IGNORED

Come On City Stop Talking The Talk If You Can't

Guest ashtonyate

I'm sorry? Are you insane?

What about Beadle and Jones? Pinamonte and Torpey? Spencer and Meechan? And that's just in the last 10 years.

If you think that the current forward line is the worst ever then you must be even dafter than I'd previously thought.

People like you are the reason why Bristol never gets any success. Nothing anybody ever does is good enough, and frankly you prefer mediocrity because it's easier to complain about. Johnson could sign Rooney and Ronaldo and you'd find fault somehow.

Ian Baird and Liam Robinson and if that wasn't bad enough........Ian Brown on the bench...........whooooooooo!

as for inspried signings up front.....who can forget Micheal Bridges and Marcus Stewart?

I think Johnson is a good manager and I trust him to sign defender and midfielders but not forwards as his past signings are very uninspiring

Your quite right to point out his track record in signing strikers is poor but nevertheless he's either a lucky manager or knows what he doing as you don't win promotion your your first full season and then in your 2nd term in charge get a side favoutes with the bookies to go straight back down joint top of the Championship with only 17 to play.

In saying that I do share your frustration as I just feel with a couple of good signing in the forwards dept. we could really push on and cement a place the Premiership.

2 DAYS AND COUNTING...

his past forward line may not have inspried you, however they have done the jobs required of them to bring success to this football club.

if being 2nd in the championship at the end of jan, doesn't inspire you? what does?

Angling Times when it comes out on a Wednesday? and Knitting Monthly on the 3rd Thursday of the month?

For Gawd's sake no wonder I keep missing it, it always used to come out on the last Friday of every month. They never tell you, do they?

The miserable old bugger has got half a point though!!!!

The bit about the league table cutting no ice is a load of tosh!!

But I can't honestly see us hanging in top two without at least 1 quality striker, I know we gotta be careful about getting the right bloke, but if we make it up we'll be minted so surely it must be worth taking a risk and spending 1m plus on the right guy,who????

Dunno, thats Johnsons job aint it??

One day GJ will say enough is enough and he'll leave the club because he's fed up of the negativity of a few on here and at the gate.

Then we can go back to languishing at the bottom of division 1 and loosing over £2m a year.

Then you'll be happy, AY?

Or do we have to win the Premier League before you are satisfied. Deary me.

The miserable old bugger has got half a point though!!!!

The bit about the league table cutting no ice is a load of tosh!!

But I can't honestly see us hanging in top two without at least 1 quality striker, I know we gotta be careful about getting the right bloke, but if we make it up we'll be minted so surely it must be worth taking a risk and spending 1m plus on the right guy,who????

Dunno, thats Johnsons job aint it??

We've 'hung' in there since September and generally have a decent run in on paper.

In GJ we trust :pray: .

his past forward line may not have inspried you, however they have done the jobs required of them to bring success to this football club.

if being 2nd in the championship at the end of jan, doesn't inspire you? what does?

Angling Times when it comes out on a Wednesday? and Knitting Monthly on the 3rd Thursday of the month?

Angling Times is out on a Tuesday now.

We've 'hung' in there since September and generally have a decent run in on paper.

In GJ we trust :pray: .

Yeah I think we all trust Johnson, just that we're THAT close to the prem, and we might not get another chance as good as this to make the leap up.

Think people are just edgy because we're on the verge of the biggest era in my lifetime, 30yrs!!!!!

To ignore our current league position for the purposes of this conversation doesnt make sense, but if we don't make it this season, the failure to come up with a better option than a 33 year old journeyman will rightly be considered a major contributor. I cant see us splashing out more than 1 million on a striker - that would have gotten us riordan, but at the same time, to be in this position with SL saying we have to go for it, and then go for adebola (and I reckon he is decent enough) will be a big shame if it doesnt work out. Put it this way, if West Brom needed a striker and bought adebola would we be agreeing that he is the man to fire them to glory? Not really, we would be saying that it gives us a chance to push on.

One day GJ will say enough is enough and he'll leave the club because he's fed up of the negativity of a few on here and at the gate.

Then we can go back to languishing at the bottom of division 1 and loosing over £2m a year.

Then you'll be happy, AY?

Or do we have to win the Premier League before you are satisfied. Deary me.

