IGNORED

No To Rovers!

Barrs Court Red

Well that has to be impossible as the person saying it has his very own Rovers forum since quitting as a director of Rovers.

Dr Faustus hangs on this man every word so he has to have credibility.....

Does it really matter, you arn't wanted or needed at Ashton Gate so it's not going to happen.

We'll wave at you though as you travel down to the Somerset place known as Yeovil for your 'home' games.

All 2000 of you, maybe if you load the caravans tightly that will save on petrol.

It is not so much the fans of the gas but the club itself that annoy me they wanted AG if city went bust..

During the 1981-82 season, with the lease on Eastville coming to an end, Rovers were offered deals to groundshare by both Bristol City and Bath City, however a five-year extension to their existing lease was agreed and Rovers would remain at Eastville until 1986. Before the lease was agreed, the Rovers chairman, Martin Flook, had made an offer of £450,000 to buy Ashton Gate Stadium from Bristol City, who were on the verge of bankruptcy at the time. However, when City reformed as Bristol City (1982) plc, this bid was rejected.

Red-headed_vulture.jpg

Guest DrFaustus
Well that has to be impossible as the person saying it has his very own Rovers forum since quitting as a director of Rovers.

Dr Faustus hangs on this man every word so he has to have credibility.....

Bless you honey, I'm my own free spirit but find it surreal to be slagged off on a City forum by a Rovers 'fan' who doesn't go to games. Stay free and happy fella :) I kind of like to make my own mind up and not be guided by others, but hey...whatever your closed mind wants to think.

It is not so much the fans of the gas but the club itself that annoy me they wanted AG if city went bust..

During the 1981-82 season, with the lease on Eastville coming to an end, Rovers were offered deals to groundshare by both Bristol City and Bath City, however a five-year extension to their existing lease was agreed and Rovers would remain at Eastville until 1986. Before the lease was agreed, the Rovers chairman, Martin Flook, had made an offer of £450,000 to buy Ashton Gate Stadium from Bristol City, who were on the verge of bankruptcy at the time. However, when City reformed as Bristol City (1982) plc, this bid was rejected.

Red-headed_vulture.jpg

Correct! As always CH, you actualyy know what you are saying. If it helps which it won't, I never wanted you buggers going bust as the derby games (God, I wish!!) are always fun.

I hadn't felt the need to post on this topic as Arnys' comments totally mirror my feelings towards 'the other mob'. Like Arny, I grew up in Kingswood and the fact I was, and still am, an ardent City fan meant a constant barrage of abuse from the rovers fans. Apart from 1 boozer at the top of Pound rd, the area was a total nightmare because all you needed was 1 drunken blue berk to start shouting the odds because someone follows the City and all hell would invariably break loose!

Why should we take pity on a club whos' supporters treat fans of another team like that? Let 'em go to Yeovil /Cheltenham and stay there!

Another point! The redevelopment of the minimal ground appears to be in serious doubt so if they were allowed to use Ashton Gate, who's to say they wouldn't bother redeveloping and try to share our palatial new home?

A resounding NO from me!

Archived