IGNORED

Nathan Tyson

wilksy

Most likely it means we've agreed a fee with Forest.

That is very possible because Forest are a little slow in announcing any transfer news. Apparently your old mate Agogo has a-go-gone. Signed for Zamalek in Egypt - He finally got his dream move and a chance to play at the higher level! Thing is, Forest have not announced anything yet?

Back to Tyson ... I don't think Forest would want to sell him but with a year remaining they wouldn't want him going on a free (like Common$) either.

Watch this space I suppose

Maybe City are guilty of 'tapping up' a player under contract like the Real Madrid/Ronaldo saga? :innocent06:

Unlikely I think, though everybody seems to do it these days. The norm seems to be to approach a player's agent (or often the other way round) before the club. It has been rumoured in the press that we have made a bid of course but we are still only talking about rumours. Gary Johnson makes a point about not going public about these things and respecting the clubs involved. I suspect that's not just about playing by the rules but also because he feels he is more likely to do a deal if he doesn't antagonise the club involved. As to Real Madrid, they have a newspaper that does their bidding so they can appear to be at arm's length. Our local rag hates us!

Look forward to playing you next season, with or without Tyson! :farmer:

Unlikely I think, though everybody seems to do it these days. The norm seems to be to approach a player's agent (or often the other way round) before the club. It has been rumoured in the press that we have made a bid of course but we are still only talking about rumours. Gary Johnson makes a point about not going public about these things and respecting the clubs involved. I suspect that's not just about playing by the rules but also because he feels he is more likely to do a deal if he doesn't antagonise the club involved. As to Real Madrid, they have a newspaper that does their bidding so they can appear to be at arm's length. Our local rag hates us!

Look forward to playing you next season, with or without Tyson! :farmer:

Stop the press, looks like there could be something in this.

http://www.clubfanzine.com/bristol_city/sh...11316&loc=1

So you'd rather see us sign Andy Bishop? :noexpression:

Tyson is in a different league to him in terms of quality mate!

I'd prefer it if we got Nicky Maynard if we were getting anyone from the league below because he's in a different league all together mate. I'm not recommending Bishop but at least we could guarantee his fitness and make sure we got value for money off him. Tyson doesn't offer us that.

Forest, newbies to the league, go out and get a quality goalscorer in (whether you like him or loath him) and we go for their man who didn't even reach double figures in League One. Sorry but that doesn't set my pulse racing.

Depends what inspiring means I suppose. I imagine to a lot of people it means a (relatively) big name. I don't recall being inspired when we signed Basso or Elliot yet they are inspirational players. I imagine Gary looks to sign what he thinks are the right players rather than just getting the fans excited. If he does both then so much the better. Of course that "inspiring" signing may yet come. :fingerscrossed:

You make a good point there CP. My choice of words could've been better and I think GJ's term 'exciting' is better than inspiring because I certainly don't think Tyson's that.

Basso and Elliott were unknowns and were truely inspirational signings. But the fact remains that GJ's only blemish on an impeccible tenure with us is that he hasn't found a decent striker worth keeping yet. 30+ strikers in three years here backs that up and yet he's had millions to get the right one. I fear that Tyson will be the best part of another seven-figure fee wasted, especially when there's someone with genuine potential like Maynard out there.

Despite all the negativity on here regarding Tyson, surely anyone who knows how GJ works would know he wouldnt spend that kind of money on a player that he didnt think he could convert to our way of playing and get him banging in the goals, he has the raw talent and frightening pace, maybe it will take a proper manager to help him realise the potential he has.

Agogo reportedly has now gone for £1m to Zamalek which surely reduces the chances of us accepting a bid for Tyson considering we would only have two strikers then with one being Grant Holt :o .

Out of interest who do you rate more highly Agogo or Tyson?

Agogo reportedly has now gone for £1m to Zamalek which surely reduces the chances of us accepting a bid for Tyson considering we would only have two strikers then with one being Grant Holt :o .

£1m?!?! If that's true then Forest must have been pissing themselves laughing. He's not worth a third of that.

Though I suspect it isn't - I read somewhere that the 4.5m figure quoted last week was egyptian pounds and that's a 10 to 1 exchange rate to Sterling.

You make a good point there CP. My choice of words could've been better and I think GJ's term 'exciting' is better than inspiring because I certainly don't think Tyson's that.

Basso and Elliott were unknowns and were truely inspirational signings. But the fact remains that GJ's only blemish on an impeccible tenure with us is that he hasn't found a decent striker worth keeping yet. 30+ strikers in three years here backs that up and yet he's had millions to get the right one. I fear that Tyson will be the best part of another seven-figure fee wasted, especially when there's someone with genuine potential like Maynard out there.

You make a strong case and may be proved right. As to Maynard I'd love to sign him too but I suspect he is more likely to go to a lower Prem club (Boro have been linked) or one of the self-styled big clubs in the Championship.

Tyson. Agogo is very strong but he doesn't get in the goalscoring positions that Tyson does. I'd much rather keep Tyson than Agogo who didnt look like he could give a shit when he came back from the African Nations Cup.

I'm not really surprised by that from what ive heard about his attuide when he was at the gas. People say Lita is bad, they should see Agogo on a night out!

GJ is a magician so hopefully can get him fit. You always have a chance of a goal if you have pace and Tyson seems to have it. IF he signs time will tell. You can never fully judge a player until you have seen them perform. We have all been saying we want a player with pace so lets all keep our fingers crossed that GJ gets it right with a striker this time!

To be quite honest I don't care how he sits with Trundle.

We need more than 1 forward and Trundle certainly didn't do the business last season so why is this season any different?

Maynard & Tyson = Dream

Okay. Just thought I would open out the debate a bit.

No-one from the club will be quoted on this unless it actually happens. It's still speculative but might have a bit more going for it than some of the other suggestions.

I think we eventually admitted our interest in Trundle last summer but only after Swansea revealed they had rejected offers.

My earlier poser about Trundle was badly worded. Say we sign Tyson and no other striker, who would make the best partner from the strikers we have now?

Were still to see the best in Trundle next year I think now hes trimmed down, got used to the league and got his confidence back. He may not score us 20 goals as some people want but he'll certainley set up enough to be part of the starting 11.

But I cant see him playing with Tyson......

Were still to see the best in Trundle next year I think now hes trimmed down, got used to the league and got his confidence back. He may not score us 20 goals as some people want but he'll certainley set up enough to be part of the starting 11.

But I cant see him playing with Tyson......

It could work... as long as Tyson gives Trunds a 5-minute start before breaking....... :whistle2:

Archived