It's the same everywhere, I'm sure they're having a moan on Man United,Chelsea & Arsenal forums, thats football fans and I thought that was the point of forums? Forums are harmless as long as they're taken with pinch of salt and are not taken to heart!

I hope your not serious when you suggest Johnson would walk because of comments on a fans forum, the fact of the matter is we're at the moment scaping results be the skin of our teeth and at times look desperate, Blackpool second half for example. Johnson as to strengthen the forwards department before the deadline, failure to do so will almost certianly kill off any chance of a top 2 finish.

Bristol City will never have better chance to get to the Premiership.

It's the same everywhere, I'm sure they're having a moan on Man United,Chelsea & Arsenal forums, thats football fans and I thought that was the point of forums? Forums are harmless as long as they're taken with pinch of salt and are not taken to heart!

I hope your not serious when you suggest Johnson would walk because of comments on a fans forum, the fact of the matter is we're at the moment scaping results be the skin of our teeth and at times look desperate, Blackpool second half for example. Johnson as to strengthen the forwards department before the deadline, failure to do so will almost certianly kill off any chance of a top 2 finish.

Bristol City will never have better chance to get to the Premiership.

Similar second halves (or periods of them) against Southampton, Ipswich and Cardiff for instance - and we won them all. Good defending and team spirit goes a long way.

Sorry I still don't get this logic. If not having prolific strikers will mean we won't finish in the top two surely the same logic means we should never have got there in the first place? Shows how far we have come that people are starting to worry about not finishing in the top two when we would have been happy just to stay up doesn't it?

I an fed up with the management telling us there is money to spend then they target another over the hill 30 some think.

If they are serious about us going up then show it with some Quality not trying to do it on the cheap.

If we did go up we would be in the same position as we are now looking for another forward if we are going to buy get some one with some mileage on the clock.

I know the happy clappers will be gritting their teeth but this is the worst forward line that we have ever had or very nearly.

Please don't tell me to look at the league tables it cuts no ice with me our Forwards apart from Byfield are so poor its unbelievable.

If we can't buy quality don't any one get Brooker Back and struggle on we don't want another Trundle on our hands

Ashtonyate, your book of Cliche's is in need with serious updating as you cannot seem to grasp the meaning of these cliches. To help you I've picked two separate football clubs totally at random. See if you can guess who they are:-

Talk the Talk - this club got promoted via the play-offs last season on the back of an unbelievable run after christmas. In pre-season this time round they made no serious attempt to strengthen their squad as, in the words of their Director of Football, they had a good enough squad to obtain another promotion. Currently they sit 18th in their league and have won a massive SEVEN out of TWENTY FOUR matches this season. However, they have had a great cup run this season and having beaten a Premiership side believe that they can repeat their run of late victories last season to reach the play offs again with more or less the same players in a TOUGHER league with no real evidence based upon league form so far to back up these claims. I call that talking the talk so far

Walk the Walk - this club achieved automatic promotion last season and surprisingly, if you look at the above example, their manager quickly decided that his squad needed strengthening to compete in the higher level this season and signed SIX new players. This club has a squad of players who work their nuts off week in week out and the product of that hard work is that they currently lie SECOND in the league ABOVE their talk-the-talk counterparts above. The team has won an impressive FOURTEEN out of TWENTY NINE matches when the general consensus amongst supporters was that a twenty-first place finish would be acceptable. And despite this, the manager recognises that additional strength is required in the striking department and is trying to get another player in to ensure that a top-six finish and possible successive promotion is kept alive. I call that walking the walk so far.

Which team do you "support", Ashtonyate?

AY, you do ask for it, don't you?

Start of the season you say that what we need is a big target man and moan when we get Trundle instead. Now GJ is looking to get a..........big target man, and guess what, your still not happy!

Look at Charlton. At the last reckoning they had a huge number of strikers ( and are still looking to buy more) that would cover just about every type you could want - big, small, quick, slow, young and old, and spent a fair few bob in the process- but while they have scored 5 more goals than us, they are 7 points behind in the table.

Sadly , promotion will be won solely on the number of points won. We won't get anything extra for artistic impression, how low the average age of the team is or the average height and weight of the players either.

Gary Johson will live or die by his selection and transfer policy. That being the case, and even though I concede that his transfer sucess with strikers doesn't match up to that for midfield and defenders, i am still happy to trust his judgement over mine, or yours for that matter.

