IGNORED

Our Support Was Shocking Today!

Taunton_City

I erxpect he wanted to watch the game rather than look at your fat backside!

Well then he/she should stand and shout, make noise!!!

For **** sake we are on the brink of the Premier League!!!!

Give me 3-500 of us at scunny on a tuesday night over that any day!!!!

Well, if you are happy blocking everybody elses view, just carry on!

Your boring me now mate!!!

If you want to sit, then go at the front!!!

If you want to stand then go at the back!!

Simple really init, but what ****s me off is i pay my money only to have some ****.t who prob has only been to a 1 or 2 games this season telling me what to do!!!!!

Guest WellyCiderHead
Your boring me now mate!!!

If you want to sit, then go at the front!!!

If you want to stand then go at the back!!

Simple really init, but what ****s me off is i pay my money only to have some ****.t who prob has only been to a 1 or 2 games this season telling me what to do!!!!!

well said that man, up the somerset!

Guest WellyCiderHead
Today did my head in mate!! So many happy clappers!!!! JCLs!!!!! :gaah: make some noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

know what you mean mate, I'm an EE season ticket holder and the last 2-3 games where its been overflow its been like a morgue. just full of people who think football is like going to the theatre or something, stand and clap when we score and just sit there when we are playing, its really not what our national sport is all about is it?

Although I tend to agree that the support today was dissapointing (albeit I have only manged to attend 6/7 games this season due to where I live), I must say its very narrow minded to suggest that people telling you to sit down and watch the game are being obnoxious '####s' as you put it. I am certainly not the sort of person who likes to sit down at the gate or any ground for that matter, but there are some people who prefer to not participate as a supporter in that role and prefer to sit down and watch the game quietly, and I wouldnt ever criticise them for that. It is almost snobbish to say I don't like to be told to sit down by part time supporters/ fair weather fans...there are many fans for one reason or another who cant stand for 90 mins or do not want to, to say well they should just shove off down the bottom is a bit off really especially considering the situation today when it was not unreserved seating, meaning you cant organise the supporter properly. Yes part time supporters can be frustrating for sure, but look at the positive side of things, this increased support this season doesnt just have reprecussions for the club financially in the short run it also goes some way to extending a long term more sizeable support base. Even if your not a singer or a 'stander' these people are still valuable contributors to Bristol City football club, and in my opinion its ridiculous for people coming on week after week going: 'The support was crap', 'People don't want to stand and sing', 'its these bloody fair weather fans'. Not everyone has to have the same matchday experience for us to have an effect on the team, I am sure the lads can understand there are a few people out there who are o engrossed in the football they don't want to sing and shout...Personally I can accept that, its better than us whinening and moning and fighting amongst ourselves, There are enough fans within our club to create a fantastic atmosphere home and away whether we are top of the championship or in league 2, so theres no point battering on about bloody part time fans sapping the atmosphere....

I too am fed up with these people who choose to look at you as if you've got 3 heads just because you're standing - these same people sit there like stuffed turkeys all game and add absolutely nothing to the atmosphere. I stand every game all game and I'm disgusted that these nob heads have the audacity to tell me to sit down when they have added nothing to the game. I sang for almost 90mins of yesterday's game and watched these idiots sit all game in silence. Something really needs to be done about this standing/sitting debate - get rid of them to the front of the stands and let the real fans stand and sing - after all this is football and it's about passion.

If two and a half thousand of City fans left yesterday at half time it would not have got any quieter. City are on the verge of something very special and support should be recognising this and putting in the effort which the Manager has almost begged for.

The team are struggling and it cannot help when not for the first time either they are followed by fans who were quite dispirting to be amongst.

This thread is boring me, sit down and shut up!

Is that one of the Managers quotes?

No it's the majority of so called City supporters.......quite simply don't stand and don't dare sing around me - beggars belief. Seriously though, for those of you who don't sing, why is that......can you explain?

It seems to me that whenever we go to one of these new bowl type stadiums, our support seems to think that the done thing is to sit and watch the game in virtual silence. However, as pointed out, when we go to places like Scunny, Colchester and all the old fashioned grounds, the atmosphere can be electric. Obviously the result has a bearing on the atmosphere and mood among fans, but it doesn't bode well for us if we end up with a brand new bowl type stadium, which I believe is inevitable.

We don't deserve to go up as a set of fans on the verge of the greatest thing ever in the club history we are terrible away from home, what's the point in the team trying to win a game for us when we are like that?

