IGNORED

No To Rovers!

Barrs Court Red

It is the absolute truth. It was a serious post. Sorry if it does not suit you or offends you as that is not my intention but that is how I feel. I do not doubt there are plenty of fantastic people who are Gas fans. But you will not find me being sociable with them. I do not want to associate with Gas. Simple freedom of choice. I am not saying I would harm anyone in anyway for their freedom of choice, I just choose not to SHARE anything with them including my time.

It is a personnal thing not a political view. I have no issue with other City fans associating with Gas I just don't want to.

No it didn't offend me at all, your entitled to your opinion that is fine, I just wondered if you were serious with the disowning the kids thats all, no need to reply as I know you don't want to associate yourself with me :noexpression: :)

Personally m42, i just cant agree with one single ounce of the comment you make.

Just cant stand them, want them to lose every game, don't want them near a new stadium, don't want them anywhere near the Gate, and on and on and on and on.

You should of had 23 years of growing up in a hugely sag area (Kingswood) being abused and taunted. It don't go away as easy as that mucker, and made me and many of my mates hard minded against them.

Sad you will probaly say, tough will always be my reply.

Know exactly what you mean Arn. I'm a St. George boy and suffered the same treatment for years, took a few kickings because of it too. Far as I'm concerned we owe them absolutely nothing. Stuff em.

Guest MaloneFM

I'm not bothered about them sharing at all.

If from the profits of letting the chase the egg boys in we bought Byfield and Adebola and are sitting very nicely at the top of the league, then I'm all for letting them use the facilities while we are at the Emirates and then nipping out and sticking Christiano Ronaldo in a city shirt.

Providing of course he's better then Hurricane Sproule.

Why exactly do you hate gasheads so much???

They are them, I am us. It is a bred in, them and us scenario. I have lived breathed and ate City from birth, my family for generations have been at the gate week in week out through the thick and the thin, home and away.

I detest the colour blue and all things Gas because they would never consider helping us ever. They are seen and reported as the 'Family' club of Bristol when they are just the same as any other club. They have a percentage of idiots for fans but deny it. They are never going to be a club that will compete at a decent level yet they refuse to acknowledge this obvious fact. The fans follow and allow thier club to be ran into the ground by a p poor board of ancient dinosours yet profess they are on a level with ourselves.

What would happen if I walked through Kingswood High St on a staurday night in a City shirt? Do you think i would be offered free beers and handshakes by the 'friendly, family clubs fans'?

Do you think they don't have fans who feel the same about us as I do about them? Why should I like them? What have they ever done for us? What will they ever do for us?

Football is a way of life for me, when I sing 'City til I die' I really mean it, do you?

Why do you not hate the Gas? What have they done to you that is so great that bridges the divide of generations?

Know exactly what you mean Arn. I'm a St. George boy and suffered the same treatment for years, took a few kickings because of it too. Far as I'm concerned we owe them absolutely nothing. Stuff em.

Ditto shadow. Can tell must be around the same age group. Tough times for load us in the 80,s although held our own .

Still cant show any feelings at all for them, build bridges and stick by them i say

I'm not bothered about them sharing at all.

If from the profits of letting the chase the egg boys in we bought Byfield and Adebola and are sitting very nicely at the top of the league, then I'm all for letting them use the facilities.

Same, as long as they don't ruin the pitch; but i've heard the ball barely touches the floor in most of their games :whistle2:

The thought of them using the ground all year does annoy me a bit though, but I think we should at least let them use it for a couple of games if they got to the JPT semi-final or playoffs next year, just to give us a bit of cash to kick start our plans for the new stadium

They are them, I am us. It is a bred in, them and us scenario. I have lived breathed and ate City from birth, my family for generations have been at the gate week in week out through the thick and the thin, home and away.

I detest the colour blue and all things Gas because they would never consider helping us ever. They are seen and reported as the 'Family' club of Bristol when they are just the same as any other club. They have a percentage of idiots for fans but deny it. They are never going to be a club that will compete at a decent level yet they refuse to acknowledge this obvious fact. The fans follow and allow thier club to be ran into the ground by a p poor board of ancient dinosours yet profess they are on a level with ourselves.

What would happen if I walked through Kingswood High St on a staurday night in a City shirt? Do you think i would be offered free beers and handshakes by the 'friendly, family clubs fans'?

Do you think they don't have fans who feel the same about us as I do about them? Why should I like them? What have they ever done for us? What will they ever do for us?

Football is a way of life for me, when I sing 'City til I die' I really mean it, do you?

Why do you not hate the Gas? What have they done to you that is so great that bridges the divide of generations?

Ummm why woudn't i mean it if i sing 'CITY TIL I DIE'???? My family, too have been going to AG, which is why i got introduced to AG as a youngun, and i'll support BCFC till i die, through thick and thin.

I don't 'hate' them because the gasheads i know ain't bad people, i don't judge them because they support the other team in bristol, i live nextdoor to a gashead, we have banter and a laugh etc but i woudn't hate anyone because of the team they support its silly.

Ummm why woudn't i mean it if i sing 'CITY TIL I DIE'???? My family, too have been going to AG, which is why i got introduced to AG as a youngun, and i'll support BCFC till i die, through thick and thin.

I don't 'hate' them because the gasheads i know ain't bad people, i don't judge them because they support the other team in bristol, i live nextdoor to a gashead, we have banter and a laugh etc but i woudn't hate anyone because of the team they support its silly.

As I said I do not make out you to be any less of a City fan than me because you have a Sag neighbour and mates. I just choose not to. Yes hate is a strong emotion but its is an honest one. I wish no Sag harm or misfortune on a personal level but take great delight at the defeats and woes they have. If in that makes me bad in your eyes, I do not care. It is my right to have my own thoughts and feelings and I will continue to hate the Gas and will not be satisfied until they are playing on the downs in div 6 against pub teams and still getting beat. And with any luck Judas Phillips will still be in goal, Hollow-head will be back as coach and that muppet Dunsford is still at the wheel.

