IGNORED

Brooker Or Trundle ?

andy g

So, assuming GJ sticks with Dele Adebola (and yes, i know thats open to debate as well)

Who would you play alongside him ?

Who performed better on Saturday ?

Trundle (who i thought had a good first half and showed a willingness to try to create something)

or Brooker (who came on, linked up play well and put the ball in the back of the net)

So, assuming GJ sticks with Dele Adebola (and yes, i know thats open to debate as well)

Who would you play alongside him ?

Who performed better on Saturday ?

Trundle (who i thought had a good first half and showed a willingness to try to create something)

or Brooker (who came on, linked up play well and put the ball in the back of the net)

Andy you have answered the question

Brooker and adebola to start for me as we looked more dangerous when we went more direct

ie: set pieces and corners, crosses, bombard a defence like that as they don't like it, you will score.

It might not be pretty but goals and results are needed now, go 2 or 3 up then shut up shop with pretty

football, Brooker and adebola know where the net is (from headers) at the moment so you got to go with

it, i would like murray given a go as sproule is not doing the biz on the crossing factor, we got good wingers

and use some width, strech the opposition as we got 2 burley strikers now who will get stuck in on crosses.

Brooker and adebola to start for me as we looked more dangerous when we went more direct

ie: set pieces and corners, crosses, bombard a defence like that as they don't like it, you will score.

It might not be pretty but goals and results are needed now, go 2 or 3 up then shut up shop with pretty

football, Brooker and adebola know where the net is (from headers) at the moment so you got to go with

it, i would like murray given a go as sproule is not doing the biz on the crossing factor, we got good wingers

and use some width, strech the opposition as we got 2 burley strikers now who will get stuck in on crosses.

Totally agree. Brooker and Adebola.

Adebola often finds himself holding the ball up and laying it off to a wideman to cross into the box, He cant be in there to win the header aswell. With Brooker alongside him who is also excellent at hold up/link play and winning headers, There should always be atleast one of them trying to get on the end of balls into the box. Adebola has also been taking the hits physically by himself due to virtually all of our play going via him which is why he has been tiring, Brooker will take his fair share of the hits aswell as offering another real goal threat.

Hopefully Jamie Mcombe will also be back to give us more height in both penalty areas.

Hmmm,

I'd start with Adebola and Brooker

Simply brooker because hes the only striker we have who will create something out of nothing and this will be VITAL for our promotion push.

as is Trundle capable,

Dele has been poor last couple of games and has been carrying the team the last few weeks, only changes I would make on saturday would be

Brooker for Dele

Liam (or McCombe if fit) for Vasko

It depends on our defenders!

We will need to mark Dublin who is a real handful in the air. If McCombe is fit then he can be allocated to Dublin otherwise we need Adebola back at set pieces.

So, with McCombe fit I'd pick Trundle and Brooker. If not, I'd pick Adebola and Trundle.

I'd like to see us play with Brooker and Trundle up front.

I know Adebola has brought us some goals but I still reckon his introduction has seen us go more route one than I have seen all season.

It is a concept foreign to us and it shows, it encourages those with less distribution ability to pump it long.

This negates the effect of Nick Carle, Lee Johnson and McIndoe in my opinion.

Brooker for me is a must start, looked sharp when he came on. Maybe Adebola, depending on formation, although i would go back to 4-5-1/4-3-3.

I would'nt start trundle as he is not good enough for this level. (stats proves this)

although, Dublin is a threat, it's mainly going to be at Set Piece's? I'm sure he's still playing as a Centre Half these days, however could well be wrong.

Personally, Brooker/Dele and Trundle for me.

both have their reasons,

biggest thing is as others have said, Trundle hasn't been brilliant this season, without doubt, it's easy for people to point at "he's not good enough" but WHY?

others have said it and I agree, you don't spend £1m on a forward and then not play him to his strenths, which is alongside a targetman, Trundle hasn't had that this season and I think the partership or Dele/Brooker and Trundle is out best, it shouldn't be scrapped after just one game, however I'm unsure if GJ will agree, WE NEED a settled forward line, something that hasn't happened this season for more than one reason,

although, Dublin is a threat, it's mainly going to be at Set Piece's? I'm sure he's still playing as a Centre Half these days, however could well be wrong.

Personally, Brooker/Dele and Trundle for me.

both have their reasons,

biggest thing is as others have said, Trundle hasn't been brilliant this season, without doubt, it's easy for people to point at "he's not good enough" but WHY?

others have said it and I agree, you don't spend £1m on a forward and then not play him to his strenths, which is alongside a targetman, Trundle hasn't had that this season and I think the partership or Dele/Brooker and Trundle is out best, it shouldn't be scrapped after just one game, however I'm unsure if GJ will agree, WE NEED a settled forward line, something that hasn't happened this season for more than one reason,

Why i think the club are trying to make sure McCombe is fit to tackle Dublin

I would'nt start trundle as he is not good enough for this level. (stats proves this)

What stats are you looking at exactley RIAZ?

This is from another thread, from a old_man_terry post.

04/05 - 175 shots

05/06 - 144 shots

06/07 - 138 shots

07/08(so far) - 42 shots!!!!!!

Now name me 3 chances he had against cardiff?

What stats are you looking at exactley RIAZ?

This is from another thread, from a old_man_terry post.

04/05 - 175 shots

05/06 - 144 shots

06/07 - 138 shots

07/08(so far) - 42 shots!!!!!!

Now name me 3 chances he had against cardiff?

You seem to be agreeing with me?? The stats i was looking at was 4 goals, one of which was a penalty which he never earned. The lack of shots you quoted also proves he's not good enough for this level.

You seem to be agreeing with me?? The stats i was looking at was 4 goals, one of which was a penalty which he never earned. The lack of shots you quoted also proves he's not good enough for this level.

No i don't agree at all i think those stats proves he isn't getting the service he had at swansea, due to not playing next to a big target man.

So not going to name me 3 chances he had vs cardiff then?

to have shots, though , you HAVE to get service and actually get the ball, trundle isn't getting service in the right positions and though the same could be said about all of our strikers.

if you don't get chances at goal, you don't get goals, if you don't get the ball up front, you don't get shots.

it's plain and simple

I was taliking to a mate of mine last night who plays for northrn ireland and he was telling me Trundle and sproule have been told by gj that they will not be starting a game for city the rest of the season. Looks like they are 2 of the 4 GJ was talking about who didnt turn up on sat.

No i don't agree at all i think those stats proves he isn't getting the service he had at swansea, due to not playing next to a big target man.

So not going to name me 3 chances he had vs cardiff then?

to have shots, though , you HAVE to get service and actually get the ball, trundle isn't getting service in the right positions and though the same could be said about all of our strikers.

if you don't get chances at goal, you don't get goals, if you don't get the ball up front, you don't get shots.

it's plain and simple

But byfield has 8 goals, Adebola has 4 since the end of january, both with the smae 'lack of service' and a lot less playing time. The stats speak for itself.

But byfield has 8 goals, Adebola has 4 since the end of january, both with the smae 'lack of service' and a lot less playing time. The stats speak for itself.

Yes, And we have been playing to "their strengths" you pump the long ball upto dele and he's going to win it in the air,

Trundle's best form at Swansea came when he was played alongside a targetman. How many times has he started alongside a targetman at City. 1 GAME!

Archived