IGNORED

Brooker Or Trundle ?

andy g

Yes, And we have been playing to "their strengths" you pump the long ball upto dele and he's going to win it in the air,

Trundle's best form at Swansea came when he was played alongside a targetman. How many times has he started alongside a targetman at City. 1 GAME!

I don't think we have played to their strengths. With dele in the side, we have been playing slightly more direct and playing long ball more, but we've not become a long ball side by any means

and Byfield had 8 goals before Dele arrived and he managed it without a target man!!

I don't think we have played to their strengths. With dele in the side, we have been playing slightly more direct and playing long ball more, but we've not become a long ball side by any means

and Byfield had 8 goals before Dele arrived and he managed it without a target man!!

How is trundle going to score if he has to drop as far deep as our own half to try and create something???

And again you haven't named 3 chances for trunds against cardiff, I'm assuming you can't think of any either?

How is trundle going to score if he has to drop as far deep as our own half to try and create something???

And again you haven't named 3 chances for trunds against cardiff, I'm assuming you can't think of any either?

I havent named any because he was too poor to have any. Just becuase he hasnt had chances dosent prove he's not getting service, it proves he's poor and dosent get in good positions. Brooker put the ball in the net in the short time he was on.... because he's better at knowing where to be!

I havent named any because he was too poor to have any. Just becuase he hasnt had chances dosent prove he's not getting service, it proves he's poor and dosent get in good positions. Brooker put the ball in the net in the short time he was on.... because he's better at knowing where to be!

Well surely you could of seen all trundle was getting was balls straight at him then he was forced out wide and give the ball away because no one helped him? He wasn't poor at all, he looked up for it but just had shit service, brooker put it in the net from a free kick hardly hard to know where to be if it was straight at him, then surely he should of stayed on side if he knows where to be?

Trundle spent the whole game trying to create something for the team and not focusing on just staying there waiting for chances

I think it depends on the rest of GJs selections, for which two strikers he picks.

If he goes with Sproule and McIndoe and really goes for the win against norwich, then you play Brooker and Abebola to get their heads on crosses. Similarly, our full backs have a lot of possesion and McAllister's delivery is class, whereas Orr's is terrible 90% of the time. I'd have Wilson in at right back to supply crosses if we go with SB and the.

However, if LJ is fit and Carle moves over to the right, then it's a game for creativity and guile, so pair trundle with adebola to give us that extra potential spark. Byfield is not totally out of this too, he may get the nod, it probably depends on how they train this week.

Skuse for Elliott must happen IMO and the reslut could hinge on the fitness of Lee Johnson.

If i had to choose? Wide players, wide Brooker and Adebola.

that doesn't prove anything, if the ball doesn't come to him, he can't do anything with it.

as for Brooker, it's easy to put the ball in the net when your standing in an offside position, so that counts for nothing whatsoever

Well surely you could of seen all trundle was getting was balls straight at him then he was forced out wide and give the ball away because no one helped him? He wasn't poor at all, he looked up for it but just had shit service, brooker put it in the net from a free kick hardly hard to know where to be if it was straight at him, then surely he should of stayed on side if he knows where to be?

Trundle spent the whole game trying to create something for the team and not focusing on just staying there waiting for chances

Trundle is the type of player you give the ball to and he creates things, he's never been a team type player anyway

I just don't think we have given Trunds that run of games he needs.

He's played more than the other strikers at the club!!

that doesn't prove anything, if the ball doesn't come to him, he can't do anything with it.

as for Brooker, it's easy to put the ball in the net when your standing in an offside position, so that counts for nothing whatsoever

Brooker may have been only slightly offside, but he was in a good position. How many times did we see trundle in a good position??

Brooker was offside by the thickness of his shirt

you're acting like it's a disgrace to have him playing!

Trundle is getting battered every game because everyone knows what he can do

It makes the opposition more fired up aswell as we are only 1 division off the best league in the world!

Trundle is the type of player you give the ball to and he creates things, he's never been a team type player anyway

And trundle also hasn't been a target man or a winger, so why do we insist on playing him there?

He's played more than the other strikers at the club!!

How many next to a big target man, also how many on the wing?

Brooker may have been only slightly offside, but he was in a good position. How many times did we see trundle in a good position??

Not in a good position if he was offside was he?

Umm trundle in a good position, how about when he was in the box when mcindoe fluffed a pass to him?

Brooker was offside by the thickness of his shirt

you're acting like it's a disgrace to have him playing!

Trundle is getting battered every game because everyone knows what he can do

It makes the opposition more fired up aswell as we are only 1 division off the best league in the world!

have no problem with Brooker whatsoever, but offside is offside.

as for the Premier League being the best in the world.......... :disapointed2se: .....but that's for another day

Nearly every time he came on as a sub???

i agree but i think that it's more a fact that he's driving himself to the wing and not staying in thebox i think he just wants the ball at his feet at all times. I've lost count how many people around me shout get in the box trundle!

have no problem with Brooker whatsoever, but offside is offside.

He was given offside, yes, but isn't it the rules that there should be daylight between the striker and the last defender? If so, there was no way he was offside, and therefore it does back up the claim that he got to it because he knows where to be.

Saying that, though.... i thought Trundle played very well there on Saturday, in the first half particularly, and got in behind the defenders and worrying them quite a bit...it was just unfortunate that he had little support when he got it. On Saturday's performances i would start with Trundle & Brooker. Adebola was poor (ignoring the fact that he hit that bullet shoulder into the back of the net!) and was also poor against Plymouth.