As I said I do not make out you to be any less of a City fan than me because you have a Sag neighbour and mates. I just choose not to. Yes hate is a strong emotion but its is an honest one. I wish no Sag harm or misfortune on a personal level but take great delight at the defeats and woes they have. If in that makes me bad in your eyes, I do not care. It is my right to have my own thoughts and feelings and I will continue to hate the Gas and will not be satisfied until they are playing on the downs in div 6 against pub teams and still getting beat. And with any luck Judas Phillips will still be in goal, Hollow-head will be back as coach and that muppet Dunsford is still at the wheel.

:laugh::laugh: That made me laugh, ooopppssss sorry you hate me :noexpression: :D

I didn't say you looked bad in my eyes, just wondered thats all. Yeah i still enjoy rovers defeats and screwing up in cup finals but only in a banter way. Like you said not ina personal way, just wondered thats all fellow.

Also i respect everyones opinions and views etc, sorry if that wasn't clear.

In response to your question 'what have they ever done for us?', we knocked you out of the cup last season so you could concentrate on promotion, does that not deserve some thanks :innocent06::innocent06:

que the insults :ph34r::laugh: ,

Guest MaloneFM
I'm not a spanish old thing, I am a Bristol young thing :D

But Que is Spanish for 'what'.

But you knew that. Or you do now. They had better not build the super new Muller Road Dome behind a joke.

You'd never see it.

I think we should share with Rovers when the following criteria is met:

Radio Bristol and Evening Post replace their frequently used phrase "the blue half of Bristol" with "the blue third of Bristol" to more accurately reflect the number of fans at City and Rovers.

When Radio Bristol and the Evening Post stop saying "on the fringes of promotion" when Rovers are 13th or 16th in the table and rarely win a game at home!

When the media stop giving "equal coverage" to a team that is doing nothing very interesting one weekend compared to a team pushing for promotion to the premier league.

When Rovers stop pretending that losing at home to Doncaster is somehow as good as drawing with Watford and that being hammered 5-1 by West Brom is something to do with a poor refereeing decision.

When Rovers can actually afford to pay a commercial rent.

Let's face it Rovers are just irritating and do everything they can to undermine Bristol City...the City of Bristol's football team, who proudly wear the coat of arms of Bristol on their chest. All those who want to follow the team with the camp pirate badge can go to Yeovil or Swindon or Cheltenham or anywhere. One thing is for certain...even when they played in Bath for years outside the circulation area of the Evening Post and Radio Bristol they still got "equal coverage" for some reason. This forum is called One Team In Bristol for a reason and I hope that next season there is just One Team In Bristol and it is playing in the Premier League and on Match of the Day.

I think we should share with Rovers when the following criteria is met:

Radio Bristol and Evening Post replace their frequently used phrase "the blue half of Bristol" with "the blue third of Bristol" to more accurately reflect the number of fans at City and Rovers.

When Radio Bristol and the Evening Post stop saying "on the fringes of promotion" when Rovers are 13th or 16th in the table and rarely win a game at home!

When the media stop giving "equal coverage" to a team that is doing nothing very interesting one weekend compared to a team pushing for promotion to the premier league.

When Rovers stop pretending that losing at home to Doncaster is somehow as good as drawing with Watford and that being hammered 5-1 by West Brom is something to do with a poor refereeing decision.

When Rovers can actually afford to pay a commercial rent.

Let's face it Rovers are just irritating and do everything they can to undermine Bristol City...the City of Bristol's football team, who proudly wear the coat of arms of Bristol on their chest. All those who want to follow the team with the camp pirate badge can go to Yeovil or Swindon or Cheltenham or anywhere. One thing is for certain...even when they played in Bath for years outside the circulation area of the Evening Post and Radio Bristol they still got "equal coverage" for some reason. This forum is called One Team In Bristol for a reason and I hope that next season there is just One Team In Bristol and it is playing in the Premier League and on Match of the Day.

Would like to add to the criteria - WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER!!!

Absolutely hate the Rovers and cannot join 'City fans' who say "Coming down the pub on Sunday to watch the Gas?"

"No, I am not going down the pub to watch the ######ing Gas!". I hate the Gas, I want them to go bust, I detest the majority of their fans' views and attitude. I for one cannot wait for the day that they bite the dust and BCFC becomes stronger for it.

Absolutely hate the Rovers and cannot join 'City fans' who say "Coming down the pub on Sunday to watch the Gas?"

"No, I am not going down the pub to watch the ######ing Gas!". I hate the Gas, I want them to go bust, I detest the majority of their fans' views and attitude. I for one cannot wait for the day that they bite the dust and BCFC becomes stronger for it.

:wub::wub: Another one who wants some gashead loving :hug::hug::D

Seems I am not alone. :clapping:

And when I see a youngster in town with a gas shirt on, I don't think ' fair play, he's supporting a local side'. I think 'What a sad waste of a young life and why oh why do they all look like gypsies?'

Why on radio Bristol does every gashead sound like they've had their 'clever-gland' removed?

Totally agree with you mate, when will they die when they do i will be happy til then i just plod along in life

Guest MaloneFM
:laugh::laugh: Oh come on be nice, I wished you happy birthday not so long ago :D

Indeed you did young person and your uncle is very grateful. But I fancy that Dunfords folly may not see its first match.

However.

Neither will Lansdowns. He buys the land for, pick a number, 17 mill. Now do you develop a stadium which will cost about 25-30 mill or flog the land off for houses and net about 25-30 mill profit, doubling the money?

What a quandry!

Archived