I fully understand that some people want to sit down at football and i have no problem with that but there needs to be a certain part of the ground where people can stand up, yesterday we had lots of pockets who wanted to stand and sing some down the front to the left and right etc and due to them standing up people got annoyed.

But what annoys me is people that want to sit down seem to think they have more of a right to then people that want to stand, let people have a choice.

I wouldn't be surprised if lansdown came out and said "You lot a shocking, I'm throwing in the towel you lot don't deserve Premier League football"

We don't deserve it, everyone sat there like idiots hoping to be entertained on the pitch, never going to happen is it.

The more fans we get away from home the worse we become.

It seems to me that whenever we go to one of these new bowl type stadiums, our support seems to think that the done thing is to sit and watch the game in virtual silence. However, as pointed out, when we go to places like Scunny, Colchester and all the old fashioned grounds, the atmosphere can be electric. Obviously the result has a bearing on the atmosphere and mood among fans, but it doesn't bode well for us if we end up with a brand new bowl type stadium, which I believe is inevitable.

I personally think it's more to do with whether it's POTD or not. Sorry to say this, but whenever tickets are purchased by ST holders only the support is dreadful - you only have to look at Palace/Charlton away, these matches were POTD and strike me down the support was absolutely awesome - can we all not see this, to me it's so damn obvious.

I personally think it's more to do with whether it's POTD or not. Sorry to say this, but whenever tickets are purchased by ST holders only the support is dreadful - you only have to look at Palace/Charlton away, these matches were POTD and strike me down the support was absolutely awesome - can we all not see this, to me it's so damn obvious.

Also the other big problem is reserved seating. Groups of singers are spread all over the stand, mixed in with families etc who want to sit and watch. Both are fine, but they need to be grouped together. This apparently, is what started the trouble in the stand yesterday as well.

The Saints support was amazing - how they kept up 'when the saints go marching in' for so long in the second half was very impressive. It was difficult for any City fans to get a song going.

Plus when the City team is putting in such a dire performance its very hard to get motivated to start a chant. If the game had been closer with City creating something I reckon the travelling fans would have got behind them more.

The Saints support was amazing - how they kept up 'when the saints go marching in' for so long in the second half was very impressive. It was difficult for any City fans to get a song going.

Plus when the City team is putting in such a dire performance its very hard to get motivated to start a chant. If the game had been closer with City creating something I reckon the travelling fans would have got behind them more.

What bigger motivation can there be than one sat in front of Citys nose?

Saints support was good but not amazing but it starkly contrasted with Bristol Citys. Their support seemed to want to win and Citys seemed to content to just sit there in silence.

I thought (apart from the numptys fighting themselves) we had an excellent support - we did cheer and we tried to get songs going but noise nearly always equates to what you see on the pitch - that was dire and it did depress a lot of supporters - yes we need to get behind them nad while the "saints" chant went on we tried to drown them out but there was no spark on the pitch to lift us - I blame the performance more than our supporters?

Guest RyanBCFC
I cant get my head around some of our "fans"!!!!

Today was shocking on and off the pitch! I was trying so hard to get behind the team only for some simpleton to keep telling me to sit down and shut up :noexpression:

You were ruining it for every1 else behind you, they couldnt see, and if they spend their hard earnt money they should at least get a decent view of the match without you ruining it for them !

I'm all for safe standin but its not fair ruining it for every1 else just cos you don't want to sit down.

I thought (apart from the numptys fighting themselves) we had an excellent support - we did cheer and we tried to get songs going but noise nearly always equates to what you see on the pitch - that was dire and it did depress a lot of supporters - yes we need to get behind them nad while the "saints" chant went on we tried to drown them out but there was no spark on the pitch to lift us - I blame the performance more than our supporters?

It shouldnt matter what the game is like, the team should have our unconditional support. If they play crap why don't we try and lift them up?

Two points in reply

1.So was the performance and if the players can't be bothered neither can I.

2.It niggles me when I'm trying to watch the game and a bunch of plebs are stood up in front of me, singing at the opposition supporters, not even bothering to watch the game! It's also unfair on the kids who want to watch the game and some consideration for fellow supporters wouldn't go amiss.Neither, Mr Lansdown, would safe standing areas so that I and others aren't inconvenienced.

No it's the majority of so called City supporters.......quite simply don't stand and don't dare sing around me - beggars belief. Seriously though, for those of you who don't sing, why is that......can you explain?

chronic obstructive lung disease in my case pal :noexpression: we are not all the same :disapointed2se:

Archived