IGNORED

Our Support Was Shocking Today!

Taunton_City

Why are we always self damning in our support , I'm sick of this our support this our support that, i was in hospitality sat right on the half way line and considering we were totally outplayed outfought outskilled from the first 10 seconds thought our support was pretty decent to be honest and had no problems hearing it , thought it was fairly loud

Well said, I sat in amongst our support and it sounded pretty loud from the start there as well, whereas the Soton fans were not heard for most the first half and only really got going when they were 2-0 up. The Saints fans we travelled to the game with thought our support was amazing - noisy and supportive even though as a team we were shocking. They also saw all the in-fighting amongst our own fans and thought it was totally amusing and embarrassing.

In that case, you wasted your time. I fully appreciate all fans go to games for different reasons. I know a lot of City fans and a lot of them go to games for the same reasons that I do, but there are some who don't. I still don't get how they can go home feeling part of something when they spend all game either moaning or just being reletively quiet.

But, they do care about the club as much as I do, maybe even more, maybe less, who knows...but if I was a player out on that pitch wearing the red of Bristol City, I would much rather our fans be upbeat, vocally supportive, physically passionate and always expressing thier pride for the club no matter what the score or performance, rather than fans who may spend thousands of pounds following them around the country, but show no passion whilst the game is playing, don't help motivate players, basically just sit in thier chair, nice and silent for the whole game.

I haven't wasted my time. I enjoy going. And you assume I am silent. I never said I was- I just respect that there are others who are this way.

Of course people can be a part of something if they are quieter than others. What a ridiculous statement.

I haven't wasted my time. I enjoy going. And you assume I am silent. I never said I was- I just respect that there are others who are this way.

Of course people can be a part of something if they are quieter than others. What a ridiculous statement.

how can you be apart of something if you don't say anything. this shows no passion and when the manager has called for our support and fans ignore him and sit there in silence is beyond me. so what if we are playing poorly thats when they need our support the most.

how can you be apart of something if you don't say anything. this shows no passion and when the manager has called for our support and fans ignore him and sit there in silence is beyond me. so what if we are playing poorly thats when they need our support the most.

I said quieter not silence. Some people prefer not to stand up the whole game singing though. I think most people will contribute in singing etc even sitting down away from home. If they don't then again that is their decision- and they are still a part of it as they pay their money and want to be there.

Reading this thread is exactly why I'd rather do England away games rather than City ones.

Gone are the days where you can have a few beers with mates, have a laugh at the football and then treck home again, full of stories that will probably last for a few years down the pub.

The last away game I bothered to go to (I think) was Yeovil away. It was probably the most boring away end I'd ever been in,. and havn't bothered wasting my time since.

There's no scope for those who like to be nosey at football these days, and the more success we have, the more placid away fans come out the woodwork.

In a perfect world, like said in another thread, for big games maybe tickets could be issued so that those who actuallly want to support the team in a proactive way can get together, likewise those that want to watch the game can sit somewhere.

Reading this thread is exactly why I'd rather do England away games rather than City ones.

Gone are the days where you can have a few beers with mates, have a laugh at the football and then treck home again, full of stories that will probably last for a few years down the pub.

The last away game I bothered to go to (I think) was Yeovil away. It was probably the most boring away end I'd ever been in,. and havn't bothered wasting my time since.

There's no scope for those who like to be nosey at football these days, and the more success we have, the more placid away fans come out the woodwork.

In a perfect world, like said in another thread, for big games maybe tickets could be issued so that those who actuallly want to support the team in a proactive way can get together, likewise those that want to watch the game can sit somewhere.

Good post, 100% agree.......

Ive got my Sheff Utd tickets but fear it will be very dull......

you see, all types of fans stereotype people, even you BH. When did I mention standing up in all of this?! If the vast number of fans who I am talking about had showed passion and pride even when sitting down - it is still SHOWING passion and pride.

And that is what my point is, SHOWING!! I wouldn't feel as part of the club as I do now if I was to stay quiet all game. That's just the way I feel.

Just for you BH...

It really does sum up the mentality of football supporters nowadays and why most people would rather watch football from an armchair than go to the game and sit by people who stay quiet and show no emotion throughout the game...

Only seems fair that by recieving an unfair comment like the one in your last paragraph that I hit you with one back.

the standing up issue wasn't directed at you, it's more about that bloke who summed up some of the idiotic mentality, that if your not standing and constantly cheering/singing, your not a very good fan.

your last paragraph doesn't actually make any sense really? as the comment I made was in relation to something that actually happened at the game right in front of me, where as your's is just a random statement?

Make it a 1000 fans and then think about the remarks Johnson has made about positive and vocal support. I really do wonder what the Manager thinks when his appeals are being ignored.

that's the problem though, Johnson does want positive and vocal support and it did start that way on saturday as with most games, however it works both ways, when we put out a performance as inept as Saturday's it's very tough to find much to cheer about at times, a few of us at the back of Block 46 did try to get and keep stuff going, however when you look at some of the performances from the team, it's very demoralising and understandable that people will go quieter.