Once again, Mr "Look at me, look at me!" has penned together another pointless post. The only thing more boring then this blokes constant dribble is the fact so many people on here entertain him by posting replies.

Yes you could quite easily say "but youve just replied to one of his threads", but its not to talk about his constant negative crap, its to try to get everyone just to ignore this prat and have done with him.

As TomF said, its only a matter of time before people like Ashtonyate drive GJ away from this club. For me, the best thing we can all possibly do is to not reply to any of his posts or any of his topics.

Ive said before, he is either king of the wind ups or a Saghead.

Oh and before you try to lure me in to some kind of "freedom of speech" debate AY, don't bother, I wont be replying....and yes, you are a prat

Start of the season you say that what we need is a big target man and moan when we get Trundle instead. Now GJ is looking to get a..........big target man, and guess what, your still not happy!

Look at Charlton. At the last reckoning they had a huge number of strikers ( and are still looking to buy more) that would cover just about every type you could want - big, small, quick, slow, young and old, and spent a fair few bob in the process- but while they have scored 5 more goals than us, they are 7 points behind in the table.

Sadly , promotion will be won solely on the number of points won. We won't get anything extra for artistic impression, how low the average age of the team is or the average height and weight of the players either.

Gary Johson will live or die by his selection and transfer policy. That being the case, and even though I concede that his transfer sucess with strikers doesn't match up to that for midfield and defenders, i am still happy to trust his judgement over mine, or yours for that matter.

well said champ

Once again, Mr "Look at me, look at me!" has penned together another pointless post. The only thing more boring then this blokes constant dribble is the fact so many people on here entertain him by posting replies.

Yes you could quite easily say "but youve just replied to one of his threads", but its not to talk about his constant negative crap, its to try to get everyone just to ignore this prat and have done with him.

As TomF said, its only a matter of time before people like Ashtonyate drive GJ away from this club. For me, the best thing we can all possibly do is to not reply to any of his posts or any of his topics.

Ive said before, he is either king of the wind ups or a Saghead.

Oh and before you try to lure me in to some kind of "freedom of speech" debate AY, don't bother, I wont be replying....and yes, you are a prat

Well for me he has brightened up a dull forum day and managed to get Johnsons harem squaking!.

Like you say if you don't like his posts ignore them, don't resort to insults, this is a forum for everone not just for posters you agree with.

I don't agree with all he says but I respect his right to an opinion. This club is not a dictatorship, yet!

Guest ashtonyate

If you are going to Quote me do it right I said we wanted a pacy ball winning target man which is a long way from a 33 old over the hill player like Abobla

Poster are having a go but that's ok it shows what a lot of coin flippers there on the forum that they clammer for a over the hill player I would have though they learnt the lesson with Trundle

I think with AshtonYate the glass will always be half empty rather than half full. Instead of being positive and looking at our position near the top of the tree, our great management team in Johnson AND Millen(he gets forgotten far to often in my eyes), good backroom staff and a fantastic TEAM spirit there will always be something wrong whether it be the tea cold or a player lacking. I expect there are more people out there like AshtonYate that go to the gate that don't use the forums. I would like to see Gary get a few players in the transfer window but if he doesnt I wont throw my toys out of the pram! We've achieved so much this season on and off the field more than anyone imagined, and I for one am happy that at the very least we will see another season in the Championship.

Guest ashtonyate
I think with AshtonYate the glass will always be half empty rather than half full. Instead of being positive and looking at our position near the top of the tree, our great management team in Johnson AND Millen(he gets forgotten far to often in my eyes), good backroom staff and a fantastic TEAM spirit there will always be something wrong whether it be the tea cold or a player lacking. I expect there are more people out there like AshtonYate that go to the gate that don't use the forums. I would like to see Gary get a few players in the transfer window but if he doesnt I wont throw my toys out of the pram! We've achieved so much this season on and off the field more than anyone imagined, and I for one am happy that at the very least we will see another season in the Championship.

As i said if we never scored another point this season it would be a good season but we are so close to do the imposable that a Quality striker or two could be the catalysts to push over the line.

If you are going to Quote me do it right I said we wanted a pacy ball winning target man which is a long way from a 33 old over the hill player like Abobla

And you have not responded to my suggestion that the only player that meets all your criteria is Drogba. Though Adebayor is close. Which would you prefer of the two? Otherwise give us the names of players with all these attributes we might realistically sign.

Archived