IGNORED

Come On City Stop Talking The Talk If You Can't

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate
And you have not responded to my suggestion that the only player that meets all your criteria is Drogba. Though Adebayor is close. Which would you prefer of the two? Otherwise give us the names of players with all these attributes we might realistically sign.

Give me a few million I expect we could get some quality players but not old has beens

I an fed up with the management telling us there is money to spend then they target another over the hill 30 some think.

If they are serious about us going up then show it with some Quality not trying to do it on the cheap.

If we did go up we would be in the same position as we are now looking for another forward if we are going to buy get some one with some mileage on the clock.

I know the happy clappers will be gritting their teeth but this is the worst forward line that we have ever had or very nearly.

Please don't tell me to look at the league tables it cuts no ice with me our Forwards apart from Byfield are so poor its unbelievable.

If we can't buy quality don't any one get Brooker Back and struggle on we don't want another Trundle on our hands

My god Ashton Yate, you really are a silly little man, and probably the reason for GJ's comments in the WDP.

''The table cuts no ice'', think about that comment for a while yeah......

GJ has said he will buy if it will IMPROVE the squad....IMPROVE, IMPROVE, IMPROVE, IMPROVE Mr Yate..... And that non ice cutting league says we are joint top on points with a team everyone says we should look up too.

If GJ finds a striker that will IMPROVE the squad he will buy..... Or shall we just throw money about on someone that won't be any better than what we've got.?

PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF GOD TRUST WHAT WE'VE GOT, THE MANAGER AND THE BOARD.. PLEASE..... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.... THEY HAVENT DONE THAT BAD HAVE THEY???

rant over

Guest ashtonyate
My god Ashton Yate, you really are a silly little man, and probably the reason for GJ's comments in the WDP.

''The table cuts no ice'', think about that comment for a while yeah......

GJ has said he will buy if it will IMPROVE the squad....IMPROVE, IMPROVE, IMPROVE, IMPROVE Mr Yate..... And that non ice cutting league says we are joint top on points with a team everyone says we should look up too.

If GJ finds a striker that will IMPROVE the squad he will buy..... Or shall we just throw money about on someone that won't be any better than what we've got.?

PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF GOD TRUST WHAT WE'VE GOT, THE MANAGER AND THE BOARD.. PLEASE..... PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.... THEY HAVENT DONE THAT BAD HAVE THEY???

rant over

so adebola will add to the squad and you are saying i am silly

Guest ashtonyate
Did I say Adebola would add to the squad? Has he arrived yet? Source please?

Well its reported that Johnson has made a bid for Adeobla and thats what the post is about Lansdowne has said their is money to buy I saying if there is money then buy Quality not over the hill has beens now what are you lot saying

It appears you've broken through the "boredom" level and advanced to the "contempt" level. I wonder where next? - pity? I guess it will be like watching a budgie chat away to itself in its little mirror. Who can say?

''Amusement'' for me, only hope Johnson come's round to seeing it this way too.

Well its reported that Johnson has made a bid for Adeobla and thats what the post is about Lansdowne has said their is money to buy I saying if there is money then buy Quality not over the hill has beens now what are you lot saying

I think the key word in that is ''reported''.....

Ive said before, he is either king of the wind ups or a Saghead.

Tempted to think the latter - has achieved one thing with this thread- almost unanimity.

We are second that cuts plenty of ice with me - we got there with this squad and have already played the Division leaders twice and won away at Watford. GJ and this squad have created this fantastic opportunity by good judgement and hard work. They know who they have been trying to get and why it hasn't happened and if they get no one then that's because no one who GJ feels can improve the squad is available. Will be glad when the window shuts and AY can go back to moaning about the hopelessness of the academy (envy from one of the blue few?)

Guest ashtonyate
I an fed up with the management telling us there is money to spend then they target another over the hill 30 some think.

If they are serious about us going up then show it with some Quality not trying to do it on the cheap.

If we did go up we would be in the same position as we are now looking for another forward if we are going to buy get some one with some mileage on the clock.

I know the happy clappers will be gritting their teeth but this is the worst forward line that we have ever had or very nearly.

Please don't tell me to look at the league tables it cuts no ice with me our Forwards apart from Byfield are so poor its unbelievable.

If we can't buy quality don't any one get Brooker Back and struggle on we don't want another Trundle on our hands

This what I posted now what do you dis agree with half of the posters on here do not read what i have wrote

Guest ashtonyate

This what I posted now what do you disagree with half of the posters on here do not read what i have wrote

Tempted to think the latter - has achieved one thing with this thread- almost unanimity.

We are second that cuts plenty of ice with me - we got there with this squad and have already played the Division leaders twice and won away at Watford. GJ and this squad have created this fantastic opportunity by good judgement and hard work. They know who they have been trying to get and why it hasn't happened and if they get no one then that's because no one who GJ feels can improve the squad is available. Will be glad when the window shuts and AY can go back to moaning about the hopelessness of the academy (envy from one of the blue few?)

