IGNORED

Brooker Or Trundle ?

andy g

So, assuming GJ sticks with Dele Adebola (and yes, i know thats open to debate as well)

Who would you play alongside him ?

Who performed better on Saturday ?

Trundle (who i thought had a good first half and showed a willingness to try to create something)

or Brooker (who came on, linked up play well and put the ball in the back of the net)

i would play them both as one upfront at home is negative[though gj record is fine]we need something different ?we have nothing to lose 4 4 2 and go for it

Dele has scored more than Trundle, Dele scored against Baaaadiff. Trundle had an OK first half from all accounts but was not in the game for most of the second.

So my question is.....what has Dele done to deserve being dropped in place in of Trundle????

I agree with Brookers inclusion, but at the expense of Trundle, not Dele.

As much as I rate Adebola for finishing the chances he has done so far - I would like to see us play to the strengths that have seen us get to top 2 for the season.

Whilst Adebola has scored recently, we have spent this last 5 games or so playing very much as a route 1 site.

Not so much as Watford with us pumping huge throw ins into the box but I have seen Bradley Orr pump balls (and the rest of the back 4) very long, bypassing the middle of Carle and Johnson to go straight for Dele's head.

That's losing our key players such as those two and McIndoe.

Trundle and Brooker are players who prefer the ball to their feet and I'd like to see us play it through the middle.

Frankly if we were going route 1 and winning 3-0 I'd have the same issue my mate who follows Watford would have, he doesn't like it but they win games like that over time.

We've got route 1 and it doesn't suit us. It doesn't suit our key players and we're not winning games but chasing them and getting the odd goal back.

So lets lose the huge targetman to start and play the ball through the middle, release the wingers and give Trundle and Brooker a chance to start.

If we're chasing the game, rather than pump it long (most of the time it comes straight back) - how about we bring on Scotty like we did first game of the season v QPR - remember what happened then??

BROOKER 2 in 2 for us - as sub (ok one ruled out)... But todays goal was vital... Career changing and has to start because he is in great form!

Does anyone see what I have been saying about having 2 men up front????

How isolated was Adebola today?

How much better did it look with Brooks and Scotty Murray playing in a 2 up front??

We can't play one up front at home and then turn around and wonder why our goal difference is so crap!!!

Does anyone see what I have been saying about having 2 men up front????

How isolated was Adebola today?

How much better did it look with Brooks and Scotty Murray playing in a 2 up front??

We can't play one up front at home and then turn around and wonder why our goal difference is so crap!!!

totally agree, the moment we got noble off and pushed murray up front we looked far more effective, however Noble was terrible today constantly losing possesion,

Dele or Trundle and Brooker upfront for Southampton for me. either way we have 4 fit forwards at the club and all offer that something different, great position to be in for the last 5 games.

Archived