IGNORED

Nathan Tyson

wilksy

I think you're being slightly harsh there.

That Tyson has suffered a large amount of injuries in recent seasons is undeniable but speak to any Forest fan and they will all tell you he is anything but a crock of shite.

If Johnson can sort out the lad's fitness we'd have a quality player on our hands.

It was only a few years ago that the broadsheets were doing features on him and calling him the new Thierry Henry.

If he signs, I personally would welcome it. Feel free to bookmark this post for reference in May '09 in case you need to laugh at my judgement.

He defo needs to gain fitness. My biggest worry is that he is all left like Trunds. To be fair though I do think Trunds is awesome!

I think you're being slightly harsh there.

That Tyson has suffered a large amount of injuries in recent seasons is undeniable but speak to any Forest fan and they will all tell you he is anything but a crock of shite.

If Johnson can sort out the lad's fitness we'd have a quality player on our hands.

It was only a few years ago that the broadsheets were doing features on him and calling him the new Thierry Henry.

Maybe I was being a tad harsh on the lad. He has had more than his share of injuries but I just want to see GJ make the right decision in getting a decent striker that we can stick with for a while. We've had over 30 players in that position in his time here and still we haven't had one worth keeping.

I don't think Tyson would be a good signing. He's blisteringly quick but it'd be another expensive gamble, ala Trundle last year, on a player who hasn't done it at this level and has big question marks over his fitness. I'd rather we actually went out and got someone like Lita or whoever for big money or got someone like Andy Bishop cheaply from the lower leagues. Tyson ticks neither of those boxes for me.

A lot of people have had their say about Tyson on here - and I can't add anything new. But the two important things for me are that GJ will only go after players that he thinks fit with whatever system (and squad) he thinks can do the business for us (obvious statement no.56 from top 100 all-time obvious statements) and if he sees this in NT fair-play. The other thing is the reluctance of our forest mate to countenance NT leaving - that's gotta be a positive sign hasn't it?

Personally, I think NT comes under the banner of a very exciting signing. :closedeyes:

• Admin
A lot of people have had their say about Tyson on here - and I can't add anything new. But the two important things for me are that GJ will only go after players that he thinks fit with whatever system (and squad) he thinks can do the business for us (obvious statement no.56 from top 100 all-time obvious statements) and if he sees this in NT fair-play. The other thing is the reluctance of our forest mate to countenance NT leaving - that's gotta be a positive sign hasn't it?

Personally, I think NT comes under the banner of a very exciting signing. :closedeyes:

That be 2 of us now then, the tide is turning :D

If his injuries subsided and he got some consistent starts I think we would be seeing a different player. With the striker situation as it is at Forest I would want Agogo out the door a long way ahead of Tyson if I had to choose between the two (both have been rumoured with moves away, Agogo more so).

With Earnshaw being brought in the pressure will be off him to a certain extent, he hasn't fulfilled his potential at Forest so far but something tells me this could be his breakthrough year if he would just stop getting injured.

Am I the only one to think that its bizarre, if not perverse that we are being linked with an injury prone forward when we've paid Steve Brooker for the last 2 seasons and not seen much of him, out on the pitch producing the goods?

I have no firm opinions on Tyson's ability either way, but it would be a hell of a gamble to sign another striker with a notable record of injuries when we only have Adebola, Trunds and Brooker to pick from, imo

Last season Tyson appeared in 34 of Forest's league games, compared to Brooker missing 12 games out of 46 isn't that injury prone, is it?

If you saw the goal he got at Tranmere last season you'd understand why we might be interested, anyone who can pick the ball up on the half way line and do 3 defenders for pace over half a pitch length looks a logical target for us to me.

Its funny how the majority of people don't want him! and say it wont happen! Now doesnt that sound familier to the trundle rumours and adebolas!!

I would not be suprised to see Tyson at city next season and id welcome it! we've been crying out for a quick striker and they don't come much quicker!!

First comment of the summer from Yessir.

If he stays fit we could have a very good player.

Oh dear. And if Yessir's broken his silence to back it then GJ will be backing it which means the source is most likely credible.

His fitness is a very big if on a player who's played a handful of games at this level and undoubtedly another expensive gamble. I give up.

For me its not a question of not wanting him, I think he could do a job, but would have to prove himself as others have.

I reckon he has the potential to be a very good signing, we all want a young pacey striker, he seems to fit the bill and the forest fans I know seem to rate him highly.

With his and Brookers injury woes though, i would be tempted to buy another striker as cover.