We only have to look at players that have been bought recently by other teams during the window e.g. Gray, Ebanks-Blake, Hayles, Nardiello, Vine, Howard, Macken to name a few, all would of done decent jobs at AG, the fact is we have an unbeleivable oppurtunity here and to do nothing would be crazy, GJ is a great manager and having gone up last year dispite our poor options up front i cannot believe we can do it again, just look at our options, Trundle 3 goals and struggling, Brooker (will he ever be fully fit again) like LT never played in this division and Byfield, in the twilight of his career just does not look as effective as when coming on for the final 20 minutes that is our strike-force with Enoch being frozen out, putting Vasko or McCoombe up front as plan B is not going to work. Personally i'm like everyone else, in dreamland at the moment at our lofty position and now actually believe that with the exception of WBA have as much chance as any of going up, BUT WE MUST SIEZE THE MOMENT, GRAB THE CHANCE, GRASP THE NETTLE, REMEMBER AS THAT GREAT PHILOSOPHER DEREK TROTTER SAID, HE WHO DARES, WINS

We only have to look at players that have been bought recently by other teams during the window e.g. Gray, Ebanks-Blake, Hayles, Nardiello, Vine, Howard, Macken to name a few, all would of done decent jobs at AG, the fact is we have an unbeleivable oppurtunity here and to do nothing would be crazy, GJ is a great manager and having gone up last year dispite our poor options up front i cannot believe we can do it again, just look at our options, Trundle 3 goals and struggling, Brooker (will he ever be fully fit again) like LT never played in this division and Byfield, in the twilight of his career just does not look as effective as when coming on for the final 20 minutes that is our strike-force with Enoch being frozen out, putting Vasko or McCoombe up front as plan B is not going to work. Personally i'm like everyone else, in dreamland at the moment at our lofty position and now actually believe that with the exception of WBA have as much chance as any of going up, BUT WE MUST SIEZE THE MOMENT, GRAB THE CHANCE, GRASP THE NETTLE, REMEMBER AS THAT GREAT PHILOSOPHER DEREK TROTTER SAID, HE WHO DARES, WINS

LT hasn't had much influence in getting us this far, Brooker has had none, Byfield to be fair has done fine. I cant really believe anyone thinks it is not imperative to get in a striker for the final push if only for the reason we no longer have Jevons or Enoch at our disposal

Give me a few million I expect we could get some quality players but not old has beens

And still you have no names to offer. Your argument would be a lot stronger if you did. If Gary targets the wrong players who are the right ones in your view? Seems a perfectly reasonable question to me.

If you are going to Quote me do it right I said we wanted a pacy ball winning target man which is a long way from a 33 old over the hill player like Abobla

Poster are having a go but that's ok it shows what a lot of coin flippers there on the forum that they clammer for a over the hill player I would have though they learnt the lesson with Trundle

So let's get it right. You want a

lipsmackinglightningquickbigandstrongtallheadingballwinninghardshootingambidextrousfa

stdribblingunderthirtywentygoalaseasonpoaochingcheaptobuy......s t r i k e r

Fo all of you that remember the old Coca Cola advert.

It's really simple. This is as good as being a city supporter gets.

If it frustrates you, leaves you unhappy or unsatisfied, perhaps it's best to do something different?

If you're not over the moon about current form/squad then you're asking too much and you'll never be satisfied - even with a squad of galacticos I guess.

So for your own sake and personal levels of happiness, I suggest you support a different team or take up a new hobby..

In answer to one of the questions, I am pretty sure AY is the idiot that sits behind me. If not then I should put them in touch with each other, they could start their own club and set the world to rights. :noexpression:

The thing that really gets me about this argument, and to a certain extent some of the other "sign a striker" threads, is that it feels like deja-vu to me. I am sure we had this argument right up to May last season, didn't we? We were going to fall short due to the lack of a single goalscorer, the doom mongers said.

In one of the other threads I made the point that only a handful of teams have scored more goals than us and up until the start of tonights games only one of them is above us.

This suggests 2 things.

1. Finding strikers is harder than MR AY thinks

2. Winning 6-0 only gets you the same number of points as winning 1-0.

Guest ashtonyate
In answer to one of the questions, I am pretty sure AY is the idiot that sits behind me. If not then I should put them in touch with each other, they could start their own club and set the world to rights. :noexpression:

The thing that really gets me about this argument, and to a certain extent some of the other "sign a striker" threads, is that it feels like deja-vu to me. I am sure we had this argument right up to May last season, didn't we? We were going to fall short due to the lack of a single goalscorer, the doom mongers said.

In one of the other threads I made the point that only a handful of teams have scored more goals than us and up until the start of tonights games only one of them is above us.

This suggests 2 things.

I think Johnson should be Chelsea Manager he could save them millions They just spent 15million on anlka sp what a wast of money that's why they spend so much on strikers to share out the chairman's money

Winning 6 nil great I think if we went two down that would be it

This suggests 2 things.

We got promoted last season dispite the strikers we had not because ofthe strikers we had.

We got promoted last season dispite the strikers we had not because ofthe strikers we had.

So basically you are saying we could have had Bas Savage and Steve Phillips up front last season and we'd still have gone up.

Or do you think maybe 17 goals from Jevons and 15 from Showunmi helped a little bit?

Guest ashtonyate
Duh - but we got promoted!

So then when is the time right to buy a striker most on this forum think January is not right there even some on here think the summer season is not right so when is the right time ???

So then when is the time right to buy a striker most on this forum think January is not right there even some on here think the summer season is not right so when is the right time ???

When a player who will add significant value to the team is available and willing to come, and for the right price.

Trust me, Gary Johnson is not refusing to sign a striker purely to spite you. He either has something in progress or he can't find anyone suitable. Either way he's earned the right to our support with his actions thus far.

Guest ashtonyate
So basically you are saying we could have had Bas Savage and Steve Phillips up front last season and we'd still have gone up.

Or do you think maybe 17 goals from Jevons and 15 from Showunmi helped a little bit?

Yes I don't know if you have noticed that Jevons has been transferred not even given a chance in the team.

What shame that was helped us up then discarded after johnson said the players who help us up would be given a chance, and Enock want to move so he will find it hard to get back in.

Archived