IGNORED

Time To Get Religion?

boadle

Thanks darling. I'm a big fan of your work too. We should do lunch sometime. Get your people to call my people.

When I read the title of this thread I freared the worst but it was good to see that you (nor anyone else so far) has taken this thread as an opportunity to mock those who have strong religious beliefs.

The link goes to Byfield in a crucifix position with a Wednesday player in the same position next to him. I think I'm right in saying crucifixes were performed in pairs (presumably saved on nails).

You could have linked to the pictures where Orr is in the same position or GJ is in the same position.....ohhh this is getting scary now. Please BCFC stop with the subliminal messages. I gave up prayer after the Brighton game.

:pray:

I'm off to church. See ya later.

Bristol has, traditionally, been a very religious City with all religions catered for.

Below is the remains of ye olde Victoria Street that led from Broadmead to Temple Meads and this famous street was wrecked during the Blitz by Adolf Hitler's Luftwaffe. The famous leaning tower of Temple Church, whose tower survived the Blitz, remains today as a reminder of World War 2. The Temple Church once accomodated the 'Templar Knights' military order's base in Bristol......

36081985.jpg

A war weary Templar Knight bearing the hallmarks of England and Christendom......

knighttemplar.jpg

I think there is something in this, if we get promoted then it will be truly miraculous!

I even made a facebook group about it, and if that doesn't show the depth to which I feel about this, nothing will

If Bristol City get promoted, I'm converting to Christianity

Thats the group name and link to it btw, or just search bristol city and to join.

After Bradley Orrs comments about believing in God, I started wondering if there was something to it, what with our success and all.

Think back 9 months; after that final game v Rotherham Basso took off his green shirt and was wearing a black T shirt with white writing on it. The word Jesus was clearly legible, but not the rest of the message.

Guest MaloneFM
Think back 9 months; after that final game v Rotherham Basso took off his green shirt and was wearing a black T shirt with white writing on it. The word Jesus was clearly legible, but not the rest of the message.

It read 'I BELONG TO JESUS' which probably annoyed Steve Purdown no end as he still had his player registration.

Although it might explain Yessir's apparent omnipotence...

If we're being pedantic, we should really only credit him with omniscience. Either that or the fact that he's got an annoyingly good contact at BCFC and knows how to flaunt it.

Johnson's candle thing just makes this stranger, but if it keeps us winning, who cares!

I made the connection between Bradley's article and that picture as well. very apt!

What with this and the GJ comments about "lighting candles and saying a little prayer", it seems that the club are taking the "have faith, always believe" message very literally.

Now I am an athiest myself, but I am also a big advocate of live and let live and what ever works for you, is fine by me. If the religious underswell at the club grows and contributes to our success, I say roll on boys.

Maybe Bradley's bad moments in the last couple of years have made him re-evaluate his life and the way he was living it?

Archived