IGNORED

No To Rovers!

Barrs Court Red

So it's ok to send the Gas to Cheltenham, or Swindon, or Forest Green or Mangotsfield as long as it's nimby?

Yes it is a business decision, based on preventing mayhem from the Neanderthals.

I think I will jog on because basically I'm just a nice bloke who wants to help out fellow nice blokes - & lasses - but it won't happen. Shame but that's life. Let the Gas add to the Green house gases as they drive up the M5 or along the M4 - or not if they end up staying on the mud bath. Whatever.

All Bristol City Football Club should be interested in is what's best for Bristol City Football Club, when making any decision.

Tell me why letting another team use our pitch and facilities every other week is what's best for Bristol City Football Club and I'll see if you have a point.

Guest Garfunkle
Explain.

Your first post included this:

Think of the cost of inoculating our ground staff against their diseases, not to mention the cost of cleaning the ground after every time their fans visit.

Explain. Explain why you have a pathological hatred for fellow Bristolians just because they chose to follow the Gas?

I can explain my comment. People who join the BNP are tribal numpties who cannot get their heads around the notion that not everyone is the same. If they're not the same therefore they're inferior.

Once a City fan always a City fan. Once a Gashead, always a Gashead. Doesn't make either inferior. Just different.

Unfortunately SL has to take the Neanderthals into consideration and force 5000 or whatever into leaving the City boundaries to follow their team. How sad is that in the 21st Century?

whats wrong with bnp or nf?

Explain.

Your first post included this:

Think of the cost of inoculating our ground staff against their diseases, not to mention the cost of cleaning the ground after every time their fans visit.

Explain. Explain why you have a pathological hatred for fellow Bristolians just because they chose to follow the Gas?

I can explain my comment. People who join the BNP are tribal numpties who cannot get their heads around the notion that not everyone is the same. If they're not the same therefore they're inferior.

Once a City fan always a City fan. Once a Gashead, always a Gashead. Doesn't make either inferior. Just different.

Unfortunately SL has to take the Neanderthals into consideration and force 5000 or whatever into leaving the City boundaries to follow their team. How sad is that in the 21st Century?

It isn't sad for SL to not let them ground share at all, I think the rovers always knew it was going to be a struggle to get a new home for a few years, but AG isn't it. Their fans woudn't want to groundshare here anyway, as we're rivals, you won't see rivals ground share in england for years to come because of the few who start trouble and good on SL i say for not letting them share as they could cause damage to the gate the few who start the fights etc.

Theres plenty of places for them to go in and around the west country, but i don't mind the gas personally just woudn't like to groundshare with them.

All Bristol City Football Club should be interested in is what's best for Bristol City Football Club, when making any decision.

Tell me why letting another team use our pitch and facilities every other week is what's best for Bristol City Football Club and I'll see if you have a point.

Never said it is in City's BEST interests to share for 12/18 months. Just commenting on the current circumstances and the possibilities of fellowship overcoming tribal groupings.

I know Rovers had the ideal opportunity when there were in Bath to sort this out but never did. Fools that they were!

So as this thread is called, It's NO to Rovers then.

One final point. When Tin goes to a restaurant does he check out if a Gashead has previously sat on the chair he is going to sit on - in case he catches something? I give up.

You're all right. I'm all wrong.

COME ON YOU REDDDDSSSSS!!

One final point. When Tin goes to a restaurant does he check out if a Gashead has previously sat on the chair he is going to sit on - in case he catches something? I give up.

Yet another crap analogy. If you had a nice car, that you lent to your brother and he returned it with a huge scratch, or worse, would you be happy? I doubt it.

It's not about simply sitting in the same seat as a Gashead, it's about the possibility of people disrepescting/ruining/vandalising/breaking the seat that is mine after 12 years of being a ST holder. If you can't get your head round that then there's no point continuing this discussion. End of.

Calm down calm down.

i think you;re all right and you're all wrong. there are commercial and competitive benefits of saying YES though:

Lets put things back into commercial reality. Its supply and demand - they have the demand (desperate) and we have the supply (reluctant) = high inflationary price pressure (pricey!)