Like most people I have no problem losing if I feel the team and worked hard, but hasn't got the breaks, then it's no problem getting an atmosphere because if the team is fighting, but when the team in general don't look up for a game and mostly seem almost disinterested disinterested, it spreads to the fans which is seriously a case of what happened on saturday.

Basically.....If the players aren't showing the heart and determination in a game, rightly or wrongly how can the fans?

that was the problem on saturday.

Embarrassing was how i would describe Citys support for a team in Citys position. People can blame the frustrations on the pitch but the backing was poor from kick off compared to Southamptons. Johnson has called for total support not apathy.

You obviously didnt go though Charlton then

You obviously didnt go though Charlton then

Hear hear, however we were playing pretty well even when we went a goal behind. Saturday was totally shocking for a team who are top of the league I think Wrexham would have beat us. While i apreciate that fans need to create an atmosphere the same could be said that the team encourage that and personally I didn't see anything on that pitch (except Basso who stopped it being a whitewash) to make me want to sing. Even when we're losing but the team attacks it make the fans sit up, Saturday was a shambles both on and off the field. As for those who go out and get rat arsed before a game grow up no wonder we had trouble in the ground, outside the ground and on the train home, I'm not saying i don't like a drink but getting p*ssed just because you can is not my idea of fun.

No, in a Perfect World those of us who have followed City home and away for over 30 years, regardless of success, would get priority, rather than a heap of Johnny-Come-Latelys who think they are so important just because they sing!

No, in a Perfect World those of us who have followed City home and away for over 30 years, regardless of success, would get priority, rather than a heap of Johnny-Come-Latelys who think they are so important just because they sing!

Oh blimey, I bet your one of those boring ***** who like to tell everyone you've had a season ticket for x amount of years.

My point is that there's room for everyone.

Oh blimey, I bet your one of those boring ***** who like to tell everyone you've had a season ticket for x amount of years.

My point is that there's room for everyone.

We do need to make room for everyone.

We have two options -

1. Stay as we are and probably go backwards and end up back in L1 just involved in our derbies with the little club in our city.

2. Attract these johnny come-latelys, get bigger crowds, better players etc etc etc (and never play the other lot again unless we draw them in a cup)

Basically.....If the players aren't showing the heart and determination in a game, rightly or wrongly how can the fans?

that was the problem on saturday.

Because we are here for life and are passionate about our club. If we cannot show that in the manner the manager has called for with five games to go and with the Premier League in sight we simply ....... well i reckon you get the point i am making.

Time for me to really leave the thread :fingerscrossed:

So that is everyone who goes in opposing end to watch a game then

Well then he/she should stand and shout, make noise!!!

For **** sake we are on the brink of the Premier League!!!!

Give me 3-500 of us at scunny on a tuesday night over that any day!!!!

agree with you totally mate!!!

Perhaps the the majority in the 3,200 didnt know the words to the songs we were trying to get started.

And this is why I chose to give this one a miss because I knew it would be like this. Just the same as it was against West Brom, Plymouth etc away. If fans' of Bristol City want Premier League football we all need to give our 100% support and become that 12th man instead of just sitting there and expecting the players to win the game.

I don't see this - our support was fine - part of the problem was we had a fair number who had been on the Cider all day and maybe they can't remember to clearly what happened.

My mate is a Saint - he went - he said we were shite (we were) but he sits behind the other goal and said our noise was as good as anything heard there this season and that the "Saints" chant was the the best heard there this season - all things said we were ok apart from fighting each other

I don't see this - our support was fine - part of the problem was we had a fair number who had been on the Cider all day and maybe they can't remember to clearly what happened.

My mate is a Saint - he went - he said we were shite (we were) but he sits behind the other goal and said our noise was as good as anything heard there this season and that the "Saints" chant was the the best heard there this season - all things said we were ok apart from fighting each other

Even Arsenal's away support stands all game, they are well known for having a poor support, Southampton fans sang 'your support is ###### shit' at our lot just sat there looking like a bunch of mongs as usual, we are a joke!

Did you go Charlton???? Now that was support, for the whole of the 2nd half, nearly EVERYONE AS ONE was up on there feet singing there hearts out!!! It was nothing like that on Saturday...

Did you go Charlton???? Now that was support, for the whole of the 2nd half, nearly EVERYONE AS ONE was up on there feet singing there hearts out!!! It was nothing like that on Saturday...

but it did help that at the charlton game the players showed some fight, commitment and dedication.

Saturday..........there was none of that, for me, the atmoshpere started ok, but got worse as the game went on.

but it did help that at the charlton game the players showed some fight, commitment and dedication.

Saturday..........there was none of that, for me, the atmoshpere started ok, but got worse as the game went on.

spot on

It was not that long ago that stewards were a right pain and insisted that fans stayed seated. I.M.H.O. EVERYONE should be a bit more sensible and give a little more respect to others.

Any wiff of any repeat of Sats infighting at home will no doubt draw a swift response from B.C.F.C. and we all could suffer.

There is enough room for all sorts in all stands surely.

###### me these players are on thousands a week, they should be able to play no matter what the support is like, its their JOB.

Archived