IGNORED

This Is Not Going Away Quietly

WarksRed

Simon Jordan.........."they called me orange"

that's not an insult that's a fact.......what next complaining because they called him blondie because of the colour of his air.

what a prat.......who cares he's a nobody

I like how Jordan moans about being called orange, he obviously hasnt looked in the mirror lately, he is as orange as Michael McIndoe's boots! If he wishes to cream all the publicity from Palace which he does for his own gains then he should expect abuse.

As for the punching of Neil Warnock this is bang out of order and anyone who saw anything should report it as I don't want these people at our football club, takes years to build reputations and seconds to destroy them.

I like how Jordan moans about being called orange, he obviously hasnt looked in the mirror lately, he is as orange as Michael McIndoe's boots! If he wishes to cream all the publicity from Palace which he does for his own gains then he should expect abuse.

As for the punching of Neil Warnock this is bang out of order and anyone who saw anything should report it as I don't want these people at our football club, takes years to build reputations and seconds to destroy them.

I'm more interested by the fact he called us all morons!

Mr Jordan uses Max Clifford as his publicist.

He was never going to go away quietly.

He's been fined for improper conduct himself in the past, so it's quite amusing to see him getting all huffy about a bit of name-calling.

Interesting that the headline is about how he "feared for his safety", but all that actually happened was he was called a few names he must have heard a million times before.

Basically the pathetic and ungracious attitude I'd expect from an arrogant man when beaten by a club he'd probably never even heard of 12 months ago.

Mr Jordan uses Max Clifford as his publicist.

He was never going to go away quietly.

He's been fined for improper conduct himself in the past, so it's quite amusing to see him getting all huffy about a bit of name-calling.

Interesting that the headline is about how he "feared for his safety", but all that actually happened was he was called a few names he must have heard a million times before.

Basically the pathetic and ungracious attitude I'd expect from an arrogant man when beaten by a club he'd probably never even heard of 12 months ago.

Probably never heard of us until the play offs, even then he probably thought we were the team that kicked them out of the league cup?? on penalties this year.

Nothing will come of this story, no-one at Palace has made a complaint to the FA, or will be. Only if asked to produce infro/evidence will this happen. Warnock has said he will not complain, and Jordan only answered questions put to him by a journo looking for a big story. It'll be a slap on the wrists and no more. As for the assistan manager coming back...who cares? It has no influence on the game, Clinton should have walked too, bit of a non-story. Enjoy the final!

Nothing will come of this story, no-one at Palace has made a complaint to the FA, or will be. Only if asked to produce infro/evidence will this happen. Warnock has said he will not complain, and Jordan only answered questions put to him by a journo looking for a big story. It'll be a slap on the wrists and no more. As for the assistan manager coming back...who cares? It has no influence on the game, Clinton should have walked too, bit of a non-story. Enjoy the final!

I might be criticised for saying this but I think Warnock comes out with a bit of credit on this issue. He actually said that he likes us as fans and that he wouldn't be taking the matter any further. I can think of plenty of managers (particularly in the Premier League) who would have been calling for the game to be replayed or for us to be chucked out of the play-offs but Warnock, to his credit, did inject some humour into the situation. As for Jordan, he seems like the type who can dish it out (laughing at Derry when he soaked GJ at Selhurst) but cannot take it so well - we all know people like that. The article in The Times itself seems like the rantings of a London based journalist, upset at the achievements of the upstarts from the West Country who should have been lambs to the slaughter, trying to create mischief.

As for the stupid t0$$er who threw the punch - I hope the silly little c00nt gets a life ban from Ashton Gate. I reckon the Police should buy him a season ticket and make him report to Cheltenham Rovers FC at 3pm every other week as part of his banning order.

why are all the palace fans complaining about the pitch invasion, they're acting like we are the only team who has ever done one?

Exactly and i remember reading on one of their forums before the first leg that they were thinking of going on the pitch then if they won becuase it was their last game of the season at selhurst

It's just an exercise in trying to drag our club's name through the mud because he's a sore loser.

Perhaps we should report one of his employees for calling Nick Carle a ###### ###### and squirting Gary Johnson with water. Perhaps they feared for their safety too. I wonder if Simon Jordan considers them to be "morons".

This is precisely why I'm glad we beat Palace. A less gracious chairman, manager and player in Shaun Derry I am yet to see.

Simon Jordan stood throughout the game at Selhurst Park, which contravenes health and safety directives. Not only that, he does it whilst permanently chewing with his mouth open, with ridiculous hair, in Tim Nice But Dim clothes and a preposterously naff tan which contravenes several guidelines laid down by the fashion police now that it's no longer 1985.

If that's the best he can come up with in a meeting with Max Clifford about how to make excuses, then it's a pretty poor effort. How much do yo upay Max, Simon? I suggest it's way too much, if this is the sum total of his efforts.

It's just an exercise in trying to drag our club's name through the mud because he's a sore loser.