We should say YES to rovers, but on the basis of guaranteed revenue. So ONLY on the basis of 10,000 fans a week and we take 50% of equivalent value the receipts - so ticket and sundries (pies, hospitality, programmes) of £30 a head = £300,000 / 2 = £150,000 a fortnight. This amount should be guaranteed for 10,000 fans even if they get 20,000 fans or 2 fans. They also have to pay for ground staff and provide their own stewarding and pay police fees.

Set up a contract so that if they fail to meet any payment we automatically assume 100% ownership of the club under the combined name of Bristol/Bristol City/Rovers = "Bristol City".

So we could clear £50,000 a week on this deal (Ballack or Torres anyone?) and potentially force the BlueFew into bankruptcy in the meantime.

Surely makes sense?

Yet another crap analogy. If you had a nice car, that you lent to your brother and he returned it with a huge scratch, or worse, would you be happy? I doubt it.

It's not about simply sitting in the same seat as a Gashead, it's about the possibility of people disrepescting/ruining/vandalising/breaking the seat that is mine after 12 years of being a ST holder. If you can't get your head round that then there's no point continuing this discussion. End of.

No Tin, I would not be happy. I would, however, expect him to sort it. Anyway, how did you know my brother is such a rubbish driver??

What makes you think that the Gashead in your seat would disrespect/ruin/vandalise/break your seat anyway? They might realise it's yours and leave you a little vase of flowers & a ribbon on it.

2 or 3% of Gasheads are Neanderthals just as 2 or 3% of Cityites are. The vast majority of both sets of supporters are fair, law abiding citizens. And fellow Bristolians. All I was trying to suggest was a little harmony and support. Hating the Gas is such a waste of emotion. Feel sorry for them? Absolutely. Hate them? Never.

No Tin, I would not be happy. I would, however, expect him to sort it. Anyway, how did you know my brother is such a rubbish driver??

What makes you think that the Gashead in your seat would disrespect/ruin/vandalise/break your seat anyway? They might realise it's yours and leave you a little vase of flowers & a ribbon on it.

2 or 3% of Gasheads are Neanderthals just as 2 or 3% of Cityites are. The vast majority of both sets of supporters are fair, law abiding citizens. And fellow Bristolians. All I was trying to suggest was a little harmony and support. Hating the Gas is such a waste of emotion. Feel sorry for them? Absolutely. Hate them? Never.

I think your a sensible chap, if I went over to Ashton for whatever reason I would never disrespect the ground in or around it and nor would the majority of Rovers fans, just like the majority of City fans would treat our ground with respect, or so I would hope.

I think your a sensible chap, if I went over to Ashton for whatever reason I would never disrespect the ground in or around it and nor would the majority of Rovers fans, just like the majority of City fans would treat our ground with respect, or so I would hope.

Agreed, M.

But the reason it won't happen is because of the few who would disrespect the ground (both sets of fans not just the rovers lot)

I think it would cause trouble most weekends if you did share AG with us TBH because of the idiots who will wreck the grounds start trouble at matches etc, its a shame but assoicated with every english football club.

Yes, we'd wheel the stands back into the shed before we left.

Agreed, M.

But the reason it won't happen is because of the few who would disrespect the ground (both sets of fans not just the rovers lot)

I think it would cause trouble most weekends if you did share AG with us TBH because of the idiots who will wreck the grounds start trouble at matches etc, its a shame but assoicated with every english football club.

Yes I'm sure there would be trouble, its a shame, but I don't think that is the reason why SL has said no, more a case of the pitch being wrecked with so much footie being played (no jokes re Rovers and footie please chaps!!)

We both know they wouldn't sort out any problems that would arise. Their history in commandeering the Memorial Ground should be enough to tell you that they try and wriggle out of any sort of agreement and are not to be trusted when it comes to business.

