IGNORED

Biggest City Dissasters

mjc bcfc

Tony Butler

You gotta be kidding - ok he was no superstar but there's got be 50 odd worse than him

Hutchings, tisdale, dave thompson, henry mckopp, gus ceaser, ian baird, steve jones, sean dyche, bas savage, that fat keeper anderson...

there's 10 in no order

how about forbes phillipson-masters - our big name signing !!!

worst player i've seen in a city shirt in my lifetime: Brian Mitchell (who was a Smith signing - somebody above disputed that. 1992); but he was a free transfer and probably got paid nowt. Hardly his fault....!

Biggest disaster - Tony Thorpe. I don't think there is a single human being in the history of this club who has cost us more money. £1m fee; £5k per week min for 3 years; fairly average goal return and during his tenure up front no team success when he played whatsoever.

Great talent, absolutely no desire to push himself for good of the team. and loved the mini-bar. Still hate him - even more than Pulis.

worst player i've seen in a city shirt in my lifetime: Brian Mitchell (who was a Smith signing - somebody above disputed that. 1992); but he was a free transfer and probably got paid nowt. Hardly his fault....!

Biggest disaster - Tony Thorpe. I don't think there is a single human being in the history of this club who has cost us more money. £1m fee; £5k per week min for 3 years; fairly average goal return and during his tenure up front no team success when he played whatsoever.

Great talent, absolutely no desire to push himself for good of the team. and loved the mini-bar. Still hate him - even more than Pulis.

I have no problem with Tony Thorpe, when he played he scored goals.

Marvellous Marvin Harriett though made Gus Ceasar look like an England International.

In terms of money spent, Steve Jones was the biggest disaster. Half a million pounds on a bloke four stone over weight and spent most of his wages on fake tan. Nice one Pulis!

Ability wise, Bas Savage rivals Guy Madjo as the worst player's I've seen in a City shirt despite being part of a successful side.

Whilst the unfilled potential or over-hyped tag goes to Marvin "He'll be City's first £10m player" Brown. Loads of hype coming through the ranks and the only good thing I remember him doing was a Cryuff-turn and long range shot that hit the bar at Wycombe away.

David Howells

that's ridiculous.

the bloke comes in on loan in march to a side who haven't won since december. his first 3 games are all victories and he plays a big part in shielding his defence during his time here. after 8 games he scuttles off back to southampton. hardly a disaster. the RNLI wouldn't have been able to keep City up that season, howells almost managed it more or less on his own.

has to be marvin harriott and brian mitchell for me, they had to seen to be believed. Baird was awful as well, he kind of karate kicked ruud gullit in that pre season friendly which resulted in the finger, and immediate substitution. I think the crowd was one step down from rioting!

More recently, Bridges was awful if you ask me, I remember him ducking out of a header in front of the atyeo, that summed him up perfectly.

Brian Mitchel was very poor, but the memory that stands out for me was Liam Robinson taking the ball from a Grobbelar error clean through on goal only to miss by miles, remember Hansen going on about it saying how poor he was on MOTD.

Also anyone remember Gary Stanley signed from Everton now he was awful.

You gotta be kidding - ok he was no superstar but there's got be 50 odd worse than him

Hutchings, tisdale, dave thompson, henry mckopp, gus ceaser, ian baird, steve jones, sean dyche, bas savage, that fat keeper anderson...

there's 10 in no order

how about forbes phillipson-masters - our big name signing !!!

nothing wrong with forbes-phillipson-masters!he was a city legend!

Brian Mitchel was very poor, but the memory that stands out for me was Liam Robinson taking the ball from a Grobbelar error clean through on goal only to miss by miles, remember Hansen going on about it saying how poor he was on MOTD.

Also anyone remember Gary Stanley signed from Everton now he was awful.

sorry mate,just seen that.glad someone else thought he was shit!

Big bad Bas Savage, and maybe even Kevin Betsy?? Never really saw him have a great performance in a red shirt!! :disapointed2se:

Torpey's been mentioned a few times....Betsy played well against Northampton....but that's about it...

I was going to go for McKop, Stanley (who also got an early mention) or Baird...but then realised i'd forgotten all Brian Mitchell and for forgetting him he takes the award for me....he was so bad i'd blotted him from my memory!!!

And I take issue with anyone who critcises Liam Robinson..."Boo Boo" always tried his hardest for the club and we should bear in mind that he was alongside "Yogi" Baird throughout his tenure... I'll always remember his two goals against Peterborough at the Gate too on the last day of the season.... a 35 yarder after 15 seconds of the first half and then a 40 yarder after 15 seconds of the second half!!! Wayne Brown played a blinder in goal for his one and only appearance that day if I remember correctly. We all thought we had Englands next great 'keeper that day...Then he disappeared without a trace!!

Ray atteveld. If I remember correctly 2 reds and a broken leg ina bout 5 games

And an OG if I recall?

On his debut I think!

I seem to remember it was quite a spectacular finish?

Not sure it was his debut, but lobbed his own keeper from about 40 yards at the Old Den

Didn't he also play a stupid backpass from somewhere near the halfway line in one game and end up putting one of the opposition centre forwards clean through? I'm quite sure the forward scored and that it was during his debut.

Archived