What is the point in resurrecting this thread just to post something like this without revealing who your source is? Either you're on a wind up or aren't confident enough to reveal your source.

I hope you are on a wind up cos Tyson is an injury prone crock of shite and could be just the sort of signing to convince me to go travelling this winter.

One signing could convince you to go travelling instead? :noexpression:

Better get packing, Yessir has spoken

If his injuries subsided and he got some consistent starts I think we would be seeing a different player. With the striker situation as it is at Forest I would want Agogo out the door a long way ahead of Tyson if I had to choose between the two (both have been rumoured with moves away, Agogo more so).

With Earnshaw being brought in the pressure will be off him to a certain extent, he hasn't fulfilled his potential at Forest so far but something tells me this could be his breakthrough year if he would just stop getting injured.

Can't help you with that one mate - soz :disapointed2se:

Make that three

The oracle returns. :worship2:

For me Tyson is a player whose potential has not yet been realised for whatever reason. Apart from injuries it can't have helped playing for a manager who has used defensive tactics much of the time. I've come up with the radical theory that Gary knows more about football than me. Outrageous I know but it saves me having to decide who we should sign. :innocent06:

I think, we're one of Tyson's spinning plates. He's been offered an extension and has 1 year left on his deal.

Why would he want to come?

Fair point but we could have said the same about Michael McIndoe last year. Why would he join a club expected to be in a relegation battle in favour of one everybody expected to be challenging for promotion? Gary can be very persuasive.

I think we would be playing the 'Fresh Start' card - leave the negativity and baggage behind and start with a clean sheet sort of stuff - quite heavily on this one. And you know what us lot are like - a couple of decent performances (or even good halves :blush: ) and we'll all be acclaiming him as one of our own :englandsmile4wf:

I think, we're one of Tyson's spinning plates. He's been offered an extension and has 1 year left on his deal.

Why would he want to come?

Y wouldn't he want to come?? he has been offered a pay rise and 2 extra years!!

Il add my opinion on this then and state that the he could be a good signing for us. He does have blistering pace and a great shot but sometimes it his general first touch control that lets him down. My housemate is a forest fan and says he is the enigma at forest but quite clearly has the ability but perhaps it justs needs unlocking. He wont be the player that will hold the ball up and make a move...... he will be the fast striker who plays on the last man and puts the ball in the back of net which I what I thought everyone wanted!! He'll also be a much better squad player to have than the likes of Showunmi and Byfield so if we could get him at a reasonable price then lets have him.

Id still love to see a Trundle / Lita partnership upfront but I just cant see it happening....

One signing could convince you to go travelling instead? :noexpression:

Better get packing, Yessir has spoken

Not just that but it is an uninspiring target. I'd hope we could attract better quality of players after last season, not an average League One striker who is injury prone and untried at this level. May as well get Jevons back, seeing as his 7 in 17 for Huddersfield was a better ratio than Tyson's 9 in 28 last season.

I struggle with the winter in a big way anyway so looking at going away for a few months in the sun but may have to wait til Feb for the West Indies tour. Haven't decided yet.

Not just that but it is an uninspiring target. I'd hope we could attract better quality of players after last season, not an average League One striker who is injury prone and untried at this level. May as well get Jevons back, seeing as his 7 in 17 for Huddersfield was a better ratio than Tyson's 9 in 28 last season.

So you'd rather see us sign Andy Bishop? :noexpression:

Tyson is in a different league to him in terms of quality mate!

Depends what inspiring means I suppose. I imagine to a lot of people it means a (relatively) big name. I don't recall being inspired when we signed Basso or Elliot yet they are inspirational players. I imagine Gary looks to sign what he thinks are the right players rather than just getting the fans excited. If he does both then so much the better. Of course that "inspiring" signing may yet come. :fingerscrossed:

Just heard a bit more info, sounds like Tyson has a decision to make.

His contract is up next year, but Forest have offered him a years extension on the same terms.

Apparently we have offered 3 years on more money.

He is on holiday at the moment, thinking it over.

Huh?

How can City offer him a contract if Forest havent agreed a fee for him? Thats illegal

Yeah I was thinking that too..... he isnt out of contract is he.

Nope. As far as I'm aware, he has 12 months remaining on his contract. Forest have discussed a new contract/extension with him but he has yet put pen to paper. If he doesn't sign, then next year he can go on a free, then City can talk contracts with him. Maybe City are guilty of 'tapping up' a player under contract like the Real Madrid/Ronaldo saga? :innocent06:

Archived