The law of averages makes me think that. There's more chance of that happening than if the Rugby club came and shared the Gate. When I was younger, a Gashead mate of mine, who used to be by best mate at school, used to come along to a few home games with me and few others. He started writing obscenities and defacing the ground for no other reason than he was Gas. He's a law abiding citizen so forgive me if I'm not overly excited about any prospect of the less law abiding citizens coming to the Gate on a regular basis.

In a dream world then this would be possible but we don't live in a eutopia like that in this day and age. Gone are the days when Bristolian's would watch City one week and Rovers the next. It's not as simple as that today. To me they're insignificant others and I don't want us to help them under any circumstances, financial or otherwise, that may enable them to progress.

Anyway, this is a hypothetical scenario so hopefully it won't come to this. :fingerscrossed:

Just incase the squatters are linked to Ashton Gate again!

The papers seem to be rehashing the same ground shares as last year, so no doubt we'll be linked again soon! I implore the directors not to have a rethink and help out the sags. No amount of money they can pay will make the deal acceptable. Think of the cost of inoculating our ground staff against their diseases, not to mention the cost of cleaning the ground after every time their fans visit.

We don't want those peasants here!

No to peasants!

Bristol dogs home takes in waifs and strays don't they :innocent06:

Sorry, I cannot agree with this bile and hatred that seems to exist with a number of City fans for the Gas. The reason that a ground share will not happen is just because of the Neanderthals from both clubs and what they may do. The morons who torched Twerton Park prove my point.

A very sad state of affairs that fans from the same City cannot help each other out. Life is too short for all this crap which is why I never "stand up if you hate the Gas".

I used to subscribe to the Fanzine OTIB but stopped because some of the contributors were just so twisted and vile towards fellow Bristolians because their scarves are blue & white. It's these sort of people who get attracted to the NF, sorry, the BNP. No need to say more.

One Nation. One City. Two football families. Why can't we just get on?

Personally m42, i just cant agree with one single ounce of the comment you make.

Just cant stand them, want them to lose every game, don't want them near a new stadium, don't want them anywhere near the Gate, and on and on and on and on.

You should of had 23 years of growing up in a hugely sag area (Kingswood) being abused and taunted. It don't go away as easy as that mucker, and made me and many of my mates hard minded against them.

Sad you will probaly say, tough will always be my reply.

I HATE THE GAS! I HATE THE GAS WITH A PASSION! I HATE THE GAS WITH VENOM!

Simple. Cant stand the club or its follower(s)!

I would disown my own kids if they turned GAS! I would divorce my wife if she turned GAS! They are a club with delusions of grandier who will never amount to anything given the way it is run and allowed to be run.

From top to bottom they are all total wanna-be-better-than-city mugs! Never ever will I accept a sharing proposal of anything including oxygen, AG, drinks or anything you can think of with them. I would not P on them if they were on fire.

That is who I am and how I feel and you BS happy clappy all one city Bristolian rubbish is false hope and a pipe dream.

I would disown my own kids if they turned GAS! I would divorce my wife if she turned GAS! They are a club with delusions of grandier who will never amount to anything given the way it is run and allowed to be run.

From top to bottom they are all total wanna-be-better-than-city mugs! Never ever will I accept a sharing proposal of anything including oxygen, AG, drinks or anything you can think of with them. I would not P on them if they were on fire.

That is who I am and how I feel and you BS happy clappy all one city Bristolian rubbish is false hope and a pipe dream.

Funny ain't it that this pro-Gas groundshare is coming from someone presumably living in the Midlands (m42), away from the hub of it all. It's all good and well being in favour of this love-in when you're miles away from the consequences.

cant see it happening, even short term

the pitch is usually up there with the best and to double the amount of games on it would be an issue for GJ and co

SL seems to understand the issues / concerns of the punters (from both sides to be fair) and after making it clear last time as he did with any long term share with the egg chasers

not sure how the fuzz would see it as well with pottential for agro around the ground areas

thats just the way things are

come on you mighty reds

:Believe:

Funny ain't it that this pro-Gas groundshare is coming from someone presumably living in the Midlands (m42), away from the hub of it all. It's all good and well being in favour of this love-in when you're miles away from the consequences.

