striker, they won't get through the door if their attitude isn't what Gary's looking for.

One day GJ will say enough is enough and he'll leave the club because he's fed up of the negativity of a few on here and at the gate.

Then we can go back to languishing at the bottom of division 1 and loosing over £2m a year.

Then you'll be happy, AY?

Or do we have to win the Premier League before you are satisfied. Deary me.

If Johnson leaves because of of the negativity of a few people on here then he is not the sort of manager I want managing my team.

The reality is he probably doesn't care what Ashtonyate has to say and nor should he.

Joint top after 29 games should be all he cares about.

People on this forum really aren't as important as some of them think they are.

If Johnson leaves because of of the negativity of a few people on here then he is not the sort of manager I want managing my team.

The reality is he probably doesn't care what Ashtonyate has to say and nor should he.

Joint top after 29 games should be all he cares about.

People on this forum really aren't as important as some of them think they are.

majority on here don't care what AY has to say, Why would Johnson.

Your Wrong on the final part though, some people on here actually know more about football, formations, players ability and attitudes, than a sucessful person who has actually managed himself from Non-League football to the top of the championship.

I an fed up with the management telling us there is money to spend then they target another over the hill 30 some think.

If they are serious about us going up then show it with some Quality not trying to do it on the cheap.

If we did go up we would be in the same position as we are now looking for another forward if we are going to buy get some one with some mileage on the clock.

I know the happy clappers will be gritting their teeth but this is the worst forward line that we have ever had or very nearly.

Please don't tell me to look at the league tables it cuts no ice with me our Forwards apart from Byfield are so poor its unbelievable.

If we can't buy quality don't any one get Brooker Back and struggle on we don't want another Trundle on our hands

A little exaggerated but not a million miles from the truth... I don't think Enoch/Byfield/Trundle are the worst we have ever had (one only needs look back to Steve Torpey & Tony Thorpe) but I agree that if we are serious about going up then we will need to spend some serious money on a 20-something striker sooner or later, so why not sooner??

The likes of Adebola - another player in the 'home-stretch' of his career - doesn't add the sparky, nippy, lively little striker I think we would all like to see. Does he add anything Enoch and Trundle don't already offer? Both are adequate holding players.

I an fed up with the management telling us there is money to spend then they target another over the hill 30 some think.

If they are serious about us going up then show it with some Quality not trying to do it on the cheap.

If we did go up we would be in the same position as we are now looking for another forward if we are going to buy get some one with some mileage on the clock.

I know the happy clappers will be gritting their teeth but this is the worst forward line that we have ever had or very nearly.

Please don't tell me to look at the league tables it cuts no ice with me our Forwards apart from Byfield are so poor its unbelievable.

If we can't buy quality don't any one get Brooker Back and struggle on we don't want another Trundle on our hands

ayil0.jpg

yawwwwnnn yawwwwn change the subject....

Archived