Perhaps we should report one of his employees for calling Nick Carle a ###### ###### and squirting Gary Johnson with water. Perhaps they feared for their safety too. I wonder if Simon Jordan considers them to be "morons".

This is precisely why I'm glad we beat Palace. A less gracious chairman, manager and player in Shaun Derry I am yet to see.

Simon Jordan stood throughout the game at Selhurst Park, which contravenes health and safety directives. Not only that, he does it whilst permanently chewing with his mouth open, with ridiculous hair, in Tim Nice But Dim clothes and a preposterously naff tan which contravenes several guidelines laid down by the fashion police now that it's no longer 1985.

If that's the best he can come up with in a meeting with Max Clifford about how to make excuses, then it's a pretty poor effort. How much do yo upay Max, Simon? I suggest it's way too much, if this is the sum total of his efforts.

spot on :englandsmile4wf:

I don't know, Warnock put it down to a couple of yobs and he won't be complaining.

Not sure about Jordan though, I think Warnock is a character, he's okay he appreciates it's a minority.

Maybe Jordan won't complain but we can't be too sure, he seems a bit more Billy Big Time.

Whats Jordan going to compain about? Being called names. If you don't like it Jordan walk away thats what I was always taught.

He craves the attention.

Exactly and i remember reading on one of their forums before the first leg that they were thinking of going on the pitch then if they won becuase it was their last game of the season at selhurst

Strikes me, from seeing them sitting there like stuffed shirts last week (not at AG in fairness), that palace fans at home lack any spontaneity at all - they would only go for a pitch invasion if the PA system played the right tune and told them to get the **** on there!

Whats Jordan going to compain about? Being called names. If you don't like it Jordan walk away thats what I was always taught.

He craves the attention.

It depends on whom the FA believe, if there was no story to be had then surely The Times would not have reported it?

There's a good chance I am wrong.

Incidentally, has it been reported in other papers?

Strikes me, from seeing them sitting there like stuffed shirts last week (not at AG in fairness), that palace fans at home lack any spontaneity at all - they would only go for a pitch invasion if the PA system played the right tune and told them to get the **** on there!

Yeah! I missed the away league game this season becuase i was in thailand, so this was the first visit to selhurst for me, I was expecting slightly more from thiei support, even now they think they out sung us in BOTH games. I'm sorry but 1900 of us outsung their 19000 at selhurst and our home support on tuesday isnt even questionable.

while his minders were bodily lifting Warnock across the pitch & down the tunnel on Tuesday he was actually protesting to them and shouting 'put me down!'

as he wanted to wave to the fans before he went, but they bundled him off, it was all a bit OTT really.

The one kiddy who tried to have a pop just bounced off the big fat minder and nothing happened at all.

Last night at Hull they went on the pitch several times before the final whistle so it's not like its a problem unique to BCFC!

Jeez! we (as frankly unfancied teams) have both made the ****in' play off final so I think we ought to celebrate the moment.

as for Jordan - a badly dressed Jaffa from an old Wham! video shouldn't be allowed outside.

Warnock-not a problem, he's not complained.

Pitch Invasion-I would have been disappointed had we not invaded to celebrate, Stoke and WBA did when it became clear they would go up on their respective last home games, imagine how boring it would be to celebrate the season clapping from the stand, although that is what we would have to do at Wembley.

Jordan-Well, I suppose it will depend on whether he wants to press forward or not. The FA take safety issues, alleged or otherwise, pretty seriously.

Thats one very simple way to look at it I suppose.

The bottom line that the FA are looking into the pitch invasion and no doubt the punch that Warnock received.

The 'morons' that Jordan refers to were probably those that encited others to run onto the pitch in the first place.When they didn't respect the clubs wishes and stay in the stands is a disgrace.

Lame excuses like 'its fun' or 'we were clebrating' won't cut much ice with the FA who take a very dim view of any infrigement of the rules particularly those that includes assault and personal abuse on the opposition.

As it says at the start of this thread - this will not go away and those numpties that invaded the pitch have only themselves to blame.

There is a difference between a peaceable invasion which the one on Tuesday night was save for the Warnock incidents, they had one at Hull, they had one on winning promotion at Stoke, at WBA, vs Rotherham last year, all acceptable and a mini riot a'la Rovers sometime in the 1990's.

Nothing wrong with this invasion in my book, all except for the wally(s) who aimed a swipe at Warnock.

why are all the palace fans complaining about the pitch invasion, they're acting like we are the only team who has ever done one?

Indeed, as did we when we beat Sunderland in the playoffs a few years back. Not many, but prob near on 500-1000 on the pitch, with scuffles with stewards and tauting sunderland fans. We have are share of idiots who did it then, you have your fair share of it now. I see nothing wrong with pitch invasions, providing its good natured and trouble doesnt flare up. I really doubt there would be all the fuss if Warnock hadn't been punched.

Archived