Wont happen Tin, Lansdown would never agree to it.

With you all the way on this one mate. Sags at the Gate, away matches only.

Imagine the extra work for ground staff getting the infestation from our seats after they had played there!

:o Are you completely serious with your comments, theres one thing having banter and rivalry and hoping we lose etc, but disowning your kids and divorcing your wife??, you are joking right??

Some of us gasheads are nice you know :)

This can't be a serious post????

Tad extreme for a bit of rivalry between two teams isn't it?? for christ sake why does it make people bad people if they support bristol rovers???

Personally, yeah i'd have a bit of banter with them but i woudn't go to that extremes at all thats just ridiculous!!!

:fastasleep::disapointed2se:

This can't be a serious post????

Tad extreme for a bit of rivalry between two teams isn't it?? for christ sake why does it make people bad people if they support bristol rovers???

Personally, yeah i'd have a bit of banter with them but i woudn't go to that extremes at all thats just ridiculous!!!

:fastasleep::disapointed2se:

:thumbsup: Completely agree, I get on really well with some city fans from this forum, we have a laugh and a joke and thats as far as it goes, and if my kids grew up wanting to watch city then so be it :noexpression:

Hmmmm, Bristol City and Bristol Rovers have one of the worlds most renowned football rivalerys. We hate them, they hate us. Thats the only thing we have in common.

And GOD! Saying our hatrid of Rovers can be linked to the BNP and racism is just spineless apathetic nonsence, i'm pretty proud to hate Rovers.

The thought of ground sharing with them makes me sick to the stomach, how Milan and Inter manage it i don't know, they must secretly love each other.

:o Are you completely serious with your comments, theres one thing having banter and rivalry and hoping we lose etc, but disowning your kids and divorcing your wife??, you are joking right??

Some of us gasheads are nice you know :)

It is the absolute truth. It was a serious post. Sorry if it does not suit you or offends you as that is not my intention but that is how I feel. I do not doubt there are plenty of fantastic people who are Gas fans. But you will not find me being sociable with them. I do not want to associate with Gas. Simple freedom of choice. I am not saying I would harm anyone in anyway for their freedom of choice, I just choose not to SHARE anything with them including my time.

It is a personnal thing not a political view. I have no issue with other City fans associating with Gas I just don't want to.

It is the absolute truth. It was a serious post. Sorry if it does not suit you or offends you as that is not my intention but that is how I feel. I do not doubt there are plenty of fantastic people who are Gas fans. But you will not find me being sociable with them. I do not want to associate with Gas. Simple freedom of choice. I am not saying I would harm anyone in anyway for their freedom of choice, I just choose not to SHARE anything with them including my time.

It is a personnal thing not a political view. I have no issue with other City fans associating with Gas I just don't want to.

Why exactly do you hate gasheads so much???

Absolutely.

Also the point is that the Gas are making themselves homeless, it's not some unforeseen short-term emergency.They are choosing to redevelop their ground with seemingly no real thought about where they, or their fans, are going to go. It will be a big ask to expect their fans to travel an extra hour or more each way to attend a match, never mind the added financial expense.

The gains we would experience from having them share would only be financial, do we really need the money that much? Would the Gas be able to pay a decent amount anyway, afterall they have the costs of the redevelopment to pay for as well as the normal expenses. They might argue they would attract a bigger gate, I doubt that as their fans don't sell out often at the Mem and many wouldn't want to go to the Gate anyway would they? On the negative side our beautiful pitch, and therefore our football would suffer, along with the bad feeling it would cause to us City fans, it would never be worth it.

Also I have believed for a long time that if they ever left the Mem they wouldn't go back again. There would be delay after delay and the area sold for housing, any club taking them in would be more or less stuck with them!

Very harsh on the Gas fans and I'm sure many only want whats best for their club, but be very careful what you wish for.

Archived