IGNORED

Will We Survive Next Season?

alanpayne

Out of interest were we to get 4-6 points out of the next two matches and make the playoffs what would you think of our chances?

They'd improve as our form would be decent going into them.

I realise you've gone into detail as to where our flaws are and although I disagree with the level of pessimism you have as regards this season I'd be interested in your thoughts on the nature of the playoffs.

The play offs are more akin to a cup competition and you need to score goals and to be honest they fill me with dread.

I personally think that it is pointless trying to second guess the results of one off games such as these and it might even work in our favour slipping to 5th or 6th (as long as we retain a playoff place of course). We've not lost to Hull, Wolves and Watford, as well as winning against Stoke, Ipswich and Sheffield U already this term.

Quite correct and we've beaten Hull & Watford, however, we were a better team then and hadn't lost form and conifdence.I'm tired of reading the lads are up for oit and we'll bounce back interviews after games like last night and Soton.Shut up, get out on the pitch and perform.Then I'll be impressed.

I may be a card-carrying 'happy clapper' in some peoples eyes but I am convinced that asides from WBA we would have a fighting chance against any of the teams who may make the top 6 over two legs or one game. I'm actually looking forward to the playoffs, IF :fingerscrossed: we can get there.

I'm sure that at our best we can beat any of them-My issue is when was the last time we were at our best?

Amazing how time changes people and their opinions.

2 years ago on this very forum, many people stated that due to high admission prices and players with petulant attitudes, they would be content with City becoming (just) a strong Champioship team.

1 year ago many people (the same ones?) posted that survival was everything this season and we had to get a good start because of the difficult run in City had.

Now City have experienced this difficult run in and have to (in all probability) settle for (just) the play offs and it's doom & gloom from many people (the same ones?).

I don't think it's gloom & doom.It's an understandable reaction to the disappointment in a major slide in form & performance level and the lack of belief in the players last night went from 2-11 with only Basso looking confident in the first 60 or so minutes.

The play-offs have got to be the best way to go up! We see our team play 3 more matches, we get a trip to Wembley and we still get to play in the Premier League next season.

Lets just hope that GJ can get the team back into some form in the next two weeks (and rest people if necessary to ensure all are fit for playoffs) and then get behind the lads and cheer them to the prem.

The play-offs have got to be the best way to go up! We see our team play 3 more matches, we get a trip to Wembley and we still get to play in the Premier League next season.

Lets just hope that GJ can get the team back into some form in the next two weeks (and rest people if necessary to ensure all are fit for playoffs) and then get behind the lads and cheer them to the prem.

NO !

play-offs are the worst way to go up

this was the whole debate about Derby

Chris Kamara said that derby went down because they came up via the play offs play offs meaning less time to spend money on players and less time to get yourself prepared for the new season

I don't really understand fully but it makes sense

Forget the Play-offs! Will we survive in the Championship next season?

Of course we will you NUMPTY. Only it will be surviving in the Premier League by finishing 4th & getting ready to play Juventus in 2009-10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget the Play-offs! Will we survive in the Championship next season?

Our last 9 games reads:-

PL W D L F A Po

9 1 4 5 6 10 7

Relegation form! - form over 9 games is more than a mere blip! Its almost 25% of the season!

yes but its going to be a heavy come down after this seasons delights

NO !

play-offs are the worst way to go up

this was the whole debate about Derby

Chris Kamara said that derby went down because they came up via the play offs play offs meaning less time to spend money on players and less time to get yourself prepared for the new season

I don't really understand fully but it makes sense

YES!

Kamara is a clown. Derby went down because their players were not as good as their competitors. An extra 3 weeks of "buying time" would not have changed that.

Would you like a trip to Wembley? I haven't been yet so I definitely would. To win one of the most lucrative trophies in English football? I would. Hartlepool playoff game was one of the best I have ever seen. And we're due a final win. Other than the obvious fact that losing in the final is a horrible thing, I can't see any negatives in the play-offs.

• Admin
The play-offs have got to be the best way to go up!

Auto has to be the best way, celebrate on the last day and enjoy the

playoffs as a neutral - last seasons experience proves that.

Coming out of that stadium in Cardiff (probably having to cross the bridge compounded the misery) after the playoff defeat to Brighton was bloody awful, I was seriously down for several weeks.

The playoffs suck!!

Whatever happens - this pseudo automatic promotion scenario has helped the club to shift a good number of season tickets for 2008-2009 ... under the auspices of watching Premier League football at old Division 2 prices ... confess if you were taken in!

I think a lot depends on if GJ is planning to stay long term which I'm not sure he is if we don't go up this season.

If he stays we shold be fine again and may even flirt with the lay-offs. Lose him and who knows what will happen...

what a very unhappy person you are

Now Come on !!

Taking the season has a whole who can dare say that City has not well exceeded all expectations ?

If the club does not make it to the Premier League this time then it's probably a blessing in disguise .(Well- disguised, I grant you!). Think how depressing next season would be if we became the competition"s easybeats- another Derby County.

The Club now has the opportunity to consolidate and built on the fine achievements of this season. I see no grounds for pessimism.

Auto has to be the best way, celebrate on the last day and enjoy the

playoffs as a neutral - last seasons experience proves that.

Coming out of that stadium in Cardiff (probably having to cross the bridge compounded the misery) after the playoff defeat to Brighton was bloody awful, I was seriously down for several weeks.

The playoffs suck!!

I have still not been able to bring myself to watch the video of the Brighton game, it still hurts to even think about that game.

BCAGFC

Colchester sold off most their best players to help fund their new stadium.Thats why they went down.

That's not really true. Colchester picked up a tidy fee for Greg Halford but I doubt that it would do much more than cover their operating losses. Most of Colchester's best players left on Bosman free transfers (Chris Iwelumo, Jamie Cureton & Richard Garcia). Their inability to match the wage levels offered by other clubs is what cost them.

Archived