Give LT & SB a chance to forge a partnership and hope to Christ that Mini-Me recovers by Saturday because he's one that we've definitely missed.

i agree but i think that it's more a fact that he's driving himself to the wing and not staying in thebox i think he just wants the ball at his feet at all times. I've lost count how many people around me shout get in the box trundle!

Thats probabley me.... :innocent06:

Seriously though i agree he gets pushed out the wings, thats why he needs a target man so he can play off him not just to smack it for trundle to try hold up.... he needs to be in the box!!!

Thats probabley me.... :innocent06:

Seriously though i agree he gets pushed out the wings, thats why he needs a target man so he can play off him not just to smack it for trundle to try hold up.... he needs to be in the box!!!

exacually i think we should play adebola behind trunds give it one shot adebola winning the flicks trundle volleying it home

He was given offside, yes, but isn't it the rules that there should be daylight between the striker and the last defender? If so, there was no way he was offside, and therefore it does back up the claim that he got to it because he knows where to be.

Saying that, though.... i thought Trundle played very well there on Saturday, in the first half particularly, and got in behind the defenders and worrying them quite a bit...it was just unfortunate that he had little support when he got it. On Saturday's performances i would start with Trundle & Brooker. Adebola was poor (ignoring the fact that he hit that bullet shoulder into the back of the net!) and was also poor against Plymouth.

Give LT & SB a chance to forge a partnership and hope to Christ that Mini-Me recovers by Saturday because he's one that we've definitely missed.

to be honest, I don't think ANYONE, ANYWHERE, know the offside rule these days, managers and players don't seem to know it, so what chance have us fans got,

by old fashioned means though, he was offside.......just.

agree with the rest of it though, LT and Brooker would be my first choice at the moment, Dele has looked knackered in the last few games

I was taliking to a mate of mine last night who plays for northrn ireland and he was telling me Trundle and sproule have been told by gj that they will not be starting a game for city the rest of the season. Looks like they are 2 of the 4 GJ was talking about who didnt turn up on sat.

:noexpression:

to be honest, I don't think ANYONE, ANYWHERE, know the offside rule these days, managers and players don't seem to know it, so what chance have us fans got,

by old fashioned means though, he was offside.......just.

agree with the rest of it though, LT and Brooker would be my first choice at the moment, Dele has looked knackered in the last few games

The offside rule is simple if you actually read it. See Keith Hackett's article in the Guardian.

Brooker was offside by the old rule and by the current rule.

Close perhaps but definitely off.

The "see daylight" thing was reported as a new directive the FA gave to refs about 6 years ago and it was a myth, there was no such directive.

Riaz that might be so but how many games has he actually started in a row? That is my point. Its all very well saying someone has played 30 games a season but if most are coming off the bench his impact can only be minimal.

First half of the season Trundle had long spells where he was starting, Alot more than byfield, who has been in and out more than the hookey cokey! and hes still managed to score double what LT has.

First half of the season Trundle had long spells where he was starting, Alot more than byfield, who has been in and out more than the hookey cokey! and hes still managed to score double what LT has.

But how many of them games was he next to a target man?

His total shots this season proves hes had no chances with in to score with, now we have brooks and big dele he will surely get more chances/space?

But how many of them games was he next to a target man?

His total shots this season proves hes had no chances with in to score with, now we have brooks and big dele he will surely get more chances/space?

How many times was BYFIELD next to a target man when he got his 8 goals? none. and he still managed 8 goals!!

I think your clutching at straws and trying to make excuses for him. I wanted him to succeed as much as you, but i think we signed him 3/4 years too late.

Anyone who saw the reserves last night would think is was a no brainer, Brooker played the first half, played really well I thought, lots of good movement, shots from outside the box, played like he was hungry and wanted to start on Saturday.

Trundle played the second half, was slow, lost the ball constantly, looked like a dead man walking. He obviously watched Brokkers firs half display and thought 'I'm not playing Saturday', the best thing he did last night was not touch the ball, one superb dummy which left the whole Yeovil defense flat footed.

I like Trundle, think he's a great bloke, he had the opportunity last night to state his case for be chosen ahead of brokker, and didn't seem interested i'm afraid.

How many times was BYFIELD next to a target man when he got his 8 goals? none. and he still managed 8 goals!!

I think your clutching at straws and trying to make excuses for him. I wanted him to succeed as much as you, but i think we signed him 3/4 years too late.

Well maybe because byfield wasn't as tightly marked as trunds was?

i mean come on, who would you mark out the game coming into the season, a lee trundle who netted 60+ goals in 3 seasons in league 1 ina row or a byfield?

I know byfield has 8 but hes more of an impact player then a starter IMO most his goals came from subs haven't they?

But brookers back now so i want him to start more then trundle :laugh:

difference between Byfield and trundle is the way teams play against each player,

Most of Byfields goals this season have come in the last 5-10mins when he's come on as a sub, he comes on sits on the edge of the 6 yard box and picks up scraps and tap in.

The moment Trundle has been on the pitch, teams double up on him and give him no space whatsoever, much like murray a few years back in league 1.

As has been mentioned in another thread, you're not comparing like for like. Two different types of striker who need different service provided. Trundle was bought because of the way he played at Swansea and hasn't been played that way all season.

Guest ashtonyate
exacually i think we should play adebola behind trunds give it one shot adebola winning the flicks trundle volleying it home

At the start of the season he played more forward but was being beating to the ball that were put up to him.

I sorry to say my first thoughts were right he is just not a Championship player he seems a nice bloke but facts are facts.

Archived